What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Outlook for Ravens RBs - Does the arrival of King Henry signal the end of the perpetual RBBC ? (2 Viewers)

worked out well for the rice owners, only missing a game vs. a tough run defense..
didn't realize limited practice all week means he's gonna get jammed in and get a full workload and have a monster game sunday.
for how he went down for a non contact injury to only miss one game, is defintely a best case scenario.. add to fact bills run defense isnt very good he might not need a full work load to put up quality numbers this week.

worked out well for the rice owners, only missing a game vs. a tough run defense..
didn't realize limited practice all week means he's gonna get jammed in and get a full workload and have a monster game sunday.
But, maybe you should realize that back to back to back practices, albeit limited, is great news for Rice owners. Even if he didn't play AT ALL this weekend, the fact that he is practicing is music to the ears of his owners.

The season has 13 more weeks left, rook.

But, maybe you should realize that back to back to back practices, albeit limited, is great news for Rice owners. Even if he didn't play AT ALL this weekend, the fact that he is practicing is music to the ears of his owners.

you weren't talking about the rest of the season, you were alluding to this very week, and how rice only missed one week so now he's good to go.

keep fishing kiddo. maybe somebody will play with ya. next....

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

you weren't talking about the rest of the season, you were alluding to this very week, and how rice only missed one week so now he's good to go.

huh? seems like an assumption

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You took all that from someone simply mentioning its good news he only missed one game?

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You took all that from someone simply mentioning its good news he only missed one game?
of course. i'd bet on him having a lousy game this week with a minimal workload IF he even plays...so, how is it already determined that it's good news that he missed only one game? he's the one making assumptions. let's see him get back on the field and regain his fantasy value this week like he's predicting first.

Ravens official account just tweeted: "John Harbaugh said he'll know about Ray Rice's status on Sunday. Rice will be questionable or doubtful."

i dont have rice, but do have pierce, just moved him back into my lineup, i think he will see decent carries, with or without rice this week,, benched mjd for him..

Ray Rice (hip, questionable) was noncommittal Friday when asked his Week 4 status.
After a limited work week, Rice is shaping up as a true game-time decision whose status likely won't be determined until a pre-game workout. "I pushed myself to the limit," said Rice. "I had no setbacks. The biggest thing is your leg getting tired. The week went as expected. It did feel good and barring no setbacks I could be out there Sunday." "Could" is less forthright than "should" or "will." Stay with us into Sunday morning. If Rice is scratched against the Bills, workhorse-capable backup Bernard Pierce will be a borderline RB1 start in a cake matchup.

I hope Rice sits out one more week. I'd rather be comfortable starting Pierce over Rice
Me too. I'm comfortable with rolling with whoever is starting. I just hate waiting on late Sunday Morning GTDs. So annoying. I have better things to do than check my phone every 5 minutes as the game approaches.

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You poor thing.

Ray Rice (questionable, hip) confirmed Friday he will be a full-blown game-time decision for Week 4 at Buffalo.
Rice said the limited practice week went "as expected," but he's clearly still not 100 percent. Whether he plays Sunday will be "dependent on how he feels during warmups," as relayed by beat writer Matt Zenitz of the Carroll County Times. Coach John Harbaugh told reporters Friday he's "hopeful" Rice will play, but it sounds like the Ravens are giving serious thought to holding him out for another game. This was initially expected to be a 2-3 week injury.
This isn't even remotely surprising. I'm betting Rice will sit for one more week, conveniently boosting Pierce's value and giving his owners one more week to move him.

Ray Rice (questionable, hip) confirmed Friday he will be a full-blown game-time decision for Week 4 at Buffalo.
Rice said the limited practice week went "as expected," but he's clearly still not 100 percent. Whether he plays Sunday will be "dependent on how he feels during warmups," as relayed by beat writer Matt Zenitz of the Carroll County Times. Coach John Harbaugh told reporters Friday he's "hopeful" Rice will play, but it sounds like the Ravens are giving serious thought to holding him out for another game. This was initially expected to be a 2-3 week injury.
This isn't even remotely surprising. I'm betting Rice will sit for one more week, conveniently boosting Pierce's value and giving his owners one more week to move him.
What could Pierce be moved for, realisitically? Everyone knows it's either this week or next and Rice takes over his old starting gig. Is there enough left over carries for Pierce to be anything more than a desperation flex against poor teams? (assuming Rice's good health)

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You poor thing.
awwww, is somebody mad because he's wrong?

feels great to have common sense.

What could Pierce be moved for, realisitically? Everyone knows it's either this week or next and Rice takes over his old starting gig. Is there enough left over carries for Pierce to be anything more than a desperation flex against poor teams? (assuming Rice's good health)
My post assumes that you only own Pierce obviously. I think he can help push package deals through with Rice owners but not much more than that.

As for whether or not he can hold stand alone flex value, I'm sure he can but it will obviously be very match-up dependent and subsequently rather risky. He was getting RZ carries before Rice went down so it will be interesting to see if that continues once Rice comes back.

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You poor thing.

Reread what I wrote. You replied that I "was alluding to this very week". I never said anything about this week or missing one week. You responded to someone else's words but included my quote.Tighten your game up, Slick. Your "common sense" is overwhelming us all.

Jeebus...figures Rice would be out against the best matchup he'll have all year. And why would Pierce owners necessarily want to sell? He's getting at least 40% of a timeshare (probably) & even got a TD from the 5 yd line in week 2 before rice went out. It's clearly no longer a slam dunk Rice will dominate RZ or even GL touches. Totally baseless: i also have the feeling Rice is gonna deal with nagging injuries all year. They had a long season last year & while young I terms of the general population, he's not getting any younger in NFL RB terms

kd1 said:
HurryUpSundays said:
kd1 said:
ebsteelers said:

You poor thing.

Reread what I wrote. You replied that I "was alluding to this very week". I never said anything about this week or missing one week. You responded to someone else's words but included my quote.Tighten your game up, Slick. Your "common sense" is overwhelming us all.
Would one of you two take his fu**ing ball and go home already!

Rotoworld:

Source: Matt Zenitz on Twitter

I'm thinking even if Rice does play, if the Ravens get a big lead they would likely rest him for much of the second half or at least the fourth quarter. I need him with this great matchup but am afraid to start him.

Looks like Pierce is going back to my bench. He's still a decent play today, but I think it's a pretty even split. I could see both backs getting 10-15 touches

Was really hoping they rest him today. Have to start him but gotta think he's not touching the ball as much as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Bloom tweeted a few minutes ago that he still has Pierce at RB20 ahead of MJD and Powell. I have them both, but I think I'll only start Rice. I don't want to bench Joique for Pierce. Not a bad situation to start two top 20 ranked backs though. Just putting all your eggs in one basket. good luck!

If it were just Rice or Pierce going I'd feel pretty comfortable with one easily eclipsing 100 yards. The situation is a hell of a lot more cloudy now.

Gotta go with your gut here.

FWIW, Bloom tweeted a few minutes ago that he still has Pierce at RB20 ahead of MJD and Powell. I have them both, but I think I'll only start Rice. I don't want to bench Joique for Pierce. Not a bad situation to start two top 20 ranked backs though. Just putting all your eggs in one basket. good luck!
With 3 slots, would you start Bell, Bush, and Rice (benching Pierce)? I'm completely stumped.

That means Bloom believes he's still going to receive a relevant work load regardless. I really like MJD this week and Powell is a lock for 20+ touches as well. Starting Pierce over them at this point is ballsy IMO.

SameSongNDance said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
That means Bloom believes he's still going to receive a relevant work load regardless. I really like MJD this week and Powell is a lock for 20+ touches as well. Starting Pierce over them at this point is ballsy IMO.
I have both Pierce and Rice and I am having a hard time sitting Pierce. When they both played it seemed like Pierce was getting close to splitting series. I think he will get 50% at least and he is healthier. My question is whether there are enough points in this game vs Buffalo to start both. I don't think there is because BA offense has been so anemic. I think you have to guess which one will score.

Decided to start Gio over him in my PPR. I thought I had to start Ray because it was against the Bills but if this acts up or Baltimore gets up big you won't see Ray again.

Well, I just put Ray into my starting lineup, so the rest of you had better take him out of yours. I'm gambling on him doing damage w/ about 12-15 touches, because I just can't see him getting more than that, especially as Pierce was getting more looks anyway; just hoping they give him any touches inside the 10 today instead of Pierce. My alternatives were either Pierre Thomas or Ridley, so not exactly too difficult to roll the dice w/ Ray, IMO.

Worst case scenario for owners that had Pierce handcuffed to Rice, in my opinion. Now which one do you play? I'd probably lean Pierce myself, but don't find myself in that situation in any leagues.

Starting both andenching snelling. Theyll all split carries anyway. This way im guaranteed all the pts from one of them

SameSongNDance said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
Man, it's like you guys have a copy of my roster with you. I have Rice, Pierce, Powell and MJD and I think it might literally be a coin flip. Leaning toward Rice/Powell even though I think Pierce is the safer play. Damnit.

SameSongNDance said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
Man, it's like you guys have a copy of my roster with you. I have Rice, Pierce, Powell and MJD and I think it might literally be a coin flip. Leaning toward Rice/Powell even though I think Pierce is the safer play. Damnit.
I have Rice/Pierce and Powell. Going with Powell for sure. Could start both Rice and Pierce (with one as flex) but just not sure that offense can score that many times even with injury riddled Bill's D.

Worst case scenario for owners that had Pierce handcuffed to Rice, in my opinion. Now which one do you play? I'd probably lean Pierce myself, but don't find myself in that situation in any leagues.
The nightmare is Rice plays and can't finish the same. At least you know for a fact Pierce will be involved in come level. Problem is Ray gets the goal line carries.

SameSongNDance said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
I have Rice/Pierce and Powell. Going with Powell for sure. Could start both Rice and Pierce (with one as flex) but just not sure that offense can score that many times even with injury riddled Bill's D.
I agree. Powell is locked in. The decision for me is Rice/Pierce.

The nightmare is Rice plays and can't finish the same. At least you know for a fact Pierce will be involved in come level. Problem is Ray gets the goal line carries.
I don't think that's a lock, is it? Pierce got a 5 yd TD week 2 before Ray was injured...I know, not GL, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread