What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finless - RIP (1 Viewer)

Norman Paperman

Footballguy
He is done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. It looks like Otis might be out of the woods.

ETA - a schtick post when made, based on the, now legendary, Tiger thread.

Its sad to see someone struggle so openly with addiction - the helplessness is palpable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the real scoop. After spending over 10 years abstaining from all things chemicals I went on a 3 year bender...3 straight years. I'm a legitimate addict. I've put it out here many times. So I am just making a comeback now from losing everything. Funny thing is I function and I worked up until the day I checked into a detox but #### got BAD. I was at the breaking point. Bills piling up, fantasy fees coming in - the financial stress was too much to take. Not to mention losing my soul, my place, my girl and everything else (except my dog) I had built up over the "oughts". I am extremely lucky to be alive. I spent 4 years in the 90's doing the hard stuff and another 3 recently. I get down like you wouldn't believe. A few of you have seen pictures. Those were legit.

I feel great today. Taking a low stress job with a buddy tomorrow rather than getting right back into things. I know most of you all completely dismiss 95% of what I say as shtick but most of what I say about myself and my stories were legit. I don't know what kind of mad man would take that kind of time to make up stories and follow up. I mean I have always had a legitimate social life. I ended up here because of my father. He used FBG's. I popped into the forums one day which I remember were dominated by Otistalk and figured I could spice things up.

Anyhow, Life is good right now. I'm In Boston doing well, haven't used anything in months. Doing my thing. Psyched I'm single because I'm gonna hit everything I can out here. Heroin is a great preservative and I shouldn't have any trouble getting in with the post college chick crowd (girls my age just look WAY too old to me). Don't hate....It's gonna be a good run. I can tell you that much. Options are opening up everyday. I have good job offers in a number of states right now. I'm just gonna take it slow, make small money, put some weight on and put my life back together. Looking forward to the challenge honestly. No BS. :mellow:

Oh I start work tomorrow. Unlock my ####### team so I can make some moves and I'll kick my fee's in within a couple weeks.

He is done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. It looks like Otis might be out of the woods.
You *******. I picked up Stop the Carnival by Herman Wouk from the library last week and I blame you for subliminally planting the name Norman Paperman in my head. This book is complete garbage. Finless could have written a better novel with his Colorado stories. I only suffered through the first chapter. I tried the pick a page method but every one was the complete suck.

Arid Filch said:
So, no more rugs from Tangiers?
I had to pull out of there all together. Lost my visa. Things are a bit messed up right now.
I'm days away from buying a 10 acre island off the coast of Belize. It's listed at 160K but after tenuous negotiation it appears closing price will be closer to 100. If you're seriously interested send me a PM, 10K will buy you a partnership. I can almost guarantee that you will be able to straighten out all your problems on this island.
I'm straightening out my problems. I currently have an invite to a lake down in Central America and one to Nantes, France. My money is short. I literally burned through over $200K in the last 2-3 years on drugs. People like me don't usually make it out once. I have a second chance and I'm not looking back. I was sticking needles in my neck. No joke. Not something I'm proud of but that's where I end up if I don't stay on the beam. I had that #### in remission for a decade and I will do it again. I honestly feel as good now as I ever have in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread