What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

DeAndre Hopkins caught 10-of-12 targets for 103 yards and a touchdown in Week 7 against the Seahawks.

He also lost a fumble in the first half. The touchdown was just the third of the season for Hopkins. This was a mini-breakout after Hopkins was held under 75 yards in two of last three weeks. Hopkins has barely practiced due to an ankle injury but he's looked healthy when on the field. He'll have the Cardinals' bye to rest up.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:47 AM ET

DeAndre Hopkins missed Wednesday's practice with an illness.

It likely is not something to be alarmed with, but a missed practice for the team's No. 1 receiver is notable. Stephon Gilmore suggested he will shadow Hopkins in Week 12.

Nov 25, 2020, 6:52 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 5-of-7 targets for 55 yards in the Cardinals' Week 12 loss to the Patriots. 

Given a heavy dose of Stephon Gilmore, Hopkins was held below 60 yards for the third time in four games. Kyler Murray's shoulder injury probably didn't help matters, as the quarterback was much less aggressive than usual, too often back pedaling vs. the rush. Things are not going to get any easier for the Cardinals' slumping WR1 in Week 13, where Jalen Ramsey and the Rams will pay a visit to the desert. The sides have yet to square off this season.  

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
If not for the “hail Murray” play 3 weeks ago we’d be looking at very pedestrian WR3 type numbers 4 weeks in a row for Hop. 

Should we expect more of the same? Has he lost a step? Is Murray’s injury holding him back?

I personally think this offense isn’t good for him to produce big numbers, especially TDs. Very much like Buffalo where the QB siphons everything in the red zone. 

What are some others people’s thoughts for the rest of this year and 2021?

If not for the “hail Murray” play 3 weeks ago we’d be looking at very pedestrian WR3 type numbers 4 weeks in a row for Hop. 

Should we expect more of the same? Has he lost a step? Is Murray’s injury holding him back?

I personally think this offense isn’t good for him to produce big numbers, especially TDs. Very much like Buffalo where the QB siphons everything in the red zone. 

What are some others people’s thoughts for the rest of this year and 2021?
Hop is still getting targets and yards receiving.  Currently he's ranked 4th in both categories.  He and Diggs (110 targets, 945yds, 4TDs) have similar stat lines and are, in my eyes, in similar situations.  Both have a QB who can run and get into the end zone.  That will limit the red zone opportunities for each.  Interestingly, both QBs (Murray and Allen) have progressed exceptionally well in passing this year and I would expect them to rely more on their arm instead of their legs moving forward.

Nearly 1 rushing TD per game for Murray doesn't seem sustainable, but that's not the biggest issue IMO. Getting a very Julio vibe where they use him plenty between the 20's but then can't figure out how to use him effectively in the red zone.

Rotoworld:

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said DeAndre Hopkins (neck, back) was a "full go" at Friday's practice. 

Kingsbury said Hopkins was held out of Thursday's practice with soreness. A return to practice Friday means Hopkins will likely play this week against the Giants. A monster 29 percent target share makes Hopkins a weekly WR1 even if it's been slow going of late. 

SOURCE: Kevin Zimmerman on Twitter 

Dec 11, 2020, 3:13 PM ET

Monday: everything’s good for my playoff week except maybe Samuel (C) 

Thursday: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson downgrades, no word on Samuel.  :unsure:

today: :pickle:
I won my first 10 games but have lost my last 3 basically because Hopkins and Murray have cooled.   Hope they heat back up

I won my first 10 games but have lost my last 3 basically because Hopkins and Murray have cooled.   Hope they heat back up
I too have Murray and Hopkins. Without the “Hail Murray” they would have lost 5 in a row. They play a stingy Giants defense that held Wilson in check. Hopkins will be in my a lineup as the other two I have are Tee Higgens (Q) and TY, who is not lately but can burn you too. 
I’m considering Herbert versus ATL and benching Murray.

Thoughts? 

I too have Murray and Hopkins. Without the “Hail Murray” they would have lost 5 in a row. They play a stingy Giants defense that held Wilson in check. Hopkins will be in my a lineup as the other two I have are Tee Higgens (Q) and TY, who is not lately but can burn you too. 
I’m considering Herbert versus ATL and benching Murray.

Thoughts? 
If I had Herbert I would play him.  But don't be upset if Murray blows up.  Hes kinda due for a good game dont care who he's playing

DeAndre Hopkins caught 9-of-11 targets for 169 yards and one score in Arizona's Week 15 win over the Eagles.

Hopkins actually opened the game with a fumble from inside the 10-yard line, but made up for it later by hauling in the go-ahead 20-yard touchdown from Kyler Murray with 7:24 remaining in the fourth quarter. You would've thought Hopkins' gloves were laced with superglue based on the catches he was hauling in, constantly being asked to come down with 50-50 balls in tight and, at times, double coverage only to win nearly every battle. The next closest on the team in targets was TE Dan Arnold with five. With 35 targets over his last three games, Hopkins is inevitably closing out the year the exact way he started it: as a matchup-proof top-five option.

- Rotoworld

He's OK. All he'll ever be...

Mediocre size, mediocre speed, mediocre hands, mediocre ceiling.

ETA: Mediocre situation

Had a chance to get him in a couple rookie drafts and passed. Don't hate him, but he doesn't stack up with the NFL's elite physically. Just average speed and only a 9'7" broad jump. He has really good hands and he's a pretty good route runner, so I think he'll be a solid #2 or #1B target, but I don't know if he's got that extra something to become a #1. I never quite got the "wow" factor from his game cuts.

Went to see how old this thread was just to see how long nuke's been doing it.  Ran across the above posts too, pretty funny.

With all he's done for so long now, I can't remember a more perennially underrated player.  Although most FF'ers are/were aware, it still seems he never got his due -- at least not like the biggest names in the sport did anyway.  Hell, even Houston was willing to move on; amazing.

DeAndre Hopkins missed Wednesday's practice with a hip injury.

Hopkins left Week 16's game against the 49ers with a midsection injury, and we assume that has now been designated a hip issue. Hopkins previously dealt with a neck and back issue. In a pivotal Week 17 game against the Rams, it would be a stunner if Hopkins is not on the field.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:19 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught just 4-of-10 targets for 35 yards in the Cardinals' Week 17 loss to the Rams.

He was draped in Jalen Ramsey's coverage all afternoon and had to catch passes from backup Chris Streveler for the majority of the game after Kyler Murray hurt his ankle. Hopkins wraps up his first season in Arizona with 115 catches for 1,407 yards and six scores. The 160 targets were right in line with his Houston days, but the touchdown numbers were a bit lacking. Hopkins was still an every-week WR1 based on volume alone. He turns 29 next summer, but having Murray on his side will keep Hopkins in the WR1 mix for 2021.

- Rotoworld

These non vaccinated players are going to go through hell this year compared to their vaccinated teammates. I hope we get non-vaccinated list at some point before the season, no doubt these players will drop on my draft board, including D Hop. 

Worldwide, more than 10,000 people have caught Covid and died (not to mention how many more have suffered apparently permanent brain and/or physical injuries) for every one who has suffered any life threatening effects from getting vaccinated. Choosing between is just natural selection at work. 

Beasley is one thing, but losing Nuk would cripple both the Cardinals and Murray's value, although it could be a small plus for Kirk, AJG and possibly Isabella.

Worldwide, more than 10,000 people have caught Covid and died (not to mention how many more have suffered apparently permanent brain and/or physical injuries) for every one who has suffered any life threatening effects from getting vaccinated. Choosing between is just natural selection at work. 

Beasley is one thing, but losing Nuk would cripple both the Cardinals and Murray's value, although it could be a small plus for Kirk, AJG and possibly Isabella.
I couldn't agree more.

Has there been any news on him?

seems like he hasn’t practiced since the end of July. Questionable “Undisclosed” is all I’ve seen 

DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) is not practicing Wednesday.

Hopkins played through a myriad of minor injuries last year and was frequently held out of practice early in the week so it's not time to panic just yet. Through two weeks, Hopkins has just 10 catches for 137 yards. However, he's buoyed his middling receiving stats with a trio of touchdowns. Currently third on his team in targets, Hopkins is in a tremendous spot versus the lowly Jaguars this week. Even if he doesn't dominate Arizona's targets to the extent he did last year, an improved Kyler Murray will keep Hopkins inside the top five receivers every week until further notice. 

Sep 22, 2021, 4:52 PM ET

From Dr. Morse of fantasy doctors… https://youtu.be/QoO3ELo7Xzc
I’m not sure why this guy bothers me every time someone posts his links. 

”Smash that like button!”

Videos filled with advertising their own stuff and other peoples stuff for about 3 minutes of a 3:30 minute video where he has 20 seconds of actual content.

His camera is crooked and goes in and out of focus.

I’m sure the content is great when you can filter through it, but this is the third time in a row I’ve watched him trying to get something from it and just walked away feeling uninspired.

Videos filled with advertising their own stuff and other peoples stuff for about 3 minutes of a 3:30 minute video where he has 20 seconds of actual content.

I’m sure the content is great when you can filter through it, but this is the third time in a row I’ve watched him trying to get something from it and just walked away feeling uninspired.
Because he’s a used car salesman with a punchable face that sells fear?

Because he’s a used car salesman with a punchable face that sells fear?
Lol.

I typed out a line about “punchable face” in my post and then deleted it, because I’m a straight keeled nice guy… but… it’s sort of true. 

I like everyone and give everyone a chance. My wife always says “if you don’t like someone… there’s something wrong with them.” 

So dont click on it. I dont think your missing anything.

Consensus says he is the iron man of the WR position and tends to push through these injuries, more risk, but I believe it tends to still be good output. I don't think he is a decoy. Ribs do make it a pain tolerance issue. Maybe he doesn't extend fully for those grabs but, I gotta think Kyler is good at ball placement and can deliver those right to him, he can do better than last week. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) is likely to play in Week 3 against the Jaguars.

Schefter's source said that they are "pretty confident he will play, but not 100 (percent he will)." Hopkins has played through injuries before and typically looks like himself. It's possible that he plays a reduced role in order to manage his workload but fantasy managers can still confidently start Hopkins unless something changes between now and kickoff. The Cardinals offense has posted 36 points per game through two weeks. Even a downtick in targets for Hopkins would still leave the stud receiver at the WR1/2 borderline. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 26, 2021, 8:34 AM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 3-of-6 targets for 21 yards in the Cardinals' Week 3 win over the Jaguars.

Hopkins was playing through sore ribs, and his six targets were tied for second on the team, but A.J. Green (5-112) and Christian Kirk (7-104) both had bigger afternoons. Hopkins has yet to go over 100 yards this season and snapped his two-game touchdown streak in this one after scoring three times Weeks 1-2. Hopkins will be a WR1 next week against the Rams, assuming he didn't suffer any setbacks with his ribs.

Well, that really sucked. My team really bottomed out this week 

now I’m concerned he isn’t a target leader anymore and it’s just like the bills 

We worried here at all? Injury the same but man, Hopkins too, just feel like benching.

got him in a package that sent away Diggs- feeling dumb now 

We worried here at all? Injury the same but man, Hopkins too, just feel like benching.

got him in a package that sent away Diggs- feeling dumb now 
Last year he was targeted at a higher level in divisional games.  Let’s see how this week plays out against the Rams. 

He's still injured and playing through it while helping the real football team, better days ahead, once he heals(not a doctor, but rib injury is a pain tolerance issue and it takes weeks to heal, but you can play through them). Also last week, they still targeted him 6 times in a game they didn't need to do much to beat Jacksonville so that was encouraging. I think he will progress and do better unless in game he suffers a setback so there is added risk. 

This week it's all been DNP so far (since Wed), but I don't have the cajones to bench him, he'll start for me.  I'm hoping the more competitive matchup makes it necessary that they need him. But I'm also not expecting him to blow up. 

At worst, in the short term he'll be slowed and underperform his ROS rank. I think long term he'll be fine ROS. 

Diggs and Hopkins are super close in ROS ranks so if you look at it 'week to week'(mentally unhealthy/torture), just know it'll be like flipping a coin instead. I would just side w/ Hopkins side of coin though since I believe Kyler is better than Allen slightly.

TLDR: I would say don't feel dumb about that WR aspect of the trade yet, those 2 WRs are kinda the same right now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread