What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madden 25 and Sunday Ticket...smokin' good deal? (1 Viewer)

the next level

Footballguy
This fantasy diehard has always had Sunday Ticket. Last year I dumped DirecTV and streamed the Ticket through my PS3. Worked fine, only the occasional minor glitch (usually because my daughter is competing for bandwidth watching cartoons on Netflix).

So now comes news that for $99 I can purchase Madden 25 and get a full season of the Ticket through a computer or tablet. I have used HDMI-out off my computer in the past to display computer streaming on my living room TV and it looks great/works fine. So this seems like a phenomenal good deal compared to the $400 I've been shelling out for years.

My only fear is that I will buy this thing only to learn I have to do a trial activiation of Directv in order to get the Ticket working. I don't see that part of the "deal" actually spelled out anywhere, but I sure don't want that hassle.

Meanwhile Microsoft announces some major deal with Xbox for interactive viewing of Sunday games that is intended to target fantasy gamers....and yet they were very short on specifics about what exactly that means. No mention of being able to get the Ticket through the Xbox. They haven't had that in the past, but I would think a $400 million dollar deal would include just such an option.

Opinions?

Hrm, sounds perfect for me. My biggest complaint is not being able to see enough games.

Would it be legal for me to record these games for personal purposes?

I did a quick search after seeing this post and found this on the Amazon listing.

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Anniversary-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B00CF7KVGE/ref=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369418757&sr=8-2&keywords=madden+25

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

• For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of
NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
[*]For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
[*]For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

• For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of
NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
[*]For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
[*]For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
Yeah... going to need clarification on that. I have had DirecTV in the past but dropped them for FiOS. Streaming the games would be great but if they try to tell me I have to re-up then it's a no go.

Sounds like an amazing deal if it's how I understand it. $100 for the game and a full regular season of Sunday Ticket on my computers or phone. Could multiple games be streamed at once (via 2+ computers)?

• There's been a bit of confusion as to what all this means. Yes, DirecTV is doing the deal because it hopes football fans might ditch their cable provider and sign up with them. But even if you live in an area with DirecTV access, and choose not to subscribe, you may still use the code to watch Sunday Ticket games on your computer, tablet or other mobile device. You don't have to subscribe to DirectTV. (Update: You cannot use the code to access Sunday Ticket through the PS3's app. Lots of folks wondered about that one. Sorry.)

That comes from Anthony Stevenson, Madden's director of marketing, clearing up some confusion from the official announcement yesterday. "With this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber," he said today via Twitter. "You can access Sunday Ticket digitally.
    Thanks CraigMiami, the most valuable piece of info from the other thread was this quote. That's it, I'm sold.

I bought an extra copy for my little brother who will be going away to college this fall. He plays Madden quite a bit, but being Cowboys fans is rough on the west coast without the ticket so he's going to be stoked. Has anyone used the mobile ticket app before, if so can you use it on more than one device at a time? Wondering if I can stream a few games on various PCs, tablets and laptops...

Sounds like an amazing deal if it's how I understand it. $100 for the game and a full regular season of Sunday Ticket on my computers or phone. Could multiple games be streamed at once (via 2+ computers)?
Not sure but you could watch up to 4 games on one computer, Including redzone.

Deal sounds almost too good to be true. Even though I've been disappointed with Madden, I'd get this just for ticket on the computer. I had it last year and it was awesome. Can pause the games, or start watching from the beginning even after the game has started. It was nice not having to be stuck in front of the tv for for 6 straight hours. Though I'd usually end up stuck in front of it for a few straight days watching as many games as I could :P

[*]For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

I hate how they phrase that. A 17 week trial just seems odd. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist though...

The only downside to this deal is that it will suck not to have it in 2014.

[*]For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

I hate how they phrase that. A 17 week trial just seems odd. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist though...
It's just like the dealer giving out samples to get people hooked. Oh well, at least it will be a fun ride.

Anyone have any idea how the $10 for dTV will work? Will that stack on top of their other promotions? Because $10 off a month if it wipes out the $25-30 a month first year credits dTV is currently offering would suck. If it stacks on top of that, then it's an awesome deal.

Hmm...I was all set on not legal streaming this year, and I dont even have a PS3/Xbox at the moment, but this sounds too good to pass up.

It just doesn't cover the preseason or playoffs.

Any ideas if AirPlay works for the app? Ordered it anyway, but really hope I can stream to the TV from the iPad. If not I'll pick up a chromecast and do it that way from my PC

Any ideas if AirPlay works for the app? Ordered it anyway, but really hope I can stream to the TV from the iPad. If not I'll pick up a chromecast and do it that way from my PC
With airplay you can stream from your computer or ipad. Should work. I plan to use airplay via my computer.

PinkydaPimp said:
valence said:
With airplay you can stream from your computer or ipad. Should work. I plan to use airplay via my computer.
Sent them an email and here's the response I got

Thank you for writing back. I understand you would like to confirm if the NFL SUNDAY TICKET mobile app supports AirPlay, and I know how important it is for you.As we have previously communicated, we currently have no information as of the moment if the said app supports AirPlay; however, we have already forwarded your email to DIRECTV Management, so that they can have a record of your request. While we cannot follow up individually with every customer, rest assured your voice is being heard and many of the changes we make are a direct result of the comments and suggestions we receive from our customers.
How can they not know if their own app supports it? ridiculous.

PinkydaPimp said:
valence said:

Thank you for writing back. I understand you would like to confirm if the NFL SUNDAY TICKET mobile app supports AirPlay, and I know how important it is for you.As we have previously communicated, we currently have no information as of the moment if the said app supports AirPlay; however, we have already forwarded your email to DIRECTV Management, so that they can have a record of your request. While we cannot follow up individually with every customer, rest assured your voice is being heard and many of the changes we make are a direct result of the comments and suggestions we receive from our customers.
Ill just mirror to the Apple TV if it doesn't support airplay. There's always workarounds.

PinkydaPimp said:
valence said:

Because that is more an apple question than an amazon question. They don't want to get involved in supporting it. I wouldnt sweat it. There will be a way to do it pretty easily

No... It's a direct tv app and it's there issue not amazons or apples. Any app can have airplay enabled, it's up to the developer of the app.

The DTV app for iPhone blocked airplay mirroing last year, I doubt they will change that for this years app or the iPad app.

I'm planning to output it via HDMI from my tablet, is that going to work?
Not sure, I know that certain apps can also block video out via HDMI when connecting via iPad. The only guaranteed method would be to use the web browser app and connect via HDMI or Airplay mirroring.

Just got this e-mail from Amazon, the last paragraph really, really concerns me....

Your order of Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition is on its way! With the NFL regular season kicking off September 8, we want to be sure you're informed on how to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on your computers, tablets, and smartphones.

Inside each Anniversary Edition case is an insert that looks like the picture to the right (front/back). Don't throw this away! This is your only ticket to watch NFL games every Sunday.

To watch via a PC/Mac browser, go to directv.com/EASpecial, click "Start Watching," and enter the username and password provided. Note: Both the username and password are case sensitive. Please enter these exactly as printed on your insert.

To watch via tablet or mobile device, download the NFL Sunday Ticket app for iOS or Android (compatible devices here). Launch the app and enter the username and password provided. Note: Both the username and password are case sensitive. Please enter these exactly as printed on your insert.

If you have questions about logging in, accessing video streams, technical issues, or any other questions about NFL Sunday Ticket, please contact DirecTV directly at 1-888-318-7580. Amazon Customer Service will be unable to assist with any NFL Sunday Ticket related questions.

Just got this e-mail from Amazon, the last paragraph really, really concerns me....

If you have questions about logging in, accessing video streams, technical issues, or any other questions about NFL Sunday Ticket, please contact DirecTV directly at 1-888-318-7580. Amazon Customer Service will be unable to assist with any NFL Sunday Ticket related questions.
Why does that last paragraph concern you, here is a pic of what the insert looks like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcdtnnk03uh27w7/900x900px-LL-17bb7c73_image.jpeg

You can also change the login and passowrd to something more personal once you login using the credentials sent in the game.

lol at the hundreds on 'no sunday ticket' copies on ebay
Ya, there were only about 6-7 listings yesterday. It seems to have quardupled today. I was lucky enought to sell my copy on eBay last week for $80.

cstu said:
ahartig said:
BroadwayG said:
lol at the hundreds on 'no sunday ticket' copies on ebay
Ya, there were only about 6-7 listings yesterday. It seems to have quardupled today. I was lucky enought to sell my copy on eBay last week for $80.
At this point I'll just wait until the rush is over. Or take the lousy $26 Amazon is offering.
Sold for $50.00 on ebay this AM in about 30 minutes. :shrug:

You shouldn't have much issue selling it quickly if you throw on today or 2mrw while the initial excitement for the game is there. (You're still giving them a $10-15+ discount on price + gas)

All you have to do here is enter the code on the insert. You don't need to call D-TV at all. Just signed into it successfully this morning.

Got mine the other day. Cannot wait to see how this works. Does anyone know if you can watch multiple games on a split screen at once?

If I have an HDMI cable running from my computer to my TV, what kind of quality will the picture be on my 55" LED tv? If it looks like crap, I won't get it

Chickenwang said:
If I have an HDMI cable running from my computer to my TV, what kind of quality will the picture be on my 55" LED tv? If it looks like crap, I won't get it
If its the same as normal Sunday Ticket on the computer you shouldn't have any issue with a good internet connection. You might get a touch grainy from time to time but shouldnt be any worse really than pulling down OTA from the local Fox/ABC/CBS stations.

I thought I read that to get this you have to be in an area/location where DirectTV does not provide service. So all you have to do is buy the game and you are good to go? No small fine print?

I thought I read that to get this you have to be in an area/location where DirectTV does not provide service. So all you have to do is buy the game and you are good to go? No small fine print?
There's no limitations like that. You can either go to the website or download the app on your tablet or computer.

Users who are viewing this thread