What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football/Fantasy Football MAGAZINES?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

spider321

Footballguy
I'm old school.... enjoy reading them while on the john.

When do they start appearing on the shelves?!?!

Why do you need magazines when you have the internet, and a phone to use while u sit on the pot. Its what I do. Works better, old school or not, mags are out dated.

Why do you need magazines when you have the internet, and a phone to use while u sit on the pot. Its what I do. Works better, old school or not, mags are out dated.
I still enjoy them, despite modern advances. I take my iPad and a few mags in the John with me now, not just one or the other.

I still love Fantasy Football Index because you get all of last year's stats on one page so you can review targets, run/pass balance, overall offense, etc. Then you can use your mind to figure out how rookies, free agency, coaching changes, etc. will have an impact on this year.

Here's the link so you can order for deliver to your door in July:

https://store.fantasyindex.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring on the summer reading!

Reading the fantasy mags are a great way to get inside the mindset of some of your casual friends before draft day. If there are a few guys that are labeled as "sleepers" or "breakout players" by multiple mags, expect him to go ahead of AvgDP

Also good to have mags to leave out on draft day for the woefully unprepared owner to consult

After the season is over it can be fun to read them again and see how everyones predictions panned out. One guy had the Balt 49er SB pick in the diehards mag

Bring on the summer reading!Reading the fantasy mags are a great way to get inside the mindset of some of your casual friends before draft day. If there are a few guys that are labeled as "sleepers" or "breakout players" by multiple mags, expect him to go ahead of AvgDPAlso good to have mags to leave out on draft day for the woefully unprepared owner to consultAfter the season is over it can be fun to read them again and see how everyones predictions panned out. One guy had the Balt 49er SB pick in the diehards mag
Really agree with all this! I also look forward to having the printed pages in my hand so I can compare "sleepers" and "players to avoid" between the different magazines. And more than that, the arrival of FF mags signifies that we are one step closer to Football season and that's exciting. For me anyway..........

Bring on the summer reading!Reading the fantasy mags are a great way to get inside the mindset of some of your casual friends before draft day. If there are a few guys that are labeled as "sleepers" or "breakout players" by multiple mags, expect him to go ahead of AvgDPAlso good to have mags to leave out on draft day for the woefully unprepared owner to consultAfter the season is over it can be fun to read them again and see how everyones predictions panned out. One guy had the Balt 49er SB pick in the diehards mag
Really agree with all this! I also look forward to having the printed pages in my hand so I can compare "sleepers" and "players to avoid" between the different magazines. And more than that, the arrival of FF mags signifies that we are one step closer to Football season and that's exciting. For me anyway..........
That last part...... yeah.

I still love Fantasy Football Index because you get all of last year's stats on one page so you can review targets, run/pass balance, overall offense, etc. Then you can use your mind to figure out how rookies, free agency, coaching changes, etc. will have an impact on this year.

Here's the link so you can order for deliver to your door in July:

https://store.fantasyindex.com/
The Fantasy Football Index back pages cannot be beat (by competing magazine or internet format). Nothing is more annoying than try to get a bunch of stats up for comparison and having to constantly click "back" or resorting on the innernets and waiting for it to load. That is one area where paper (as long as the data is comprehensive) can't be beat.

ETA: There are a couple already out, but the better ones tend to come out in the next couple of weeks (usually just after Father's Day).

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the first FF Magazine on a magazine rack yesterday!

I love the smell of printed paper in the morning :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread