What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

OK I still dont understand why Trion was so scared of Prince Orberon. Couldnt he just tell his daddy what the prince was up to and have him executed?

OK I still dont understand why Trion was so scared of Prince Orberon. Couldnt he just tell his daddy what the prince was up to and have him executed?
I don't think Tyrion was scared for his life or anything...he was expecting an old, decrepit Doran Martell, not badass warrior Oberyn (who just so happens to be hell bent on exacting revenge against Gregor Clegane and Tywin).

He'd be declaring war on the south if he did that same way Joffrey did when he beheaded ned

I know you anti-book Nazis will probably get your panties in a bunch and scream to the high heavens that any backstory from the books is hated and that you all need to be blank slates in regards to it.....but I don't think they did a good job in actually describing Dorne and Dorne's relationship to the other kingdoms of Westeros.

Obviously Orberon is a hot head and could do lots of things to start a new front in the war. Clearly the the Doornes had ties to the Targeryeons. Last thing the Lannisterd need is to start another front now that Robb is gone and Stannis is the only enemy they have in open rebellion. I guess the Greyjoys are too but they don't seem a threat to overthrow or conquer the whole kingdom like Stannis.

I know you anti-book Nazis will probably get your panties in a bunch and scream to the high heavens that any backstory from the books is hated and that you all need to be blank slates in regards to it.....but I don't think they did a good job in actually describing Dorne and Dorne's relationship to the other kingdoms of Westeros.
We don't care because we don't know any differently. Now go away

Why cant you people understand, there are many of us that ONLY know the story by whats on TV?

He'd be declaring war on the south if he did that same way Joffrey did when he beheaded ned
Plus that would put Marcella's life in danger (she's in Dorne for "safe keeping"). That was Tyrion's doing.
OK who is Marcella? :bag:
Click then click again:

http://www.chartgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/game-of-thrones-family-tree.jpg

not sure I follow... they murdered his nephews he wants revenge but was invited to the wedding

You guys all need to watch season 2 again because a lot of last night involved things that happened then and hasn't been mentioned again.

Plus that would put Marcella's life in danger (she's in Dorne for "safe keeping"). That was Tyrion's doing.
If you don't pay attention to what you watCh you should move on to a different show.

Click then click again:

http://www.chartgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/game-of-thrones-family-tree.jpg
Awesome!

You guys all need to watch season 2 again because a lot of last night involved things that happened then and hasn't been mentioned again.
Yeah the show is very hard to follow with one viewing

If you don't pay attention to what you watCh you should move on to a different show.
looking at the chart her name is Myrcella and she is Cersei's daughter and shes had like 5 minutes of screen time. Calm down nerd.

Click then click again:

Loras (Sword Swallower) :lol:

Nice link btw.

Click then click again:

Loras (Sword Swallower) :lol:

Nice link btw.
It's helped me a ton keeping track of things.

looking at the chart her name is Myrcella and she is Cersei's daughter and shes had like 5 minutes of screen time. Calm down nerd.
Her and Tommen are very easy to lose track of going just by the show. Sending her to Dorne was a big part of an episode in S2 (as mentioned). Tyrion used this move as a way to flush out Cersei's "spy" (turned out to be Pycell) when Tyrion was floating out different rumors of where he would send Myrcella. Remember he told different stories to Pycell, Little Finger and Varys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant you people understand, there are many of us that ONLY know the story by whats on TV?
You ask, Chief.

Her and Tommen are very easy to lose track of going just by the show. Sending her to Dorne was a big part of an episode in S2 (as mentioned). Tyrion used this move as a way to flush out Cersei's "spy" (turned out to be Pycell) when Tyrion was floating out different rumors of where he would send Myrcella. Remember he told different stories to Pycell, Little Finger and Varys.
Yep I remember that episode now but forgot her name and forgot where she was sent. Thanks for the clarification

All of this aired last night:

1) Tyrion was not expecting Prince Oberyn at the wedding

2) Oberyn's nickname is "Red Viper"

3) Oberyn had a monologue about Gregor Clegane raping and murdering his sister, and her two infant children

4) Oberyn has been in the city for just a day and already got into an altercation with a Lannister dude (stabbed in wrist)

now you tell me why Tyrion might be nervous about this guy attending Joffrey's wedding...

All of this aired last night:

1) Tyrion was not expecting Prince Oberyn at the wedding

2) Oberyn's nickname is "Red Viper"

3) Oberyn had a monologue about Gregor Clegane raping and murdering his sister, and her two infant children

4) Oberyn has been in the city for just a day and already got into an altercation with a Lannister dude (stabbed in wrist)

now you tell me why Tyrion might be nervous about this guy attending Joffrey's wedding...
lol did you ignore the 2nd part of my post?

Yep I remember that episode now but forgot her name and forgot where she was sent. Thanks for the clarification
No, you have to stop watching the show now because you forgot about a MAJOR character. Sorry, move along.

No, you have to stop watching the show now because you forgot about a MAJOR character. Sorry, move along.
Myrcella Lannister is a MAJOR character? Really? GTFO

Myrcella Lannister is a MAJOR character? Really? GTFO
I said move along, sir. Don't make me get the book nerds after you.

not sure I follow... they murdered his nephews he wants revenge but was invited to the wedding
His older brother was invited but he sent Oberlin in his stead.
It's still the family's nephews.
Yes, but it takes a special kind of person to attempt revenge in this situation. Obviously Oberlin is a hothead and skilled killer, while it's implied that his brother is not. Tyrion got very nervous as soon as he heard the younger one was attending instead.

It's still the family's nephews.
Yes, but it takes a special kind of person to attempt revenge in this situation. Obviously Oberlin is a hothead and skilled killer, while it's implied that his brother is not. Tyrion got very nervous as soon as he heard the younger one was attending instead.
woah, woah Woah!........we know he's a hothead.....but they haven't said he's a killer.

Why did the Dog (burn face) keep ordering beer and chicken if he didn't have any money?

Why would Obregon let his wife sleep with a hooker? Don't they love each other?

Jamie's hand looks totally fake. He's not going to fool anybody with that.

And speaking of Jamie...did anybody else sense that there was something creepy going on between Jamie and Searsy? That would be gross.

Why did that bald dude ask if anyone wanted to eat some crow when that was clearly a loin or hamhock on the spit?

What do those Mexican slaves keep calling Dany? I can't understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the Dog (burn face) keep ordering beer and chicken if he didn't have any money?

Why would Obregon let his wife sleep with a hooker? Don't they love each other?

Jamie's hand looks totally fake. He's not going to fool anybody with that.

And speaking of Jamie...did anybody else sense that there was something creepy going on between Jamie and Searsy? That would be gross.

Why did that bald dude ask if anyone wanted to eat some crow when that was clearly a loin or hamhock on the spit?

What do those Mexican slaves keep calling Dany? I can't understand it.
:lmao:

I really don't find the show that hard to follow. Not sure why some are struggling so much. Yeah there's a lot of characters but come on.

Mycaella going to dorne was a big deal. There were several pretty key scenes devoted to it (tyrion breaking it to cersei, tyrion telling the 3 different people to try to root out the spy, the scene where she actually leaves follows by the riot)

I dont think the show itself is hard to follow, but keeping up with the names is impossible. In context, the name Mycaella, makes sense, but just hearing that name out of the blue, I would have no idea who she is

I don't think Tyrion was scared for his life or anything...t on exacting revenge against Gregor Clegane and Tywin).
Tyrion fears Oberyn for what he could do. In the scene when he is explaining why he is there Oberyn puts his hand on Tyrion's chin and lifts it saying "I'm asking you a question." Tyrion calmly, with a steady look, moves the hand off of him. He knows Oberyn won't harm him. He has bigger fish to fry ... literally.

you ask questions that might require a little back knowledge and invite it a little. I do wonder if you are watching the show though.

I don't think Tyrion was scared for his life or anything...t on exacting revenge against Gregor Clegane and Tywin).
Tyrion fears Oberyn for what he could do. In the scene when he is explaining why he is there Oberyn puts his hand on Tyrion's chin and lifts it saying "I'm asking you a question." Tyrion calmly, with a steady look, moves the hand off of him. He knows Oberyn won't harm him. He has bigger fish to fry ... literally.
he is actually going to catch and fry a fish?

i understand that... i see now shady was basically saying why not just get rid of him but like others have mentioned that would cause problems.I totally forgot about the sister as its been 2 years :)

i understand that... i see now shady was basically saying why not just get rid of him but like others have mentioned that would cause problems.I totally forgot about the sister as its been 2 years :)
also, I don't think tyrion is in the mood to talk to daddy about much. I think some of his reaction is shame- I think he has grown tired of the monstrous things the family does.

he is actually going to catch and fry a fish?
The literally applies to the bigger part, maybe I should have said a bigger lion.

I've noticed that with all the different storylines happening that when I watch an hour long episode I'm often left feeling like barely anything happened.

I think I'll enjoy the show more if I dvr 3 or 4 episodes and then binge-watch.

Thank YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread