What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

I can't see Brienne being on board with going to the Iron Islands with Sansa.

Most likely they head to Castle Black just like Theon said to Sansa.

Outside chance that they head to one of the North strongholds known to be loyal to the Starks. Not sure who that would be. Only one we really know about is the Karstarks and their loyalty is likely questionable. Maybe wherever Mormont was from?

Very small outside trying to think of alternatives chance of Brienne heading home to the Emerald Isle. Most likely just because of distance and the amount of unfriendly territory that would have to be crossed to get there. Plus, I think they basically inferred that their house is a lesser one. Not exactly a place that could not be overrun if found out Sansa is there. Safest place for Sansa is in the North where people know her and have love and loyalty to her family.
Be cool if Blackfish somehow managed to join with Sansa.

To the rest of the North, Sansa is the last surviving Stark.  Last season, they've hinted around and about that a number of the Northern Houses only supported a Stark as Warden of the North.  Bolton in asmuch acknowledged it when he agreed to marry his son to her.  They'll go to a sympathetic House. 

I'm 99% sure the guy that said she had the power to turn into an old lady was joking.  And you guys ate it up.

I think John will stay dead just because it's become so obvious that he won't.  Seems well within GRRM's character to make a U-turn on the ending once everyone has figured it out.

Dude hops off his horse takes two steps and finds her ring in the middle of a field.  They are going all walking dead on some of this stuff.
This made way more sense than anything in TWD.  The horse tracks basically pointed to the exact spot where the ring was.

My wife made the same comment as they were riding around.  "Oh they're going to just find this tiny ring in the middle of the wilderness".  Then she saw the horse tracks circled around one small patch of untracked grass and she was like "oh, nicely done, TWD had messed with my expectations".

And lastly, good episode, so glad to have this show back.  I think people forget that this show is like 95% nothing happening and 5% OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED.  That's the recipe.

It also helps that "nothing happening" in this show is way more entertaining and well done then pretty much any other show on.

That guy that is turning into a rock man keeps switching the arm his infection is on.  One scene it is the left arm, another it is the right arm.

Dude hops off his horse takes two steps and finds her ring in the middle of a field.  They are going all walking dead on some of this stuff.
Yeah it was a bit hokey but you knew the instant Dany dropped her ring someone was going to find it. At least they had a targeted area created from the circle surrounding the spot she was standing.
When they first showed her drop the ring that was when I rolled my eyes about anyone ever finding it.

But I have to say, I thought the way they did it was fine. Had the big old circle from the horses tearing up the ground riding circles around her.  Not that huge of a patch of grass left in the middle that it was unreasonable an actual trained tracker like him looking in that area for signs of her couldn't find it.

When they first showed her drop the ring that was when I rolled my eyes about anyone ever finding it.

But I have to say, I thought the way they did it was fine. Had the big old circle from the horses tearing up the ground riding circles around her.  Not that huge of a patch of grass left in the middle that it was unreasonable an actual trained tracker like him looking in that area for signs of her couldn't find it.
It was reminiscent of Pippen dropping the elven brooch, which was stomped into the dirt before being found by Legolas.

It was reminiscent of Pippen dropping the elven brooch, which was stomped into the dirt before being found by Legolas.
I don't ever recall Pippen dropping a brooch.  He spend most of the first four seasons in Kings Landings and then this past season on the run?  Did he drop the brooch off The Wall when he went to pee off of it way back in  Season One?

Too many damn story lines at once:

Jon Snow/Wall

Ser Davos/Red Woman/Stannis

Arya

Dorne

Margaery 

Cersei/Jamie/Kings Landing

Bran

Tyrion

Daenerys/Mormont

Sansa/Brienne/Theon

Littlefinger

Iron Islands

Boltons

Wildings

In a 1-hour show, you are looking at about 5 minutes each - or you go episodes without advancing certain stories.  Even Martin had to break up the fourth book into two separate books covering the same time period.

Too many damn story lines at once:

Jon Snow/Wall

Ser Davos/Red Woman/Stannis

Arya

Dorne

Margaery 

Cersei/Jamie/Kings Landing

Bran

Tyrion

Daenerys/Mormont

Sansa/Brienne/Theon

Littlefinger

Iron Islands

Boltons

Wildings

In a 1-hour show, you are looking at about 5 minutes each - or you go episodes without advancing certain stories.  Even Martin had to break up the fourth book into two separate books covering the same time period.
I mean it's been that way since the beginning but it's never hurt the entertainment value. 

Season 1 had Ned, Rob, Robert Barratheon, Lannister drama, Arya drama, Sansa drama, momma stark drama, Bran drama, nights watch drama.  Still reading?  We also had Khaleesi, Khal Drogo, the beginnings of Stannis, and on and on. 

I mean it's been that way since the beginning but it's never hurt the entertainment value. 

Season 1 had Ned, Rob, Robert Barratheon, Lannister drama, Arya drama, Sansa drama, momma stark drama, Bran drama, nights watch drama.  Still reading?  We also had Khaleesi, Khal Drogo, the beginnings of Stannis, and on and on. 
Not really - season 1 was Winterfell/Daenerys, then Wall/Kings Landing/Daenerys

All of the characters were there, but they were concentrated in just a few areas, so they interacted with each other in a logical manner.   Now everyone is off on their own story arc.

I still like the show - just pointing out the obvious challenges when you have so many characters going off in different directions.  One assumes that they all come back together by the end...

Love this show but the Arya storyline has sucked since she stopped wandering the countryside with the Hound. Need some Little Finger plotting soon.
The many face God thing made sense when it seemed like she was training to become an assassin, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. I agree that it's confusing. 

Wtf, so the red witch has a new power to change the way she looks?  I wonder why it took so long to reveal her new power.
Y'all are all missing the point. Melisandre turned herself into Miracle Max.

Jon Snow = mostly dead.

Miracle Max brings Jon Snow back with his patented bellows technique.

Oh, and Hodor is Andre the Giant as a wight.

Booya.

1. Seeing a beautiful woman naked. 

2. Killing another Khal. 

3. Conquering a city and raping the women. 

4. Taming a wild horse. 

They never said what the fifth thing was...

the necklace can't have the power...She was naked in the tub (without necklace) looking as hot as ever back in season 2 I think.  maybe 3.
Maybe it doesn't. She might just have a ritual of, clothes, necklace, turn back to old lady for lonely bedtime sleep. Doesn't have to correlate with the necklace. 

Melisandre giving up years/life to give to Snow?

The chicks in Dorne are just too hot.

You just know the dire wolf is going to eat the new Lord Commander.  Hopefully Ollie too.

Wanted to see Cersei exact revenge on those religious folk.  Guess it's coming.  That priestess going to get cut in half by the Mountain.  A bloodbath is in order.

Users who are viewing this thread