What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (4 Viewers)

1.  Did the Wildling ever say where she was heading with Rickon?

2.  What do you think Littlefinger's reaction will be to what is going on at Winterfell?  He has to be one of the more powerful people running around, but haven't checked in with him for quite awhile.  He seems to want the power, but does he side with Ramsey to chase down Sansa so he have her back?

You aren't wrong, but their army at one point dwarfed all of the armies south of the wall. Mance said it was 100,000. I don't think all of the wildings were in that one bay and many were just fisherman/living there. Remember the huge army that Snow saw? I don't think they are all gone now, even with the attack on the wall or the white walkers. I would say it is still a sizable army. I'd have to go back and look at when Jon came to the wall and Thorne let them pass through. Maybe there are still other wildings they could let through now?

At this point, it would be interesting to know how many wildings are left and how it compares to the northern armies.
They definitely set it up so Jon could pick up some of the Northern houses that weren't happy with Ramsey (Not to mention those who would just prefer a Stark, even an illegitimate one, to the Boltons). I don't think Jon will have a problem amassing a substantial force by the time he gets to Winterfell. 

You aren't wrong, but their army at one point dwarfed all of the armies south of the wall. Mance said it was 100,000. I don't think all of the wildings were in that one bay and many were just fisherman/living there. Remember the huge army that Snow saw? I don't think they are all gone now, even with the attack on the wall or the white walkers. I would say it is still a sizable army. I'd have to go back and look at when Jon came to the wall and Thorne let them pass through. Maybe there are still other wildings they could let through now?

At this point, it would be interesting to know how many wildings are left and how it compares to the northern armies.
That was my thinking - how many are still north of the wall.  Plus, they had an idea how many of the Watch were at Castle Black.  They had a giant with them, so I would bet they just took enough with them to secure the place, and left a lot of Wildlings where they were south of the wall.  Plus time was ticking, so it's not like they would have had time to round up all of them. 

2.  What do you think Littlefinger's reaction will be to what is going on at Winterfell?  He has to be one of the more powerful people running around, but haven't checked in with him for quite awhile.  He seems to want the power, but does he side with Ramsey to chase down Sansa so he have her back?
Littlefinger went to see Cersei to get permission to take the Knights of the Eyrie to the North to get Sansa (and presumably come into conflict with the Boltons).   Happened last season.  

Not sure reunite is the right word.  I really hope they cross paths, and she helps take out somebody important.  Just because she has to let go of her list, doesn't mean she can't take out somebody on that list if she is asked to do so, or takes out somebody else - maybe Littlefinger?  Maybe she says something to them just before she disappears so they know it was her and she is OK - for example she helps out Jon and tells him to "stick them with the pointy end" (probably not remembering the line 100%). 

If she doesn't get back over to the action in Westeros, what is the point of her storyline?
I've been wondering this ever since she broke away from the Hound.  

Kinda dumb that the Thorne and his nights watch goons would just let that guy sneak out and go south of the wall to get the wildlings. You would think they would be watching that door to prevent escape.

When Theon's father was on the bridge and they showed the silhouette of a man across from him I thought that the person was Theon and was smacking my head thinking the writers were pulling a TWD moment of incredulousness.  So glad it was his brother.

Favorite part of the show was the giant swinging and crunching that archer against the wall.  Sure put a stop to any back talk.

The whole scene with Ramsey was very predictable, but it was so well done.  I'm glad they didn't dumb down his stepmother too much.  She was stupid about walking in the kennel, but she picked up on being Alpo pretty quickly.

Capella said:
Great show but could do without the dogs eating a day old baby. Just seems like a bit much. We know Ramsay is crazy already. 
That whole scene I was trying to figure out if the baby could fit through the posts in the gate and hoping she'd try and shove the baby back out through there. Sure, it'd probably just end up being a minor inconvenience, but you've got to give it shot. At least you'd annoy Ramsay for a couple more seconds before you're dog chow.

That whole scene I was trying to figure out if the baby could fit through the posts in the gate and hoping she'd try and shove the baby back out through there. Sure, it'd probably just end up being a minor inconvenience, but you've got to give it shot. At least you'd annoy Ramsay for a couple more seconds before you're dog chow.
The only thing that bothered me a bit was why she would even go in there. First, everyone and their mothers has to talk around town about how crazy Ramsay is and second, she has to know that is where his hounds are. I am betting she never saw Roose in there and I am betting she's heard about Ramsay in her more than a year with him.

When the Mountain returned there was this odd choice of a closeup of Cersei clasping her hands and revealing a ring. Found myself wondering for a moment if maybe it was an early glimpse of something, a ring that lets her control him like a warg or something and so it was really her smashing the drunk's head. Leaning towards not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that bothered me a bit was why she would even go in there. First, everyone and their mothers has to talk around town about how crazy Ramsay is and second, she has to know that is where his hounds are. I am betting she never saw Roose in there and I am betting she's heard about Ramsay in her more than a year with him.
She wasn't the sharpest quill in the jar.

She wasn't the sharpest quill in the jar.
Yeah, didn't bother me much, just a bit. It's gotta happen somehow, but the fact that the hounds ate her and the baby wasn't a big deal to me. I would just think anyone (if the dumbest) would never follow Ramsay into the hound cages.

This season seems very sloppy.  If the narrative was that Roose and family were poisoned, the less people who knew that not to be true was paramount.  Having a lady and a baby eaten by dogs is the surest way for everyone to know that isn't true.

This season seems very sloppy.  If the narrative was that Roose and family were poisoned, the less people who knew that not to be true was paramount.  Having a lady and a baby eaten by dogs is the surest way for everyone to know that isn't true.
Right, and you know Walter Frey will suspect foul play. Baby isn't going to eat table food, so poison doesn't really work. Also, people know who Ramsay is, so Murphy's law is that he killed his dad and the only heir to his house.

ETA: That said, I don't think this season is sloppy due to that. I think acting sloppy like that is in Ramsay's character. He's always had his dad covering for him for lack of a better phrase. Now, he is going to be the leader and honestly he has no idea how to do that. He's impulsive and likes to kill people. The Karstark guy just wants revenge and that's all. He's using Ramsay as much as Ramsay things he is helping him.

Didn't seem like anyone else was there to witness what happened. Ramsay can make up whatever story he wants for those 2.

Didn't seem like anyone else was there to witness what happened. Ramsay can make up whatever story he wants for those 2.
Point is, no one will believe his story. He's got no credibility. That said, his dad already foreshadowed his demise with the act like a mad dog and you will get treated like a mad dog.

1. Actually- didn't they say they were heading to the Umber House?

What was the House they failed to pay Ramsay until he flayed everyone?

EYLive said:
Tyrion should have sent Missandei to unchain the dragons, that was too risky a move.
Tyrion has always been fascinated by Dragons, and this is the same guy who traveled to The Wall just to see it.  No way he passes up that experience with the Dragons.  

As far as Ramsey goes, it's not about what you know...it's about what you can prove.  Ramsey, for all intents and purposes, is now the Warden of the North.  

As far as Ramsey goes, it's not about what you know...it's about what you can prove.  Ramsey, for all intents and purposes, is now the Warden of the North.  
Yep, Ramsay is putting out an "official" cover story, but you can be damn sure he wants his own people to know what really happened.  That's how he rolls.  

The screams of someone being eaten alive would be heard throughout Winterfell.  (Not the muted for TV - we're not that bad - version)

And if you were in Winterfell right now.... would you say anything different? Poison you say? Yup... poison it is. Hope we catch the b-stards who poisoned everyone.

I'm not sure who I want to see die more painfully him or Ramsay. Pretty damn close.

Throw in Olly and go for the perfect trifecta. 
While I generally loathe weekly power rankings this would be a fun exercise to do on GoT.  It's amazing how my rooting interest change as the story unfolds.

Top 3 most loathed characters after week 2:

1. Ramsay
2. Cersei
3. Allister Thorne

Top 3 favorite characters:

1. Tyrion
2. Ser Davos
3. Tormund

Jamie, Sansa, Theon, Littlefinger, Khal Drogo and a whole bunch of other characters have been on the loathed or favorite list for me at some point in time.  What an amazing show.

While I generally loathe weekly power rankings this would be a fun exercise to do on GoT.  It's amazing how my rooting interest change as the story unfolds.

Top 3 most loathed characters after week 2:

1. Ramsay
2. Cersei
3. Allister Thorne
My Top 3 Most Hated right now would be:

1. Ramsay

2. Sparrow

3. Olly (just wanna see Ghost go to town on that little weasel)

Like I said before this show has done a masterful job of making me feel empathy for Cersei. Never would've thought was possible before last season since she's such a truly despicable character. I still want to see her pay for her sins but not until the High Sparrow gets his first. 

Users who are viewing this thread