What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (10 Viewers)

Davos is also incredibly loyal. That's a quality Snow will admire and value. He'll want someone like that by his side.  
Yep, Snow has quite a few guys that I think are very loyal to him, which will help him later on. Davos, Tormund, his knight's watch guys, Sam, maybe Melissandre and the rest of the Stark clan that's scattered now. I don't think anyone outside of maybe Dany who has as many truly loyal people at their sides.

Yep, Snow has quite a few guys that I think are very loyal to him, which will help him later on. Davos, Tormund, his knight's watch guys, Sam, maybe Melissandre and the rest of the Stark clan that's scattered now. I don't think anyone outside of maybe Dany who has as many truly loyal people at their sides.
Jon, Dany and Tyrion joining forces makes sense on so many levels (beyond all the book nerd stuff) it's ridiculous. 

So I sort of felt like I was a social outcast because everyone around me was like "You don't watch Game of Thrones?!? Hey, this guy doesn't watch Game of Thrones!!"

So I gave in and started watching and I am on episode 4. So far the eye candy is nice, but I have a feeling with this many episodes I am going to run into my fair share of clunker episodes that will suck. The problem I run into is this is definitely not something I can have on the main screen in my house with my daughters running around, which leaves me stuck to watch this at 9:30 when they go to bed and at almost 60 minutes an episode, it is sort of hard to binge-watch. 

So I sort of felt like I was a social outcast because everyone around me was like "You don't watch Game of Thrones?!? Hey, this guy doesn't watch Game of Thrones!!"

So I gave in and started watching and I am on episode 4. So far the eye candy is nice, but I have a feeling with this many episodes I am going to run into my fair share of clunker episodes that will suck. The problem I run into is this is definitely not something I can have on the main screen in my house with my daughters running around, which leaves me stuck to watch this at 9:30 when they go to bed and at almost 60 minutes an episode, it is sort of hard to binge-watch. 
You've got somewhere to be? An episode a night sounds nice.

No....you certainly will not. Best show on TV in the last decade (along with Banshee).....bar none.

Last edited by a moderator:
If these two scenes weren't written intentionally similar there is a bigger issue.  The fact that you had two despondent women who, in these scenes, have hit the f* it button and the men saying f* everyone who is not us or f* the gods could have been written differently to show the same result without the copy and paste feel.

Now that the Lord of Light has brought Snow back to life and Tommen hugged Cersei and asked for her help they will both be back to their old selves.  As for reading wrong...I did say scene..twice.
you have a way with words...

Cersei: I didn't listen to you and everything you said came true.

Jamie: F*k prophecy.  F*k fate.   F*k everyone who isn't us.

Melisandre:  You were right all along the Lord of Light never spoke to me.

Davos:  F*k em then.  F*k all of them

##### him, then. ##### all of them. I'm not a devout man, obviously. Seven gods, drowned gods, tree gods, it's all the same. I'm not asking the Lord of Light for help.

He's saying #### the gods because he's asking her to help, not asking them.     That's significantly different than Jaime saying we're the only people that matter.

No....you certainly will not. Best show on TV in the last decade (along with Banshee).....bar none.
so sayeth todem so let it be done brohans take that to the banketh

He's saying #### the gods because he's asking her to help, not asking them.     That's significantly different than Jaime saying we're the only people that matter.
How are the quotes from Melisandre and Cersei significantly different?  

Cersei is saying that she did'n' list to Jaime's advice.  Melisandre is saying that she always knew she was lying and that he was right in calling Bull#### on her.  Again, pretty fundamentally different but likely intentionally similar - which is good writing, not lazy writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody remind me how Sansa survived jumping off the castle walls? Snow bank? Laws of gravity, ala Hollywood shuffle sneaking into the theater?

Good thing they found dragon lady's ring in that field on the mountain.

other than those TWD moments, hell yes.

Figured rob eyes were going to open to close the finale- 

her name is nobody... What role will she play?

whats going to end the religious uprising: Lannister or white walker invasion? 

Somebody remind me how Sansa survived jumping off the castle walls? Snow bank? Laws of gravity, ala Hollywood shuffle sneaking into the theater?

1. Snow bank was piled pretty high. It's a stretch, but still...

2. Jorah saw the tamped-down grass from where the horses circled her. Left a small patch of grass that was undisturbed where Dany stood, so the ring wasn't that hard to find.

Cersei: I didn't listen to you and everything you said came true.

Jamie: F*k prophecy.  F*k fate.   F*k everyone who isn't us.

Melisandre:  You were right all along the Lord of Light never spoke to me.

Davos:  F*k em then.  F*k all of them
Good stuff here.

Laws of gravitivity and polarity and ####.

Fam are you even following the helpful links I'm posting.

Davos is also incredibly loyal. That's a quality Snow will admire and value. He'll want someone like that by his side.  
Personally, I'd rather go with the six-fingered man as adviser.  I've always said, you can't have too many fingers.  Not to mention, he can double as torturer. 

Users who are viewing this thread