What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (7 Viewers)

I'm stuck with who to root for now. The Starks seem dimished to the point of never being a formidable opponent to the Lannisters - although we know that will likely change. Stannis is a jerk. Not a big fan of Khaleesi character.

I guess I am rooting for Jamie - presuming he's turned a new leaf.
For me:

Tyrion

Arya

not sure how much I am 'cheering' for him, but in a sadistic way I am rooting a bit for Littlefinger. I have grown to really like that shady little *******.

Here's my thought

I have circles of friends with all manner of experience in this awesome fictional world, some have read the books, some only watch the shows, some are behind on the books, some are behiond on the shows

Real life, chat, facebook, twitter, this is the only place i have seen the readers vs viewers feud.

readers generally don't want to spoil things for viewers, viewers generally tend to appreciate it when a reader gives them info the show may have glossed over

EVERYWHERE but here this show and these books bring people together as something they have in common

how the #### can this place get it so backwards?

I assume now the responses will be finger pointing and feuding and name calling

you should all look inside though, something is horribly wrong with the people in this place that a fictional work that we all love can somehow divide us rather than unite us

It is a shame, I am ashamed and each of you should be as well

I was going to make a Song of Ice and Fire type statement here to illustrate my point, but if i pull information from unapproved sources i'll become part of the problem, so it is safer to just not bring GoT into this post at all, this post in a GoT thread by someone who loves the show and the books

think about how sad that is

My friends across communication methods look forward to hearing from people experiencing this for the first time in any medium, we relish bringing others into our nerdy obsession. I expect dooshbaggery and division in politics and religion threads, I sincerely would have thought this could be a topic that would be immune from that

silly me

I should just shun the lot of you and take the black.

not sure how much I am 'cheering' for him, but in a sadistic way I am rooting a bit for Littlefinger. I have grown to really like that shady little *******.
Speaking of Littlefinger, I wonder how he'll react to the Red Wedding given his love for Kat. He's always played both sides to best suit himself. I wonder if the knowledge that the Lannisters arranged Kat's murder will have him focusing his covert affairs on hurting the Lannisters even if it's not in his best interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Littlefinger, I wonder how he'll react to the Red Wedding given his love for Kat. He's always played both sides to best suit himself. I wonder if the knowledge that the Lannisters arranged Kat's murder will have him focusing his covert affairs on hurting the Lannisters even if it's not in his best interest.
He's also marrying Cats sister...she's a loon...but how will she feel about a family who she thought was an ally butchering her sister and nephew?Will LF have any sort of Army with that marriage?

I did get the impression that Jon was chasing after the hawk. Why, I don't know. Maybe he was worried it was still the Warg guy and he was going to tell Mance on him?

EIther way, pretty F'd up to ride away when his girl was still there. Then again, he did push her over to start the fight so he's not exactly a gentleman.
tell Mance on him?

what does Snow care about Mance, he has already deserted them.
Maybe he's planning on sticking with the "fight from the inside" thing and making up a story that they were ambushed and only him and Ygritte survived.

If the idea was that he was still outnumbered and was running from the fight (without his girl) then they did a poor job of showing that. It looked like Red Beard was the only wildling still in the fight.

ETA: Just watched again. There's no one else other than Red Beard and Ygritte and he watches the hawk fly away and then rides in the direction it does.
Gotta remember that Mance and Jon are now separated by a 800ft ice wall. Probably doesn't have time to climb back over and get to Mance (or have the ability to do so alone).
I rewatched as well - and to me there was no indication he was chasing that hawk. They never clearly showed he was going off in the same direction. And wouldn't that be a dumb chase anyways?

Plus he pushed Ygritte to get her out of the fight so she would be safe.

He rode off to draw Mance and anyone else that remained away from that area as he recognized the wolves and thought his brothers may be close. That's pure conjecture - no book info.

Here's my thought

I have circles of friends with all manner of experience in this awesome fictional world, some have read the books, some only watch the shows, some are behind on the books, some are behiond on the shows

Real life, chat, facebook, twitter, this is the only place i have seen the readers vs viewers feud.

readers generally don't want to spoil things for viewers, viewers generally tend to appreciate it when a reader gives them info the show may have glossed over

EVERYWHERE but here this show and these books bring people together as something they have in common

you should all look inside though, something is horribly wrong with the people in this place that a fictional work that we all love can somehow divide us rather than unite us

I was going to make a Song of Ice and Fire type statement here to illustrate my point, but if i pull information from unapproved sources i'll become part of the problem, so it is safer to just not bring GoT into this post at all, this post in a GoT thread by someone who loves the show and the books

My friends across communication methods look forward to hearing from people experiencing this for the first time in any medium, we relish bringing others into our nerdy obsession. I expect dooshbaggery and division in politics and religion threads, I sincerely would have thought this could be a topic that would be immune from that

silly me

Great speech bro, but since you read the books apparently, you dont belong here. There are friggin two other threads for you.

I already posted why having people with knowledge of future events, without realizing it, tend to spoil some things for me.

He's also marrying Cats sister...she's a loon...but how will she feel about a family who she thought was an ally butchering her sister and nephew?Will LF have any sort of Army with that marriage?
Yes he will, the Vale has remained neutral during the war of 5 kings.

assuming he does marry her, he will get the lands armies.

At this point I think a proper Vegas style Death odds for remaining characters are in order. I will take a stab at it, the death has to occur before the final season, whenever that will be since i figure everyone will likely be killed by the final season except for the lone Throne holder, just my opinion.

Tyrion + 500

Joffrey - 1000

Jamie +300

Cersei -200

Tywin -300

Kaleeshi- +2000

Arya + 3000

Sansa +800

Jon Snow+ 500

Sam +500

Yigrette+200

Stannis -200

Mellisandre +700

Bran +10000

Not sure about the rest. Which bets you guys taking if this was offered and you had no knowledge of books? I would obviously bet the house on Joffrey being killed and on Tywin being killed. Those two have to go IMO, too many things going in their favor now, the tide has to turn.

Stannis is definitely gonna eat it. Another Stark has gotta go too. I vote for Sansa. And I think she should die giving birth to a giant headed dwarf.

Here's my thought

silly me

Great speech bro, but since you read the books apparently, you dont belong here. There are friggin two other threads for you.

I already posted why having people with knowledge of future events, without realizing it, tend to spoil some things for me.
I think you are a no-book faker.

Here's my thought I have circles of friends with all manner of experience in this awesome fictional world, some have read the books, some only watch the shows, some are behind on the books, some are behiond on the shows Real life, chat, facebook, twitter, this is the only place i have seen the readers vs viewers feud. readers generally don't want to spoil things for viewers, viewers generally tend to appreciate it when a reader gives them info the show may have glossed over EVERYWHERE but here this show and these books bring people together as something they have in common how the #### can this place get it so backwards?I assume now the responses will be finger pointing and feuding and name calling you should all look inside though, something is horribly wrong with the people in this place that a fictional work that we all love can somehow divide us rather than unite us It is a shame, I am ashamed and each of you should be as well I was going to make a Song of Ice and Fire type statement here to illustrate my point, but if i pull information from unapproved sources i'll become part of the problem, so it is safer to just not bring GoT into this post at all, this post in a GoT thread by someone who loves the show and the books think about how sad that is My friends across communication methods look forward to hearing from people experiencing this for the first time in any medium, we relish bringing others into our nerdy obsession. I expect dooshbaggery and division in politics and religion threads, I sincerely would have thought this could be a topic that would be immune from that silly me I should just shun the lot of you and take the black.
You're clearly new here and not at all familiar with ways of the FFA... So why does your profile say you registered in 2004?

Here's my thought

silly me

This is pretty funny coming from a guy that's gone out of his way to stir stuff up on the book vs non-book front.

I'm still not buying that Jon knocked Ygritte out of the way for her own good.

I didn't get a chance to rewatch yet but why was the wilding girl taking the youngest Stark kid away? For his own safety?

I'm still not buying that Jon knocked Ygritte out of the way for her own good. I didn't get a chance to rewatch yet but why was the wilding girl taking the youngest Stark kid away? For his own safety?
i thought he did it by accident....yes the young one is going to castle black to be "reunited", bran is going with the other peeps (cant remember at the moment).. oh and hodor

I didn't get a chance to rewatch yet but why was the wilding girl taking the youngest Stark kid away? For his own safety?
I thought that was so they wouldnt have all the Stark eggs (literally) in one basket, now they would have to capture both Bran and Rickon to kill them off, not just catching them together.

I'm still not buying that Jon knocked Ygritte out of the way for her own good. I didn't get a chance to rewatch yet but why was the wilding girl taking the youngest Stark kid away? For his own safety?
i thought he did it by accident....yes the young one is going to castle black to be "reunited", bran is going with the other peeps (cant remember at the moment).. oh and hodor
Reunited with Jon at the wall?

so another question...

this giant wall , where is it dividing?

crows have secret entrances, the wildlings moved south to climb this wall? to find their king..mance?

At this point I think a proper Vegas style Death odds for remaining characters are in order. I will take a stab at it, the death has to occur before the final season, whenever that will be since i figure everyone will likely be killed by the final season except for the lone Throne holder, just my opinion.

Tyrion + 500

Joffrey - 1000

Jamie +300

Cersei -200

Tywin -300

Kaleeshi- +2000

Arya + 3000

Sansa +800

Jon Snow+ 500

Sam +500

Yigrette+200

Stannis -200

Mellisandre +700

Bran +10000

Not sure about the rest. Which bets you guys taking if this was offered and you had no knowledge of books? I would obviously bet the house on Joffrey being killed and on Tywin being killed. Those two have to go IMO, too many things going in their favor now, the tide has to turn.
I'll take 10 bucks on all of these.

just stark bannerman, which that this point im not sureif that means anything anymore

You guys are all over the map on this wilding/jon/firecrotch scene. The only thing that was odd was they had 20 or so coming to the farm, but only showed the wolves taking out 3 or 4 of them then all of a sudden it's Jon and Y left alone there. That wasn't handled great.

On rewatch the crow was nothing. Coincidence, or if anything to save having to do a second shot. WTF, a horse chase down a bird?

He was running to the wall to warn the rest of the watch and ditched Y for his honor. That's it. Y is left with nothing now. Literally, and the wildling plan may be in shambles already imo.

just stark bannerman, which that this point im not sureif that means anything anymore
So you meant Winterfell not Castle Black

You guys are all over the map on this wilding/jon/firecrotch scene. The only thing that was odd was they had 20 or so coming to the farm, but only showed the wolves taking out 3 or 4 of them then all of a sudden it's Jon and Y left alone there. That wasn't handled great. On rewatch the crow was nothing. Coincidence, or if anything to save having to do a second shot. WTF, a horse chase down a bird? He was running to the wall to warn the rest of the watch and ditched Y for his honor. That's it. Y is left with nothing now. Literally, and the wildling plan may be in shambles already imo.
but this is more fun than getting the actual answer from someone that read, and knows :P

You guys are all over the map on this wilding/jon/firecrotch scene. The only thing that was odd was they had 20 or so coming to the farm, but only showed the wolves taking out 3 or 4 of them then all of a sudden it's Jon and Y left alone there. That wasn't handled great.

On rewatch the crow was nothing. Coincidence, or if anything to save having to do a second shot. WTF, a horse chase down a bird?

He was running to the wall to warn the rest of the watch and ditched Y for his honor. That's it. Y is left with nothing now. Literally, and the wildling plan may be in shambles already imo.
I wish the show fast forwards 30 years and has FireCrotch son with Snow leading the Wildings and Sam and Gilly's son leading the Nights Watch. My money is on Sam offspring.

The farm only had 7 horses, so only 7 would have caught up with the old man and been present at that scene

So you meant Winterfell not Castle Black
wherever the chick wildling kept insisting :)

Wasn't it an eagle?

and I agree, I think Jon was done with Ygritte and might have even hoped she would be killed in the process.

The farm only had 7 horses, so only 7 would have caught up with the old man and been present at that scene
Not following. John picked from among at least 4 when he split.

I thought that was so they wouldnt have all the Stark eggs (literally) in one basket, now they would have to capture both Bran and Rickon to kill them off, not just catching them together.
ok, that makes sense. I'll check it out again on rewatch. Too much to talk about at that moment with the whole Jon/Ygritte thing.

So in episide 8, the Red Witch took the leeches filled with King's Blood and burnt it while Stannis spoke three names: the Usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Daddy Greyjoy and the usurper Joffrey Baratheon. One episode later and the first name mentioned is dead. Coincidence? Will Daddy Greyjoy die next? Joffrey too?
I caught this during the episode and one thing to keep in mind is that Joffrey is Not a Baratheon so the curse/spell might not have an effect on him.

there were 8 horses, old man took off when jon warned him by making the horses crazy when he hit his sword on the rock.that means 7 of them had to ride ro catch up to him at the tower

Was listening to the Grantland Pop Culture podcast, and the two dudes (both non-book readers) mentioned something, i will put it in spoiler, though its not really a spoiler.

They said they thought that the Theon torturer was for sure Bolton's son since something about an X was featured in the Theon scenes and apparently the X is their sign or whatever. Does anyone know anything about the X, i dont recall it from watching the episodes or it having any connection to Bolton.

When they came upon the guy who gave horses to the watch, there were 8 horses. The old man took one, I assume the wildlings, plus Snow, took the other 7. They chased the guy down, most likely leaving the other 20 wildlings, who were on foot, behind.

So, when they caught the old man, there were 7 total (Snow, Ygritte, Warg, Red Beard, and 3 others). The wolves killed what, 3 people? Snow killed the Warg. That leaves Snow, Ygritte, Red beard as the only ones left. Thus the choice of horses that Snow would have.

:shrug:

Was listening to the Grantland Pop Culture podcast, and the two dudes (both non-book readers) mentioned something, i will put it in spoiler, though its not really a spoiler.

They said they thought that the Theon torturer was for sure Bolton's son since something about an X was featured in the Theon scenes and apparently the X is their sign or whatever. Does anyone know anything about the X, i dont recall it from watching the episodes or it having any connection to Bolton.
I've seen it on the banner of the men that captured Jamie and Brienne and also this past week on the war board with all the chess-like pieces when Robb and his mother were making plans.

I made fun of all those fans sobbing and threatening to never watch the show again after that Red Wedding fallout.

But I must say, I feel like I am really grieving for the Starks this week :bag:

I've seen it on the banner of the men that captured Jamie and Brienne and also this past week on the war board with all the chess-like pieces when Robb and his mother were making plans.

Ok thanks, then for sure it's related to Bolton. And Bolton now knows that Bran and Rickon are alive since Theon told the capturer that he never killed those boys.

Wasn't it an eagle?

and I agree, I think Jon was done with Ygritte and might have even hoped she would be killed in the process.
I wish. I hate her character, and the way she always calls him "Jon Snurr".

Why did Robb ask his wife if she was having a boy or a girl?

How would she know?
I find it funny that in a world filled with dragons, Smoke monster babies, Wargs that someone having knowledge of their fetus' gender is a red flag.

biggamer3 said:
jdoggydogg said:
http://forumimages.footballguys.com/
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread