What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (4 Viewers)

No, you thought it didn't make sense. You can think it's dumb, so do I. But it makes sense that it happened given the war room scene. They directly explained it. 
Just because they explained it doesn't mean it made sense. And Tyrion giving the heartfelt plea to protect her children that she loves so much? Give me a break.

But, I digress. Clearly I haven't been paying attention so I'll defer to your authority, sir.

I enjoyed the episode, and have enjoyed all of Season 8 thus far.

My only minor gripe from last night would be Euron's fleet surprising Dany and her dragons like that. It just doesn't make any logistical sense.

However, it made good TV and served a purpose, so I'm ok with it and it didn't take away from my enjoyment.

My biggest beef is with how easy it's been to kill these dragons.

Viserion killed by an ice spear (miracle shot) and now Rhaegal hit by not one but 2 giant arrow (bolts) whatever you want to call them.  Those things should be inaccurate as hell especially at that distance. 
The material science is pretty rough here. I get it.  Fantasy and all that. But I mean a bow that could hurl something like that would splinter wood or it would have no stopping power about 50m out.  

hagmania said:
I am unreasonably upset on how Jon did his good, good boy Ghost.
That was the second dire wolf that basically got the Air Bud treatment.

Go! Get! I don't want you anymore!

Yeah.  There is minimal effort given except how to get from point a to b fastest.  

I said a billion pages ago should have dealt with cersi first then the NK. 

Hype for this battle is low imo. Sort of cheering for cersi tbh. 
Yeah me to. Dani and Jon are to inept to rule. Cersei has been running circles around all of them since the beginning. 

I enjoyed the episode, and have enjoyed all of Season 8 thus far.

My only minor gripe from last night would be Euron's fleet surprising Dany and her dragons like that. It just doesn't make any logistical sense.

However, it made good TV and served a purpose, so I'm ok with it and it didn't take away from my enjoyment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bl6as2/nobody_saw_this_entire_fleet_sailing_directly_at/

Only thing missing from this scene was John Cleese :lmao: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bla57y/and_here_we_see_the_siege_of_kings_landing/

Yeah me to. Dani and Jon are to inept to rule. Cersei has been running circles around all of them since the beginning. 
They tried to play the likability card with Dany last night.  That even when she wins she doesn't exactly inspire the rank/file and simply ending slavery and monarch like behaviors isn't winning hearts and minds.

Jon simply doesn't want to rule.  He'd be fine just running around in the north.  You could see he just wanted to run off with tor.

Something is forshadowing and hinted at and then happens - "lazy.  predictable writing.  terrible show."

Something surprising happens out of nowhere - "lazy. unbelievable. would never happen. terrible show."
I dont think so....even with the hollywood cliches...still in the running for best show ever

I think they tried to play this off as Euron's fleet was lying in wait on the other side of Dragonstone, and would have theoretically been blocked from view until they came around the island.  :shrug:

Anybody else go from "Really excited before the season started" to "Just finish the damn thing"?

My excitement is fading
Yep.   Mine started to fade when they came out with this lame 6 episode season and made us wait for years for it as well.

Then, the winter is coming thing turned out to be complete bunk.  Waste of time.

Spent 1/2 of this last episode at a drunken party.  

This is LOST all over again.   It's a shame.  

Just because they explained it doesn't mean it made sense. And Tyrion giving the heartfelt plea to protect her children that she loves so much? Give me a break.

But, I digress. Clearly I haven't been paying attention so I'll defer to your authority, sir.
It makes complete sense.  She needs the people of King's Landing know that she doesn't want to kill innocents, but Cersei gave her no choice.

My biggest beef is with how easy it's been to kill these dragons.

Viserion killed by an ice spear (miracle shot) and now Rhaegal hit by not one but 2 giant arrow (bolts) whatever you want to call them.  Those things should be inaccurate as hell especially at that distance. 
Yeah.  Euron's like Steph at the free throw line with those things?  Book Euron, perhaps.  This guy?  Pass.

krista4 said:
OK, thanks.  Guess it's my "it's too dark" for the week that I couldn't understand what she said.  Seemed like someone else didn't either since he put a question mark on there.
I watched with closed captioning (for this very reason) and that’s what she said. 

Also, Jon wasn’t yelling “go!”

Ok why didn't Cersei just execute all of them, especially Tyrion.  She promises Bronn a kingdom to go and kill Tyrion and then when she has the opportunity with dozens of archers on him, she doesn't do it.  They also could have used the spears/arrows on Danerys.  

Also, I know there were catapults and stuff but why couldn't Drogon come straight down onto Cersei,  kill all of them in that spot and then just take off?  Especially after Miss Andy was killed.  End the whole thing there.  

Ok why didn't Cersei just execute all of them, especially Tyrion.  She promises Bronn a kingdom to go and kill Tyrion and then when she has the opportunity with dozens of archers on him, she doesn't do it.  They also could have used the spears/arrows on Danerys.  

Also, I know there were catapults and stuff but why couldn't Drogon come straight down onto Cersei,  kill all of them in that spot and then just take off?  Especially after Miss Andy was killed.  End the whole thing there.  
Cersei killing Tyrion right there would be something they would have in Seasons 1-5. Not now, they want to wrap it up Hollywood style

That was disappointing.  I felt like I was watching the Walking Dead. Dany and her team are really bad at strategy.  I'll leave it at that.

They went over the top on the Dany ego power trip, too.

Brienne crying like that was super cringe-worthy. 

There was a lot I didn't like with this episode. I hope they land the ending. This season just seems off.

I thought the first hour or so they handled the post-war stuff really well.  

"I'm not afraid of a Wildling"

"Well maybe you should be."

If you didn't notice, in background as The Hound is sitting there getting hammered, Pod wanders off with TWO women.  Good stuff.  Was the one at the table next to him as Tormund left Alys Karstark?  It looked like her, but I was watching on my phone and it was tough to make out. 

Loved the Hound/Sansa convo.

So Varys is a goner for treason, right?  Will Tyrion rat out his old pal?

And it looks like I am the only one who thinks Jamie is not going south to kill Cercei.  He may end up doing it to stop her from murdering everyone in KL, but I don't think that is why he is heading down there.  He is addicted.

Yep.   Mine started to fade when they came out with this lame 6 episode season and made us wait for years for it as well.

Then, the winter is coming thing turned out to be complete bunk.  Waste of time.

Spent 1/2 of this last episode at a drunken party.  

This is LOST all over again.   It's a shame.  
Uh, winter is still coming.  

I don't love where they're taking Jaime.  In both the books and the show, one of the most satisfying things is his evolution.  Taking him back to "I'm not a good person, and I'm hateful just like my sister" seems so inconsistent with where he's gotten to.  Why come north and be willing to die fighting next to all these people you don't like, then?  If you needed an excuse to get him back to KL, why have him stay in the first place?

I also didn't love the ambush by sea.  Done already and she should have been able to see that fleet from the air.  And the three straight shots to Rhaegal was a little much.  Like worm said, I'm not sure it was enough to ruin it for me.  Just seemed a little hokey.

Little doubt Dany goes full Fire and Blood now.  That's not going to sit well with Davos and Jon.  Conflict with Cersei, then conflict with them. 

Also, I wouldn't want to be the one on the other end of Gray Worm's spear now.

So Varys is a goner for treason, right?  Will Tyrion rat out his old pal?

And it looks like I am the only one who thinks Jamie is not going south to kill Cercei.  He may end up doing it to stop her from murdering everyone in KL, but I don't think that is why he is heading down there.  He is addicted.
Agreed.  But he also knows she put a price on his head, so how does he think that's going to go well?

Users who are viewing this thread