What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

once the ravens start to arrive with news of Jon being the rightful king, Sansa (with Northern Army) & Tormund travel south to help Jon ?

also - Jon kills Dany,  and then Arya uses her face to get close to Drogon & kills him (leads him close to a scorpion) ?

:goodposting:

She has been running Westros from way before S1E1 up until now. It was a good run.
i was hooked the minute she stepped out that carriage in Winterfell ... Headey looked like a Queen - had the regal bearing to her ... the royal countenance when she glided in those gowns/frocks with her arms tufted - she bought class and grace to Cersei, a match made in casting heaven.

she never had a wasted second on camera ... never had a scene where i cringed - she just bought it week after week, season after season.

two favorite scenes were 1) with Bobby B at his quarters - he asked: "so, what holds the realm together?"  Cersei: "our marriage!" Bobby B: " :lmao: " ... then she asks "was there ever a chance for us?"  Bobby B "NO" that was such a powerful exchange, and she impressed me so ####### much. 

second scene was with her and Tywin and Tyrion (talk about 3 heavyweights, eh?) anyway, she was getting a kick outta busting Tyrion's balls about the arranged marriage to Sansa when Tywin informed her that she was to wed Ser Lorice ... it shifted to her getting the chops busted, then she protested " I AM NOT A BROOD MARE!  Tywin: "YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER AND WILL DO AS I SEE FIT!"  

where are we ever gonna see such talent on display acting so brilliantly together again ... this was a moonshot cast, they hit it out the park on every note. 

the Queen is dead, Long Live the Queen!

I know I am in the minority, but I did not like it as much. Against the WW, her dragon seemed to have limited fire capabilities. Now here he is lighting the city on fire like no tomorrow. I have issues with the pace and timing of everything. Feels so rushed and forced. I just didn't care for it.

This was far from the best the series has offered. 
While I know there are people that will defend everything in the show, I think these things are part of why this season has had such low ratings and bad reviews. Two dragons and the barely make a dent in the NK army but one dragon destroys a fleet of ships armed with anti-dragon weapons (that killed the one who didn’t do much against the NK army), blows up another city full of anti-drago weapons and the entire city of way more “enemies” and does it in what seemed like less time.

It’s like using episode 2 to get us all sad for what’s to come and nobody except Jorah dies in the epic battle. We see the bravery of the Dothraki riding right into the dead and maybe a few horses come back and the Unsullied stay outside to help the retreat and the dead easily get in and two episodes later it seems like none of them died. 

It just seems like they do what the need to close out the episode and get people where they need to be for the final episodes but act like we don’t notice they are been very inconsistent.

While I know there are people that will defend everything in the show, I think these things are part of why this season has had such low ratings and bad reviews. Two dragons and the barely make a dent in the NK army but one dragon destroys a fleet of ships armed with anti-dragon weapons (that killed the one who didn’t do much against the NK army), blows up another city full of anti-drago weapons and the entire city of way more “enemies” and does it in what seemed like less time.

It’s like using episode 2 to get us all sad for what’s to come and nobody except Jorah dies in the epic battle. We see the bravery of the Dothraki riding right into the dead and maybe a few horses come back and the Unsullied stay outside to help the retreat and the dead easily get in and two episodes later it seems like none of them died. 

It just seems like they do what the need to close out the episode and get people where they need to be for the final episodes but act like we don’t notice they are been very inconsistent.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/14/game-of-thrones-bells-ratings-record/

Didn't the dragons kinda get nerfed in 8.02 because of the storm that follows the NK?  They also had another dragon to deal with.  Two completely different battles on completely different landscapes.

My complaint remains it was all just rushed.  And a huge misuse of Headey this season.  Barely on screen at all.  Varys did almost nothing til last episode too.

really should have had season 7 go 9-10 episodes and end with the Battle of Winterfell.  Then could even make people happy by building up the final siege a bit. 

Speaking of Varys in the scene where he was talking to one of his little birds about Dany not eating - he was trying to poison her, right?

Saw an interesting theory that makes good sense, on how GoT history could repeat itself and come full circle:

A “mad” Targaryen was in charge: Aerys → Daenerys

A Stark is taken prisoner: Lyanna Stark is “stolen” → Dany accuses Sansa of treason (or Jon, even)

The Starks and Baratheons team up to rebel: Ned + Robert → Jon/Sansa/Arya + Gendry

A Lannister will betray the ruler to deal the finishing blow: Jaime → Tyrion

A Baratheon ends up on the Iron Throne: Robert → Gendry

:tinfoilhat:   :popcorn:  

Saw an interesting theory that makes good sense, on how GoT history could repeat itself and come full circle:

A “mad” Targaryen was in charge: Aerys → Daenerys

A Stark is taken prisoner: Lyanna Stark is “stolen” → Dany accuses Sansa of treason (or Jon, even)

The Starks and Baratheons team up to rebel: Ned + Robert → Jon/Sansa/Arya + Gendry

A Lannister will betray the ruler to deal the finishing blow: Jaime → Tyrion

A Baratheon ends up on the Iron Throne: Robert → Gendry

:tinfoilhat:   :popcorn:  
Not enuff time!!!!!!!

Were Rhaegar and Elia's children explicitly named in the show? I have something percolating.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I’m talking about this:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/game-of-thrones/s08

Worst reviews of the show by far. Of course Neilsen ratings are great. It’s the final season of a hugely successful and well received (until this year) show. Who is going to turn it off with 6 episodes in the final season? It took more than one bad season for TWD’s ratings to suffer. No chance less people would watch the last season with only 6 shows total. 

once the ravens start to arrive with news of Jon being the rightful king, Sansa (with Northern Army) & Tormund travel south to help Jon ?

also - Jon kills Dany,  and then Arya uses her face to get close to Drogon & kills him (leads him close to a scorpion) ?
Arya kills Drogon.....and then uses HIS face to get near HER! 

You know I’m talking about this:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/game-of-thrones/s08

Worst reviews of the show by far. Of course Neilsen ratings are great. It’s the final season of a hugely successful and well received (until this year) show. Who is going to turn it off with 6 episodes in the final season? It took more than one bad season for TWD’s ratings to suffer. No chance less people would watch the last season with only 6 shows total. 
True but I don't put any stock in what some reviewers on RottenTomatoes are saying.   I am enjoying it

True but I don't put any stock in what some reviewers on RottenTomatoes are saying.   I am enjoying it
I’m enjoying it as well, but I also notice the stuff that didn’t really happen before. At the battle of the bastards another 50% of the wildings didn’t just materialize to save them, another army did. I honestly can’t understand how there are any Dothraki or Unsullied left. They literally showed us all of them outside the gates and getting snuffed out early and we saw inside Winterfell overrun so wouldn’t the people outside be decimated not just “half left”? I’m fine with a bunch more northerners because we saw some houses that stayed home and we saw them retreat inside so there should be more of them but now it seems like Dany’s army is by far the largest and that makes no sense.

Doesnt mean I won’t enjoy the show. Lots of cool #### but the story and magically changing results does take a little off the top of what was my favorite show of all time.

I’m enjoying it as well, but I also notice the stuff that didn’t really happen before. At the battle of the bastards another 50% of the wildings didn’t just materialize to save them, another army did. I honestly can’t understand how there are any Dothraki or Unsullied left. They literally showed us all of them outside the gates and getting snuffed out early and we saw inside Winterfell overrun so wouldn’t the people outside be decimated not just “half left”? I’m fine with a bunch more northerners because we saw some houses that stayed home and we saw them retreat inside so there should be more of them but now it seems like Dany’s army is by far the largest and that makes no sense.

Doesnt mean I won’t enjoy the show. Lots of cool #### but the story and magically changing results does take a little off the top of what was my favorite show of all time.
If I had a complaint it would have been the war with the dead.    That should have been an entire season or at the very least the first half of this season.   Unfortunately there is so much you can do in 6 episodes so they had to squeeze it into one which sucks but I am not dwelling on it.

If I had a complaint it would have been the war with the dead.    That should have been an entire season or at the very least the first half of this season.   Unfortunately there is so much you can do in 6 episodes so they had to squeeze it into one which sucks but I am not dwelling on it.
I agree. I actually didn’t mind the outcome at all, but it just seemed to be over so damn quick and felt like it really wasn’t a big deal at all. I sort of had a hangover for the last two episodes because the NK and that whole story line was so built up and so key that I almost didn’t care what happened afterwards. All the nightswatch and WW scenes throughout the show felt a little cheaper by feeling like it was over in a few minutes.

The destruction of KL was almost the same way. The Golden Company and Euron/his fleet were almost laughable arcs based on the what happened.

I’m not sure I really care much about who sits on the throne and that kind of sucks. I shouldn’t be bothered by seeing Dany act like she’s the ruler because her army is so huge because we talked about how she felt insignificant because she sacrificed so much and Jon and Arya got the love. Then we get a preview as if she’s still got her entire armies. If two young dragons just randomly appear I am going to feel like I’m watching Beerfest and I really hope people get the analogy. I’ll explain if not. 

"You raped her, you killed her, you murdered her children!"  I don't recall him naming them ever.
The thought is that perhaps Jon Snow is a proxy for some of the Young Griff (aka "Aegon Targaryen") arc. In the books, it seems clear Daenerys is on a collision course with fAegon, who is probably going to be loved as a king. If you split Young Griff into two, one part being a ruler in King's Landing (Cersei) and the other being a clearly beloved individual (Jon), it just kinda ties up all neat and nice.

Users who are viewing this thread