What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (4 Viewers)

Who was that guy who was nominating himself for king before Sansa told him to sit down?
Edmure, the guy who couldn't shoot an arrow to light catlyns father's funeral pyre, took a mill and cost robb stark a chance to kill the mountain, married a frey at the red wedding and was their captive for years until the blackfish retook river run and then he walked in the gates, told everyone to lay down their swords and cost them everything.  

It was more Holywood and symbolic for it to somehow know what the Iron Throne was and to decide to torch that instead? 
Dragons are intelligent.  I took it drogon understood the pursuit of power killed his mother, and if Jon hadn't of done it someone some where else would have.  so he destroyed the symbol of power. His message to the world, and maybe a bit saying dragons aren't getting tied up in this game any more.

OK, bear with me here - I know I'm out there.

But, the King going North - who is one with the Land & now free, may bring Spring with him

Bran on the Throne, will still keep the cycle flowing on the larger scale.

:shrug:
I guess I never took it as a magic/NK thing, more of a cycle they went through in the past and now.  

Dragons are intelligent.  I took it drogon understood the pursuit of power killed his mother, and if Jon hadn't of done it someone some where else would have.  so he destroyed the symbol of power. His message to the world, and maybe a bit saying dragons aren't getting tied up in this game any more.
Wow.  That's some deep thinking for a dragon! 

OK, bear with me here - I know I'm out there.

But, the King going North - who is one with the Land & now free, may bring Spring with him

Bran on the Throne, will still keep the cycle flowing on the larger scale.

:shrug:
I guess I never took it as a magic/NK thing, more of a cycle they went through in the past and now.  
I always read the unexplained/lack of science to the season as a red flag that this was all magical in its source.

I have nothing to prove this - nor any links.

Sorry. Best that I have right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always read the unexplained/lack of science to the season as a red flag that this was all magical in its source.

I have nothing to prove this - nor and links.

Sorry. Best that I have right now.
I could very well be wrong.  Seems like Winterfell/maesters knew what was coming, but didn't know about the NK, so I took it as something that hasn't happened in years and years, but was still cyclical.  

I wonder if GRRM intends to write any of the last book from Dany's perspective?  She has been closed off to the viewers in most of her scenes this season, if not all.

I could very well be wrong.  Seems like Winterfell/maesters knew what was coming, but didn't know about the NK, so I took it as something that hasn't happened in years and years, but was still cyclical.  
Yeah, they knew it was coming from observation - not from a theory of prediction or understanding.

Remember that the seasons were never always the same length - it had a chaotic element to it.

Best example recently was the pause before frying Varys.

A dumb beast would have flamed as soon as Dany gave the command.

Drogon took his sweet time.
Far cry from realizing the symbolic nature if the IT and burning that.  

Sorry, there were a few things I liked in the episode, but thought that was a low point of the season.  So cheesy.  

Oddly satisfying overall.

Jon got done dirty a bit though. But, in the grand scheme of things, what was done to him was more correct than wrong, oddly.

Would have been awesome to see Bran warg into Drogon to see what Drogon was up to in the east.

Arya finding out what is west better be covered in the books.

Gendry being alone, no last sexy time before Arya sales off.

Anybody going to rewatch from the beginning soon?

Maybe in a couple of months for me
If it's just me, I am probably going to watch the first 4 seasons and stop.  

If my son wants to watch in a few years when he gets old enough and digs it, I might watch it through with him. 

OR if the petition works and they remake S8. ;)

Yes it was funny , democracy was a bridge to far, let's try oligarchy first.
The shooting down of democracy was soooo heavy handed. The show spent a a lot  of time exposing the traditional model of society based on nobility and family allegiances as dangerous but it was even harsher in the way it showed the type of person who might want to overthrow it all.

Users who are viewing this thread