Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
belljr

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory

Too bad Mance seems like a solid dude. Guarantees he'll have his soul ripped out of his ###hole by red hair.

Or does he command the wildling portion of Stannis' army as they move south to take King's Landing? Edited by Christo

I took the Dany dragon scene as a transition from babies to pets/beasts.

She has made them slaves.

Brilliant :thumbup:

I don't mind seeing Tywin die, or Shae die, but I'm sad to see the Hound die. One of my favorite characters.

I missed the part where we saw him die. Arya left him in the Pine Barrens, no?

Random Observations:

- Jaimie isn't going to be happy with his brother, or himself. A return to the dark side seems likely.

- Lost in all that happened was the awesomeness of FrankenMountain. Can't wait to see what's up with that.

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tywin may just pull through.

- Did the tree wizard tell Bran "he won't walk, but he'll FLY?" Not sure what that last word was.

- Still haven't seen Cersei's bewbs. She must've gotten a great contract.

Edited by Wyld Stallyns

How did Stannis get beyond the wall? The witch?

:lmao:

you mean by broom?

she teleported them?

Floo Network

I don't mind seeing Tywin die, or Shae die, but I'm sad to see the Hound die. One of my favorite characters.

She even took his ketchup packets.

Random Observations:

- Jaimie isn't going to be happy with his brother, or himself. A return to the dark side seems likely.

- Lost in all that happened was the awesomeness of FrankenMountain. Can't wait to see what's up with that.

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tyrion's may just pull through.

- Did the tree wizard tell Bran "he won't walk, but he'll FLY?" Not sure what that last word was.

Yes, fly.

you mean by broom?

she teleported them?

Floo Network

Hey, I don't ####### know. If she can give birth to assassin demons, why not?

you mean by broom?

she teleported them?

:goodposting:

Its really not that hard people.

Phase 1: hire guy with ships to transport your army

Phase 2: ??

Phase 3: profit

Edited by TLEF316

Random Observations:

- Didn't appear conclusive to me that either of Tyrion's arrows hit their mark. Tyrion's may just pull through.

Yes, fly.

I hope this is literal, but I'm sure it's just alluding to him warg'ing into Drogon.

The bells ringing were for Tywin. He's definitely dead. That's why Varys got on the boat.

• Like 1

GoT theme being sung by that choir over the last few minutes of the episode gave me some serious chills.

The bells ringing were for Tywin. He's definitely dead. That's why Varys got on the boat.

I'm assuming he is dead too, but the bells in theory could just be high alert as Tywins been attacked and Tyrion is missing.

Whatever happened to the blacksmith bastard kid? He has to return at some point, right?

Edited by Juxtatarot

They wouldn't ring the bells if he was just found with arrows in him and rushed to a doctor?

I thought the bells were less of a death announcement and more of a, "Yo, shut everything down! Nobody gets in or out, we gotta situation here!"

Was a Maester behind that rock?

• Like 1

I like the Brienne and Hound fight scene. Did she bite off a body part?

His ear.

I almost totally forgot about the Mountain kicking her in the ####. Possibly my favorite moment of the series to date.

Random Observations:

Yes, fly.
I hope this is literal, but I'm sure it's just alluding to him warg'ing into Drogon.

That's what that Homer J Simpson guy predicted. He must be pretty smart. :grad::bowtie:

I think they ring for death of the king or the hand. varys asked him what he did and got no reply. the bells ringing gave him the answer.

• Like 1

Did you see the way the red woman was looking at Jon Snow?

The Red Witch was given Snow the come hither eyes

To be fair, that's how she looks at everyone.

His ear.
I almost totally forgot about the Mountain kicking her in the ####. Possibly my favorite moment of the series to date.
It is better than the Viper vs the Mountain because it was more even. Edited by Rohn Jambo

The Red Witch was given Snow the come hither eyes

Beat me to it.

So, Tywin doesn't in fact #### gold?

I don't think there was a camera angle to debunk this.

It's in the DVD extras.

No, but a Lannister always pays his debt.

His ear.

It was pretty good. :lmao:

I don't think there was a camera angle to debunk this.

It's in the DVD extras.

The Hound can tell if it is Lannister gold.

No Sansa or Littlefinger in that episode. A bit surprising.

Also, now that Tyrion's left King's Landing, will we see any more of Bronn? Another of my favorite characters...

I don't know why. Arya and Sansa didn't hook up and Littlefinger is in the process of reshaping Momma's Boy.

I kind of always feared the moment when GOT would turn into LOTR, I hope that didnt just happen with Bran seeing the wizard of Oz.

Wanted to comment on this too.

I haven't read any of the books, primarily because I'm not a fan of fantasy- I enjoyed the LOTR movies but they're not really my thing. What attracted me to this series from the first is that there is so little fantasy involved- it's much closer to a historical piece, like The Pillars of the Earth. The main problem for me with fantasy is that it gives the writers too many "God in the Machine" possibilities.

So I agree with you. I know there is going to be magic involved, and dragons, and white walkers, and the witch doing her thing- but I really hope it continues to be somewhat minimal.

That was a brutal box-kick.

Good acting by the Hound when he was trying to goad Arya into doing it, transitioning into begging.

Something else nobody has brought up: what's with the Mountain? At first the way the guy was talking, I thought it was going to be a repeat of what happened to Dany's husband. But maybe there's something else going on. "He'll be changed." What does that mean?

So, we know Arya is heading to Braavos which is oe of the free cities, and Tyrion to the free cities, right? do they cross paths and trade Sansa stories.

I don't know why. Arya and Sansa didn't hook up and Littlefinger is in the process of reshaping Momma's Boy.

Anyone else noticed we didn't even 1 minute to check back in with Hot Pie. What's the daily special at the Inn? How's his gravy coming along? I guess we will have to wait 9 more months.

Bits of the modified theme song throughout the episode leading to the full version at the close was powerful.

A lot of us called Tywin.

Didn't see the Jamie - Cersei alliance coming.

Arya is cold as ice.

She is. Figured after all they'd been through, Arya would show the Hound some mercy. I misread their bond.

Yeah, i misread that too. I wonder what her story will be now. Isn't most of her list done? She has Cersei on there and the executioner, but after that she is out of people right?

Edited by modogg