What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (9 Viewers)

Are we to assume Dany just killed two of her dragons?
How did you come up with this conclusion?
Locked in a sealed dungeon , no light, last meal. Looked like a tomb.If that's the case, what's the point of Dany? She's nothing special without them.
If they were going to lock them in in order to kill them why chain them?
I thought she just locked them up so they cannot hurt people.
That's what I think too.
Did the previous Targarians have control over their dragons? Or do they need to be trained, I figured she'd have some type of innate command over them.

Locked in a sealed dungeon , no light, last meal. Looked like a tomb.If that's the case, what's the point of Dany? She's nothing special without them.
That's what I think too.
Did the previous Targarians have control over their dragons? Or do they need to be trained, I figured she'd have some type of innate command over them.
They seemed to follow her into the catacombs.

That's what I think too.
I think she needs to "lock" them in with a braid of her hair to gain complete control. Once she claims one, she can ride it.

That's what I think too.
I think she needs to "lock" them in with a braid of her hair to gain complete control. Once she claims one, she can ride it.
what like avatar?

gump said:
kentric said:
daddo39 said:
I'm thinking the old man in the tree has somehow summoned the missing dragon for the young Stark boy to fly
I'm liking this thought. Makes sense as the old man said he wouldn't walk but he would fly.
As mentioned before in this thread, Bran could also warg into one of the dragons.
I wonder how that works. Does an animal have to be in the line of sight of the warg before s/he can take over?

This isn't really the case for wolf-dreams though.

gump said:
kentric said:
daddo39 said:
I'm thinking the old man in the tree has somehow summoned the missing dragon for the young Stark boy to fly
I'm liking this thought. Makes sense as the old man said he wouldn't walk but he would fly.
As mentioned before in this thread, Bran could also warg into one of the dragons.
True, but he can warg into a wolf, or Hodor,etc. The old man said he wouldn't walk, but fly. That's the reason I think it has to do with the dragon

gump said:
kentric said:
daddo39 said:
True, but he can warg into a wolf, or Hodor,etc. The old man said he wouldn't walk, but fly. That's the reason I think it has to do with the dragon
Except that the old man is the 3 eyed RAVEN. Ravens can fly.

You guys are over thinking this. I'm betting it has nothing to do with dragons.

gump said:
kentric said:
daddo39 said:

didn't Jojen tell Bran that BRAN was the 3 eyed raven?

gump said:
kentric said:
daddo39 said:

Overthinking?? A dragon has gone missing, the old man told Bran he would fly. It's almost too obvious.

Brienne is pretty badass. She has beaten three individuals that would make the top 10 best fighters in Westeros- Loras, Jaime and the Hound. Sure, Jaime was at a disadvantage not being 100% at the time but still- no excuses for Loras and the Hound.

Brienne is pretty badass. She has beaten three individuals that would make the top 10 best fighters in Westeros- Loras, Jaime and the Hound. Sure, Jaime was at a disadvantage not being 100% at the time but still- no excuses for Loras and the Hound.
I think they made it pretty clear the Hound wasn't 100% either.

Nobody takes a kick to the genitals like Brienne.

Hogwash. The neck bite was a bonding moment between him and Arya and nothing more. They were both road weary and on equal footing. Brienne was the better fighter accept it and move on.

To be fair; it seems pretty clear that if they fought 100 times in perfect conditions it would likely come out somewhere close to 50-50.

Why do so many people in here have trouble accepting that a woman can be a serious bad###?

Hogwash. The neck bite was a bonding moment between him and Arya and nothing more. They were both road weary and on equal footing. Brienne was the better fighter accept it and move on.To be fair; it seems pretty clear that if they fought 100 times in perfect conditions it would likely come out somewhere close to 50-50.

Why do so many people in here have trouble accepting that a woman can be a serious bad###?
Geez, dude. Relax.

I think I disagree because I believe they showed the Hound flinching at the wound in a following episode. Either way, I don't have any trouble recognizing that Brienne is a badass and that was an intense fight that could have gone either way. :shrug:

Hogwash. The neck bite was a bonding moment between him and Arya and nothing more. They were both road weary and on equal footing. Brienne was the better fighter accept it and move on.

To be fair; it seems pretty clear that if they fought 100 times in perfect conditions it would likely come out somewhere close to 50-50.

:lmao: I guess it really worked. She felt one hell of a bond towards him!

She loved him so much she couldn't kill him, obvs.

She loved him so much she couldn't kill him, obvs.
I have read the books.

Fine, maybe bonding was a poor choice of words. Perhaps I should have said that it was a good moment to demonstrate how Arya was pragmatic enough to save the one guy who was keeping her alive.

To play it as some horrible debilitating injury that prevented him from fighting at full strength is pure nonsense.

Brienne tough?

She bit the Hound's ear off and spit it out!

She ####### bit his ear off!!
And she took a brutal shot to her nuts and barely flinched. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone posting here would have called it a life after that.

Hogwash. The neck bite was a bonding moment between him and Arya and nothing more. They were both road weary and on equal footing. Brienne was the better fighter accept it and move on.To be fair; it seems pretty clear that if they fought 100 times in perfect conditions it would likely come out somewhere close to 50-50.

Fine, maybe bonding was a poor choice of words. Perhaps I should have said that it was a good moment to demonstrate how Arya was pragmatic enough to save the one guy who was keeping her alive.To play it as some horrible debilitating injury that prevented him from fighting at full strength is pure nonsense.
his neck looked really nasty in the post fight scene.

You forget this is a world with such fantasy concepts as dragons and banking, not necessarily reflecting reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

You forget this is a world with such fantasy concepts as dragons and banking, not necessarily reflecting reality.
They have banking??? Perhaps I should reevaluate.

You seem to be pretty pro-Brienne for some reason. It's ok if you like her character, but it's clear that The Hound was not 100%, they made several points to show that it was weakening him before this episode because of the fact that he refused to let Arya burn it and it began to fester.

Fine, maybe bonding was a poor choice of words. Perhaps I should have said that it was a good moment to demonstrate how Arya was pragmatic enough to save the one guy who was keeping her alive.

To play it as some horrible debilitating injury that prevented him from fighting at full strength is pure nonsense.
OMG, it was bothering him when they were walking into the Vale and she says he should have let her burn it. It may not have been a "horrible debilitating injury" (nice straw man, btw). But it would have hampered him.

Except that the hounds has been nursing that bite wound for a long time and it is festering.

tSo does everyone from Braavos know the whole coin + valar morghulis = obey thing? Seems like an exploitable weakness.
my theory on the coin is-it is basically the faceless mens' passage back to Bravoos after a job is completed. We all know that they can do some sort of face changing to some degree, so I think that possibly those coins are their "get home free" passes to any captain from the city. He brought her on because for all he knows, she is a face-changer in disguise. Just a total guess on my part, but it would make sense.

Since Arya is going to Braavos to become a faceless woman should we expect a new actress to be playing her next season?

tSo does everyone from Braavos know the whole coin + valar morghulis = obey thing? Seems like an exploitable weakness.
my theory on the coin is-it is basically the faceless mens' passage back to Bravoos after a job is completed. We all know that they can do some sort of face changing to some degree, so I think that possibly those coins are their "get home free" passes to any captain from the city. He brought her on because for all he knows, she is a face-changer in disguise. Just a total guess on my part, but it would make sense.
I highly doubt he thought she was a face changer. She's pretty raw and inexperienced. Even assuming he did, why would he need to give her a coin? As a face changer, wouldn't she already have one? Furthermore, if he thought she was already a FC, why would he need to explain what the coin was and give her the FC catch phrase?

I highly doubt he thought she was a face changer. She's pretty raw and inexperienced. Even assuming he did, why would he need to give her a coin? As a face changer, wouldn't she already have one? Furthermore, if he thought she was already a FC, why would he need to explain what the coin was and give her the FC catch phrase?
:confused: The boat captain last episode may have thought she was a face changer, he took the coin he didn't give it to her. The FC who saved her life in season 2 (or was it 3?) is the one who gave her the coin and I am pretty sure he didn't think she was a FC.

Keep up the good work in here all, I can't keep up with all the pissing when a show isn't on tv like others can.

I miss Drogo.

yea kentric - you read chakas post all wrong. he wasn't talking about when she got the coin from jaquen or whatever his name is. he was talking about the ship captain.

:confused: The boat captain last episode may have thought she was a face changer, he took the coin he didn't give it to her. The FC who saved her life in season 2 (or was it 3?) is the one who gave her the coin and I am pretty sure he didn't think she was a FC.
yes, the boat guy, not the dude who gave it to her. No idea if it is true or not...I literally just thought about the idea while watching the episode. I guess the only problem with the thought is how the heck the actual face changer is going to get home now?

yes, the boat guy, not the dude who gave it to her. No idea if it is true or not...I literally just thought about the idea while watching the episode. I guess the only problem with the thought is how the heck the actual face changer is going to get home now?
He'll probably buy passage and get on a boat to Braavos.

I would assume that, as an adult super badass assassin, he'll have an easier time finding a way there without the coin than a teenage girl.

Users who are viewing this thread