Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Jamaal Charles Thread: Hall of Famer?

I'm guessing that many of us who took Charles are 0-2. There's not a whole lot more "let him get healthy one more week" wiggle room.

It could be worse. I took AP over Charles cuz I never owned AP before and wanted to see what it was like. I'd trade in my 1-1 with AP for an 0-2 with Charles any day.

Head up, it will get better. :)

Edited by RichInOrlando

Certainly great news for Charles owners. I really hope he sits out this week rather than aggravating his ankle and missing two months.

What's the history of KC using Charles and Knile in a 50/50? Has Reid done it or is it all one or the other?

What's the history of KC using Charles and Knile in a 50/50? Has Reid done it or is it all one or the other?

no history... but if davis keeps playing well it will be tough to keep him off the field

Oh enough already

Fine. I have a Charles-led redraft snake draft team, TD heavy, and now I am not going to tell you what my record is.

Oh enough already

Fine. I have a Charles-led redraft snake draft team, TD heavy, and now I am not going to tell you what my record is.
What's your rooster look like?

To me, the split carry statement is very speculative. It's based on the fact that they were splitting first team reps in practice. But if you're not sure if Charles will be ready come Sunday, wouldn't you want to give Davis work with the first team as well? Of course they could split time, but it's not like Reid has given any indication it would be an even split in terms of workload.

Have him in two leagues, honestly even though it would hurt me this week I would rather they rest him. But if he is starting I'm playing him.

Glad I blew half my waiver dollars on Davis so that JC could come back for a split workload.

Oh enough already

What's your rooster look like?

Not telling.

Glad I blew half my waiver dollars on Davis so that JC could come back for a split workload.

not really a hawk move

• Like 1

I'm guessing that many of us who took Charles are 0-2. There's not a whole lot more "let him get healthy one more week" wiggle room.

Honestly, I am not sure why some think this way. If you did a good job with the rest of your team, and had the right match-ups, it easy to overcome a bad start by your stud. My team with Adrian Peterson is 2-0 (I know, I know, who cares, right?), so it can certainly be done.

Piece of cake for the sharks

0-2 in the 16T league I own him but there are still a couple of putz's worse off than me.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if you're in desperation mode at RB and have Knile Davis, you should start him. I found this on reddit, might be useful information. Might not. But it does make sense that no way JC could come back and already started practicing.

I've seen a lot of skeptical posts about the Charles, Davis situation today and I want to provide some hope to Davis owners. I have a source in the Chiefs organization directly tied to the offense. I cannot name names or say where this information has come from and I hope you understand why. I talked to my source today and he told me directly that Davis will be getting the bulk of the carries this Sunday. He said Charles injury is worse than the Chiefs are making it seem just to throw smokescreens. This is Davis's week and after his game last week, the Chiefs think it would be better to rest Charles this game and see how Davis does. Like I said, I cannot disclose my source and I have no way to prove my information is legit. However I used both my waiver claims on Davis and will be starting him this Sunday. For those skeptics, you will see Sunday that my source is legit.

EDIT: Doing 200 push ups in my underwear in front of the local Wal Mart and posting the video here if Charles has more touches than Davis.

EDIT 2: My own proof I picked up Davis off waivers and that he is in my starting lineuphttp://imgur.com/a/6QoPr[1]

edit: did is not a flapgreen quote, please don't' flame him or message him. I just wanted to use a quote box and clicked quote on the first post I saw

Edited by mrbigg

edit: did is not a flapgreen quote, please don't' flame him or message him. I just wanted to use a quote box and clicked quote on the first post I saw

I like this new shtick.

This thread got interesting. Why you been holding out flap, eh?

Chiefs sideline reporter Kendall Gammon told CBS Sports Radio's Eye on Fantasy Football on Saturday night that he does not expect Jamal Charles to play at Miami on Sunday. Gammon said Charles practiced a little bit on Thursday and Friday and was moving around okay but still was showing the effects of a high-ankle sprain.

Knile Favis is likely to start and see a bunch of snaps in place of Charles at Miami.

Knile Favis is likely to start and see a bunch of snaps in place of Charles at Miami.

@#&$ who the he11 is Favis? He's not even in the MFL database.

probably a practice squadder

No he's Clark Hunt's son-in-law. It's damn nepotism.

Edited by btemp

FOX's Jay Glazer confirms that Jamaal Charles (ankle) is not expected to play in Sunday's late game against the Dolphins

Jamaal Charles (ankle) will "most likely" return to practice this week, according to head coach Andy Reid.

meh take your time charles

Guest General Tso

Monday night game this week, and Charles will most likely be a game time decision. So whether he plays or not, he's going to ride the pine on most fantasy teams this week.

Monday night game this week, and Charles will most likely be a game time decision. So whether he plays or not, he's going to ride the pine on most fantasy teams this week.

not is charles/davis owners

Not a Davis owner here, but a Charles owner. Thinking of grabbing McKnight this week so I can roll the dice on an active Charles. If he's scratched, plug in McKnight and hope for a couple grabs.

From Rotoworld

The Chiefs will expand Jamaal Charles' (ankle) role at practice Thursday.

Charles' sprain is doing well enough for him to get some real work in with his teammates. In other words, he's not just off to the side rehabbing with guys like Eric Berry (ankle). It confirms that this really wasn't a "true" high-ankle sprain at all, and Charles is very much in play for Monday night's game against the Patriots. Sep 25 - 12:47 PM
Source: ESPN.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles

Not a Davis owner here, but a Charles owner. Thinking of grabbing McKnight this week so I can roll the dice on an active Charles. If he's scratched, plug in McKnight and hope for a couple grabs.

De'Anthony Thomas is practicing today so I am going to guess McKnight will barely get any snaps if DAT is healthy to play.

4617.jpg

Chiefs coach Andy Reid expects Jamaal Charles (ankle) to be active for Week 4.

"Yeah, I think so," was Reid's response when asked point blank if Charles will play. "He’s going to practice (Thursday). We’ll see how he does." It's worth noting that Reid isn't always the most truthful coach with the media, but it makes sense after Charles apparently almost suited up for Week 3. Fantasy owners can tentatively pencil Charles back in as their RB1.
Sep 25 - 1:47 PM

Would you give a trio of 1st round rookie picks for him right now? One in 2015 will be top 2, the other two are mid levels - one in 2015 and one in 2016.

What's his value at right now, at his age, with that O line, and with a still questionable ankle situation?

Would you give a trio of 1st round rookie picks for him right now? One in 2015 will be top 2, the other two are mid levels - one in 2015 and one in 2016.

What's his value at right now, at his age, with that O line, and with a still questionable ankle situation?

Honestly, your guess is good as anyone elses.

De'Anthony Thomas is practicing today so I am going to guess McKnight will barely get any snaps if DAT is healthy to play.

You could always leave Charles in your flex and be open to make a quick dash for some of these WW options:

KC: McKnight, Fasano, Avery

NE: Thompkins, LaFell, Amendola

None of those appear particularly enticing, but you are holding out hope that Charles starts right?

i'm not seeing any practice reports posted, just that he practiced. any word on whether he was still a limited participant?

Limited per rotoworld

i'm not seeing any practice reports posted, just that he practiced. any word on whether he was still a limited participant?

Limited per rotoworld
Jamaal Charles (ankle) was officially limited in Thursday's practice.
Charles appeared to be moving well to the reporters in attendance. Coach Andy Reid has already said he expects Charles to suit up for Monday night's game against the Patriots, but his status will be worth monitoring closely over the next 48 hours before you officially re-insert Charles as your RB1. Sep 25 - 5:33 PM

Guest General Tso

Limited per rotoworld

Charles appeared to be moving well to the reporters in attendance. Coach Andy Reid has already said he expects Charles to suit up for Monday night's game against the Patriots, but his status will be worth monitoring closely over the next 48 hours before you officially re-insert Charles as your RB1. Sep 25 - 5:33 PM

Good sign, but I'd take anything Reid says with a grain of salt. I mean, he's playing Bill Bellichek and the Patriots this week. Don't trust a word he says. We'll know Charles' true status at game time, and not a moment sooner.

Limited per rotoworld

Good sign, but I'd take anything Reid says with a grain of salt. I mean, he's playing Bill Bellichek and the Patriots this week. Don't trust a word he says. We'll know Charles' true status at game time, and not a moment sooner.

Unfortunately maybe not even then. I can see Charles dressing regardless and then getting limited touches.

• Like 1

Limited per rotoworld

Unfortunately maybe not even then. I can see Charles dressing regardless and then getting limited touches.

Normally id agree but i think if you combine what the reporters saw and what the team is saying im 90 % sure hes playing