What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles Thread: Hall of Famer? (2 Viewers)

No news = bad news. I'm dreading the Rotoworld blurb that he's done for the year.
jeez...whats with all the doom n gloom...he walked off on his own power....lets see what happens
A million guys with torn ACLs have walked off the field.
The ACL is in the ankle?

Only thing that worries me is high ankle sprain
Oh, they actually did say it was an ankle? I missed that part. Him walking off may indeed be good news then.

No news = bad news. I'm dreading the Rotoworld blurb that he's done for the year.
jeez...whats with all the doom n gloom...he walked off on his own power....lets see what happens
The ACL is in the ankle?

Oh, they actually did say it was an ankle? I missed that part. Him walking off may indeed be good news then.
Th showed him holding his ankle and then showed them working on his ankle. So, I'm assuming it's his ankle.

The ACL is in the ankle?

that's what CBS reported after halftime when they said he wouldn't return

The ACL is in the ankle?

Th showed him holding his ankle and then showed them working on his ankle. So, I'm assuming it's his ankle.
I had five different games on. I cannot be watching sideline antics.

The ACL is in the ankle?

As do I. :shrug:

The ACL is in the ankle?

so you decided to just come in here and spread misinformation?

The ACL is in the ankle?

so you decided to just come in here and spread misinformation?
Link?

Coach Andy Reid said Jamaal Charles suffered a sprained ankle in Sunday's Week 2 loss at Denver.

It must be a pretty good sprain, as Charles left in the first quarter and was ruled out for the day shortly thereafter. Talented backup Knile Davis came on to total 105 yards and two touchdowns on 28 touches. Consider Charles very questionable for Week 3 at Miami.

Talked the guy with first waiver priority into getting Knile and I'll trade him Reggie Wayne.

I hate when dropping a handcuff blows up in your face that week.

I lost Charles and Knowshown today. After seeing Bobby Rainey tear it up today, Zero Rb drafting is lookin good. I had some extra early round picks, thankfully still have Foster and Bernard. Hoping JC pays me back in the playoffs!

This has become the over-reaction thread. You guys need to chill out.
There are 13 weeks in the fantasy football regular season. In week 1 when he was totally healthy he had 3.4 points on 7 rushes for 19 yards. In week 2 he gets injured in the first series and finishes with 1.2 points. And now we could be looking at a situation where at worst he is out for half the season, at best less than 100% for most of the year and a dreaded game time decision for the next few weeks. And this is a #1 to #3 pick we are talking about.Plus the Chiefs look like dog poo.

I'm all for seeing the positives, but in this case it's looking pretty dire right now.

There are 13 weeks in the fantasy football regular season. In week 1 when he was totally healthy he had 3.4 points on 7 rushes for 19 yards. In week 2 he gets injured in the first series and finishes with 1.2 points. And now we could be looking at a situation where at worst he is out for half the season, at best less than 100% for most of the year and a dreaded game time decision for the next few weeks. And this is a #1 to #3 pick we are talking about.Plus the Chiefs look like dog poo.

I'm all for seeing the positives, but in this case it's looking pretty dire right now.
He can't get any worse. He'll be back in a few weeks. Ride it out and you will be fine. Not what you want out of a #1 pick but you could have ended up with Peterson instead.

so you think that Jamal wouldnt have put up the same numbers or better than Kniles Davis did today?

so you think that Jamal wouldnt have put up the same numbers or better than Kniles Davis did today?
Not based on what I saw last week. There was a lot of talk coming into the season that for a variety of different reasons (mostly JC's contract situation) his workload would be way down from last year.Doesn't really matter now. If you want to trade for him, go for it.

General Tso said:
First time owner. Was so excited to have on a my team. The first two weeks have been terrible.
Never liked the guy but he fell to me in the draft, and as they say, "the value was there". Big-time "point the finger at the shirt". Even though FBG had him ranked #1 overall I absolutely hated the pick at #5. There were so many red flags out there - this guy had bust written all over him. I deserve a last place finish for that pick. Horrible./self-flagellation
I don't get it when guys say "bust" in this context. You can't predict injuries and you can't make the coach call your number. But we all know that Charles isn't going to bust if he is healthy and having plays called.

La Canfora reporting Charles has a "mild" ankle sprain. Whew.
Sounds like good news but if it really was a mild ankle sprain I have to wonder why he didnt get back in the game.....also with Knile looking so good you gotta figure Reid will give him some touches as well....not a great situation all around so far

Sounds like good news but if it really was a mild ankle sprain I have to wonder why he didnt get back in the game.....also with Knile looking so good you gotta figure Reid will give him some touches as well....not a great situation all around so far
Maybe he wanted to get back in and they wouldn't let him?

General Tso said:
First time owner. Was so excited to have on a my team. The first two weeks have been terrible.
Never liked the guy but he fell to me in the draft, and as they say, "the value was there". Big-time "point the finger at the shirt". Even though FBG had him ranked #1 overall I absolutely hated the pick at #5. There were so many red flags out there - this guy had bust written all over him. I deserve a last place finish for that pick. Horrible./self-flagellation
So were you forced into drafting this fluke player? If you hated the pick you have no one else to blame. How exactly did he have bust written all over him? I'd like to know because I missed those obvious signs & would like to learn for next year.

General Tso said:
Hated that pick at 5...

Pure and simple....Speculation, let's wait and see what Monday brings. La Canfora is not the best source of information, more of a dart thrower. Again, he could be quoting Rieds presser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld take:

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "early indications" are Jamaal Charles' ankle sprain is "mild."

The same goes for SS Eric Berry, who like Charles exited Sunday's loss to Denver and did not return. Per La Canfora, the team is "hopeful neither will miss significant time." Charles is believed to be scheduled for a Monday morning MRI. It does sound like Charles has a shot to play in Week 3 at Miami, but Knile Davis needs to be owned everywhere. The fact that Charles never reentered after the first-quarter injury suggests he was in a lot of pain.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Sep 14 - 9:42 PM

To be honest, when I saw the hit I wasn't even thinking ankles or legs. It looks like the defender tried to snap his neck. Charles stumbles on his knees and it was like a Mortal Kombat "Finish him!!" move by Ward. I had no idea Liu Kang was a free agent pick up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThkLs4gxrgE

Anyone else or just me?

PS: Skip to 30 seconds to see the best angle in Slow motion.

Yeah that defender definitely took a little shove/shot at him, but the injury had already happened before then as he got rolled up on.

Hoping for the best for JC.

To be honest, when I saw the hit I wasn't even thinking ankles or legs. It looks like the defender tried to snap his neck. Charles stumbles on his knees and it was like a Mortal Kombat "Finish him!!" move by Ward. I had no idea Liu Kang was a free agent pick up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThkLs4gxrgE

Anyone else or just me?

PS: Skip to 30 seconds to see the best angle in Slow motion.
his own OL ,# 42 ,was thrown down and he rolled up on JC`s left ankle...ouch

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday that Jamaal Charles has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
We're considering Charles "week to week" moving forward, but there are indications Charles' high ankle sprain is on the mild side of the usual 4-6 week timetable. Knile Davis will step in as Kansas City's every-down back in the meantime. He'll be a legit RB1 for as much time as Charles misses. Charles' fantasy owners need to sit tight end keep him rostered as an injured RB3.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday that Jamaal Charles has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
We're considering Charles "week to week" moving forward, but there are indications Charles' high ankle sprain is on the mild side of the usual 4-6 week timetable. Knile Davis will step in as Kansas City's every-down back in the meantime. He'll be a legit RB1 for as much time as Charles misses. Charles' fantasy owners need to sit tight end keep him rostered as an injured RB3.
####

####
Well, looks like Roddy White Jamaal Charles has screwed us all!!

####
Dude...either this thread gets renamed, or you have to start a new one with that title!

####
Dude...either this thread gets renamed, or you have to start a new one with that title!
"...will stack heating pad on heating pad."

is there such a thing as a "mild" high ankle sprain? I'm figuring at least a month....
Matt Forte has a HAS two years ago where I think he only missed one week, then the next week he looked a little gimpy but then after that he was fine

Users who are viewing this thread