What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles Thread: Hall of Famer? (1 Viewer)

The earliest I expect to see him back is week 7 after the week 6 bye. In a 13 week season, that sinks a lot of teams that drafted him in the first round.

I believe White had a high ankle sprain last year, and instead of letting it heal by taking time off, he tried to play through it and was a shell of himself for most of the season.

I suspect most Charles owners would rather he take some time off to get mostly better instead of trying to play through it, struggling with it, and never being himself for the rest of the year. A healthy Charles for the second half of the season > a gimpy Charles all season.

Anyone trying to trade for Charles? Odds are many of his owners are 0-2 and willing to make a desperation play.

towney said:
What's this Roddy White HAS reference??
Roddy White suffered a HAS before week 1 and played through it. He was useless the whole year.
Roddy White was 4th in WR scoring the last 5 weeks of last year / 13th among WRs over the 2nd half (last 8 games). What league settings are you using where that qualifies as useless?

HAS are a rough injury, but nowhere near a complete season-killer. Charles should be fine by about mid-season.

towney said:
What's this Roddy White HAS reference??
Roddy White suffered a HAS before week 1 and played through it. He was useless the whole year.
Roddy White was 4th in WR scoring the last 5 weeks of last year / 13th among WRs over the 2nd half (last 8 games). What league settings are you using where that qualifies as useless?HAS are a rough injury, but nowhere near a complete season-killer. Charles should be fine by about mid-season.
The one where you draft him in the 3rd round and he produces squat for the first 12 weeks.

Wow. It looked like we wouldn't have him for 4-6 weeks at one point. I'm not gonna question it -- they're not gonna mess with their meal ticket if he's truly not ready to practice, especially with Davis looking so good last week.

This was only the opening portion, i.e. drills. Let's temper our expectations till we get full practice reports. I'm guessing he'll probably be listed as Limited Participation, and Reid will call him day-to-day. At best.

Either the ankle isn't as bad as initially thought, or Reid is trying to make sure the Dolphins game plan for Charles as well.

I'm guessing the latter.

Either the ankle isn't as bad as initially thought, or Reid is trying to make sure the Dolphins game plan for Charles as well.

I'm guessing the latter.
Maybe, but why would you risk your franchise player on the practice field for a little bit of 'gamemanship'?

KC has a 4:25 game this week. If JC is a GTD, the owners who sniped Davis from us will have a decision to make at 1:00.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! :devil:

Of course, we'll have a decision to make also, but that's great news considering how this looked a few days ago.

Let's give those poor saps who burned all their money on Knile Davis a week to use him and have Charles rest one week and be ready to go the following week.

Couldn't be happier hearing this news. Could really use him this week since I own him in the same league as Doug Martin, but I was expecting at least 3-4 weeks missed so I'd almost prefer him to sit this week and get back to full strength rather than risking messing it up more this week.

I'm guessing the latter.
Andy Reid has done some weird ##### as a coach, but I don't think he'd do something as bogus as force one of the best RB's in the game today to practice too early, especially when you just stayed competitive with the Broncos with your talented backup RB in the game.

On top of that, I don't think their gameplan changes all that much whether it's Davis or Charles back there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm guessing the latter.
Andy Reid has done some weird ##### as a coach, but I don't think he'd do something as bogus as force one of the best RB's in the game today to practice too early, especially when you just stayed competitive with the Broncos with your talented backup RB in the game.

On top of that, I don't think their gameplan changes all that much whether it's Davis or Charles back there.
Westbrook and shady routinely sat out if they were nicked up. So no way he puts Charles out there if he doesn't feel he can go.

How do I veto my own pending trade for Knile? :rant: :lol:

Tomorrow I may be putting out an email to the league asking them to veto the trade. The guy trading him to me is in 1st so I'm sure they'll be concerned about it now being unfair.

KC has a 4:25 game this week. If JC is a GTD, the owners who sniped Davis from us will have a decision to make at 1:00.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! :devil:

Of course, we'll have a decision to make also, but that's great news considering how this looked a few days ago.
Ha! I have JC and another owner nabbed Davis and Doug Martin in the draft. I grabbed Rainey of the WW and I have been trying to trade Rainey for Davis all week to no avail. But with the news that Martin is a no-go, the possibility that Rainey may be a #1, and now this, the deal is off the table. I still think he misses this game, but now I'm a little more optimistic that he plays in week 5 before their week 6 bye.

Rotoworld take:

Jamaal Charles (ankle) returned to Chiefs practice Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Teicher, Charles participated in warmups, spent a "brief period" being tended to by the team's trainer and then joined position drills. Charles was apparently even "cutting through cones." It would suggest Charles isn't dealing with a high-ankle sprain at all, and that the Chiefs have been misapplying the phrase. There's still more reason to believe Charles will sit than suit up this weekend, but we obviously don't have enough information right now. Charles owners should not count on him being active for Week 3, while Knile Davis owners simply need to sit tight.

Related: Knile Davis

Source: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Sep 18 - 2:41 PM

I'm guessing that many of us who took Charles are 0-2. There's not a whole lot more "let him get healthy one more week" wiggle room.

rocketsauce said:
This was only the opening portion, i.e. drills. Let's temper our expectations till we get full practice reports. I'm guessing he'll probably be listed as Limited Participation, and Reid will call him day-to-day. At best.
So, basically what Mega and Dez and Wayne do every week?

Raider Nation said:
I'm guessing that many of us who took Charles are 0-2. There's not a whole lot more "let him get healthy one more week" wiggle room.
Honestly, I am not sure why some think this way. If you did a good job with the rest of your team, and had the right match-ups, it easy to overcome a bad start by your stud. My team with Adrian Peterson is 2-0 (I know, I know, who cares, right?), so it can certainly be done.

I can totally see a timeshare between JC and Davis, which would zap us all.
Maybe a 75/25 timeshare and I say bring it on. I'm tired of watching Charles get the ball and everybody on the field knows that 90% of the plays are going through him.

He NEEDS another legit threat to ease the burden.

Faust said:
Rotoworld take:

Jamaal Charles (ankle) returned to Chiefs practice Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Teicher, Charles participated in warmups, spent a "brief period" being tended to by the team's trainer and then joined position drills. Charles was apparently even "cutting through cones." It would suggest Charles isn't dealing with a high-ankle sprain at all, and that the Chiefs have been misapplying the phrase. There's still more reason to believe Charles will sit than suit up this weekend, but we obviously don't have enough information right now. Charles owners should not count on him being active for Week 3, while Knile Davis owners simply need to sit tight.

Related: Knile Davis

Source: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Sep 18 - 2:41 PM
:blackdot:

I can totally see a timeshare between JC and Davis, which would zap us all.
Maybe a 75/25 timeshare and I say bring it on. I'm tired of watching Charles get the ball and everybody on the field knows that 90% of the plays are going through him.

He NEEDS another legit threat to ease the burden.
As long as Charles is not getting spelled at the stripe, I agree.

Raider Nation said:
Honestly, I am not sure why some think this way. If you did a good job with the rest of your team, and had the right match-ups, it easy to overcome a bad start by your stud. My team with Adrian Peterson is 2-0 (I know, I know, who cares, right?), so it can certainly be done.
Are you in a 16-team league?

17seconds said:

Tomorrow I may be putting out an email to the league asking them to veto the trade. The guy trading him to me is in 1st so I'm sure they'll be concerned about it now being unfair.
I'm not sure if you're expecting that to happen, or that's been customary in your league, but that's garbage.

If I have any inkling that people in my league are vetoing trades due to standings of the teams involved, I'm GTFO.

Who the heck knows about injury reports anymore.....it's all cloak and dagger these days. Bellicheat started this trend.

Raider Nation said:
I dont get this. With all the injuries everyone else faced, 2-0 with Charles is totally possible. Especially if you went Jordy or Marshall in the second and had success with a QB like Ryan later. Are Charles owners that much worse off than Lacy, Forte or AP owners?

17seconds said:

I'm not sure if you're expecting that to happen, or that's been customary in your league, but that's garbage.

If I have any inkling that people in my league are vetoing trades due to standings of the teams involved, I'm GTFO.
The trade became very lopsided while it was pending because KC misinformed the public about JC's injury.

That's the main reason it would be vetoed. I'm expecting owners to be more veto-happy when they see one of the best teams is about to improve for almost no cost.

Raider Nation said:
1-1 thanks to Patterson and Benjamin week 1.

Raider Nation said:
I dont get this. With all the injuries everyone else faced, 2-0 with Charles is totally possible. Especially if you went Jordy or Marshall in the second and had success with a QB like Ryan later. Are Charles owners that much worse off than Lacy, Forte or AP owners?
You are when you have charles as well as AP as well as Welker with a dose of RG3 peppered in with some Victor Cruz and topped off with a little Jordan Reed

Raider Nation said:
Nope. 12 teams. Auction.

Raider Nation said:
Nope. 12 teams. Auction.
Auction can change everything. One of the leagues I own Charles in has deep rosters and starting requirements. My RBs atm are Charles, Vereen, Woodhead, Ingram, Asiata, Rainey, Forsett. 1-1, I barely lost week 1 with Charles and Woodhead putting up 12 pts combined.

Users who are viewing this thread