What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (3 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Patriots' Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe

By Pete Thamel and Greg Bedard

NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. -- New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police investigating a possible homicide in this town 40 miles south of Boston. A source with knowledge of the investigation said Massachusetts State police spoke to Hernandez on Monday and were interested in possibly searching his home.

Hernandez is not believed to be a murder suspect, according to a source, but a vehicle rented in his name has emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation. The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported on Tuesday that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in connection with the possible homicide. According to the paper, the vehicle is registered to Enterprise and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints. A source said Hernandez's name is tied to that rental vehicle.

A jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man on Monday in an North Attleboro clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez's home.

A North Attleboro police car idled in front of Hernandez's home on Tuesday, parked across the street from two television news vans. Yasmina Serdarevic, a spokesperson for the Bristol County District Attorney's Office, declined comment on Tuesday afternoon when contacted by SI.com.

A source close to Hernandez acknowledged a connection between the player and the case, but would not elaborate. Athletes First, Hernandez's agency, declined comment when contacted by SI.com. Hernandez has consulted with a lawyer, who did not return a call from SI.com.

A fourth-round pick in the 2010 draft, Hernandez was named to the Pro Bowl in his second season. Last season he caught 51 passes and scored five touchdowns for the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy was apparently found in an industrial park area. Speculating but this guy was probably involved with drugs.
Ummmm....okay....but as long as you're speculatin'...how did he get in Hernandez' car? There's a lot of people who are "involved with drugs" who don't end up dead in someone else's rental car.

I think I'm going to be a little more leery of prospects with character red flags after seeing what has happened with Blackmon, Gordon, and Hernandez this offseason.

It's tough for a leopard to change his spots.

Guy was apparently found in an industrial park area. Speculating but this guy was probably involved with drugs.
Ummmm....okay....but as long as you're speculatin'...how did he get in Hernandez' car? There's a lot of people who are "involved with drugs" who don't end up dead in someone else's rental car.
Nobody was found dead in a rental car. Body was found in the park and the rental car was found nearby. That's all we know. Nearby could be 100 ft or it could be 2 miles. Everything is speculation right now but if they had serious evidence linking the rental car to the murder I'd think AH would be an official suspect or at least a person of interest.

Nobody was found dead in a rental car. Body was found in the park and the rental car was found nearby. That's all we know. Nearby could be 100 ft or it could be 2 miles. Everything is speculation right now but if they had serious evidence linking the rental car to the murder I'd think AH would be an official suspect or at least a person of interest.
I'm guessing the link is that this guy is acquainted with AH either as a friend/hanger on. Would not be uncommon for a NFL player to either buy or rent cars for his friends. Would also not be uncommon for an NFL player to not be hanging out with the best possible groups of people. Like the report says, AH is not a suspect but he probably knows the guy and the guy probably was involved in something not so kosher if he was found murdered.

I'm guessing the link is that this guy is acquainted with AH either as a friend/hanger on. Would not be uncommon for a NFL player to either buy or rent cars for his friends. Would also not be uncommon for an NFL player to not be hanging out with the best possible groups of people. Like the report says, AH is not a suspect but he probably knows the guy and the guy probably was involved in something not so kosher if he was found murdered.
Agree 100%. This reeks of residual bad crowd still hanging on who got up to no good and now AH is going to have to roll over or face obstruction charges.

Agree 100%. This reeks of residual bad crowd still hanging on who got up to no good and now AH is going to have to roll over or face obstruction charges.
Agree as well.

Live right near where this happened. The industrial park is about a mile from his house and is basically one road winding through some buildings and is not considered a bad area.

Just for clarity, the report doesn't say that. It says he is not believed to be suspect, according to the source.

Whoever said this earlier I concur strongly.........................can the stupid offseason end already?? My god.

The initial reporting doesn't sound good for Hernandez. Seems like he knew the person who was killed. The rental car was ditched closer to the crime scene than to his home, and he has been described as "uncooperative" with police.

If police are seeking a warrant to search his home, he probably is a suspect at this point. If he is just covering for an idiot friend right now, he better let that friendship sink ASAP.

Now 10 police cars. Looks like they'll be executing a search warrant

Police have entered Hernandez's home

:o

The initial reporting doesn't sound good for Hernandez. Seems like he knew the person who was killed. The rental car was ditched closer to the crime scene than to his home, and he has been described as "uncooperative" with police.

If police are seeking a warrant to search his home, he probably is a suspect at this point. If he is just covering for an idiot friend right now, he better let that friendship sink ASAP.
If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart and well within your legal rights.

Lets wait until this story plays out before rushing to judgement.

If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart and well within your legal rights.

Lets wait until this story plays out before rushing to judgement.
I didn't know that before. I hope this ends well for Hernandez and he grows from this.

Oh Boy is Hernandez in trouble! Those rental companies don't like when an unlisted driver uses the car.

If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart guilty and well within your legal rights or a pain in the ###.
Fixed :thumbup:

If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart guilty and well within your legal rights or a pain in the ###.
Fixed :thumbup:
No

Users who are viewing this thread