What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (1 Viewer)

The initial reporting doesn't sound good for Hernandez. Seems like he knew the person who was killed. The rental car was ditched closer to the crime scene than to his home, and he has been described as "uncooperative" with police.

If police are seeking a warrant to search his home, he probably is a suspect at this point. If he is just covering for an idiot friend right now, he better let that friendship sink ASAP.
If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart guilty and well within your legal rights or a pain in the ###.
Fixed :thumbup:
If the police show up at your doorstep right now and ask to search your home..............you are NOT going to say yes.

The initial reporting doesn't sound good for Hernandez. Seems like he knew the person who was killed. The rental car was ditched closer to the crime scene than to his home, and he has been described as "uncooperative" with police.

If police are seeking a warrant to search his home, he probably is a suspect at this point. If he is just covering for an idiot friend right now, he better let that friendship sink ASAP.
If the cops want to search your house and you demand that they get a search warrant, you are being "uncooperative with police". Not to mention smart guilty and well within your legal rights or a pain in the ###.
If the police show up at your doorstep right now and ask to search your home..............you are NOT going to say yes.
I sure as heck would, especially for a murder investigation.

I sure as heck would, especially for a murder investigation.
Just to clarify... If one showed up, I would insist one or two others came as well... It sound like there was a whole station at Aaron's house.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way to deal with this is to ignore it.

Even if this gets played out for over a year and Hernandez is not guilty of the murder we should all just ignore that, disregard any of the legal documents, and just refer to him as a murderer.

That is the protocol to follow.

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the "belief" inside Patriots headquarters is that Aaron Hernandez was "not involved" with the murder police are investigating in Attleboro, Mass.
The facts are changing quickly, but here's what we think we know: Hernandez is simply being questioned, and is not a suspect. 2. A car rented in Hernandez's name is a "key piece of evidence." 3. Hernandez's home is being searched Tuesday evening. The story will likely continue to evolve quickly, but for now there's no reason to assume anything other than Hernandez is having a (really) bad Tuesday. The situation should be updated later this evening.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

FreeBaGeL said:
I think I'm going to be a little more leery of prospects with character red flags after seeing what has happened with Blackmon, Gordon, and Hernandez this offseason.

It's tough for a leopard to change his spots.
Did Hernandez have character concerns?
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/04/27/patriots_draft_pick_hernandez_failed_marijuana_tests/
Man that was fast. I googled it right after I posted and deleted my post, but you were already on it. :bag:

Could you be ANYMORE wrong?

FreeBaGeL said:
I think I'm going to be a little more leery of prospects with character red flags after seeing what has happened with Blackmon, Gordon, and Hernandez this offseason.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/04/27/patriots_draft_pick_hernandez_failed_marijuana_tests/
If smoking some weed means you have character concerns then this whole world is in the crapper.

FreeBaGeL said:

If smoking some weed means you have character concerns then this whole world is in the crapper.
This is exactly what I would expect a druggie to say.

FreeBaGeL said:

I agree in general, but athletes are held to a different standard.

Multiple failed drug tests are definitely a sign of bad judgment and poor restraint when you know you're going to be tested.

FreeBaGeL said:

Using an illegal drug does sort of raise character flags for someone, regardless of how one may perceive the severity of the drug or the intent behind it.

You may think it's no big deal, but unfortunately the law, and society to a certain extent, looks at Marijuana use in a different light. Multiple failed drug tests is not a great reflection of personal character.

Hernandez very well may be innocent in this matter, but he's obviously got ties to some shady characters, which goes back to his personal character.

FreeBaGeL said:

:) at the thought of a pot smoker being a "druggie".

This season is kinda feeling like the beginning of the end for the Pats. I swear, you're going to watch a documentary in 15 years on the greatest dynasties ever... and I can already see all the collage of interviews with famous writers and announcers talking about how "it all started to fall apart when they didn't re-sign Welker and he went on to have a 2nd career in Denver.... then Gronk started the 2013 season on PUP...... Hernandez's character concerns start to re-surface... Tom Brady getting old...."

Again, this feels like the beginning of the end of a great dynasty. We're gonna look back and 2013 will be a pivotal season. All good things must come to an end.

This season is kinda feeling like the beginning of the end for the Pats. I swear, you're going to watch a documentary in 15 years on the greatest dynasties ever... and I can already see all the collage of interviews with famous writers and announcers talking about how "it all started to fall apart when they didn't re-sign Welker and he went on to have a 2nd career in Denver.... then Gronk started the 2013 season on PUP...... Hernandez's character concerns start to re-surface... Tom Brady getting old...."

Again, this feels like the beginning of the end of a great dynasty. We're gonna look back and 2013 will be a pivotal season. All good things must come to an end.
and just when it looked its bleakest in Foxboro...up steps Tim Tebow :towelwave:

FreeBaGeL said:

I agree in general, but athletes are held to a different standard.

Multiple failed drug tests are definitely a sign of bad judgment and poor restraint when you know you're going to be tested.
I still think you're over reacting and ignoring recent off seasons that saw players commit crimes and face little penalties if anything.

Now, to help with your point I completely agree that a guy getting popped for marijuana shows more than just a silly habit. These guys have lots of money on the line and still make poor decisions, so you have to ask yourself what other poor decisions are they making. Then again, they're in their early 20s when lots of people make dumb choices., and as long as they're talented enough they'll keep getting chances until eventually they mature and the off field problems go away.

Just to clarify... If one showed up, I would insist one or two others came as well... It sound like there was a whole station at Aaron's house.
Yeah, great idea, so when one of his idiot friends leaves some evidence in your house, it's on you.
It must be fun living a life where you think the world is out to get you.
Something wrong with wanting to make sure you don't have some stuff laying around that you shouldn't? Big house man, lot of his boys come over.

Simple common sense. If they have a warrant fine, if not, tell them to go get one. It's not a big deal.

They have not won a SB since 2005.

FreeBaGeL said:

:) at the thought of a pot smoker being a "druggie".
Lmao! If a pot smoker is a "Druggie", then what does that make a meth-head? I know many people who can smoke weed and lead a normal life. I however have yet to meet someone addicted to meth/coke/heroin etc who wasn't totally messed up by it. Some lady in India lived to like 125 and smoked every day! anyways off topic. I really doubt Hernandez would do something that dumb, but who knows... look what O.J did.

They have not won a SB since 2005.
:goodposting:

Might be time to trade Brady, they have two other QBs that would start for 75% of the league so if they can get a ton for Brady it makes sense

Might be time to trade Brady, they have two other QBs that would start for 75% of the league so if they can get a ton for Brady it makes sense
Let's see. They are still a great team and have a legit shot at the next few super bowls. They are gonna give that up for what exactly?

Might be time to trade Brady, they have two other QBs that would start for 75% of the league

so if they can get a ton for Brady it makes sense
Let's see. They are still a great team and have a legit shot at the next few super bowls. They are gonna give that up for what exactly?
Tebow is a proven winner in the playoffs while Mallet is probably the greatest QB never to start a game in the NFL. I'm not sure their SB chances take a hit if they get the proper package back for Brady.

Ryan Mallett and who?

Wouldn't happen to be that Tebow guy that wasn't exactly swamped with offers when he was released recently?

Ryan Mallett is a question mark, Tebow, not so much at this juncture.

Any new facts in this situation? Last I heard there were two men and a "box" removed from Hernandez' house. With actual items removed from the house, wouldn't that mean that a warrant was obtained? And would that then mean that a judge thought there is something to be found there?

Any new facts in this situation? Last I heard there were two men and a "box" removed from Hernandez' house. With actual items removed from the house, wouldn't that mean that a warrant was obtained? And would that then mean that a judge thought there is something to be found there?
:goodposting:

Let's hear the developments on this case and take the Tebowmania to one of it's multitude of other threads

:thanks:

MaxThreshold said:
ghostguy123 said:
FreeBaGeL said:

Oh, society and its lack of education on everything.

Rhythmdoctor said:

All I can hope is that Vegas feels the same way. If the odds on the Pats end up down near 10:1 due to June "news", I'll take that action.

Sirius NFL reported that Hernandez was very uncooperative with authorities. He immediately lawyered up and the police had to get a search warrant to search his house.

Sirius NFL reported that Hernandez was very uncooperative with authorities. He immediately lawyered up and the police had to get a search warrant to search his house.
What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? When did exercising your RIGHTS guaranteed by The Constitution become uncooperative. Whether he's involved in any way, it was simply the best move to exercise his RIGHTS to deny any unreasonable searches and remain silent.

Even if you had nothing to do with it... when someone you know has been killed, possibly by two people staying in your house who were driving a car rented in your name, you are 100% insane to talk to the cops without a lawyer or let them into your house without a warrant.

Users who are viewing this thread