What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (3 Viewers)

one weird thing is why would he rent a car? I'm sure he has a few cars that he owns. The renting makes me think this could have been a premeditated thing.

ghostguy123 said:
If smoking some weed means you have character concerns then this whole world is in the crapper.
Drug users probably think that everyone in the world smokes weed. Well, here's a wake-up call, ghost, they don't. Drug use is a huge character flaw whether they are an athlete or not.

Besides, I would already argue that the world is in the crapper. Hell, we've got a sitting president who has admitted to using cocaine. And Dubya reportedly also used drugs. Not to mention Clinton, although he never inhaled (yeah right). Ridiculous world we live in that this kind of thing is brushed aside for the most powerful job in the world, let alone everyday people.
Not everyone, just ALMOST everyone. I don't smoke anything, but everyone I know does. Everyone they know does, and everyone I have ever talked to tells me that almost everyone they know does. Wake up
Wow, that's a pretty terrible crowd you run with. Time to find a better group of friends.

Otherwise, you're going to end up being questioned about your rental car and dead buddy.
Boulder, CO the most educated city in the US:http://www.usnews.com/news/best-cities/slideshows/the-10-most-educated-us-cities/11

Boulder, CO the fittest city in the US:

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/10-fittest-and-10-fattest-cities-in-america#2

Also, Boulder, CO has one of the highest rates of marijuana use. You smell it on the streets. You converse with PhDs, professors, doctors, attorneys, engineers, professional athletes, etc while they get high. Nah, I'll take my interesting pothead friends over your close minded crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way that TMZ article is totally accurate, right?

Hernandez shoots a guy in the face and he loses an EYE and only asked for "more than $100k"?!
With no police report? I don't buy it.
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. A police report has to be filed in a shooting, and if what this guy said is true, Hernandez would have been locked up for it and it would be all over the news.

Gotta be more to this story.

ghostguy123 said:
If smoking some weed means you have character concerns then this whole world is in the crapper.
Drug users probably think that everyone in the world smokes weed. Well, here's a wake-up call, ghost, they don't. Drug use is a huge character flaw whether they are an athlete or not.

Besides, I would already argue that the world is in the crapper. Hell, we've got a sitting president who has admitted to using cocaine. And Dubya reportedly also used drugs. Not to mention Clinton, although he never inhaled (yeah right). Ridiculous world we live in that this kind of thing is brushed aside for the most powerful job in the world, let alone everyday people.
Not everyone, just ALMOST everyone. I don't smoke anything, but everyone I know does. Everyone they know does, and everyone I have ever talked to tells me that almost everyone they know does. Wake up
Wow, that's a pretty terrible crowd you run with. Time to find a better group of friends.

Otherwise, you're going to end up being questioned about your rental car and dead buddy.
Boulder, CO the most educated city in the US:http://www.usnews.com/news/best-cities/slideshows/the-10-most-educated-us-cities/11

Boulder, CO the fittest city in the US:

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/10-fittest-and-10-fattest-cities-in-america#2

Also, Boulder, CO has one of the highest rates of marijuana use. You smell it on the streets. You converse with PhDs, professors, doctors, attorneys, engineers, professional athletes, etc while they get high. Nah, I'll take my interesting pothead friends over your close minded crowd.
Advantage LO...

Again, the "character concern" is the blatant disrespect for the rules as they are currently written. Guys get busted for marijuana use all the time in the NFL, but still others continue to use it and get caught and get fined and get suspended.

THAT'S the character concern! Putting yourself ahead of the team and your teammates. Thinking the rules don't apply to you. Not caring about possibly losing MILLIONS of dollars not only in your current contract, but in your negotiating ability in your NEXT contract.

Hernandez shoots a guy in the face and he loses an EYE and only asked for "more than $100k"?!
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. A police report has to be filed in a shooting, and if what this guy said is true, Hernandez would have been locked up for it and it would be all over the news.

:shrug:

It was just a flesh wound

:shrug:

It was just a flesh wound
Hmmm. I guess attempted murder isn't a crime anymore.

SI also had this tidbit -- news to me...

Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft in part because of marijuana use while with the Gators, something he admitted to NFL teams at the scouting combine when he was a draft prospect, according to several NFL sources.Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

Combined, the marijuana use and gang concerns worried some NFL teams immensely.

"There were a lot of teams that had him off the board," said an NFL personnel executive.

SI also had this tidbit -- news to me...

Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft in part because of marijuana use while with the Gators, something he admitted to NFL teams at the scouting combine when he was a draft prospect, according to several NFL sources.Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn.
I always knew Stuart Scott was no good.

Rotoworld:

In its latest update to the Aaron Hernandez story, Sports Illustrated reiterates he is "not believed to be a murder suspect."
Hernandez's role in the alleged crime remains unclear after Massachusetts State Police searched his home for over two and a half hours Tuesday. Per reporter Greg A. Bedard, police are looking for a second vehicle under Hernandez's name in addition to the rental car considered a "key piece of evidence." We're nowhere near the end of this.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Haven't gone through every post but just saw this:

in a different case involving Hernandez, he was just sued on June 13 for shooting a man in the face at a strip club.

I have no idea of the veracity of this source but unless they are begging a lawsuuit I would have to think that their is some validity to this story.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-lawsuit-gun-shooting-miami-strip-club/

Aaron Hernandez
Patriots Star Sued
HE SHOT ME IN THE FACE
Exclusive
11:55 AM PT -- According to police reports, obtained by TMZ, the victim was discovered outside of a John Deere store in Riviera Beach, FL on Feb 13 around 6:48 AM.

The manager of the store, who found Bradley, says the victim was bleeding from his head and one of his hands.

According to the police report, Bradley instructed the John Deere employee to call 911 and warned -- "Tell them to hurry -- I'm gonna bleed out."

When the employee tried to ask Bradley if he knew who shot him, Bradley replied, "I'm done talking -- it hurts too bad."

Emergency responders raced to the scene -- but when they arrived, Bradley was being difficult ... refusing to cooperate and being "rude" to personnel.

Eventually, cops say Bradley identified his attackers as being "both Hispanic and black males."

According to the police report, he never identified Hernandez by name.

10:34 AM PT -- Sources connected to the case tell us ... Bradley's legal team only dismissed the case because there was an error in the paperwork ... and they FULLY plan to REFILE the lawsuit TODAY.

We're also told ... Bradley will argue that the bullet initially struck him in the arm and continued traveling through his body until it struck him in the face .... blowing out his eyeball.

gray-bar-update-1.jpg

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was sued earlier this month for allegedly shooting a man in the face following an altercation at a Miami strip club ... TMZ has learned.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Florida on June 13 -- five days before investigators searched the NFL star's Massachusetts home in connection with a homicide investigation that appears to be unrelated.

According to the lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, Hernandez and Alexander S. Bradley went to Tootsie's Cabaret in Miami on February 13, 2013 ... and during the outing, the two men got into an argument.

Bradley claims ... After the dispute, both men left the club -- and got into the same car which was heading to Palm Beach. During the ride, Aaron allegedly aimed his weapon at Bradley ... and the gun discharged, striking Bradley in the face.

Bradley claims he suffered major injuries from the gunshot ... including the loss of his right eye.

Bradley also claimed he required major surgery to reconstruct his face ... which required plates and screws. Bradley also claims he suffered damage to his right hand and arm, which also required surgery.

There's more -- Bradley claims Aaron was not licensed to carry a firearm in the first place.

Bradley demanded more than $100,000.

But just 4 days after Bradley filed the lawsuit, the case was DISMISSED.

We reached out to Aaron's people for comment -- so far, no word back.

Police are looking for a Chrysler 300 registered to Hernandez
So I'll join in the speculation parade.

Chick shoots her boyfriend. Chick calls sister to pick her up. Sister uses Hernandez' Chrysler 300 and they go on the lam. People start questioning Hernandez' character and call him a murderer. He is traded for a bag of peanuts by scared off owners.

Rotoworld:

In its latest update to the Aaron Hernandez story, Sports Illustrated reiterates he is "not believed to be a murder suspect."

Hernandez's role in the alleged crime remains unclear after Massachusetts State Police searched his home for over two and a half hours Tuesday. Per reporter Greg A. Bedard, police are looking for a second vehicle under Hernandez's name in addition to the rental car considered a "key piece of evidence." We're nowhere near the end of this.

Source: Sports Illustrated
So the SI source is Hernandez's lawyer...

Hernandez seems to have lost his path, but has been sent a Shepard in Tebow to guide him back to the light. The lord truly does work in mysterious ways. Praise Yahweh.

Chick shoots her boyfriend. Chick calls sister to pick her up. Sister uses Hernandez' Chrysler 300 and they go on the lam. People start questioning Hernandez' character and call him a murderer. He is traded for a bag of peanuts by scared off owners.
best case = suspensionworst case = Rae Carruthesque

In high school the teacher showed us a video about a guy who smoked some marijuana and it turned him into a psycho killer. That's probably what happened here, amirite?

while it happens, females shooting their boyfriends execution style is extremely rare.

With Hernandez's gang ties it's much more likely his crew was responsible. The main question is how involved he is.

while it happens, females shooting their boyfriends execution style is extremely rare.

With Hernandez's gang ties it's much more likely his crew was responsible. The main question is how involved he is.
I've read somewhere that its 90% likely he knows what happened and 50% likely he was involved.

Hey, go create your own speculation.

Of course it is 100% accurate. Its TMZ.

I think in Florida, when someone gets shot in the face but they don't file a police report, you are free and clear.

OK, I'm officially spooked. The dude suing Hernandez is represented by David Jaroslawicz. That's the same lawyer who is representing Tony Parker in his suit against that NYC nightclub. He's the real deal.

Abandon ship....
Is this the same superlawyer that had the case thrown out because of errors with the paperwork?

Sounds like the next F. Lee Bailey.

one weird thing is why would he rent a car? I'm sure he has a few cars that he owns. The renting makes me think this could have been a premeditated thing.
Well, every time I plan on shooting someone on the head, I usually rent them a car and leave it close to their dead body. You know, because there's certainly is no paper trail back to me. Oh, one other thing, since I'm so hopped up on Mary Jane, I also tend to leave the dead bodies within walking distance from my house...again, so there is no trace back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread