What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (1 Viewer)

You are all grasping. How is this Meyer's fault? Or UF? Or the Patriots?

Stop looking for people to blame other than the person who did the act.
People asking about Hernandez's incidents at UF has brought up so many other non-Hernandez incidents. It has illuminated how bad of a program Meyer was running.

I don't think Meyer is responsible for what Hernandez did. I also think the bulk of the criticism Meyer is getting now isn't really Hernandez-specific, but is tied to the shoddy discipline and/or ethics his program had. If it wasn't for that there wouldn't be a story.
I really don't want to defend Urban Meyer at all, but the reporting on this has been terrible IMO.

The article above where they included arrests of players after they had already left UF is a pretty obvious example of padding the numbers. Even in the other article where they stick to arrests at UF, they fail to give us any context at all. How do those numbers compare to other D1 mens' programs, other BCS football teams or even the general student population?

They also don't do any breakdown of how many of the arrests were minor things like open container or underage drinking vs how many were for more serious offenses.

Finally, they include arrests of players who were kicked off the team as part of their indictment of Meyer (ex: Cam Newton). I'm pretty sure kicking someone off the team is the ultimate discipline a football coach has available.
Before I ever heard the actual arrest statistics, the number of former players of his who are speaking out about what the culture was seemed pretty revealing. The Sporting News article which was linked to earlier (and which incidentally was written a year before the Odin Lloyd murder) was illuminating and barely touched on arrest statistics.

I can't even imagine the sense of "oh ####" you are sitting there with in your little cell looking at 50+ years of doing nothing much. The dread has to be unbearable. He has to know in his heart that he's ####ed. I don't feel sorry for him one bit but I just try to think what that would be like. No wonder people choose to hang themselves with a bedsheet.

You can think Meyer ran a dirty program and looked the other way on a lot of stuff without thinking that he committed a felony that would have sent him to jail for some time, namely covering up a mass shooting.

And true solitary is an abomination. Especially when you consider that a large number of those prisoners will end up back on the street it's not in our interest to see them driven completely insane before we turn them loose again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they need to show more people what happens to you if you commit murder. States are doing away with the death penalty. If the fear of sitting in a 10x7 cell for the rest of your life freaks people out, then I say good job.

I can't even imagine the sense of "oh ####" you are sitting there with in your little cell looking at 50+ years of doing nothing much. The dread has to be unbearable. He has to know in his heart that he's ####ed. I don't feel sorry for him one bit but I just try to think what that would be like. No wonder people choose to hang themselves with a bedsheet.
I agree. I have zero sympathy for him (actually, on the sympathy scale, I probably go into the negative on this one), but I do wonder what is going through his little head right about now. It's gotta suck.

Whoes lost more sponsers these past 2 weeks, Hernandez or Paula Deen.

Can anyone be more guilty before its proven in a court of law, this has become a witch trial.
That will be the defense's last line of defense. He has been perceived as guilty since he was arrested and no one will be able to be an unbiased juror.

I think Hernandez is guilty just like most but I am starting to get a bad feeling.

I agree. I have zero sympathy for him (actually, on the sympathy scale, I probably go into the negative on this one), but I do wonder what is going through his little head right about now. It's gotta suck.
It's gotta suck real bad when you are used to sleeping in a multi million dollar home. Man, what a #### head.

It's gotta suck real bad when you are used to sleeping in a multi million dollar home. Man, what a #### head.
There is stupid and then there is mean. At some point the only answer to the question as to why someone would be so stupid is that they are just that damn ugly on the inside.

Robert Kraft: Patriots 'duped' by Aaron Hernandez

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

July 8, 2013 4:00 pm ET
The Patriots have been relatively quiet since Aaron Hernandez was arrested on a murder and gun charges, aside from their initial statement following the tight end's release. This may be in large part due to Pats owner Robert Kraft being out of the country.

Kraft is back in New England now and spoke with select members of the Boston media Monday, saying that the team feels "duped" by Hernandez.

“No one in our organization was aware of any of these kind of connections. If it's true, I'm just shocked,” Kraft said via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe. “Our whole organization has been duped.”

The owner -- who's been particularly outspoken about certain personnel decisions in recent months -- emphatically reiterated that the Patriots were prepared to cut Hernandez because of the police investigation even before he was officially arrested.

“If any member of the New England Patriots organization is close enough to a murder investigation to actually get arrested – whether it be for obstruction of justice or the crime itself – it is too close to an unthinkable act for that person to be part of this organization going forward,” Kraft said.

The Hernandez matter is technically "behind" the Patriots, since he's no longer a member of the organization. But it's clearly not going to go anywhere, and Kraft said that he's very much concerned Hernandez will be a distraction to the team during training camp, which begins on July 25.

“Everything we don't want is happening,” he said.

But Kraft also sounded equally sympathetic to Odin Lloyd's family, noting that for everything the Patriots and Hernandez are dealing with, it's much, much worse for his family.

“The most sad thing is the Lloyd family lost a son, a brother,” Kraft said. “I'm really sorry, and my heart goes out to the Lloyd family.”

Patriots owner: Team lost $250K on Aaron Hernandez jersey swap

July 8, 2013 4:29 pm ET

It didn't take long for the NFL and the Patriots to stop selling Aaron Hernandez jerseys online following the tight end getting arrested and charged with murder. The Pats took things a step further by offering a free exchange over the weekend for Patriots fans who wanted to rid themselves of their Hernandez jerseys.

The swap was quite popular with more than 1,200 fans showing up to flip their jerseys. And all told, the Patriots ended up losing about $250,000 during the swap, team owner Robert Kraft said Monday when speaking on Hernandez for the first time publicly since the tight end's arrest.

Additionally, Kraft, who believes the team was "duped" by the tight end, said cutting Hernandez -- and all the Patriots decisions in this matter -- are not about money, but rather "principle."

“It was principle, over money or cap or anything else,” Kraft said via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

Kraft also said that the Patriots planned to "destroy the jerseys by grinding them up and donating the material for recycling purposes."

Say whatever you want about how much $250,000 actually matters to a Benjamin Franklin printing press like the Patriots -- clearly the team is interested in cutting ties to Hernandez, regardless of the financial cost.

It didn't take long for the NFL and the Patriots to stop selling Aaron Hernandez jerseys online following the tight end getting arrested and charged with murder. The Pats took things a step further by offering a free exchange over the weekend for Patriots fans who wanted to rid themselves of their Hernandez jerseys.

The swap was quite popular with more than 1,200 fans showing up to flip their jerseys. And all told, the Patriots ended up losing about $250,000 during the swap, team owner Robert Kraft said Monday when speaking on Hernandez for the first time publicly since the tight end's arrest.

Additionally, Kraft, who believes the team was "duped" by the tight end, said cutting Hernandez -- and all the Patriots decisions in this matter -- are not about money, but rather "principle."

“It was principle, over money or cap or anything else,” Kraft said via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

Kraft also said that the Patriots planned to "destroy the jerseys by grinding them up and donating the material for recycling purposes."

Say whatever you want about how much $250,000 actually matters to a Benjamin Franklin printing press like the Patriots -- clearly the team is interested in cutting ties to Hernandez, regardless of the financial cost.
I'm calling BS on the $250k. Retail price, not what it cost the Patriots.

How do they not lose money on retail price?

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

Half the money goes to Nike....so I thought the number sounder high also. They would have given away roughly 5500 jerseys to hit $250k.

The Pats also gain a portion of the $ they spend with Nike on those jerseys back, from sharing that revenue with the other teams.

Robert Kraft: Patriots were 'duped' by Aaron Hernandez

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 5:13 p.m. EDT July 8, 2013

2013-07-08-robert-kraft-patriots

(Photo: Joe Camporeale, USA TODAY Sports)

Story Highlights

Hernandez had given the Myra Kraft foundation a $50,000 gift

Kraft said he heard Hernandez was immature, but never imagined him getting in serious trouble

Just 11 months ago, after signing a $40 million contract with the New England Patriots, Aaron Hernandez wrote a check for $50,000 in honor of Myra Kraft, the late wife of Patriots' owner Robert Kraft.

Now, as Hernandez sits in a Massachusetts jail accused of first-degree murder, Kraft told Boston.com he was "duped."

"If this stuff is true, I've been duped, and our whole organization has been duped," Kraft said.

Kraft was vacationing abroad when Hernandez was arrested June 26 on murder and weapons charges. The Patriots released Hernandez that day.

Kraft told reporters the team was planning to release Hernandez if he was arrested on any charges related to the homicide investigation. The Boston Herald reported Kraft decided to speak to reporters against the advice of his attorneys.

KEEPING QUIET: DA still won't say if Hernandez was the shooter

"Here was have a guy who, man, it looks like had the world by the tail. He said to me he wanted to be a role model to the Hispanic community," Kraft said. "He said we'd given him a second chance, and I believed him. He was the most likable young man. This is all sad to me. Very sad."

As part of Kraft's 40-minute media session, the owner produced a copy of a letter Hernandez wrote to the team prior to the 2010 NFL Draft in which Hernandez offered to be drug tested every other week and have any guaranteed money in his rookie contract tied to passing each of those tests.

The Patriots drafted Hernandez in the fourth round of that draft, and after he excelled on the field in his first two seasons, the team gave him long-term extension.

"The only thing I ever heard on Aaron Hernandez was he was very young, immature and potentially had problems presented in this letter," Kraft told Boston.com. "Never saw signs of anything else."

Hernandez was neither arrested nor suspended during this first three years in the NFL.

But in the last three weeks, it has been revealed Hernandez's life didn't appear to match the words and promises he had made to Kraft and the Patriots. Hernandez was sued last month in a U.S. District Court in South Florida by a Connecticut man who said Hernandez shot him in the face in February; and police in Boston are investigating Hernandez's possible role in an unsolved double-homicide in July 2012.

Kraft told reporters he didn't know much about Hernandez's social life away from the team.

Kraft said all of the indications he received from inside the Patriots' facility was that Hernandez was polite and hard-working, not to mention an on-field star.

"We paid for performance. Obviously, it wasn't the correct decision," Kraft said. "We're just so sorry for what the Lloyd family has to go through. They lost a son, a brother. It's sad. I don't understand why things happen like that. I got duped, to be honest."

Aaron Hernandez wrote Patriots pre-draft letter about drug allegations

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

July 8, 2013 5:21 pm ET

On April 16, 2010, a week before the Patriots eventually drafted Aaron Hernandez in the fourth round, Hernandez sent the organization this letter in the hopes of clearing up any concerns about his alleged marijuana use while he was at the University of Florida. The letter was addressed to Patriots executive Nick Caserio.

Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriotsNew England Patriots
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work or in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple -- if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draftNFL Draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draftand feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez
University of Florida
The Patriots used a fourth-round pick on Hernandez, who was charged last month with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd -- some 10 months after the organization signed him to a $40 million contract extension. Last August, Hernandez thanked the Patriots for the new deal, and more generally, for keeping him on the straight and narrow.

"This is a place that, not only did it change my future from them paying me, but it changed me as a person," Hernandez told Comcast Sportsnet at the time, "because you can't come [to the Patriots] and act reckless and do your own stuff. That was one of the reasons that I came here -- might've acted the way I wanted to act. But you get changed by Bill Belichick's way. And you get changed by the Patriots way. And now that I'm a Patriot, I have to start living like one and making the right decisions for them."

On Monday, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said the organization was "duped" by Hernandez.

Aaron Hernandez wrote Patriots pre-draft letter about drug allegations

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

July 8, 2013 5:21 pm ET

On April 16, 2010, a week before the Patriots eventually drafted Aaron Hernandez in the fourth round, Hernandez sent the organization this letter in the hopes of clearing up any concerns about his alleged marijuana use while he was at the University of Florida. The letter was addressed to Patriots executive Nick Caserio.

Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriotsNew England Patriots
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work or in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple -- if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draftNFL Draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draftand feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez
University of Florida
The Patriots used a fourth-round pick on Hernandez, who was charged last month with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd -- some 10 months after the organization signed him to a $40 million contract extension. Last August, Hernandez thanked the Patriots for the new deal, and more generally, for keeping him on the straight and narrow.

"This is a place that, not only did it change my future from them paying me, but it changed me as a person," Hernandez told Comcast Sportsnet at the time, "because you can't come [to the Patriots] and act reckless and do your own stuff. That was one of the reasons that I came here -- might've acted the way I wanted to act. But you get changed by Bill Belichick's way. And you get changed by the Patriots way. And now that I'm a Patriot, I have to start living like one and making the right decisions for them."

On Monday, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said the organization was "duped" by Hernandez.
and never failed a drug test that we know of

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

Half the money goes to Nike....so I thought the number sounder high also. They would have given away roughly 5500 jerseys to hit $250k.

The Pats also gain a portion of the $ they spend with Nike on those jerseys back, from sharing that revenue with the other teams.
The Patriots are still buying 1200 Jerseys and giving them away for free. Without making the markup profit. So I'm missing why cstu is calling BS on it.

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

So They claim to have lost 250k on swapping over 1200 Jersey's. Take 250,000 and divide it by 1300 jersey's to be safe and that comes to alittle more than $192 per swap.

In 2005 it was discovered that it cost as little as $5.03 to make NFL and NBA Jersey's, sorry if I don't feel for their loses here.

People should really stop supporting these practices anyway

http://www.globallabourrights.org/reports?id=0171

Using data compiled from U.S. Customs documents, we were able to track millions of dollars worth of NFL and NBA jerseys shipped from the Han-Soll factory in Honduras to Reebok in the U.S. In this way, we also discovered that the landed customs value of the $75 jerseys was just $5.03 each.​
When we purchase a $75 NFL or NBA jersey, do we ever imagine that they were made by young women"

• Locked in a factory compound ten to thirteen hours a day;
  • Discriminated against if they become pregnant;
  • Being paid just 19 cents for every $75 jersey they sew—meaning their wages amount to just 3/10 of one percent of the jersey's retail price!;
  • Insulted, shouted and cursed at by supervisors who are constantly speeding up the production lines;
  • Who are discouraged from speaking and need permission to use the bathroom—and if they take too long, supervisors come to get them out;
  • Who can be docked three days' wages for taking a sick day;
  • Who are forced to work overtime and can be at the factory up to 64 hours a week;
  • Earning a base wage of just 65 cents an hour, which meets only 60 percent of a family's basic food needs, leaving them trapped in deplorable living conditions;
  • Who have no idea that Reebok, the NFL, or the NBA even have codes of conduct which are supposed to protect their rights—many instead thinking the codes are rules demanding overtime to meet production goals;
  • Who have no rights, who could be fired for even meeting with us, and surely would be fired and blacklisted if management even suspected they were organizing.
  • These are the conditions in the Han-Soll factory in Honduras where jerseys for the NFL and NBA are being sewn.
  • Who have no rights, who could be fired for even meeting with us, and surely would be fired and blacklisted if management even suspected they were organizing.

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

The Patriots are still buying 1200 Jerseys and giving them away for free. Without making the markup profit. So I'm missing why cstu is calling BS on it.
and how much did Nike pay the owners last yr for the NFL label?

A lot of people in here are too quick to close the door on this one. What ever happened to "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"? All these crimes are alleged, and all the evidence is circumstantial at best. Oh, it's the same flavor of Bubbilicious, he must be guilty! Oh, uncorroborated accomplice testimony, it must be 100% accurate!

There's more evidence of George Zimmerman's guilt in the Trayvon Martin case than what we've seen here so far, but people can't wait to call him guilty. Let's wait for some real facts to come out, instead of hearsay and conjecture, and see what the real story is before we start nailing up the coffin.

A lot of people in here are too quick to close the door on this one. What ever happened to "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"? All these crimes are alleged, and all the evidence is circumstantial at best. Oh, it's the same flavor of Bubbilicious, he must be guilty! Oh, uncorroborated accomplice testimony, it must be 100% accurate!

There's more evidence of George Zimmerman's guilt in the Trayvon Martin case than what we've seen here so far, but people can't wait to call him guilty. Let's wait for some real facts to come out, instead of hearsay and conjecture, and see what the real story is before we start nailing up the coffin.
its turning into a witch hunt but so far the only thing I have seen thats really questionable about the way people are treating Hernandez is the Patriots saying their going to not payout the portion of the contract they signed. As of now he not convicted of a crime and they have no right to fight that, yet. The Patriots are treating him as if hes been sentenced to death.

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

1200 jerseys costs them $54,000.

If you say you are losing 1200 units of sales (which is a major stretch), that's just $66,000 in gross sales.

That only totals $120,000.

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

and how much did Nike pay the owners last yr for the NFL label?
They broke the jersey sales record for a year...which is not surprising considering the transition and the major trades and draft picks....so I'd estimate $100m. Guarantee may be more than that though.

So They claim to have lost 250k on swapping over 1200 Jersey's. Take 250,000 and divide it by 1300 jersey's to be safe and that comes to alittle more than $192 per swap.

In 2005 it was discovered that it cost as little as $5.03 to make NFL and NBA Jersey's, sorry if I don't feel for their loses here.

People should really stop supporting these practices anyway

http://www.globallabourrights.org/reports?id=0171

Using data compiled from U.S. Customs documents, we were able to track millions of dollars worth of NFL and NBA jerseys shipped from the Han-Soll factory in Honduras to Reebok in the U.S. In this way, we also discovered that the landed customs value of the $75 jerseys was just $5.03 each.
That's just a portion of the cost to Nike. They pay a royalty, overhead, etc....which adds up quickly. Roughly costs them $35 or so per jersey at the end of the day.

I really hope you are fishing.

Perhaps you are confusing people having an opinion with having an actual jury vote.

Calling it.

He did it.

:potkettle:

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

If you say you are losing 1200 units of sales (which is a major stretch), that's just $66,000 in gross sales.

I believe the final tally was 2500 jerseys swapped over the two days, or about $100 per jersey to get to the $250k. There were 1200 jerseys swapped by 5 pm on the first day alone.

PatsFanCT said:
cstu said:
Faust said:

I don't think the name stitching is included in everyone's pricing.

But either way, I'm always annoyed about people worrying about the wages on the other side of the globe while overlooking our own cottage industry of doing the exact same thing with migrant workers. But I guess you draw the line at paying full price for a tomato.

its turning into a witch hunt but so far the only thing I have seen thats really questionable about the way people are treating Hernandez is the Patriots saying their going to not payout the portion of the contract they signed. As of now he not convicted of a crime and they have no right to fight that, yet. The Patriots are treating him as if hes been sentenced to death.
Yeah, the Patriots are being super mean.

Calling it.

He did it.

:potkettle:
:own3d:

Perhaps you are confusing people having an opinion with having an actual jury vote.
This

Plus, everyone knows he's guilty.

Even though I have a current opinion on AH's involvement in Lloyd's murder, I would have no problem sitting on that jury and allowing the facts to determine his guilt or innocence.

What ever happened to "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"?
Common sense in looking at everything as a whole.

Zimmerman IS guilty of killing Martin ..... has been since day one, its just a question of justified killing or not.

On Hernandez, do you really REALLY REALLY think he's not guilty here? You really think police arrested an NFL star TE, and that the arrest resulted in his being fired from his team and losing everything in the process without having rock solid evidence?

You think the police are that stupid ?

I don't think you have to believe in police infallibility to think Hernandez is guilty. The evidence that they have revealed that they have is enough to believe beyond a reasonable doubt that he was at least present at the killing.

Common sense in looking at everything as a whole. You have basically what the media has provided and one side of the story from the cops. So you're not using common sense to form a judgment already since you don't have the whole picture.

On Hernandez, do you really REALLY REALLY think he's not guilty here? I think he's most likely guilty but understand those that protect our constitution of innocent until proven guilty

You think the police are that stupid ? Yeah, many of them are actually.

Here's one cynical approach: Hernandez has enough money, rep (good and bad) and influence to get million dollar lawyers, to bring up ruined DNA evidence from the rental or elsewhere, to hush up witnesses and maybe even intimidate others, and possibly wow over jurors.

Maybe even more cynical, maybe his money has been funding and facilitating as bad or even worse behavior for years now. It could be even worse than you think, even with everything that's come out, not less worse.

Maybe he did it and he gets off.

On the other hand, there's stupid and then there's just plain arrogant and mean; and dumping a body in what is practically his backyard, with cameras showing a four minute window of going in with four guys and leaving with three, spoiling of evidence in his own home, with evidence pulled from the rental car including bubble gum he chewed next to a casing, possibly indicates the latter, because it's pretty common at some point criminals really think they can't be touched and that's when they get caught.

Common sense in looking at everything as a whole. You have basically what the media has provided and one side of the story from the cops. So you're not using common sense to form a judgment already since you don't have the whole picture.

On Hernandez, do you really REALLY REALLY think he's not guilty here? I think he's most likely guilty but understand those that protect our constitution of innocent until proven guilty

You think the police are that stupid ? Yeah, many of them are actually.
So do the rest of us. He's still innocent in the eyes of the law. When more facts are presented, we have the ability to change our mind. The Patriots don't have to keep him on their team and the products he endorses don't have to keep him as the face of their brand. Everyone has rights.

Here's one cynical approach: Hernandez has enough money, rep (good and bad) and influence to get million dollar lawyers, to bring up ruined DNA evidence from the rental or elsewhere, to hush up witnesses and maybe even intimidate others, and possibly wow over jurors.
The lawyers are the winners in this case. They will take every penny he has and he may go free. That's his best case scenario. Even then, he probalby will never play again and thus have nothing. End result will be that he finds his way back in prison. The loser may as well just hang himself and get it over with.

On Hernandez, do you really REALLY REALLY think he's not guilty here? You really think police arrested an NFL star TE, and that the arrest resulted in his being fired from his team and losing everything in the process without having rock solid evidence?

Our opinions of his guilt or innocence are irrelevant. Rock-solid evidence isn't always as rock-solid when picked apart by the Defense. Please see OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, etc.

If the State can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he's guilty of the charges brought against him, he'll walk just like that baby-killer Anthony.

Our opinions of his guilt or innocence are irrelevant. Rock-solid evidence isn't always as rock-solid when picked apart by the Defense. Please see OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, etc.

If the State can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he's guilty of the charges brought against him, he'll walk just like that baby-killer Anthony.
I don't think he will walk. They have other gun charges that could land him in jail.

I don't see anyone having presented any evidence at all that Hernandez pulled the trigger. Other than the speculative uncorroborated testimony of an accomplice, who may have pulled the trigger himself and is now taking advantage of the massive overreach of the police in this case to pin it on the highest-profile suspect instead of the actually guilty one.

I don't know about his guilt or innocence on the charges he is facing so far (who knows if more will be coming), but I can say without any doubt or the need to review any evidence that he is guilty of stupidity. No matter what happens from here on out, he has gone from living the American dream to flushing that life down the toilet.

I don't see anyone having presented any evidence at all that Hernandez pulled the trigger. Other than the speculative uncorroborated testimony of an accomplice, who may have pulled the trigger himself and is now taking advantage of the massive overreach of the police in this case to pin it on the highest-profile suspect instead of the actually guilty one.
You do know that he didn’t have to pull the one who pulled the trigger in order for him to be found guilty right?

Not agreeing or disagreeing here but the highest profile suspect is probably the guy that the MA state police would be most wary of and careful of ensuring proof behind their allegations before moving forward, not the other way around.

Not agreeing or disagreeing here but the highest profile suspect is probably the guy that the MA state police would be most wary of and careful of ensuring proof behind their allegations before moving forward, not the other way around.
I have heard attorneys in the media suggest that if more than one person is involved in a murder, unless one immediately reported it, than anyone involved and at the scene could be charged with the murder no matter who actually committed it. In this case, the prosecution can charge all three with murder even if only one of them pulled the trigger. And from what was said by the legal experts I heard, it sounds like they would not have to prove who did the actual killing (so basically it would be guilt by association, participating in the murder, and conspiring to commit murder, and covering it up.

However, if AH summoned the other two to drive up from Connecticut, it seems that the Commonwealth would argue that Hernandez was the one that was orchestrating the outcome and was essentially the ring leader.

Documents: Hernandez told pal he fired fatal shots

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — A man linked to the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez told police Hernandez admitted firing the fatal shots, and a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name, according to documents filed Tuesday in Florida that provide the most damning evidence yet against the star athlete.

The documents say Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez admitted shooting semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough. The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of Wallace's home in that city.

The documents also say that while investigating Lloyd's killing, police did searches in Hernandez's hometown, Bristol, Conn., that turned up a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide in Boston. Police say the vehicle had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday.

Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and another man drove with Lloyd to an industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.

Ortiz told police that, after picking up Lloyd, the four men headed back to North Attleborough. Along the way, Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents said. But Ortiz told police that the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. But soon the car stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.

The witness also told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the vehicle sped away.

Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.

Meanwhile, eight search warrants were unsealed in Massachusetts after news organizations sought access to the records. The warrants reveal the breadth of the investigation, with authorities scouring through everything from Hernandez's house to his phone to the contents of his team locker, which the Patriots emptied into a container after they released him.

Police seized a rifle and ammunition found in Hernandez's home.

According to the documents, Hernandez became "argumentative" during his first encounter with police at his home following Lloyd's death. He asked, "What's with all the questions?" and locked the door behind him.

He then returned with his attorney's business card but didn't respond when police told him they were investigating a death.

"Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him," the records read. "Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez's demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person."

Hernandez came out later and agreed to be questioned at a police station, according to the documents.

The documents also say Hernandez called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her Lloyd was dead.

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — A man linked to the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez told police Hernandez admitted firing the fatal shots, and a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name, according to documents filed Tuesday in Florida that provide the most damning evidence yet against the star athlete.

The documents say Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez admitted shooting semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough. The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of Wallace's home in that city.

But Ortiz told police that the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. But soon the car stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.

The witness also told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the vehicle sped away.
Uncorroborated accomplice testimony. Of hearsay. Great.

"Yeah, um, I was there officer. But everyone got out of the car except for me, and they went somewhere where I couldn't see them. Then they came back, and one of the guys told me another guy killed a third guy. But it totally wasn't me, because I was the guy there doing absolutely nothing illegal at all and have nothing to do with the crime you're investigating, at all. I'm 100% innocent."

Exactly what the guy who did it and is now framing Hernandez (taking advantage of the fact that the police seem to be hell-bent on bagging the biggest target) would say.

The documents also say that while investigating Lloyd's killing, police did searches in Hernandez's hometown, Bristol, Conn., that turned up a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide in Boston. Police say the vehicle had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday.

Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and another man drove with Lloyd to an industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.

Ortiz told police that, after picking up Lloyd, the four men headed back to North Attleborough. Along the way, Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents said. But Ortiz told police that the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. But soon the car stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.

Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.

Meanwhile, eight search warrants were unsealed in Massachusetts after news organizations sought access to the records. The warrants reveal the breadth of the investigation, with authorities scouring through everything from Hernandez's house to his phone to the contents of his team locker, which the Patriots emptied into a container after they released him.

Police seized a rifle and ammunition found in Hernandez's home.

According to the documents, Hernandez became "argumentative" during his first encounter with police at his home following Lloyd's death. He asked, "What's with all the questions?" and locked the door behind him.

He then returned with his attorney's business card but didn't respond when police told him they were investigating a death.

"Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him," the records read. "Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez's demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person."

Hernandez came out later and agreed to be questioned at a police station, according to the documents.

The documents also say Hernandez called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her Lloyd was dead.
Gonna go out on a limb and say thats not good for his case.

Users who are viewing this thread