Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell.

Yet a child rapist like Lawrence Taylor still exists in the HOF. That's odd to me.

"Child rapist" is a bit harsh. He had consensual sex with a sixteen-year-old girl who told him she was nineteen (where the legal age is seventeen).

he paid to have sex with her and she was dropped off at his hotel room with a fresh black eye

Edited by KellysHeroes

Just saw that Carlos Dunlap got an extension and thought it was funny Paul Brown came out and said he wiped Hernandez off his board yet they took Dunlap that same year. He was AHern's teammate and had a DUI on his resume.

Just saw that Carlos Dunlap got an extension and thought it was funny Paul Brown came out and said he wiped Hernandez off his board yet they took Dunlap that same year. He was AHern's teammate and had a DUI on his resume.

Maybe Paul Brown believes that you can never have enough pass rushers :shrug:

I see what you're saying here, but I guess just being AH's teammate wasn't enough to completely kill someone's draft stock.

I see what you're saying here, but I guess just being AH's teammate wasn't enough to completely kill someone's draft stock.

. Not so much his relationship to AHern but the DUI was pretty bad. Police found him slumped over the wheel at a traffic light. They tried waking him up, he cracked his eyes open for a second then hit the snooze button on them.

Just my own commentary on how all these gms knew not to draft AHern.

Paul Brown rising from the dead and resuming control of the team would explain how my Bengals have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

-QG

Paul Brown rising from the dead and resuming control of the team would explain how my Bengals have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

-QG

Honestly, if he can rise from the dead, I'm going to set my expectations for him to be a lot higher than just making the playoffs. I mean, Tebow did that, and won a playoff game. And Tebow hasn't even risen from the dead. Yet.

-QG

Honestly, if he can rise from the dead, I'm going to set my expectations for him to be a lot higher than just making the playoffs. I mean, Tebow did that, and won a playoff game. And Tebow hasn't even risen from the dead. Yet.

You have to understand how bad the tenure of his son has been overall.

-QG

-QG

Let's not say things you can't take back. Do you have any proof that he HAS NOT risen from the dead?

-QG

Let's not say things you can't take back. Do you have any proof that he HAS NOT risen from the dead?

Oh crap, I should have googled before making my statement. http://www.wunderground.wustl.edu/articles/volume_8/tebowrises.php

I get the OJ references (in that OJ walked when many, if not most, people thought he did it). A lot has changed in almost 20 years. So to re-engineer the OJ case with AH elements and play the what if game.

- Suppose police had texts between Nicole and her family and friends that OJ was coming to pick her and Ron up.

- Let's say that the white Bronco was tracked by GPS to and from Nicole's house and where the bodies were found, with multiple sources of video showing OJ as the driver.

- Throw in video of OJ outside McDonald's or home CCTV less than a mile from the crime scene where he is seen holding a knife at 3:33 AM when the murders were known to occur at 3:30 AM.

- Add in OJ being seen buying gum on video after picking up Nicole and say there was the same bubble gum with his DNA on it at the scene or in his house.

- Also factor in if OJ had another car in his garage that was tied to another double homicide.

Overlaying that type of evidence to the OJ case, would that make the prosecution's case stronger, weaker or the same?

This. If OJ had done what he had done in the age of iPhones and internet, I think it's much more likely he would have been convicted. They essentially have a minute by minute account of where Hernandez was that night, because of his iPhone. Hernandez can't even argue that his phone was stolen, because rather than ditch it, he chose to smash it. :wall:

This idea being implied in here, that circumstantial evidence is essentially worthless, is proposterous, especially when there is so much of it. Beyond that, there is physical evidence in the form of video, shell-casings, chewed gum, tire tracks, gravel in the wheel well, clothing, and text messages. The prosecution's case is incredibly strong. The level of carelessness displayed by Hernandez is mind-boggling.

There was a witness that saw O.J. driving the Bronco at an intersection. This was at the time frame just after the murders and between Nicole's house and O.J.'s house. The witness was never called by the prosecution.

Edited by N Zone

I get the OJ references (in that OJ walked when many, if not most, people thought he did it). A lot has changed in almost 20 years. So to re-engineer the OJ case with AH elements and play the what if game.

- Suppose police had texts between Nicole and her family and friends that OJ was coming to pick her and Ron up.

- Let's say that the white Bronco was tracked by GPS to and from Nicole's house and where the bodies were found, with multiple sources of video showing OJ as the driver.

- Throw in video of OJ outside McDonald's or home CCTV less than a mile from the crime scene where he is seen holding a knife at 3:33 AM when the murders were known to occur at 3:30 AM.

- Add in OJ being seen buying gum on video after picking up Nicole and say there was the same bubble gum with his DNA on it at the scene or in his house.

- Also factor in if OJ had another car in his garage that was tied to another double homicide.

Overlaying that type of evidence to the OJ case, would that make the prosecution's case stronger, weaker or the same?

This. If OJ had done what he had done in the age of iPhones and internet, I think it's much more likely he would have been convicted. They essentially have a minute by minute account of where Hernandez was that night, because of his iPhone. Hernandez can't even argue that his phone was stolen, because rather than ditch it, he chose to smash it. :wall:

This idea being implied in here, that circumstantial evidence is essentially worthless, is proposterous, especially when there is so much of it. Beyond that, there is physical evidence in the form of video, shell-casings, chewed gum, tire tracks, gravel in the wheel well, clothing, and text messages. The prosecution's case is incredibly strong. The level of carelessness displayed by Hernandez is mind-boggling.

1st thing he did when the police showed up was call his lawyer, then he smashed his phone... classic

Again, as far as AH goes, I think the police are only showing a smidge of their hand. For example, I would expect the police to have flagged down security tapes from all the businesses in the industrial park and gone back and found that no other cars came down that street for INSERT X NUMBER OF HOURS HERE and that all the traffic that came in that day had been accounted for and/or had already left.

That should eliminate the argument that someone other than the 3 survivors did it. Unless, of course, that some random shooter walked out of the woods completely out of view of the video cameras at exactly 3:30 AM and stumbled across 3 guys taking a whiz and he happened to unload a gun and all the bullets hit the same guy. Oh, and he ran off the exact same way he came in and the cameras didn't see him. I don't see any way that Hernandez' defense team can try to say he wasn't there.

And for all the talk that the guy that rolled over on AH is an unreliable witness because he has a rap sheet a mile long, the counter argument is then why else did AH call him? He's a GOON, as is his buddy. When you want to tussle, you don't call members of the debate society in their sports coats sipping cognac. You call street urchins.

Bristol County sheriff details Aaron Hernandez's new existence

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer
July 16, 2013 11:25 am ET

As former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez continues his time in jail while awaiting a trial on his murder charge, the Bristol County (Mass.) sheriff was forthcoming with the Boston Globe about Hernandez's new life behind bars.

And he gave us an interesting glimpse into the new reality that Hernandez must live with until a court decides on his guilt or innocence.

“This is not the Ritz,” said sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson.

Yes, it sounds brutal. As Hodgson tells the newspaper, Hernandez is locked in a 7-by-10 foot cell for 21 hours a day. The rest of his time is spent in the exercise yard, making collect phone calls and taking a hot shower. He doesn't have any physical contact with other inmates, mostly for his own safety.

Even so, it sounds as if Hernandez has made a good impression.

“He's been nothing but perfect,” Hodgson said. “I met with him when he first came in to lay the rules out. I said, ‘Here's the deal. You won't be treated any better or worse or get any special privileges here. If you have any issues or problems, tell command.' He was very polite and very respectful. He didn't seem nervous, he seemed very comfortable.”

The Globe also talked to other prisoners about Hernandez, and their responses were less than positive. One called him a bum, and another called him a punk.

But in an interest twist, Hernandez has a Patriots connection inside the prison walls. Drew Bledsoe's father, Mac Bledsoe, is an auxiliary sheriff in Bristol County, and he's been running a “Parenting with Dignity” program in the jail for the past 15 years. Considering Hernandez has a daughter who was born last November, Bledsoe told the paper he'd love to help Hernandez.

Hodgson said he's met with Hernandez twice since he's been incarcerated.

“He said, ‘I'm fine,''' said Hodgson. “He's basically adapting.”

Make sure to read this entire Globe piece. It's an interesting look at the new life Hernandez must lead for now.

Tom Brady to Tim Tebow in 2011: Florida teammates 'a lot to handle'

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
July 16, 2013 6:20 pm ET

When Tim Tebow and Tom Brady squared off in 2011 during the regular season (on CBS), it was a big deal. The Patriots and Broncos would meet later in the playoffs and in advance of that matchup, NFL Films put together a Sound FX piece detailing some of the best audio you didn't hear from the original matchup.

One interesting clip relating to Aaron Hernandez fell under the radar until the Orlando Sentinel unearthed it recently, with Brady telling Tebow that his former Florida teammates Hernandez and Brandon Spikes were "a lot to handle."

After congratulating Tebow on his great year and telling him that "good things happen to good people," Brady said, "I'm trying to watch over Aaron and Brandon, man."

"They're good guys man," Tebow responded.

Brady's response?

"They're a lot to handle."

This comment is sure to generate a question or two from the Boston media denizens, directed towards both Tebow and Brady. (When they're available.)

But it also begs the question of how long the Pats might have noticed the behavior of Hernandez, who's currently in jail after being arrested and charged with murder. We can't simply assume from this quote that the Pats should've known what Hernandez was doing (they feel "duped" after all) and it's much easier to notice this with the benefit of hindsight.

No one caught it when it aired, after all.

Tom Brady to Tim Tebow in 2011: Florida teammates 'a lot to handle'

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer
July 16, 2013 6:20 pm ET

When Tim Tebow and Tom Brady squared off in 2011 during the regular season (on CBS), it was a big deal. The Patriots and Broncos would meet later in the playoffs and in advance of that matchup, NFL Films put together a Sound FX piece detailing some of the best audio you didn't hear from the original matchup.

One interesting clip relating to Aaron Hernandez fell under the radar until the Orlando Sentinel unearthed it recently, with Brady telling Tebow that his former Florida teammates Hernandez and Brandon Spikes were "a lot to handle."

After congratulating Tebow on his great year and telling him that "good things happen to good people," Brady said, "I'm trying to watch over Aaron and Brandon, man."

"They're good guys man," Tebow responded.

Brady's response?

"They're a lot to handle."

This comment is sure to generate a question or two from the Boston media denizens, directed towards both Tebow and Brady. (When they're available.)

But it also begs the question of how long the Pats might have noticed the behavior of Hernandez, who's currently in jail after being arrested and charged with murder. We can't simply assume from this quote that the Pats should've known what Hernandez was doing (they feel "duped" after all) and it's much easier to notice this with the benefit of hindsight.

No one caught it when it aired, after all.

That is pretty interesting.

The quote I keep coming back to from Brady regarding Hernandez is (paraphrasing here) "No one loves football more than Aaron Hernandez". I think this was Brady trying to motivate Hernandez to stay straight. Watching this cut with Tebow, Brady obviously knew Hernandez was a problem.

Tom Brady on Aaron Hernandez: 'I have moved on'

By Marc Sessler

Around the League Writer

Plenty of people around the NFL have offered their opinions on Aaron Hernandez, but Tom Brady has kept mum. Until now.

In comments this week to SI's Peter King, the New England Patriots quarterback said he's focused solely on the future of the team, and not the drama surrounding his former tight end, charged last month with the murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

"I've seen a lot of things over 13 years," Brady said, "and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what's in the best interest of the team matters most. My job is to play quarterback, and I'm going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me."

Said Brady: "I have moved on. I'm focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal. I'm just excited to report to camp and see what we can accomplish as a team. The fate of our season will be determined by the players in our locker room -- nothing else."

Typical Brady: Laser focused on the task at hand and refusing to dwell on what he cannot control. Losing Hernandez strips the Patriots of a dynamic playmaker, but Brady inevitably will build chemistry with the players who remain. Predicting doom for this offense is in vogue of late, but also it's wildly premature.

As long as Brady's at the helm, New England will find a way.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

He's a shark stash in deep leagues, he's almost for sure done for 2013 but if/when he beats this, there are several landing spots for him that might pay big dividends. I mean, he's basically "free" now, so if anything happens it's all upside & profit. I could see him playing in Green Bay in a couple of years and a lot of people here would be clamoring to grab him then. At the worst he's a great throw-in on any dynasty trades at this point.

He's a shark stash in deep leagues, he's almost for sure done for 2013 but if/when he beats this, there are several landing spots for him that might pay big dividends. I mean, he's basically "free" now, so if anything happens it's all upside & profit. I could see him playing in Green Bay in a couple of years and a lot of people here would be clamoring to grab him then. At the worst he's a great throw-in on any dynasty trades at this point.

lol.

I am one of the types of people that is always all about "possibilities", but cmon, lol.

How deep a league we talking here?? 16 team 80 man rosters?

Not in a million years. This would be the least likely team. As TT likes to say "He's not Packer people."

Edited by KingPrawn

Some serious denial going on here.

Couldn't agree more. I just took him second in the prison fantasy league i'm in. I was surprised he didn't go first but the guy ahead of me took Rae Carruth.

Then he'll have this to deal with:

Prosecutors have begun making the case to a Suffolk County grand jury that former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez should be charged in the shooting death of two men on a South End street last July, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

“The case against Hernandez appears to be strengthening,” one of the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case publicly.

The proceedings are conducted behind closed doors so details of the case against Hernandez are unknown. But the very fact that the case has gone to a grand jury indicates that the investigation of the killing of two Cape Verdean immigrants is now more narrowly focused on Hernandez. Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu were shot early on July 16, 2012, in the South End when someone in a sport utility vehicle with Rhode Island license plates pulled up next to their car and began firing.

Not in a million years. This would be the least likely team. As TT likes to say "He's not Packer people."

Not Packer people? Ahhhhem. We respectfully disagree.

Sincerely,

Mark Chmura

Erik Walden

Al Harris

Ahmad Green

Nick Barnett

Johnny Jolly

Cedric Benson

Hernandez beating this is about as likely as you winning your league if you have made similar shark stash moves.

I just watched the Belichek conference and was very surprised that Bill was as open as he was. I figured he would snap at every question and only be willing to talk about people on the roster.

I didn't really think Belichick was all that open. Refused to answer any question that used the word 'Hernandez'. About the only thing I walked away from it with was the impression he doesn't plan on changing much because of what happened. He sort of let it slip before remembering to go back to the pat answer that they review their processes regularly.

I thought whoever wrote the recited speech did a good job though.

lol.

I am one of the types of people that is always all about "possibilities", but cmon, lol.

How deep a league we talking here?? 16 team 80 man rosters?

You're all in denial. I'm not even the only one saying this. Sportsline has this as their current news/analysis item on AH:

With legal issues looming it's very likely he will not play football in 2013. Fantasy owners should pass on Hernandez in seasonal leagues and consider him with a very late-round pick in deep dynasty/keeper leagues just in case he manages to work his way back into the NFL some day.

Additional Hernandez evidence mentioned in the hearing:

* Ammunition consistent with caliber used in murder found AH's apartment. His fingerprints on the box.

* Ballistics found the murder weapon to be a .45 Glock.

* Humvee owned by AH with his prints on gearshift, contained a magazine for a .45 Glock.

I didn't really think Belichick was all that open. Refused to answer any question that used the word 'Hernandez'. About the only thing I walked away from it with was the impression he doesn't plan on changing much because of what happened. He sort of let it slip before remembering to go back to the pat answer that they review their processes regularly.

:goodposting:

Complete waste of time. What a surprise.

Reporter: "Bob Kraft has said that he felt 'duped' by Hernandez. Do YOU feel duped by Hernandez?"

Bill: "I can't comment on players in an ongoing legal process {blah blah blah puke blah blah blah}....."

:rolleyes:

But it was perfectly fine for the owner to comment on it. What a joke.

Edited by Raider Nation

can't comment on an ongoing legal process?

why not?

In theory, if anyone associated with the team admits to prior knowledge, poor screening processes, they knew things and never came forward before, during, or after the investigation, etc. they could be both potentially charged (unlikely) or named as a party in a civil suit by the family of the victim(s?). That would also open them up to be deposed, other search warrants being issued, and otherwise become a major distraction as the team tries to move on and prepare for the upcoming season. It is not in the team's best interest for anyone to say anything about AH and just clam up and move on.

why not?

In theory, if anyone associated with the team admits to prior knowledge, poor screening processes, they knew things and never came forward before, during, or after the investigation, etc. they could be both potentially charged (unlikely) or named as a party in a civil suit by the family of the victim(s?). That would also open them up to be deposed, other search warrants being issued, and otherwise become a major distraction as the team tries to move on and prepare for the upcoming season. It is not in the team's best interest for anyone to say anything about AH and just clam up and move on.

Sorry, but that's horsebleep in reference to the question I posted that he sidestepped.

"Yes, I felt duped."

The End.

:goodposting:

Complete waste of time. What a surprise.

Reporter: "Bob Kraft has said that he felt 'duped' by Hernandez. Do YOU feel duped by Hernandez?"

Bill: "I can't comment on players in an ongoing legal process {blah blah blah puke blah blah blah}....."

:rolleyes:

But it was perfectly fine for the owner to comment on it. What a joke.

Didn't the NFL offices ask Kraft to stop commenting on Hernandez after he made the duped comment?

If Kraft requested Belicheck not to comment then he doesn't comment. Kraft is his boss.

The speech was the right move. He got it out of the way before training camp, didn't really say anything, didn't take questions. A non-event that clears the deck to say next time that he's already responded as much as planned. :shrug:

why not?

Sorry, but that's horsebleep in reference to the question I posted that he sidestepped.

"Yes, I felt duped."

The End.

Suppose he didn't feel duped and instead had an entire dossier on Hernandez. And suppose other people can prove Kraft and BB knew more than they were telling. I tend to agree with you, but they really are better off not saying anything. That way, they can't be accused of lying, misinforming, have what they said introduced into the court case(s), etc.

Not sure why the prosecution needed to get an extension for a probable cause hearing. What they have and already revealed is not enough?

Is it for the other case? Didn't we already have that at the arraignment for Odin's death?

Not sure why the prosecution needed to get an extension for a probable cause hearing. What they have and already revealed is not enough?

Is it for the other case? Didn't we already have that at the arraignment for Odin's death?

Looks like it's the single homicide case . . . http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-patriot-hernandez-due-court-062849096--nfl.html

Not sure why the prosecution needed to get an extension for a probable cause hearing.

Need more time to manufacture more evidence, and coerce the actual killers into naming the high-profile pelt they want on their wall.

Not sure why the prosecution needed to get an extension for a probable cause hearing.

Need more time to manufacture more evidence, and coerce the actual killers into naming the high-profile pelt they want on their wall.

:fishing: