Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShaHBucks

Official Latavius Murray - top 5 RB 2013 class

I’ve got Latavius as a sneaky start today. Maybe because he’s all I got with Henry sitting. But I could see the Saints leaning on the run game heavily today in a game that the titans have virtually given up on.

Fearless prediction. 80 yards rushing. 2 tds. 40 yards receiving.

Edited by VikingFrog
What the hell, I’ll throw out a prediction

What’s the story with Murray heading into the 2020 season? 1a and 1b with Alvin? Murray played very well when given the opportunity to carry the load last year and Kamara lacked the explosiveness we saw his first two seasons. 

• Like 1

He averaged a little over 11 touches a game on the season, he averaged about 10 touches a game after Kamara returned from injury.  I suspect around 10 touches a game is reasonable with 2-3 catches a game making up part of the 10.  He's a pretty elite handcuff with some stand alone value.  He hasn't had less than 6 TD's in the last 5 seasons across Oakland, MN, NO.  

He becomes arguably an RB1 if Kamara is down.  In the 2 games Kamara missed, he had 48 rushes, 221 yards, 14 receptions, 86 yards and 4 total TD's.  Seems like he's going dirt cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

What’s the story with Murray heading into the 2020 season? 1a and 1b with Alvin? Murray played very well when given the opportunity to carry the load last year and Kamara lacked the explosiveness we saw his first two seasons. 

He's one of the top handcuffs.  Not a 1b.

3 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

He's one of the top handcuffs.  Not a 1b.

eh, he had less than 30 fewer carries than Kamara on the season. The passing game is where AK sees definitively more action 43 tgts vs 97

Id say he is more than a hand cuff because he has weekly value, not just value if Ak is injured.

Even still AK is just very efficient with his touches. So add efficiency to his already higher total ( 252 vs 180 for Murray ) and he is clearly the focal point of the offense, Id still hesitate to call him a cuff tho

• Like 1

Latavius Murray game logs

Alvin Kamara game logs

AK missed games 7 and 8 of the 2019 season. 

In games 7 and 8 when Kamara was out Murray had 48 rushing attempts and 18 targets,  This was 33% of his rushing attempts and 41% of his total targets for the season.

He is a handcuff to AK and a COP when he is healthy but not one you would think about starting. He averaged 9 opportunities per game in the 14 games that AK did play.. 30 rushing yards and 10 receiving yards per game.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1