What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones themed Dynasty League? (1 Viewer)

TrashtalkFF

Footballguy
I am looking to create a 12 team start up Dynasty league with a Game of Thrones theme. Page design, logos, banners, team names etc etc. Obviously you have to be a huge nerd in both FF and GOT realms. It would be a standard PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 D/ST and 1 K.

The point systems and league fees/payouts would be determined if interest is substantial enough to fill it.

and of course, league safe and MFL would be used.

@TrashTalkFF

It's okay to take your Bruins avatar down now

<<<<<<< My guy Patrick Kane took care of that

(sorry for being a troll)

All of my teams are already called House Bellwood :P I'm not sure I'm a huge GoT nerd but I've read all the books (loved 'em) I'd be interested, any chance of adding another flex or two? All my leagues have 9-10 starts and I'd like to go a bit deeper?

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 TE 1 Flex RB/WR 1 Flex WR/TE Def K ?

I don't know about others but I don't have the desire nor need to join a 32 team league like that. If that's what people go for I'll back out! (I have enough leagues so if people want that then go for it!)

Was sitting here at work thinking a bit about this league. As a nerd in both the ASOIAF world and FF, this league is pretty optimal.

Regarding the team names in the league, I think we should take inspriation from Jon (Greatjon?) and have house names as team names. The next question is then: what houses?

Should people be left to their own devices and choose their favorite house? The plus is obvious as we all like freedom, but for a nerd, the possible event that one of the nine major Westerosi houses would be left out is a little unsettling. Therefore, I have thought a bit about what 12 house names that could be used in the league.

We have the nine obvious:

1. Arryn

2. Baratheon

3. Greyjoy

4. Lannister

5. Martell

6. Starks

7. Targaryen

8. Tully

9. Tyrell

Then it gets tricky, as we need to consider whether people have read the books or not - the choice of house names would perhaps indicate the future importance of a particular house. In this case, we also need to consider whether we want to include houses that are pure evil, but still prominent in the story (Frey and Bolton). I mean, who wants to play as those guys? Another question is whether to include house names that are strongly tied to only one character or person, such as Baelish, Seaworth or Bronn, or just have houses more grounded in the mythology and history of Westeros.

Another possibility is to include The Night's Watch as a team if people are up for that. Would certainly help in division alignment as the North division is likely to very Southern. Similarily, one could play as the Maesters.

My proposal of houses to include apart from the nine obvious would first be (Dayne) as they are one of my personal favs, historically important and generally accepted to be awesome. They also have a fairly particular color scheme. However, it might not be very interesting for people only watching the show. The last point goes for another houses I find fascinating, namely the Housse of (Hightower and Blackfyre).

Some compromise suggestions to accomodate TV watchers would therefore be Mormont, Reed, Tarth, Clegane and Dondarrion. These are not as cool as the ones in the spoiler-safe parentheses though.

Very nerdy, but would enjoy a discussion of this. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in this, as I've loved the books for some time. I'm also curious though on the stakes and such.

I am very very very interested in this league. Huge fan of GOT as well as FF. Would be so much fun talking smack and involving thrones lingo. To the old and the new!

I'm very interested as well. Love the books and the show, as well as FF.

Interested to know the cost.

Looks like the commish has disappeared, there still seems to be a few interested in this, anyone else fancy it? And any experienced commishes also GoT fans?

I created a league like this, and need 3 owners.

• House Arryn
  • House
    Tyrell
  • The Free Folk
Here's the league set up

• 12 team dynasty league over 4 divisions
  • Custom scoring to include return yardage
  • Salary cap & multi-year player contracts
  • Live rookie draft followed by an auction draft
  • Tradeble draft picks
  • Rosters up to 35, including IDP
  • 8 person taxi squad
  • 2 person IR
League set up on MyFantasyLeague. Check it out so far.

Entry fee is $50 with the league being paid for out of the pot and the rest split between winner, runner up and maybe third. So from each entry fee, $7.50 goes towards the league cost, then the remaining goes into winnings (I'll use Leaguesafe). That would mean that the winning pot is $510.

• $300 for winner
  • $140 for runner up
  • $70 for third
If you are interested, PM me, reply to this or send an email to hello@domioanna.com, I can invite you straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread