What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

Need a QB...thinking of dropping Vick (I just don't seem him playing again) for Roth. Pryor is my other QB and he is questionable.

Need a QB...thinking of dropping Vick (I just don't seem him playing again) for Roth. Pryor is my other QB and he is questionable.
Lots of good choices this week. I like Roth's matchup. Tanneyhill has a nice matchup too. McCown could be solid. Fitz and EJ are two rushing options. Campbell seems to be good for 20 points a week.

Note that this is why Ref said to wait on QB during the draft. After Brees, Manning, and Stafford, you have 10-15 guys averaging 19-20 pts a week and many of those sittting on the wire.

Just looked at me opponents for the week. Geez...Walker, Fleener, CJ2k, and most every shrub D has one or two TDs already.

Could be looking at something special this week (average spot to the right, then net above average))

#3 Sweet Love 4.5 +1.5

#6 Stikin Ref 12.5 +6.5

#16 Ruds 20.5 +4.5

#17 old Mil 28.5 +10.5

#24 Bnb 36.5 +12.5

#34 Holloway 44.5 +10.5

#36 Duckboy 52.5 +16.5

#49 Clash 60.5 +11.5

#60 Broncos 68.5 +8.5

#69 Sinrman 76.5 +7.5

#85 Gringo 84.5 -0.5

#91 Rene 92.5 +1.5

Assuming even schedule distribution and Monday Nite players, we're looking at 50-51 wins.

persoanlly I'm going to be somewhere between 4-3 and 6-1.

Also wanted to add that we have a couple of owners carrying multiple IR guys and one starting a player who was obviously out. How should we hanlde this as its impacting the team standings.

I personally vote for the commish stepping in and assisting these type of teams.

Also wanted to add that we have a couple of owners carrying multiple IR guys and one starting a player who was obviously out. How should we hanlde this as its impacting the team standings.

I personally vote for the commish stepping in and assisting these type of teams.
:thumbdown:

Calling out other boards is one thing, calling out teammates another.

Let's remember its a game played for fun. I have previously missed setting a lineup, a waiver wire deadline ect.,.ect. Many owners have multiple fantasy leagues, and of course real life situations needing attention.

That being said, I believe we could implement some changes that could bring out the best of the Football Guys Team. Rene has his plate full acting as team commish, asking more of him might prove quite time consuming. My suggestion would be to use the buddy system. Buddy up with another teammate, swapping email, phone #s and passwords.

Then, of course the key is to communicate. Drop a text, email or phone call weekly to solicite and give an opinion or advise.

My :2cents:

ETA Who wants to be my buddy?

ETAA Sorry to be so blunt Bass, appreciate all you give and do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good choices this week. I like Roth's matchup. Tanneyhill has a nice matchup too. McCown could be solid. Fitz and EJ are two rushing options. Campbell seems to be good for 20 points a week.

Note that this is why Ref said to wait on QB during the draft. After Brees, Manning, and Stafford, you have 10-15 guys averaging 19-20 pts a week and many of those sittting on the wire.
Nice call...that worked out well. Interesting to see what my team can do with a QB getting points. I had a mid-season snafu that killed me where I started Vick one week (he got hurt and got like 3 points), went with someone else who got me like 7 points (first game Foles did well), got Foles and started him and he got hurt, dropped him and went to someone else...just a disaster. I honestly think I am going to stick to Roth going forward and see if I can find another QB on the WW...my back up is Pryor and I can already forsee the McGloin talks...

Thumbs up to the buddy system. I inadvertently started Fleener this week as I had to last week with Gronk out, so I chose Graham over Gronk for my last pick as I failed to set the line-up before the Thursday night game. Fortunately Fleener did ok.

My wide receivers have been a disaster all year and I am holding Cobb hoping that he may return and play.

Let's remember its a game played for fun. I have previously missed setting a lineup, a waiver wire deadline ect.,.ect. Many owners have multiple fantasy leagues, and of course real life situations needing attention.

That being said, I believe we could implement some changes that could bring out the best of the Football Guys Team. Rene has his plate full acting as team commish, asking more of him might prove quite time consuming. My suggestion would be to use the buddy system. Buddy up with another teammate, swapping email, phone #s and passwords.

Then, of course the key is to communicate. Drop a text, email or phone call weekly to solicite and give an opinion or advise.

I didn't specifically call anyone out, but did see an issue that can be addressed if the board title is the goal here. Sorry if that came off the wrong way. A game or two here or there could end up being important down the road. If things hold up this week, our board is going to be back in the hunt.

You make a good point on the buddy system.

Is there any way to look at other owner's lineups in advance? We've had a couple of people get tripped up with Thursday starts. I'm just not sure short of having another owner's password how to see if a lineup is set before Thursday.

Is anyone going to be around tonight to help out with my lineup?

I'm at 122.46 with a choice of Ridley/Vereen. I just changed my lineup from Vereen to Ridley. 9 yards from Ridley gets me a 5th win for the week so I don't want to risk Verren not being activiated. That said, if he's a late active I think I should play him. The other two games in doubt have 124.9 + Brady (lost cause) and 89.9 + Brady + Olsen. I think playing Vereen would be a better hedge to get the 6th win. Even with Ridley on my bench, any TD he gets is one that Brady doesn't

I don't think BnB meant to call out anyone (but I get your point). If there are players on IR being started, even stepping in and removing that player from the lineup and inserting someone without a bye and just leaving them there would be better than getting no points.

I'm at 122.46 with a choice of Ridley/Vereen. I just changed my lineup from Vereen to Ridley. 9 yards from Ridley gets me a 5th win for the week so I don't want to risk Verren not being activiated. That said, if he's a late active I think I should play him. The other two games in doubt have 124.9 + Brady (lost cause) and 89.9 + Brady + Olsen. I think playing Vereen would be a better hedge to get the 6th win. Even with Ridley on my bench, any TD he gets is one that Brady doesn't
Hmmm...I think that I personally would go with Ridley. You are in the upper tier, and 5 win weeks will keep you there. I guess this is a question for everyone, but once you are in a specific tier, does it matter whether you are at the top or bottom? I ask, because maybe the top guys should be making conservative moves and conversely, maybe the bottom tier guys should be sitting the Trent Richardsons for more upside guys. Just a strategy thought.

BnB, would love to help but we are moving tomorrow and I am going to be pressed to help.

Chris

I don't think BnB meant to call out anyone (but I get your point). If there are players on IR being started, even stepping in and removing that player from the lineup and inserting someone without a bye and just leaving them there would be better than getting no points.
I don 't think we had any IR starters, just a player or two who were listed as out as I recall.

The IR comment pertains more to rostered players. I don't see the reason to keep Bradford or Julio (made up examples) on your roster. Even if you don't need a player or the wire to start, having them on your roster keeps them out of someone elses hands. There are 3 Bryce Browns on the waiver wire. If McCoy's injury had been serious, having him could have been huge.

Hmmm...I think that I personally would go with Ridley. You are in the upper tier, and 5 win weeks will keep you there. I guess this is a question for everyone, but once you are in a specific tier, does it matter whether you are at the top or bottom? I ask, because maybe the top guys should be making conservative moves and conversely, maybe the bottom tier guys should be sitting the Trent Richardsons for more upside guys. Just a strategy thought.

BnB, would love to help but we are moving tomorrow and I am going to be pressed to help.

Chris
Correct on the tiering. Everyone in the upper tier will start off the last 4 weeks at 0-0.

Great point on this impacting lineup decisions. If you're 2 games away from the next tier, you should probably swing for the fences and roll out a lineup capable of going 7-0.

I can help out tonight if needed.

I like your thinking with who you are playing.

Ouch.......just went to set my line up.

:jawdrop:

Really wish I had that buddy reminding me of my impending bye week hell. :ptts:

Need to pull a starting WR or TE off the waiver wire!

Putting in for Walker, Graham or McCluster, but I doubt I'll get any of those.

Thoughts on any others?

Anyone cutting a serviceable one loose?

Quick question...not sure when the trade deadline is, but it seems to last forever. How does my team look? Any tweaking suggested or should I just stand pat?

Pryor, Terrelle OAK QB (Q) 145.16 7 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 190.24 5 Ball, Montee DEN RB ® 49.60 9 Hillis, Peyton NYG RB 33.70 9 McCoy, LeSean PHI RB (P) 210.80 12 Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB (Q) 113.10 6 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 151.20 7 Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 112.90 12 Hilton, T.Y. IND WR 148.30 8 Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 198.50 12 Stills, Kenny NOS WR ® 89.20 7 Welker, Wes DEN WR (Q) 179.80 9 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 131.00 8 Clay, Charles MIA TE 120.90 6 Witten, Jason DAL TE 124.20 11 Akers, David DET PK 75.00 9 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 116.00 11 Jets, New York NYJ Def 60.00 10 Roth is the #12 QB (and 18 points behind Cam who is #6), McCoy and Thomas are both in the top 10, Welker, D-Jax, Hilton and Wright are all in the top 22, and Clay/Witten are the #7 and #8 ranked TEs. Not sure whether I should try to package two up for an upgrade somewhere else, but I do have a little depth...problem is, I need that depth this week for D-Jax and McCoy on bye.

Sweet Love - I think you're looking pretty good. Most everyone on the board is looking to package two for one to upgrade. I've had little luck getting guys at the bottom needing two for one to even respond to an offer. The most active guys are the ones doing the best and looking to do the same thing as you. I'd take a hard look at Roth's schedule and see if pursuing an add'l QB might help. You might be able to move Wright for a quality QB.

Week 12 Free Agents

QB

Palmer - Nice option for the next two weeks against Indy/Philly and maybe STL.

McCown - Don't know how long Cutler will be out, but he has some juicy matchups after STL this week.

Campbell - 2 weeks over 20 pts, last week the weather and Cinny could be the reason for the off week.

RB

Rainey - No need to comment further

Brown and Ball - The two best backups situations I see

WR

Goodwin - Can probably wait until next week but monitor the healthy situations of the starters.

Streater - Someone to keep an eye on.

McCluster - Only if you're scraping for points

DHB - I still have a sliver of hope for him

TE

Walker - On a roll the last couple of weeks

Graham - Fool me once???

K

Bailey and Dawson jump out to me.

D

Looks bleak. I may cut the Titans this week to get one of the guys above.

Quick question...not sure when the trade deadline is, but it seems to last forever. How does my team look? Any tweaking suggested or should I just stand pat?

Pryor, Terrelle OAK QB (Q) 145.16 7 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 190.24 5 Ball, Montee DEN RB ® 49.60 9 Hillis, Peyton NYG RB 33.70 9 McCoy, LeSean PHI RB (P) 210.80 12 Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB (Q) 113.10 6 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 151.20 7 Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 112.90 12 Hilton, T.Y. IND WR 148.30 8 Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 198.50 12 Stills, Kenny NOS WR ® 89.20 7 Welker, Wes DEN WR (Q) 179.80 9 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 131.00 8 Clay, Charles MIA TE 120.90 6 Witten, Jason DAL TE 124.20 11 Akers, David DET PK 75.00 9 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 116.00 11 Jets, New York NYJ Def 60.00 10Roth is the #12 QB (and 18 points behind Cam who is #6), McCoy and Thomas are both in the top 10, Welker, D-Jax, Hilton and Wright are all in the top 22, and Clay/Witten are the #7 and #8 ranked TEs. Not sure whether I should try to package two up for an upgrade somewhere else, but I do have a little depth...problem is, I need that depth this week for D-Jax and McCoy on bye.
if anything maybe look at adding a DST.....STL

Ride Ben....and I would look at adding Campbell/Palmer/McCown instead of Pryor

otherwise hold tight and kick ###...

Been a little busy with my new job the past two weeks, but I've been glad to see the interest/discussion in here more lively than in years past. Was also very glad to see us rebounding a bit this week with 50+ wins.

It would be next to impossible for me to double check everyone's lineups with my schedule nowadays, especially on Thursdays. I have made a habit of following up on Sweet's per his request a month ago, and I double checked a few Sunday morning without anything jumping out at me (no bye week starters), but haven't looked very closely at rosters other than my own.

We are getting close to the playoffs now though, and this is the time to make sure you have your weak spots shored up. I know I have a bid in for Rainey, but should be ok if I don't land him. My team should be set to be at least competitive in the second tier.

I
Is there any way to look at other owner's lineups in advance? We've had a couple of people get tripped up with Thursday starts. I'm just not sure short of having another owner's password how to see if a lineup is set before Thursday.
I have been playing around with MFL and see no way pass this. There seems to be no way to see a lineup for another team, prior to the start of the weeks games.

I
I have been playing around with MFL and see no way pass this. There seems to be no way to see a lineup for another team, prior to the start of the weeks games.
Sweet Love is the only onwer that hasn't been logged out in the last 2 days. He posted here and he doesn't have any players that look like they would be starting tonite so he should be good to go.

Hey guys,

I have been able to check more frequently than I originally thought (appreciate you all watching my back). We find out today whether my wife needs chemo, but beyond that, we are in good shape.

I may look into that Denver DEF...and another QB.

Hey guys,

I'm locked out...does anyone remember what the original password to get on the IBL main site was? I don't think I ever changed it, but can't remember what it was.

Hey guys,

I'm locked out...does anyone remember what the original password to get on the IBL main site was? I don't think I ever changed it, but can't remember what it was.
try FBGs#1

or

FBG2013

or

fbg2013

those in dire need of a plug and play RB might take a look at Gerhart.....gut tells me ADP might take a week off.....groin injuries are no joke....

Sweet Love said:
This whole early trigger on the WW is gonna cause issues.
they made a decision not to do anything....I think they are giving the guilty parties a little too much benefit of the doubt....everybody knows when the window opens.....and if you are a Moreno owner looking to handcuff (Ball) or even an owner just trying to plug and play Ball, I'm not real sure you are sold on the "marginal talent" angle....same could be said for Lamar Miller really.....had there been other versions available it might be a little different....but Jaysports got the last versions of both I believe.....

I could give a rats butt cause I have no interest in either so I ain't gonna complain.....but I would understand if some did

Clash and Duckboy haven't submitted lineups for thw week. Clash will be fine as he has no one going tonite but has Dez on his bench. Duckboy is going to get stuck with Rodgers tonite. Not sure if anyone here can fix that.

I took a quick look at DUckboys lineup. HIs only other viable option was Tavon Austin...not an obvious upgrade from Rodgers, so I left it alone for now.

I took a quick look at DUckboys lineup. HIs only other viable option was Tavon Austin...not an obvious upgrade from Rodgers, so I left it alone for now.
Rooting for Rodgers. Duckboy is one game out of bumping up a tier. Really need for him, Ruds, Bron1cos, and Holloway to move up a tier this week.

Dodds :wub: recommend Tiquan Underwood as the best available free agent to grab and play for team Old Milwaukee.

:moneybag:

7-0

Dodds :wub: recommend Tiquan Underwood as the best available free agent to grab and play for team Old Milwaukee.

7-0
Nice week!

So far I am 2-2 and have the following

Morris + Boldin - 23 points (I am up by 23 going into the game)

Gore - 27 points

RGIII + Garcon - 33 points

I like the Gore odds, the other two are too close to call. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Pretty realistic I walk away 4-3, but would love that 5-2 mark on the week.

7-0
Congrats.

I finished 10 points behind you and am looking at 1-3 wins.

We probably lost any chance at the team title this we as we lost huge ground to the three teams in front of us.

Users who are viewing this thread