What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

Clash really needs 15 from Gore. Currently looking at 0 wins and possibly dropping out of the championship tier.

I went 4-3...missed 5-2 by 4 points. We really need to catch up (we are pretty far behind). Get those lineups set, boys.

Dissapointing finish to the regular season, but we're still very much in it thanks to having multiple guys in the top tier. Waivers will run this week, but be aware that FCFS will open a little earlier than normal on Thursday morning. I'm off the rest of the week except for Friday, so let me know if anyone needs help with anything

Thoughts on my current line up?

Stafford

McCoy

P. Thomas

Boykin

AJ Green

D Jackson

Witten

Hauschka

Seahawks

Benching: A. Morris, Hartline, S. Johnson, T. Underwood, Chandler, Succop, Pats

Thoughts on my current line up?

Stafford

McCoy

P. Thomas

Boykin

AJ Green

D Jackson

Witten

Hauschka

Seahawks

Benching: A. Morris, Hartline, S. Johnson, T. Underwood, Chandler, Succop, Pats
Very nice team...I guess I have not been paying too much attention, but is Boykin a better play than Underwood?

Clash, Sweet Love, Ruds don't have lineups in.

Gringo is starting a guy who is out and plays today.

Ruds is starting Jennings by defualt but one of our other owners is starting McFadden. I'm not following the OAK RB situation but something seems amiss here. Nicks is in there from last week when he was a no go.

Clash's default looks good.

Sweet Love has McCoy and DJax on the bench but time to adjust.

Clash, Sweet Love, Ruds don't have lineups in.

Gringo is starting a guy who is out and plays today.

Ruds is starting Jennings by defualt but one of our other owners is starting McFadden. I'm not following the OAK RB situation but something seems amiss here. Nicks is in there from last week when he was a no go.

Clash's default looks good.

Sweet Love has McCoy and DJax on the bench but time to adjust.
I took a quick look at everyones lineup a little while ago. FIxed Gringo's lineup (swapped out the non-starter). The McFadden one caught my eye, but the only other option for him was Ball. WOuld have made that move, but half his roster is hurt and there's a non-zero chance he'll have to move Ball in for somebody else by Sunday 1 PM

Got my lineup straight in time...very underwhelming scoring thus far...4 points from Dallas Def, 8 from Akers, and 8.3(?) from Witten (that one hurts)...Big Ben did get me 19 points and for someone who feels strong in every area BUT QB, I am fine with his score. Still have McCoy, P. Thomas, D-Jax, Wright and Welker to go...would love 85+ points from them, but that may be too much to ask for.

I am kind of clueless on how to find tiers, matchups, etc.....and still not sure if there is a way to actually see our "matchups".....but going off who I think I play according to the "schedule" tab on my homepage.....going to go 5-1 with a decent shot at 6-0....

me at 142 + SEA DST.....he has 119 with Wilson/Hartley

good luck fellas

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been in the bottom tier before. Do they even count? If so, I have a chance to be 5-1 this week.

Fortunately we didn't lose a ton of ground. Unfortunately we're still giving away wins starting inactive players.

My fault with starting Ellington. I wasn't able to make it to a computer/phone when I heard he was out. Wouldn't have made a huge difference though since I would have started Sproles.

Three weeks left, no reason to be carrying IR guys. It's good to have viable options with late season weather and wear/tear accumulating.

Ace Sanders has 3 consecutive double digit point weeks.

Stills is available. Carolina is weak against fast deep ball WRs. This may be an ideal play for someone needing some juice for a big score.

Hopkins could make a late surge.

Terrance Williams is still getting targets and has a soft schedule.

These TEs have back to back double digit weeks - Myers, Miller. Fasano and Green have 3 consecutive double digit weeks.

Maybe be chasing points at kicker but overall #3, #6, and #8 are available. I like Walsh the next two weeks and Tucker the next 3 weeks.

Dodds has RG3 significantly higher than Romo. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger with RG3 playing a peeed off KC D. Dallas plays Chicaog Monday Nite. Hate to put all all my eggs in that basket but here's how I'm leaning.

QB - Romo (RG3 bench)

RB - Murray / Vereen (SJax/Ridley/Bell bench)

WR - CJ / Dez / Jeffrey (Moore/Matthew/Burleson bench)

TE - Witten (Cameron bench)

D/K - Denver and Prater (unless I snag Tucker)

Dodds has RG3 significantly higher than Romo. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger with RG3 playing a peeed off KC D. Dallas plays Chicaog Monday Nite. Hate to put all all my eggs in that basket but here's how I'm leaning.

QB - Romo (RG3 bench)

Dodds is nuts...no way I'd go RG3 over Romo right now

renesauz said:
BassNBrew said:

QB - Romo (RG3 bench)

Dodds is nuts...no way I'd go RG3 over Romo right now
as a KC fan....our D has been getting SHREDDED.....

we can't stop crossing routes.....we give up plays over the top.....and KC still hasn't realized there is a reason SF let Cooper go......that guy is killing us

while I was jacking around making some worthless lateral moves in IBL....I was sniffing around at PK....and while Vinny was great last week, he is at CIN this week and not sure I love that....with the arctic weather moving across the country I haven't really checked all the forecast, but with PK's I like to start with dome guys anyway when taking a look this time of year.....

if you don't count AZ...only one game in a dome this week.......hmmmmm

next week theres like 5......

might drop vinny and roll with Gano this week....little extra fun watching the sunday nighter

while I was jacking around making some worthless lateral moves in IBL....I was sniffing around at PK....and while Vinny was great last week, he is at CIN this week and not sure I love that....with the arctic weather moving across the country I haven't really checked all the forecast, but with PK's I like to start with dome guys anyway when taking a look this time of year.....

if you don't count AZ...only one game in a dome this week.......hmmmmm

next week theres like 5......

might drop vinny and roll with Gano this week....little extra fun watching the sunday nighter
I was thinking about this too. Prater has been boom or bust on the FGs. Chance of snow in Denver this weekend and cold. I got Tucker in waivers but cut him for Bailey. Bailey is sort of a hedge with the rest of my Cowboy players. Bailey is now in my lineup.

Monday night should be interesting. I'll have 6 players going. I'll likely have the lowest score ever rolling into the last game of the week.

I am just sick...subbed out Charles Clay and D-Jackson with five minutes to go for Pierre Thomas and TY Hilton due to the weather...paralysis by over analysis...sorry guys, tried to make a "heady move" and it totally backfired...just need Thomas to go off to get back some of those bench points.

Started out strong across the board except WR and was never able to get even respectable scoring at WR. On top if that kept losing my productive players and fell to bear the bottom of the pile. Apologies for the poor squad.

Started out strong across the board except WR and was never able to get even respectable scoring at WR. On top if that kept losing my productive players and fell to bear the bottom of the pile. Apologies for the poor squad.
this was your roster after the draft....

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice

10 Chris Givens

11 Cordarelle Patterson

12 Dustin Keller

13 Kennan Allen

14 Ryan Tannehill

15 Rams DST

16 Kenny Stills

17 Andre Roberts

18 Josh Brown

kinda saw this coming....no wr until round 6....see that Allen is no longer on your roster....?....did you drop him or trade him

4 of first 8 picks were RB.....next year you better take some ####### wr's early or I will personally hunt you down and punch you in the stones....

Tanked hard this week to fall from first to 5 or so games back. Vereen was all that I expect and then some, CJ and Witten tanking killed me.

this was your roster after the draft....

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice

10 Chris Givens

11 Cordarelle Patterson

12 Dustin Keller

13 Kennan Allen

14 Ryan Tannehill

15 Rams DST

16 Kenny Stills

17 Andre Roberts

18 Josh Brown

kinda saw this coming....no wr until round 6....see that Allen is no longer on your roster....?....did you drop him or trade him

4 of first 8 picks were RB.....next year you better take some ####### wr's early or I will personally hunt you down and punch you in the stones....
Yeah, this league is too hard to overcome without WRs...I may have overcompensated with Kendall Wright as my WR5, but when I lost Julio, I needed it. IIRC, there was wicked buzz around Miles Austin and how he was a major steal (WR2 in WR3 clothing), but he has been awful. I am guessing he dropped Allen...I think Allen put up a few goose eggs early, and I know for a fact I dropped him early in one of my $ leagues.

Let's put this QB thing to rest for those returning next year...

I'll give you that Manning is a stud. In this league he's producing at 10 ppg over waiver wire fodder at 28 ppg. That advantage is the a little less that the drop from WR1 to WR25. Brees with all his studliness is at 23.5. WR3 thru WR15 all fall within a 5 ppg window. Actually that number climbs from 13 QBs to 16-18 QBs if you include Vick/Foles, Rodgers, and Culter/McCown.

Here's waiver wire composite QB that average 25.52 this year, good for QB2 overall. Note that these are guys who were totally underclaimed for the week that I used their score. I may have miss a few higher scores but didn't want to risk disrespecting Manning.

1 Rivers 25.6

2 Manual 18.14

3 Locker 28.76

4 Tannehill 18.14

5 Fitz 25.88

6 Foles 30.04

7 Locker 23.94

8 Smith 21.00

9 Foles 45.64

10 Fitz 25.86

11 Smith 22.4

12 Fitz 23.40

13 Fitz 23.44

14 Flacco 25.00

two things I wish this league would do just cause it's in my comfort zone...

1. 6 pts per passing TD instead of 4

2. ability to start 3 RB's

WR's are just a little too precious under the current format and I think adding at least one of these would even things out a little...

just my two cents

just throwing this out there, so take it for what it's worth....

but if there are any of you maybe needing to add a little pop to your lineup, you might consider grabbing Tamme.....there are still some versions of him available......

he played on 45 of 46 snaps last week wehn Welker went out and he WILL be the slot receiver tonight and next week....with the previous history here with Manning and Tamme knowing the playobook, the short week should NOT be an issue....

I picked him up and am contemplating rolling with him over one of my TE's....Cameron or Davis....I know it may seem crazy, but in PPR Tamme could have a LARGE night for a TE...anybody in that offense getting targets from Manning is worth a sniff....over/under up to about 57 right now.....there's points to be had here tonight....this ain't your normal Thursday night stinker....and if he somehow found the endzone.....gravy

at this point we ain't got nothing to lose.....good luck

and if nothing else grab him and keep him off of somebody's else's roster before the pregame hype gets too crazy...

WR's are just a little too precious under the current format and I think adding at least one of these would even things out a little...

just my two cents
tend to agree with the WR value argument, and it will be discussed in the off-season.

We had a great start, but just couldn't sustain this year. Part of that was me...great start. Made a move to upgrade QB with what was terrific WR depth, and it bit me hard as Jackson exploded and Rivers cooled while I sustained a few injuries to boot. Went from top ten to decidedly average over the course of 2 or 3 mid-season weeks. Lesson learned.

just my two cents
tend to agree with the WR value argument, and it will be discussed in the off-season.

We had a great start, but just couldn't sustain this year. Part of that was me...great start. Made a move to upgrade QB with what was terrific WR depth, and it bit me hard as Jackson exploded and Rivers cooled while I sustained a few injuries to boot. Went from top ten to decidedly average over the course of 2 or 3 mid-season weeks. Lesson learned.
Not sure what the answer is. I know trading was hard because RB was worthless.

Maybe 1/2/1 and the 2 flex can play anywhere or a max or one flex per position. If people can't start 4 wrs they become less valuable.

I tend to like the QB scoring. People haven't caught on to it and you can get some steals during the draft.

Still an hour to kickoff, but I went ahead and subbed out a couple players who are no-go's today (Gerhart and Shorts) for two guys

Still an hour to kickoff, but I went ahead and subbed out a couple players who are no-go's today (Gerhart and Shorts) for two guys
Was that for me? If so I appreciate it...I went to sub out Gerhart who I "thought" I had in there, only to see Pierre Thomas in...thanks if that was the case.

Also, 127 points with Akers to go and I may only win 1 game...driving me crazy!!!!

127 (not a ton of points, but not piss poor either) and went 1-5...I'm killing us!
no- that sort of thing balances out.

We had a terrific start this year, meaning we drafted well. A couple of us made bad moves in mid-season that backfired. (And by us- I mean I'm first in line having done it)

127 (not a ton of points, but not piss poor either) and went 1-5...I'm killing us!
no- that sort of thing balances out.

We had a terrific start this year, meaning we drafted well. A couple of us made bad moves in mid-season that backfired. (And by us- I mean I'm first in line having done it)
Yeah, my worst move was whining about getting Foles, getting him, then dropping him the next week after he got injured...My QB management was awful...losing Julio hurt too (and now Welker), but if I was strong anywhere, it was WR.

Users who are viewing this thread