What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

Guys,

Sorry I have been off-the-grid for the past week (we just moved). I was packing boxes as I heard within the same hour Keller, Wright and Welker all got hurt on Friday! Looks like I am OK on the WRs, but losing Keller stinks...

BnB: Where did you draft Cameron? How do interteam trades for players work? Is it based off of perceived value or the round where a player was drafted?

Guys,

Sorry I have been off-the-grid for the past week (we just moved). I was packing boxes as I heard within the same hour Keller, Wright and Welker all got hurt on Friday! Looks like I am OK on the WRs, but losing Keller stinks...

BnB: Where did you draft Cameron? How do interteam trades for players work? Is it based off of perceived value or the round where a player was drafted?
draft spot. Trades between boardmates only through the first week of games. After that, can only trade with other boards.

I have one more draft pick...a 16 I think. Could grab a TE if you need one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

draft spot. Trades between boardmates only through the first week of games. After that, can only trade with other boards.

Thanks, Rene...I think I will hold on trading for that 16 at this point (I do have Witten as a TE and can get by for now).

BnB: The closest pick I have to where you took Cameron (9.1) is Kendall Wright (9.11) for me. If you like that swap, let me know.

Guys,

Thanks, Rene...I think I will hold on trading for that 16 at this point (I do have Witten as a TE and can get by for now).

BnB: The closest pick I have to where you took Cameron (9.1) is Kendall Wright (9.11) for me. If you like that swap, let me know.
Keep an eye on our board. I could trade you 16.12 and 18.12 for one of your defenses and Keller and just dispose of Keller later.

I'd really like to talk to you about TY Hilton or DJax if you see anything there.

just to add a little to the TE conversation...

out here in Reach City, Colorado.....Stinkin Ref has pretty much opened up his first.......TE's R US

6.01 Colin Kaepernick QB SF

3.12 Chris Johnson RB TEN

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

1.12 Larry Fitzgerald WR AZ

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

8.01 Emmanuel Sanders WR PIT

9.12 Rueben Randle WR NYG

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

7.12 Jordan Cameron TE CLE

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

sometimes I get stuck on a guy and reach big time...especially since I was on the turn in this draft and really didn't feel like wheelin and dealin after a few unsuccessful attempts early....and I apologize for not being more of a team player when it came to trading amongst ourselves....but I kind of just said screw it and stuck with my picks on the turn....I like the turn....

anywho....

was pretty much planning on going 2/2/2...however I am open to possibly dealing one of those TE's (even Davis) for a comparable upgrade at RB or WR...I will say however that even though it may have seemed like reach city on Cameron and Zudfeld I expect their ADP's to continue to rise between now and the start of the season....I honestly (pause to take sip of kool aid) expect both to be impact TE's this year.....possibly significant....and yes even Sudfeld when Gronk returns....

I also like TY Hilton and Djax.....

been kind of bored with the pace of my draft here so I have just been kind of wingin it and maybe taking guys (those last two TE's) that I think other guys were hoping to get later.....I don't know

QB - Griffin, Kaepernick

RB - SJax, Murray, Hillman

WR - CJ, Nelson, Lafell

TE - Gronk, Gates, Cameron

I'll be a 1/2/2/2 starting lineup

Anyone see any decent WR options left in H, let me know.

Sweet Love said:
renesauz said:
Guys,

Do you like Sudfield?

No worries. Glad I could help and it isn't affecting my strategy at all. There are at least 1 of 3 guys that should fall to me and I am happy.

Now to figure out what to do with 17.01

BassNBrew said:
Sweet Love said:
renesauz said:
Guys,

Do you like Sudfield?
I do. Do you have him, or is it someone you would get?

BassNBrew said:
Sweet Love said:
renesauz said:
Guys,

Do you like Sudfield?
Would have drafted him for you but he went a few picks ago. Ref has him on his roster.

BassNBrew said:
Sweet Love said:
renesauz said:
Guys,

Do you like Sudfield?
Would have drafted him for you but he went a few picks ago. Ref has him on his roster.
No worries...I may just end up waiting and grabbing a Dressen/Tamme type as a back up...heck Cumberland may put up 50-500-5 this year.

My roster now with one pick to go:

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Sam Bradford (12.12)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Brian Hartline (9.07)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Jermichael Finley (8.06)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

I am happy with this team. I think I got a top QB, 4 RB that should get 50+% of his team RB touches this year. A WR group that I feel very comfortable starting 3-4 guys every week. Two TE that hopefully have bounce back seasons and could easily help give me a big season if they hit their ceilings.

Now I need to know what I should do with my 17.01? We had talked about me drafting another kicker just in case someone needs one. Is that the plan?

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Sam Bradford (12.12)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Brian Hartline (9.07)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Jermichael Finley (8.06)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

I am happy with this team. I think I got a top QB, 4 RB that should get 50+% of his team RB touches this year. A WR group that I feel very comfortable starting 3-4 guys every week. Two TE that hopefully have bounce back seasons and could easily help give me a big season if they hit their ceilings.

Now I need to know what I should do with my 17.01? We had talked about me drafting another kicker just in case someone needs one. Is that the plan?
Very nice work there...........We are going to kick #### this year!!!!!

Sinnerman has an extra should some one need him. I doubt two kickers go down before the start of the season. I say take a flyer on someone else.

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Sam Bradford (12.12)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Brian Hartline (9.07)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Jermichael Finley (8.06)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

hey broncos...nice job...

fwiw..I'll be honest, in my experience the Bradford and Rivers picks were wasted picks with Rodgers on board....there are always guys like this available on the waiver wire, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if those two maybe go undrafted in some leagues ( I haven't checked)....but I think some take the perception that you "have" to have a back up, when in reality, these really are only 12 team leagues....I will almost bet that you any guys like you that took those types will be dropping them very quickly....you will never sit Rodgers except for week 4.....you don't need the insurance on your roster when there is plenty of it on the waiver wire....I am rolling solo at QB....and I will use those backup positions to take guys like Christine Michael and let them sit on my bench just in case opportunity knocks....a guy like that wasting away on your bench is better then a guy like Bradford or Rivers.....you can always get a Bradford or Rivers....but if Lynch goes down the chances of you getting Michael during the waivers will be very slim as EVERYBODY will be making him a top waiver priority and hopefully you won't be at the top of the waiver list.....(I'm saying this after seeing Michael and thinking he could easily outplay Turbin).....

there is no reason to really have a back up QB if you have a stud.....it is best to use that spot as a jump on the waiver wire by taking flyers on guys that seem to be studs just needing an opportunity.........

first chance I had I would dump them and snag a Michael type if available....

good luck

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Sam Bradford (12.12)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Brian Hartline (9.07)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Jermichael Finley (8.06)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

hey broncos...nice job...

fwiw..I'll be honest, in my experience the Bradford and Rivers picks were wasted picks with Rodgers on board....there are always guys like this available on the waiver wire, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if those two maybe go undrafted in some leagues ( I haven't checked)....but I think some take the perception that you "have" to have a back up, when in reality, these really are only 12 team leagues....I will almost bet that you any guys like you that took those types will be dropping them very quickly....you will never sit Rodgers except for week 4.....you don't need the insurance on your roster when there is plenty of it on the waiver wire....I am rolling solo at QB....and I will use those backup positions to take guys like Christine Michael and let them sit on my bench just in case opportunity knocks....a guy like that wasting away on your bench is better then a guy like Bradford or Rivers.....you can always get a Bradford or Rivers....but if Lynch goes down the chances of you getting Michael during the waivers will be very slim as EVERYBODY will be making him a top waiver priority and hopefully you won't be at the top of the waiver list.....(I'm saying this after seeing Michael and thinking he could easily outplay Turbin).....

there is no reason to really have a back up QB if you have a stud.....it is best to use that spot as a jump on the waiver wire by taking flyers on guys that seem to be studs just needing an opportunity.........

first chance I had I would dump them and snag a Michael type if available....

good luck
Thanks for the advice. Hadn't thought about it from that perspective.

OK...my team is done:

(Likely starters bolded)

8.08A QB Eli Manning, NYG
10.06B QB Jay Cutler, CHI
18.04E QB Alex Smith, KC

Manning and Cutler make a great combo for QBBC. Smith has QB1 upside, for either trade bait (admittedly weak in this league) or replacing one of the first two. If I'm wrong, it's an easy drop for a bye week K or DST.

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL

8.11B RB Rashard Mendenhall, ARI
13.03B RB Mark Ingram, NO

Thought about adding Daniel Thomas with my 16, but figured Allen's upside was higher and we only HAVE to start one. Mendy and Ingram are high upside picks that I don't anticipate using much unless injury.

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
5.09H WR DeSean Jackson, PHI

8.02C WR Emmanuel Sanders, PIT
10.04H WR Denarius Moore, OAK
11.10A WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, IND
16.04H WR Keenan Allen, SD

Strong group I think, although Cruz's heel and Tampa's general neffectiveness in the pre-season have me second guessing. The other 4 WR's all have good upside and any of the first 3 alternates make fine bye-week players. Plenty of depth here.

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR
9.10A TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET

Loved the Olsen pick when I made it. Less than stellar pre-season has me second guessing, but it was only a 7th round investment! Pettigrew a solid, if un-inspiring backup.

12.10B DST San Francisco

14.10B PK Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Meh....Dodds' draft dominator has these two at the top.

Probably not a squad that will compete for top honors, but terrific depth should make sure it wins lots of games for team FBG, especially second half of the season.

My final roster:

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Sam Bradford (12.12)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

Shonn Greene (17.01)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Brian Hartline (9.07)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Jermichael Finley (8.06)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

QB - Griffin, Kaepernick

RB - SJax, Murray, Hillman, Brown

WR - CJ, Nelson, Lafell, Jacoby Jones, Heyward Bey, Manningham

K - Haushcka

D - Dettriot
One pick left. Any suggestions or does anyone need a player before I make this pick?

QB - Griffin, Kaepernick

RB - SJax, Murray, Hillman, Brown, Stewart

WR - CJ, Nelson, Lafell, Jacoby Jones, Heyward Bey, Manningham

K - Haushcka

D - Detroit

Ended up taking Stewart. His status will be sorted out by the time I need to address a kicker.

Overall I'm pretty stoked about this lineup. If I can tread water early, this could be a potent team later in the year.

QB - RG3 and Kap are top five QBs in this scoring format. I'm not sure why they slid so late. I'll have a tough time deciding who to start each week.

RB - Planning on starting Sjax and Murray each week. I see Murray as being grossly undervalued and SJax will hang a ton of TDs. Hillman/Brown/Stewart could become valuable but are bench fodder for now.

WR - I picked up this team after CJ had been drafted. Got Nelson at the 4/5 turn which would have been a 2/3 turn pick if he had not been injured. I really don't see any startable mat'l after that so I need my top two to stay healthy. I hate Lafell. Jones has some upside potential and Bey could be gold if TY or Wayne get dinged.

TE - I'll be starting two here. When/if Gronk gets healthy this team will be significantly better. Will likely try to trade one of Gates/Cameron if they get off to a fast start for a better WR. With the injuries in SD Gates is undervalued. Drinking the Cameron Kool-Aid.

K/D - Waited late and it shows. Both have late byes.

On paper or at least in my mind, this seems like the type of team you would look at late in the year and say how did he draft a top QB, the best TE, the best WR duo, and two stud RBs. Two problems I see are a bunch of injured guys that don't comeback strong and a roster that is TD heavy and lacks yards/recpts. This could be a team that posts a league high score one week and one of the lowest the next week.

Fun draft. Didn't trade much and partners were scarce in these late drafts.

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

12.01 Bryce Brown RB PHI

13.12 Christine Michael RB SEA

15.12 Joique Bell RB DET

16.01 Jonathan Dwyer RB PIT

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

14.01 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR IND

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

11.12 Seattle Seahawks DST

two rounds left for PK and BPA

couldn't pass up handcuffing Bush with Bell and possibly getting PIT main back for the first few weeks.....kind of surprised Dwyer lasted that long coming back since the news has been out for a while and I thought somebody who needed RB more than me would have jumped on him....love me some Michael....and DHB is technically starting and even as a #3 in that offense he should still be ok.....I had very little trouble jumping early for SEA DST....I don't have to worry about that spot for 11 weeks...might be a little thin at WR but we only have to start 2....

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

12.01 Bryce Brown RB PHI

15.12 Joique Bell RB DET

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

couldn't pass up handcuffing Bush with Bell and possibly getting PIT main back for the first few weeks.....kind of surprised Dwyer lasted that long coming back since the news has been out for a while and I thought somebody who needed RB more than me would have jumped on him....love me some Michael....and DHB is technically starting and even as a #3 in that offense he should still be ok.....I had very little trouble jumping early for SEA DST....I don't have to worry about that spot for 11 weeks...might be a little thin at WR but we only have to start 2....
Nice draft...really like what you have here, and think that you are well covered on all bases...if you lose Cap to injury (and lets hope not), QB is probably the easiest position in this league to substitute.

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

12.01 Bryce Brown RB PHI

15.12 Joique Bell RB DET

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

Nice draft...really like what you have here, and think that you are well covered on all bases...if you lose Cap to injury (and lets hope not), QB is probably the easiest position in this league to substitute.
I gotta disagree. And think its a mistake to draft one QB. Sure you can find a QB to plug in, but it won't be a top 12 QB and will put yourself at a 5-10 point disadvantage weekly at the QB position in this format.

Sure you might make that up at another position, but starting out in the hole is not they way to go...... IMO.

Or perhaps I am thinking about this wrong?

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

12.01 Bryce Brown RB PHI

15.12 Joique Bell RB DET

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

I gotta disagree. And think its a mistake to draft one QB. Sure you can find a QB to plug in, but it won't be a top 12 QB and will put yourself at a 5-10 point disadvantage weekly at the QB position in this format.

Sure you might make that up at another position, but starting out in the hole is not they way to go...... IMO.

Someone like EJ Manuel will score about as well and any of the last QBs drafted.

4.01 Reggie Bush RB DET

12.01 Bryce Brown RB PHI

15.12 Joique Bell RB DET

2.01 Wes Welker WR DEN

5.12 Vernon Davis TE SF

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE

Someone like EJ Manuel will score about as well and any of the last QBs drafted.
I agree that there will be plenty of QB's available on the waiver wire that will give you the 12th best QB scoring in the league.

I also believe it likely that some QB taken after the 10th round will be in the top six in scoring at that postition, giving you a 5-10 point weekly advantage.

(Vick, Eli, Cutler, Flaco, Palmer, Bradford, Schaub)

I'm totally basing this particular strategy on what I have seen in this league the last two years.....after the first few weeks many of the "back up" qb's (guys currently ranked 13-32) on teams roster end up getting dropped for the flavor of the week etc......RB's are almost impossible to find on the WW for the simple fact that when it is there "time" because of an injury to the guy in front of them or whatever, versions of them are gone immediately to the first few waiver claims that week....it is my opinion you should try and stash as many possible "difference makers"....Tate's, Browns. Pierce, etc as soon as possible and for as long as possible....as soon as possible to me means during the draft....cause that is about your only shot to get them....those QB's currently ranked 13-32 will be there and yeah I will lose a little at QB but I was going to lose that anyway if my guy got hurt.....I saw very little value in wasting a starting lineup pick on another "stud" QB.....some people will disagree....Bass is a good example....he went RGIII/Kap....and as he indicated (assuming they both stay healthy) he will have a WDIS nightmare every week....and he probably pick the wrong guy most of the time....ha....and while the guy he should have started is wasting away on his bench that week....my guy who I took where he took his second QB will be in my lineup dropping bombs on fools....

honestly with two picks left I need a PK and BPA....these QB's are still available in the 17th round....EJ, Rivers, Ponder, Tanny. A. Smith, Weeden, Locker....are they really going to be THAT far behind a Schaub or a Bradford...?...probably not....if I don't see anything else I like I may pull the trigger on Manuel....

I'm totally basing this particular strategy on what I have seen in this league the last two years.....after the first few weeks many of the "back up" qb's (guys currently ranked 13-32) on teams roster end up getting dropped for the flavor of the week etc......RB's are almost impossible to find on the WW for the simple fact that when it is there "time" because of an injury to the guy in front of them or whatever, versions of them are gone immediately to the first few waiver claims that week....it is my opinion you should try and stash as many possible "difference makers"....Tate's, Browns. Pierce, etc as soon as possible and for as long as possible....as soon as possible to me means during the draft....cause that is about your only shot to get them....those QB's currently ranked 13-32 will be there and yeah I will lose a little at QB but I was going to lose that anyway if my guy got hurt.....I saw very little value in wasting a starting lineup pick on another "stud" QB.....some people will disagree....Bass is a good example....he went RGIII/Kap....and as he indicated (assuming they both stay healthy) he will have a WDIS nightmare every week....and he probably pick the wrong guy most of the time....ha....and while the guy he should have started is wasting away on his bench that week....my guy who I took where he took his second QB will be in my lineup dropping bombs on fools....

honestly with two picks left I need a PK and BPA....these QB's are still available in the 17th round....EJ, Rivers, Ponder, Tanny. A. Smith, Weeden, Locker....are they really going to be THAT far behind a Schaub or a Bradford...?...probably not....if I don't see anything else I like I may pull the trigger on Manuel....
The only reason I went Kap and RG3 is that RG3 was the top QB last year in weeks 1-12 and Kap was on a similar pace in the playoffs. Hopefully I'll have some trade bait. If now, it's protection since they both like to run.

wk 1 - kap v. GB, RG3 v. Philly

wk 2 - kap v. GB

wk 3 - kap v. Indy, RG3 v. Det

wk 4 - kap v. STL, RG v. Oak

wk 5 - kap v. Hou

wk 6 - Kap v. Ari, RG v. Dal

wk 7 - Kap v. Tenn

wk 8 - Kap v. Jax, RG v. Den

wk 9 - RG v. SD

wk 10 - Kap v. Car

wk 11 - Kap v. NO, RG v. Phi

wk 12 - They face each other

wk 13 - Kap v. STL, RG v. NYG

wk 14 - RG v. KC

wk 15 - RG3 v. Atl

wk 16 - Kap v. Atl, RG v. Dal

Looks like some juicy matchups to me.

I think I have the last FBG pick still alive. Anybody need something before I make the pick? (still waiting for 1 guy and a slew of predrafts before it gets to me)

Not sure if we can still trade between each other, but willing to give David Wilson for top flight wide receiver if that trading is still allowed.

Line up help:

Am I overthinking this? I currently have Hilton (against the Jags) in over Welker (against Balt).

Line up help:

Am I overthinking this? I currently have Hilton (against the Jags) in over Welker (against Balt).
Love Welker here. Not sure I'd trust Hilton at this point until we see what he does....Heyward Bey might steal some of the targets most expected HIlton to get.

Just so I am clear, I see we play 7 opponents each week. Do we just need to submit 1 lineup on the main IBL league site and then that covers all those games or is there other places we need to submit lineups?

Line up help:

Dodds has it as a push.

I thinker Welker is the safer play, Hilton much more upside. I go with the safer play assuming you like the rest of your lineup this week.

Speaking of WDIS....

Kaepernick v. RG3. Dodds has them projected the same as the best plays this week at QB. I'm leaning RG3 because he plays on Monday nite. I know, stupid reason.

Anyone want to weigh in?

I like Kaep between those too. Just think there is a chance that even if RGIII comes out a little apprehensive or Shanahan coaches a little apprehensive.

For Sweet Love, I agree that I'd go with the safer play of Welker. I'd love to start TY Hilton though too with his matchup and his upside. No way to fit both?

For BnB, I'd go RG3. No idea how he'll turn out, but I like his matchup and although Kaep is extremely talented, I don't like his weapons overall.

BassNBrew said:
Speaking of WDIS....

Kaepernick v. RG3. Dodds has them projected the same as the best plays this week at QB. I'm leaning RG3 because he plays on Monday nite. I know, stupid reason.

Anyone want to weigh in?
I like Kaep also....RG3 might have a bit of rust to shake off.

Clash has not submitted a lineup.

He does not have a Raven or Bronco, but someone might want to give him a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread