What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 3 thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/37887

If I entered the info correctly, the draft is scheduled to start Thur 7/18 at 8:00 AM Eastern time. If that is problematic, let me know.

Passwords should be the same as last season for those that were in League 3. NCFF Commish, 5Rings, Adrenaline, and gianmarco use Anarchy3.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

1.01 CommuterMan

1.02 Mario Kart

1.03 ZWK

1.04 NCFF Commish

1.05 Valence

1.06 Reaper

1.07 Itchy Amos

1.08 Dreamers

1.09 5Rings

1.10 HellToupee

1.11 Maggot Brain

1.12 Saint

1.13 Adrenaline

1.14 Gianmarco

1.15 Yellow Snow

1.16 Inch By Inch

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty happy through 3. #1 QB on a probable playoff team at 5 seems like a steal. I was stoked to get two top 10 RBs also on teams sure to be in the playoff hunt at the 2/3 turn

1.05 Packers TMQB

2.12 Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

3.05 Alfred Morris RB WA

Some stats through four rounds (minus one pick for now):

# of xx taken in 64 picks:

QB:

1st = 4

2nd = 5

3rd = 5

4th = 0

Tot = 14

RB:

1st = 4

2nd = 4

3rd = 8

4th = 4

Tot = 24

WR:

1st = 5

2nd = 4

3rd = 2

4th = 8

Tot = 19

TE:

1st = 3

2nd = 3

3rd = 1

4th = 3

Teams with two QB = 3

Teams with zero QB = 5

Teams with 4 RB = 1

Teams with 0 RB = 4

Teams with 3 WR = 2

Teams with 2 WR = 3

Teams with 0 WR = 3

*these stats reflect 63 picks, will be updated when 64 is picked.

Its really hard to tell how you're doing until a bit later, but here are my thoughts so far....

1.07- N.O. TMQB

2.10 - Dennis Pitta - TE

3.07 - Greg Olsen - TE

4.10 - Owen Daniels - TE

5.07 - Darren Sproles - RB

I think the easiest path to success is by taking TEs & WRs early. I doubt that what I have done so far will stand out to the other teams at first glance since my TE squad isnt a flashy bunch, but I think all three will be top 10 by the end of the year, probably 5-8. Its a bit counter intuitive since it flies in the face of every other league that I've been involved with. I think that I've learned that drafting running backs in the early rounds is the fastest way to the bottom half of the league. You just cant put it off for too long since its really easy to end up with a bunch of zeros from that position if you wait until the end.

So far I think that ZWK has the best looking team on paper. He's set himself up pretty well as long as he can hit on some later round running backs. I really wanted Amendola & I thought that he'd be there in the 5th.

Some stats through four rounds (minus one pick for now):

# of xx taken in 64 picks:

QB:

1st = 4 ------ 5th = 2

2nd = 5 ----- 6th = 1

3rd = 5 ----- 7th = 3

4th = 0 ------ 8th = 0

Tot = 14 ---- 20

RB:

1st = 4 ------ 5th = 5

2nd = 4 ----- 6th = 6

3rd = 8 ------ 7th = 4

4th = 4 ------ 8th = 3

Tot = 24 ----- 42

WR:

1st = 5 ------ 5th = 6

2nd = 4 ----- 6th = 7

3rd = 2 ----- 7th = 6

4th = 9 ----- 8th = 6

Tot = 20 ----- 45

TE:

1st = 3 ------ 5th = 3

2nd = 3 ----- 6th = 2

3rd = 1 ----- 7th = 3

4th = 3 ----- 8th = 7

Tot = 10 ------ 25

_______________After 4_________After 8

Teams with two - QB = 3 ---------- 5

Teams with zero - QB = 5 --------- 1

Teams with ------- 4 RB = 1 ------- 1

Teams with ------- 0 RB = 4 ------- 1

Teams with ------- 3 WR = 2

Teams with ------- 2 WR = 3

Teams with ------- 0 WR = 3

Major screw up on my part gents by mistakenly grabbing Philly's defense....it's my third. Mixed up my drafts, meant to get a PK. Again, sorry guys. Anarchy please fix my boo boo :( I'll take jax pk Scobee. I PM'd other options if he's already gone to another by the time you get to fix this. Wouldn't feel right taking someone who's already gone to another team. :sadbanana: My only excuse is that I'm slightly hungover

I started with projections, cobbled together from a few different sources (with my own opinions as part of the mix for many players). Then I used a VBD-like adjustment to create my draft board. The ideal is to be able to take the top player on my draft board with every pick and end up with a complete, legal roster, although obviously in practice I'll have to fudge things at least a little to get the right positional balance (and I especially have to be sure to get my RBs and PKs before it's too late, because they run out by the end of the draft). My adjustment was a little off this year - I had WRs & TEs rated too high & RBs rated too low, so a WR or TE was at the top of my draft board for almost every pick (and a RB never was). So, lots of fudging from round 6 onwards.

Overall, I'd say that my best picks (the guys who provide the most value to my team, relative to draft position) are VJax (4.14), Amendola (5.03), and Golden Tate (12.14), and my worst are Tamme (10.14), Celek (11.04), and Michael Bush (13.04).

1.03 TE Jimmy Graham NO
2.14 WR Andre Johnson HOU
3.03 WR Roddy White ATL

There were close calls for all 3 of my first picks, with contenders at other positions including Aaron Rodgers (1.05), RGIII (2.16), Trent Richardson (3.01), and Alfred Morris (3.05). I really like all 3 of the guys I got - they all have a track record of being major point generators in this format - but considering how the rest of the draft went I probably would've been better off dipping into RBs or QBs with some of these picks.

4.14 WR Vincent Jackson TB
5.03 WR Danny Amendola NE

These two were easy picks to make - I was somewhat surprised to see either of them left here, and no one else was close on my draft board. It makes me very WR-heavy to start, but this is not the time to screw around with positional balance - if the points are there then take them.

6.14 RB Giovani Bernard CIN
7.03 QB Josh Freeman et al. TB
8.14 RB Pierre Thomas NO
9.03 RB DeAngelo Williams CAR

By late round 6 there had been a huge drop in WR/TE value, which meant that it was time to start filling out my other positions (even though my draft board still had WR/TEs at the top). Enter the committee backs, who tend to be good value in this part of an Anarchy draft. Gio has a shot win a starter's role and DeAngelo has similar upside if/while Stewart is out. Pierre Thomas is the kind of solid low-upside guy who I like to target in this sort of league, and Freeman is one of the last of the solid middle-of-the-pack QBs.

10.14 TE Jacob Tamme DEN
11.03 TE Brent Celek PHI
12.14 WR Golden Tate SEA

We ran out of 50/50-type committee backs, so I figured I might as well wait on my last RB and take the WR/TEs at the top of my draft board. I didn't spend a lot of time on these picks (work busyness); in retrospect Tamme & Celek are both riskier picks than I like to make in this format. I probably would've been better off taking my last RB in the 10th (like Franklin, FJax, or Rodgers) and flexing a WR like Lafell or Streater. Tate was at the top of my board before the injury news (he had a breakout year last season, masked by Seattle's low number of passing attempts), and he's looking even better now.

13.03 RB Michael Bush CHI
14.14 PK Mike Nugent CIN
15.03 PK Adam Vinatieri IND

RB and especially PK are two positions that actually run out in this format, so I wanted to grab two safe starters at PK and a RB who had at least had a safe hold on his team's #2 slot (although I really wish I'd gotten an RB earlier who at least had more of a committee role, especially considering the WRs available in rd 13). It also turned out that I could've waited a bit on kickers and gotten a better defense (like STL), but that only cost me a few expected points - better to err in this direction than the opposite.

16.14 DEF Minnesota Vikings MIN
17.03 QB Matt Flynn et al. OAK
18.14 DEF Oakland Raiders OAK

Filling out my roster. This year the bottom of the barrel QB & DEF options aren't that far behind the 5-10 ahead of them, so it was okay to save these for the end (although it would've been nice to get the Panthers defense - they were a steal in the last round). Avoided my last ranked QB (NYJ) and DEF (JAC).

I like what you managed to get ZWK. The Bernard and Williams picks should pay off that you are not losing too much at the position, which should allow your advantage at WR to push you ahead of the rest of the field. Although I do not like Celek/Tamme picks that much you have Graham which should give you an overall advantage from the TE position still. Due to the 2pt PPR for TE this makes even questionable TE like this more valuable than most of the remaining WR at that point of the draft.

You got better value on DeAngelo Williams than either I or BassnBrew did. I think this pick will pay off in a pretty big way.

Congrats to Dreamers for finishing a top the standings to end the regular season. But unlikely most leagues, we forge on.

Dreamers 3299.14

Eagles TMQB

Jamaal Charles KCC RB

Danny Woodhead SDC RB

Julian Edelman NEP WR

Darrius Heyward-Bey IND WR
James Casey PHI TE
Steven Hauschka SEA PK

Alex Henery PHI PK

Colts Defense

HellToupee 3199.72

Mike Tolbert CAR RB

Robert Turbin SEA RB

Anquan Boldin SFO WR
T.Y, Hilton IND WR
Jordy Nelson GBP WR
Zach Ertz PHI TE

Ryan Succop KCC PK

Broncos Defense

Panthers Defense

ZWK 3145.00

Giovani Bernard CIN RB

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

DeAngelo Williams CAR RB

Danny Amendola NEP WR
Golden Tate SEA WR

Brent Celek PHI TE
Jimmy Graham NOS TE

Jacob Tamme DEN TE

Mike Nugent CIN PK

Adam Vinatieri IND PK

Teams within 300 points of the leader . . .

Dreamers 3343.84

Danny Woodhead SDC RB

Julian Edelman NEP WR

Darrius Heyward-Bey IND WR
Steven Hauschka SEA PK

Colts Defense

HellToupee 3305.32

Mike Tolbert CAR RB

Robert Turbin SEA RB

Anquan Boldin SFO WR
T.Y, Hilton IND WR

Broncos Defense

Panthers Defense

ZWK 3187.80

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

DeAngelo Williams CAR RB

Danny Amendola NEP WR
Golden Tate SEA WR

Jimmy Graham NOS TE

Jacob Tamme DEN TE

Adam Vinatieri IND PK

NCFF Commish 3084.60

Broncos TMQB

Stevan Ridley NEP RB

Shane Vereen NEP RB

Demaryius Thomas DEN WR

Joel Dreessen DEN TE

Phil Dawson SFO PK

Patriots Defense

Three teams still in it with 3 games to go . . .

Dreamers 3379.14

Edelman

Hauschka

HellToupee 3352.12

Boldin

Broncos DEF

Turbin

ZWK 3212.90

Amendola

GTate

I think 6th is pretty respectable with not having a starting running back the whole year. Now, if Johnson would not have fallen so much, I would have been much better. I was hanging around 3rd for awhile until about week ~12 or so. Bummer.

Dreamers and HellToupee are going to finish 1-2, with NCFF Commish a prohibitive favorite to lock up third.

Final standings . . .

[SIZE=small]Dreamers[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3430.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]HellToupee[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3374.42[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]NCFF Commish[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3285.9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]ZWK[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3242.00[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Mario Kart[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2960.12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Inch by Inch[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2956.94[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Maggot Brain[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2887.56[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Valence[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2883.54[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Hippie Cowboys[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2874.54[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Reaper[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2816.06[/SIZE]