What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

Well lets be honest.  "ROS" for many is this week.  I've got a few comparable options I'm considering but I'm having a heard time pulling him.

Should we drop him right away? Probably should move quickly, but I just can't bring myself to do it until it's confirmed.

Volume is the main concern for Sutton or any other piece of the passing game.  They are passing the ball very little, riding Lindsay and the defense to a 3 game win streak.

Sutton get Sherman this week. Rough.
Sherman doesn't shadow. He stays on his side of the field. Broncos are now going to force the ball to Sutton. He's their best playmaker through the air by FAAAAAR. They'll be moving him all over the field now. 

Sherman doesn't shadow. He stays on his side of the field. Broncos are now going to force the ball to Sutton. He's their best playmaker through the air by FAAAAAR. They'll be moving him all over the field now. 
Same situation as Detroit when Jones went down. Golladay has been serviceable but not gangbusters because they can key on him. 

Same will probably happen to Sutton.

Same situation as Detroit when Jones went down. Golladay has been serviceable but not gangbusters because they can key on him. 

Same will probably happen to Sutton.
Golladay has become a legit WR2 in most formats since taking over the lead role in Detroit. That's all people are looking for from guys who take over as the number one. They're unlikely to skyrocket into WR1 territory but you don't need them to, if you've held Golladay or Sutton then you likely already have a WR1 and are looking for a reliable every-week WR2. Golladay has become that. Sutton can too. 

Opportunity > Skill in FF. 

Golladay has become a legit WR2 in most formats since taking over the lead role in Detroit. That's all people are looking for from guys who take over as the number one. They're unlikely to skyrocket into WR1 territory but you don't need them to, if you've held Golladay or Sutton then you likely already have a WR1 and are looking for a reliable every-week WR2. Golladay has become that. Sutton can too. 

Opportunity > Skill in FF. 
Golladay is pretty skilled...he was raw coming from a MAC school......they are both wr1 as of now....i don't think sanders recovers from this...and marv jones will be the #2 to golladay from here on.....

Emmanuel Sanders ran in cleats Friday.

It's the first time he's done that since suffering an Achilles tear on December 5. Sanders is "coming along nicely" according to NFL Network's James Palmer, though he still has plenty of hurdles to clear in his recovery. Signed for $10.2 million in 2019, the veteran slot receiver should lead the Denver wideout corps when healthy.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

May 3, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) said he's not ahead of his rehab schedule, but he's not behind it either.

Last Friday, Sanders had his first on-field run in cleats since suffering a torn Achilles on December 5, and he reintroduced cutting and lateral movement today. NFL Network's James Palmer said Sanders' rehab is "coming along nicely" but Sanders is looking to take it one day at a time. Achilles injuries are often tricky, especially for a 32-year old, but Sanders is penciled in as the Broncos primary receiver when healthy.

SOURCE: Andrew Mason on Twitter

May 7, 2019, 6:49 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) is not expecting to return until mid-July.

Sanders reintroduced lateral movements to his rehab routine last week, so he's still a ways away before being cleared for full practice. The Broncos are expecting him back for the beginning of training camp, but that is not a given since he's not ahead of schedule. Returning from an Achilles tear at 32-years old is difficult so expectations need to be limited, but Sanders will be Joe Flacco's WR1 when he's healthy.

SOURCE: 9news.com

May 12, 2019, 7:12 PM ET

Broncos coach Vic Fangio believes Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles') could return "before people think."

Immediately undermining his prediction, Fangio said it was not based on "anything medical." Sanders is targeting a return around the beginning of training camp. He went down early last December. Odds are, the 32-year-old wideout will be held out for the entire preseason. He is genuinely questionable for Week 1.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Jun 4, 2019, 6:01 PM ET

As an owner, I may be in the minority here but I wouldn’t give him away for a 3rd.  If he comes back healthy, he’s a back end WR #2. If he doesn’t recover he’s probably worthless.  I’d prefer to hold onto him and pray then take a flyer on a 3rd rounder. 
And I wouldn't pay a 3rd rounder for someone who is old, coming off of a devastating injury, is on a questionable offense with a bad QB, and young competition champing at the bit to replace him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) was seen running routes in an Instagram clip posted Friday.

Sanders has made steady progress in his recovery from last year's Achilles tear, resuming sprinting last month before later incorporating lateral movement to his workouts. Achilles injuries are extremely difficult to come back from but considering the circumstances, the 32-year-old's rehab has probably gone about as well as possible. He's targeting a Week 1 return.

SOURCE: Emmanuel Sanders on Instagram

Jun 7, 2019, 4:41 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) still consider a Week 1 return "realistic."

Sanders won't commit to a "concrete timetable," according to Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic, though it seems like he's where he needs to be in his recovery from last year's Achilles tear. Despite his injury, the nine-year vet still believes he's capable of putting together a Pro Bowl season. If Sanders misses time or is limited upon his return, his absence would open up targets for Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton, among others.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Jul 1, 2019, 12:23 PM ET

Speaking Wednesday, Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles') said he's "definitely not going to be full go from the jump" in training camp.

Sanders said he expects to be worked in gradually. "I want to be ready for Week 1." This jibes with Sanders' earlier comments. He said two weeks ago that he considers Week 1 "realistic." Time will tell. Sanders appears certain to begin camp on the active/PUP list.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Jul 16, 2019, 3:39 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles') has avoided the active/PUP list to open Broncos training camp.

That's a huge positive in his recovery from a torn Achilles', but GM John Elway did say Sanders will be eased back into practice slowly. Still, this puts Sanders well on track to be back to 100% for Week 1 where he'll team with Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton to form the Broncos' receiving trio. Tim Patrick will be waiting in the wings should one of the three get hurt.

SOURCE: Troy Renck on Twitter

Jul 17, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) returned to team drills on Wednesday.

It's another step in the right direction for Sanders, who miraculously avoided the PUP list despite tearing his Achilles late last season. The veteran debuted in 7-on-7 drills Wednesday but reportedly saw only a "handful" of snaps. Assuming he's at full strength, the 32-year-old should be the favorite to lead Denver's receiving corps this season, though up-and-comers Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton will also be names to watch.

SOURCE: denverbroncos.com

Jul 25, 2019, 9:01 AM ET

9News' Mike Klis reports Emmanuel Sanders also had offseason ankle surgery.

After undergoing Achilles' surgery, Sanders opted to have a "tightrope" ankle procedure. It's a surgery that Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa had before last year's National Championship Game because of it's quick recovery time. Sanders claims the pain from that surgery was worse than his Achilles' injury, but he's all healed up. Sanders is now months removed from both procedures and is feeling good enough to play in the Broncos second preseason game.

SOURCE: 9news.com

Aug 12, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles, ankle) will play in Monday's preseason game.

Sanders figures to see the field for only 1-2 drives, but it's a hugely important step in his recovery from last December's torn Achilles' tendon. Sanders is currently being drafted as a low-end WR4. It's tempting to label him a value, but that is probably the right spot. He is a poor fit with Joe Flacco's skill-set, while Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton are on the upswing.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Aug 19, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) felt "amazing" after playing in Monday's preseason game.

All things considered, Sanders' health appears to be in decent shape. He was able to run at full speed last night and picked up 19 yards on a beautifully designed run. At 32, Sanders is at risk of a re-injury, but it's very impressive to see him at this stage only eight months removed from his Achilles' tear. Sanders' ADP should continue to climb after seeing him in a game, though it's still best to take a cautious approach with him in fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 20, 2019, 8:34 AM ET

Emmanuel Sanders caught 5-of-7 passes for 86 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 against the Raiders.

Sanders was held to one catch for six yards in the first half. He salvaged his night with a 53-yard catch late in the game and scored on a back-shoulder fade on the final drive. Sanders looked to be the No. 2 option behind Courtland Sutton, who led Denver in receiving and targets. He’ll be a WR3 for Week 2 against Chicago.

Sep 10, 2019, 1:35 AM ET

Looking to be a steal at his adp.  Flacco can still sling it and Sanders seem to be over his injury.  Could see him being a high floor WR2 ros.  

@Boone22 What are you selling for in dynasty today?  He's clearly worth more on a win-now roster than he's worth in future draft picks, any 2nd round pick would do it?
Exactly as you said.  He’s worth more to me on my roster. I’m sitting at 2-0 and he’s started for me both games.  I’m not trading him unless I get a significant offer.  An early to mid 2nd might get me to move him since I have some depth at WR but a late 2nd wouldn’t get it done. He’s worth more to me on my Roster.  He’s not ancient (32) and he’s showed over the first two games that he can still be productive. 

My previous email (that you replied to) still sums up my position.  3rd round rookie draft picks are a crap shoot.  Give me a guys who’s been productive and is recovering from an injury any day over a 3rd round rookie pick. 

Users who are viewing this thread