What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (2 Viewers)

Reed is a walking injury and his position warrants much more contact. I don't see Sanders having his normal monster game, but I'm okay with that.

Reed is a walking injury and his position warrants much more contact. I don't see Sanders having his normal monster game, but I'm okay with that.
As long as he plays and is healthy, it's all good. Just got burned too much last year.I don't remember reed having injury issues before his concussion about this time last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed Emmanuel Sanders (concussion) suffered no setbacks ahead of Sunday's game against the Dolphins.
Listed as probable, Sanders is ready to rock just seven days after a jarring hit from Rams FS Rodney McLeod. He can comfortably be fired up as a WR1.

Nov 23 - 12:02 PM

Man, I really hope it doesn't cost me, but between Gordon, Julio and Sanders, they may have had a handful of TDs and a couple hundred more yards with some better throws. I watched both games and it felt like I saw 10+ open receptions with missed throws.

That said, just glad he had a solid game and is healthy after the game. DT will always get his, he's a stud, but Sanders has been phenomenal this year. I wish I grabbed him in the 2 leagues I didn't get him. I figured he would do well, but this season is way beyond any expectations anyone could have had.

ya, he was one of my must haves when he was going in the 6th and 7th rounds. the risk/reward appeared phenomenal. didnt see why he wouldnt maintain 75-80% of deckers production given welker's situation with a decent chance to approach it entirely. ofc, never expected him to blow deckers numbers out of the water. i really thought his style and skill set would work well with manning. im no scout, but when watching him with the steelers, he seemed to be open a ton and i could never understand why his production was so pedestrian.

when his adp climbed to the 3rd and 4th, i held off, but that draft pick will look like steal next year. id anticipate he goes late 2nd, early 3rd.

Tried trading him away in dynasty last year for Amendola straight up. Didn't need his points and figured I'd give up a WR3 for an injured WR2 and hold on to some value going into this year. Thank god the offer was ignored. Guy is quite a surprise MVP, and to think he almost signed with the Cheifs!

This guy is winning quite a few leagues for his owners -- a lot more than Calvin or JJ are.

I was disappointed when I saw my opponent would have him available after all this week. Sanders, Peyton, Denver RB, Julius Thomas, and D. Thomas = defeat when the opponent has them, more often than not. They all tend to have backbreaker type games. Actually, if you drafted a key Denver player, you're likely in contention in your league.

it really is crazy how many times hes been held or interfered with and still made the catch, or nearly made it. they guy has some elite quickness and tracking.

Pretty much fail, that tackle at the 1-yard line was a heartbreaker for me.

I think the decline of the Denver passing game has to be the most shocking development of the playoffs.

Pretty much fail, that tackle at the 1-yard line was a heartbreaker for me.

I think the decline of the Denver passing game has to be the most shocking development of the playoffs.
Agreed, he was a lock for me as a keeper next year (end of the 3rd in 2 keeper, so probably WR 20ish) until the past few weeks. I have seen a lot of those he was open for a TD, so his potential with Manning is still huge, but the running game is really eating into the potential. It isn't like Welker or some other WR (or TE like Thomas) is taking his lunch, the running game is. If Denver hadn't tried to get cute (passing at the 1 twice and doing the dual backfield with Thompson on the overturned TD), CJ easily could have had 2 TDs.

Sanders isn't a big time TD guy, but once he and Manning were getting in a groove, he had 7 TDs in 5 games. Then, since then he has 0 and CJ has 5 TDs (could have been 7 easy) in the next 4 games.

200 more points than anybody else in the league and don't even make the championship game. Charles, Sanders, and Jordy were my anchors and they all failed the same week. That's FF!

200 more points than anybody else in the league and don't even make the championship game. Charles, Sanders, and Jordy were my anchors and they all failed the same week. That's FF!
It is. In one league if Cutler gets 2+ points (40+ more yards than INTs take off), I will have squeaked by with the 2nd worst point total my team had (1st was back when Calvin was out). I have been averaging around 160 since week 8 and scored 184 last week on a bye. This week, I need a not horrible game by Cutler to get above 100.

I have Evans, Calvin and Sanders. Even factoring in the 1 week Evans missed, Calvin's 2 decoy/3 missed games and all 3 bye weeks, there was not a single week that one of them (2 weeks I only had Sanders) didn't put up at least 10. This week, all under 10 points and I will likely :-)knockonwood:) barely squeak by.

In my other two leagues, I have ODB and played against ODB. I am continuing in one and not in the other, no need to guess which one is which.

Manning's pop gun arm is concerning me....as is the emphasis of this new grind it out running game. DT will get his, he's a red zone monster. But Sanders isn't. Not gonna bench him in my championship game, but can't pencil him in for a good game either. Also have a keeper decision to make on him.

Manning's pop gun arm is concerning me....as is the emphasis of this new grind it out running game. DT will get his, he's a red zone monster. But Sanders isn't. Not gonna bench him in my championship game, but can't pencil him in for a good game either. Also have a keeper decision to make on him.
? He had 30+ yard catch and was tackled on the 1 inch line on another catch. His bounce back game will come at the most important time... Superbowl week.

? He had 30+ yard catch and was tackled on the 1 inch line on another catch. His bounce back game will come at the most important time... Superbowl week.
I hope you right!

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders secured 7-of-15 targets for 46 yards in the Broncos' Divisional Round loss to the Colts.

Peyton Manning tried to feed Sanders at least three "go" routes in the second quarter, but each was severely overthrown. The Broncos only had moderate success in the passing game when they focused on short stuff, but by then it was too late. Sanders turned in a career-best receiving line of 101-1,404-9 in 2014, being utilized as a featured receiver for the first time in his career. One of GM John Elway's very best free agent additions, Sanders is under contract through 2016. He'll turn 28 in March.

Jan 11 - 8:37 PM

So Sanders is a great play heading into next year. But what do we see out of him with life post Manning?

I love me some Sanders, but I am trying to gauge what he would look like with Osweiller as his qb.

So Sanders is a great play heading into next year. But what do we see out of him with life post Manning?

I love me some Sanders, but I am trying to gauge what he would look like with Osweiller as his qb.
Impossible to predict, but taking a shot in the dark, I'd say they probably throw the ball closer to 500 times than 600 times and see a drastic reduction in TDs. So I'm thinking around 110-120 targets @ 65% catch rate (pretty generous) for roughly 75 rec. So a stat line of maybe 75/1050/5.

Sounds like a pretty crazy downgrade, but that's the reality of going from a great QB to an average QB. If father time catches up to Peyton this year then Sanders will undoubtedly be overdrafted. Makes him a pretty risky investment.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders doesn't anticipate having as much receiving production in the Broncos' new offense.

Sanders ranked fifth in the NFL in receiving yards (1,404) last season. He described run-game guru Gary Kubiak and new OC Rick Dennison's offense as "totally" and "definitely" different from outgoing OC Adam Gase's. "You talk about going from a no-huddle offense to an offense that’s huddling up, to an offense that is predicated off running a football and then throwing it," said Sanders. "It’s different." It's possible that Sanders will be overdrafted in fantasy leagues by owners trying to chase last year's stats. "My goal is really to try to get a 1,000 yards to just help this team win ball games," Sanders added. Prior to 2014, Sanders spent four seasons in the NFL, and never hit 750 receiving yards.

May 27 - 10:23 PM
Source: denverbroncos.com

I was listening to the Sirius XM fantasy sports channel this morning and they listed Matt Forte and Emmanuel Sanders as two candidates likely to be busts this year.

Coaching & scheme changes were cited (along with an ongoing gradual decline for Manning in Sanders case). Prediction was that Sanders would drop to 80 catches and 1100 yards.

I was listening to the Sirius XM fantasy sports channel this morning and they listed Matt Forte and Emmanuel Sanders as two candidates likely to be busts this year.

Coaching & scheme changes were cited (along with an ongoing gradual decline for Manning in Sanders case). Prediction was that Sanders would drop to 80 catches and 1100 yards.
doesn't seem to be that much of a bust compared to his ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread