What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

Emmanuel Sanders caught 7-of-10 targets for 115 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 6 loss to the Rams.

Sanders nearly had a two-score day but got ruled down at the one-yard line on a 43-yard grab in the first quarter. Celebrating what he thought was a touchdown, Sanders was then called for taunting, pushing the Broncos back to the 15-yard line for 1st-and-goal. They had to settle for a field goal in a game they went on to lose 23-20. Sanders has come alive over the past two weeks even as Case Keenum continues to struggle, catching 16 passes for 187 yards and a touchdown. He could have a hard time staying hot in Week 7, as the Broncos will be traveling to Arizona on a short week. The Cardinals have held receiver fantasy production reasonably in check thus far.

Oct 14 - 7:46 

Wow. Ghost town in here.

I know E. Sanders runs most routes out of the slot. P. Peterson had previously stuck to one side, but I believe he's now shadowing a little.

Anyone have any insight into if PP will follow Sanders? In the slot??

I know if I was AZ, I sure as heck would (since DT is useless).

Wow. Ghost town in here.

I know E. Sanders runs most routes out of the slot. P. Peterson had previously stuck to one side, but I believe he's now shadowing a little.

Unless I'm mistaken, PP doesn't shadow receives that play the slot. This guy is quietly having a great season. He could end the year in the top 15. 

Wow. Ghost town in here.

Thomas has back to back weeks with a TD, and Peterson rarely travels inside. I wouldn't be shocked if Peterson just played one side, as you could argue Sutton is the most physically dangerous of the Broncos WR's, and Sanders didn't see him all game.

Sanders is a top-20 WR.

Yahoo just popped up a little notification on their fantasy app moving him to questionable. Is this just a glitch or did he get banged up.

Didnt think status usually changed mid game.

Anyone sell him in dynasty lately? If so, what's his value?
I have him in dynasty and think I might try to deal him--I don't think his value will be any higher. Although his ankle injury sounds minor, he has gotten nicked up the past two years and I still think Keenum will get pulled for a Kelly at some point this season. Probably by the fantasy playoffs and we have no idea what kind of rapport they will have. 

rickyg said:
Ankle injury.  Gd please make it not serious.   Last season it was ankle injuries that wrecked him.  
He's fine.   He said that he could have continued  the game if needed.   

Mouth-watering matchup next Week versus the sieve-like Chiefs secondary.   

Yeah, have him in 2 of my 4 leagues.  My only regret is I don't have him in the other two.

Becoming a triple threat now too.  Receiving and rushing TDs this year, and now adding those passing yards and TDs  ?

Stay hot Emmanuel 

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, "several teams" have shown trade interest in Emmanuel Sanders.

Sanders has been drawing trade buzz since the offseason and with Denver approaching a rebuilding phase, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Broncos moved him at next week's trade deadline. Demaryius Thomas may also be available though Sanders has been more productive and costs less money. Whether Denver decides to trade Sanders, Chris Harris, Bradley Roby or all of the above, there's a good chance the Broncos will look much different by 4 PM ET on October 30.

Source: CBS Sports 

Oct 21 - 9:18 AM

In redraft, that would suck to see him get traded.  He is killing it this year.
I'd hate to see Manny get traded.   I'd imagine that it's the Redskins and Cowboys that are most prominent in those trade inquiries, and his numbers would suffer in either situation. 

Sanders is proof positive that a really good WR can still thrive with a suspect QB.  

I'd hate to see Manny get traded.   I'd imagine that it's the Redskins and Cowboys that are most prominent in those trade inquiries, and his numbers would suffer in either situation. 

Sanders is proof positive that a really good WR can still thrive with a suspect QB.  
Smith and Dak are about the same as Keenum so he could thrive in those places also using your logic.

Smith and Dak are about the same as Keenum so he could thrive in those places also using your logic.
Yeah, but at a minimum it would take a couple weeks to get up to speed.

Is there any precedent for a WR being traded mid-season and then producing in his new role? I remember Moss went Pats --> Vikings --> Titans a few years ago and his production got worse at each stop. But he was already nearing the end of his career at that point.

Would hate to see a trade as well, but what teams would be looking for a WR that would be a good landing spot

Colts?

???

Manny's goin nowhere. 

DT probably w/ Sutton now.  I can see the donkeys moving DT for a corner w/ Roby playing bad (minus AZ)

And DEN is not in a full rebuild.  They need a qb like most NFL teams.

Manny's goin nowhere. 

DT probably w/ Sutton now.  I can see the donkeys moving DT for a corner w/ Roby playing bad (minus AZ)

And DEN is not in a full rebuild.  They need a qb like most NFL teams.
If the Colts or Eagles offer a 2nd for Sanders, that would be tough to pass up. The Eagles offered a 2nd for Copper and although he's younger and a former 1st round pick, Sanders is the better player. Maybe the Eagles and Colts make a strong push for him this week? If the Broncos ask for a 1st, I can see the Eagles or Colts opt to send the Broncos a 4th-5th for DT. 

As much as I hate to see him get traded, I do like the Eagles! 

But them paying a 1st is doubtful.  

In Philly, his production would be mixed with Ertz & Alshon getting most looks.  Sanders would compete with Ertz for targets. 

Manny's not getting traded.  Unless DEN gets blown out next sunday.  Then all bets are off.

FYI - Listening to VJ's presser and he wasn't listed in the injury / participation disclosure.  So he practiced "in full". 

think I'm benching him for chubb @ flex.  hard to do tho.

Maybe I'm seeing things through rose colored glasses, but I think Denver is a good team. Like a borderline playoff team. They are 3-4, but 3 of those losses were to the Rams, Chiefs,  and Ravens, who are are likely playoff teams, and 2 of which are super bowl contenders, and Denver was capable of winning in all 3 of those games. The Jets loss was a bad loss, but almost every non-elite team has one every year. 

I don't see Sanders, Thomas, Harris, Roby or anyone else being traded. 

Manny's not getting traded.  Unless DEN gets blown out next sunday.  Then all bets are off.

FYI - Listening to VJ's presser and he wasn't listed in the injury / participation disclosure.  So he practiced "in full". 

think I'm benching him for chubb @ flex.  hard to do tho.
You have 3 WRs performing better than him?

You have 3 WRs performing better than him?
Maybe not 3, but AB and Davante are 1 & 2.  I didn't draft a rb till round 6.  (and took manny in the 5th)

Also have Tyrell in SD.  So this is for the flex in a std start 9, 14 teamer (half ppr iirc).  I'm concerned about Keenum @ arrowhead, more so with Berry back allegedly.  Already playing Lindsay.  Maybe it's my CLE homerism.

Maybe not 3, but AB and Davante are 1 & 2.  I didn't draft a rb till round 6.  (and took manny in the 5th)

Also have Tyrell in SD.  So this is for the flex in a std start 9, 14 teamer (half ppr iirc).  I'm concerned about Keenum @ arrowhead, more so with Berry back allegedly.  Already playing Lindsay.  Maybe it's my CLE homerism.
Denver is going to be throwing the ball.  KC is going to score points.  The question is if Denver can keep up because they are not slowing the Chiefs down. 

He's pretty worthless at this point.
Gotta love fickle FF players. Dude had one bad week, and he's still the WR17 on the season (non-PPR). I'm not sweating it too much.

Even with Keenum, Sanders has a lot of value as a #2 FF WR. 

And he has mouth-watering matchups with San Francisco (Week 14),  Cleveland (Week 15) and Oakland (Week 16).   
No idea who plays slot corner for any of those teams, but looking at Yahoo's opponents log:

• SF: Got absolutely torched by Thielen, Tate, Fitz (second game only) and Humphries did pretty well, too (6/54/1). Baldwin held in check (2/22/1), as was Fitz in the first matchup
  • CLE: Mixed bag. Juju (does he play mostly in the slot?) got them pretty bad in one game, not much in the second. Boyd went 7/85/1. Sanu, Enunwa and Snead all did OK.
  • OAK: Sanders himself went 4/96/0 in Week 2. Baldwin was 6/91. Kupp went 5/52/1, Landry 4/34/1.
Overall, nothing jumping out at me, but certainly not scaring me away, either.

I will say that his low output vs Cincy followed him (briefly) showing up on the injury report with a heel injury.  Wonder if he was limited by that at all. 

At best, IMO Sanders will be a WR3 for ROS.

Immediately after the DT trade Denver drastically reduced Keenum's throws downfield to minimize his turnovers and sacks. That change also allowed for their defense and Phillip Lindsay to take over games.

Keenum has averaged only 184 yds/game passing in the last 3 games...and yet it's no coincidence the Broncos are 3-0...with zero Keenum INT's and only 4 sacks total.

The next 3 games vs. SF/CLE/OAK are very winnable with the same formula.

Great for the Broncos, sucks for Sanders' FF production.

Buck Bradcanon said:
I will say that his low output vs Cincy followed him (briefly) showing up on the injury report with a heel injury.  Wonder if he was limited by that at all. 
Didn't see the game, but on the Harris Football podcast today he was recapping it and said Sanders got blown up on a pass over the middle early on and was in and out of the game the rest of the way. Anyone else seen that?

At best, IMO Sanders will be a WR3 for ROS.
I always viewed his early-season WR1 production as unsustainable. He's been the primary option on a bad offense all season, and I think he can be a WR2 the rest of the way. That means there will be some down games, but he's still relatively safe. That is a good point linking his decline to Lindsay blowing up.

Users who are viewing this thread