What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

I was listening to the Sirius XM fantasy sports channel this morning and they listed Matt Forte and Emmanuel Sanders as two candidates likely to be busts this year.

Coaching & scheme changes were cited (along with an ongoing gradual decline for Manning in Sanders case). Prediction was that Sanders would drop to 80 catches and 1100 yards.
doesn't seem to be that much of a bust compared to his ADP.
I was thinking the same thing. As a guy who owns him in a dynasty league, I'd be happy with that. Particularly since you can tell me that they are going to run more and huddle up and all that, but it's still Peyton Fn Manning and he's going to do what he wants to do. So I expect lots of audibles and changing the plays to passing plays at the line. He's not going to become a game manager all of the sudden.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders confirmed he will move into the slot in three-receiver formations this year.

This could adversely affect Sanders' aDOT, and in turn his yards-per-catch average, which last season was 13.9, the second highest of Sanders' five-year career. A bigger question is how much Denver will utilize three-receiver sets this season. They signed Owen Daniels and Virgil Green to sizable offseason deals and may become more of a two-tight end team under Gary Kubiak.

Source: denverbroncos.com
Jul 20 - 2:37 PM

I see Sander moving into the slot as maintaining his value from last year. Keep in mind Sanders had 101 catches last and he only needed 141 targets to get there. Bay Bay had 111 catches but he had 184 targets just for a comparison.

Sanders moving into the slot on 3rd downs a place that Manning likes looking is not a negative especially if you play in ppr leagues.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders has been sidelined the last 11 days with a hamstring injury.

Originally described as a cramp, it sounds as if Sanders actually pulled his hamstring in practice on August 6. He should still be 100 percent by the regular season, but soft-tissue injuries are always concerning. He is unlikely to play in the Broncos' second preseason game.

Source: 9 News
Aug 18 - 8:17 AM

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Broncos

The Broncos believe Emmanuel Sanders is game ready despite missing a large chunk of training camp with a hamstring injury.

He's resumed practicing at full speed. "I think we went about it the right way," coach Gary Kubiak said of the Broncos' conservative approach with Sanders' hamstring. "There has been no setbacks. He's had good work."

Source: denverbroncos.com

Sep 1 - 6:27 PM

Looks like people were getting scared off this summer like the targets were not going to be there. As I said this summer, Manning is who he is and will throw the ball. Sanders owners can rest easy as he will have a very good year.

I see Sander moving into the slot as maintaining his value from last year. Keep in mind Sanders had 101 catches last and he only needed 141 targets to get there. Bay Bay had 111 catches but he had 184 targets just for a comparison.

Sanders moving into the slot on 3rd downs a place that Manning likes looking is not a negative especially if you play in ppr leagues.
Owning 3rd downs. Good call

I was listening to the Sirius XM fantasy sports channel this morning and they listed Matt Forte and Emmanuel Sanders as two candidates likely to be busts this year.

Coaching & scheme changes were cited (along with an ongoing gradual decline for Manning in Sanders case). Prediction was that Sanders would drop to 80 catches and 1100 yards.
wonk wonk wooooooonk

Had him everywhere last year. Reliable, consistent, catch machine, smart, crisp routes, fun to watch. I thought he would become the man in Pitt but they had some other guy who was pretty good. One of my favorite players. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had him everywhere last year. Reliable, consistent, catch machine, smart, crisp routes, fun to watch. I thought he would become the man in Pitt but they had some other guy who was pretty good. One of my favorite players. Enjoy.
I tried like hell to move him at the trade deadline to a contender and had no takers. I'll take another season of this!

He's clearly going to be the guy to own on this offense
Manning can't throw deep for a variety of reasons. His arm strength and accuracy are off as well as the fact that he's got someone in his face if he takes more than two steps back. He needs to do the quick strikes and the man for that is Sanders!

wonk wonk wooooooonk
So this is who I need to thank for underrating Forte and Sanders!! Just can't believe how people can be down on Forte, he is a great running back regardless of coaching changes and Sanders is a poor man's A. Brown. I was thrilled to see these guys consistently fall to me in my drafts.

Rotoworld:

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said Monday that Emmanuel Sanders escaped a significant injury when he sprained the AC joint in his shoulder in the fourth quarter of Week 6.

"Expectations are that he's going to be OK," Kubiak said. Sanders did admit Monday that his shoulder "popped out and popped back in" on the fourth-quarter play against Cleveland. Denver's Week 7 bye couldn't come at a better time for Sanders, who should have plenty of time to recuperate from the "subluxation" injury ahead of a Week 8 clash with the undefeated Packers.

Source: Jeff Legwold on Twitter

Oct 19 - 4:07 PM

Not looking good this week. :(
Yeah ankle too this week

(FFToday)Coach Gary Kubiak said Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) will be a "game-time decision" for the Broncos against Kansas City Sunday. Sanders did not practice for the third straight day and was listed as questionable on the Broncos' injury report. "I thought he would do a little more," Kubiak said. "He was really sore this morning." Kubiak said Thursday that he expects Sanders to push his way to play Sunday

#Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders is being evaluated for a possible concussion

I didn't even know he was freaking playing. No catches and he got a concussion? Smh

Am I wrong for just not being that into this guy in dynasty?
I own the guy in dynasty, and am hoping that Osweiler turns out to be the next Aaron Rodgers, learning at the knee of greatness while holding the clipboard. That's a pretty tall order, so I'm not holding my breath. I tried like hell to move the guy to a contender last year and got nothing but crickets. Even harder now to get anything for him.

I own the guy in dynasty, and am hoping that Osweiler turns out to be the next Aaron Rodgers, learning at the knee of greatness while holding the clipboard. That's a pretty tall order, so I'm not holding my breath. I tried like hell to move the guy to a contender last year and got nothing but crickets. Even harder now to get anything for him.
Sold him last week to a sucker contender for a 2016 1st.

You lucky *******!

You lucky *******!
:shrug: seems about right imo.

But I'm a believer in oz.

Had good game and then hurt next game when Peyton threw for 5 yards against KC. Really only 1 bad game all year against GB. He's going to be fine. Really need him after the Edelman injury and Osweiler can't be worse than Peyton

Had good game and then hurt next game when Peyton threw for 5 yards against KC. Really only 1 bad game all year against GB. He's going to be fine. Really need him after the Edelman injury and Osweiler can't be worse than Peyton
I need him too. he's been fine when healthy. It'll be interesting to see how he does with Osweiler.

Users who are viewing this thread