What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superman/Batman Movie... (1 Viewer)

Timeline is the issue. 2015 means there won't be another film for either superman or batman before hand. Otherwise it would smoke the avengers at the gate.

I kind of wish they'd leave batman alone for a while. These reboots so close to previous movies are annoying. I won't watch the new Spider-Man films. I probably will avoid this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You KNOW it will feature the first Superman vs Batman fight in movie history. And people will flock to see it.

AWESOME....

From darkhorizons.com

Just moments ago, filmmaker Zack Snyder and veteran actor Harry Lennox took to the stage at Warners' Saturday Comic Con presentation to confirm the news from a few hours ago that the "Man of Steel" sequel will feature Batman.

Lennox read out the quote: "I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you"

Immediately after, up came a silver "Man of Steel" logo with a Batman logo behind it.

NO mention was made at the panel regarding the OTHER rumor that emerged this morning - that we'd get a "The Flash" film in 2016 and "Justice League" movie in 2017.

Hopefully they get it to work!

Once again DC struggles to remain relevant. History really does repeat itself.

hopefully it won't be Superman throwing Batman through building after building for twenty minutes. nice to know that Superman's going to be the villain in his own movie, though.

You KNOW it will feature the first Superman vs Batman fight in movie history. And people will flock to see it.
How good can that be? Superman would destroy him.
In a fight, would you put your money on the strongest guy in the world with one serious, secret weakness, or the smartest, most strategic, best trained guy in the world with unlimited resources?Superman is a superpowered foot soldier who gets weak as a kitten if you have the right rock with you. Batman is a billionaire genius ninja. I'll take Batman.

I feel like I am the only person sick of superhero movies
it doesn't stop until people stop paying.

I agree it's getting over-the-top.. in some cases they just pump them out for the sake of pumping them out too.. quality be damned:

see: Ironman 2, the new spider-man movie, the 2nd fantastic 4 movie, every one of the transformer movies, both incredible hulks

just wait until these new star wars movies suck beyond recognition as well.

In a fight, would you put your money on the strongest guy in the world with one serious, secret weakness, or the smartest, most strategic, best trained guy in the world with unlimited resources?Superman is a superpowered foot soldier who gets weak as a kitten if you have the right rock with you. Batman is a billionaire genius ninja. I'll take Batman.
That's basically why it's completely uninteresting.

Either you have the kyrptonite.. and then frankly you wouldn't need batman level training to beat the guy up.. an FFA member or two could get the job done... who needs the bat-training?

or you don't have it.. in which case superman crushes any mortal man (even one with unlimited training and resources) so quickly it's not even funny.

In lieu of Kryptonite, which reduces superman to nothingness... i'd take him over 1,000 Batman's

That's basically why it's completely uninteresting.

Either you have the kyrptonite.. and then frankly you wouldn't need batman level training to beat the guy up.. an FFA member or two could get the job done... who needs the bat-training?

or you don't have it.. in which case superman crushes any mortal man (even one with unlimited training and resources) so quickly it's not even funny.

In lieu of Kryptonite, which reduces superman to nothingness... i'd take him over 1,000 Batman's
Batman wins 9 times out of 10.

Rather they take their time and work toward a Justice League movie. The blueprint is there from Marvel...use it.

um. Look, i can see here that you really like Batman.

I do as well, probably my second favorite superhero/comic after Spider-Man.

I like Batman even more than Superman... frankly I really think Superman is pretty boring.

Having said that, unless he has the kryptonite, he cannot kill Superman, nor injure him, nor affect him in any way.

If he has the kyrptonite, he wins 10/10 times because superman is nothing.

If he doesn't, he loses 10/10 times and it's over in less than 60 seconds and is un-interesting on every level.

I like Batman even more than Superman... frankly I really think Superman is pretty boring.

Having said that, unless he has the kryptonite, he cannot kill Superman, nor injure him, nor affect him in any way.

If he doesn't, he loses 10/10 times and it's over in less than 60 seconds and is un-interesting on every level.
Not only all of this, but he probably should end up dead as well with Superman punching right thru his rib cage and coming out the back.

All Superman needs to do is get one punch in. That's it. Just one and no more Batman movies.

Dark Knight Returns.

Not only all of this, but he probably should end up dead as well with Superman punching right thru his rib cage and coming out the back.

All Superman needs to do is get one punch in. That's it. Just one and no more Batman movies.
A fight is more than just a physical confrontatin. I don't think it'd be hard for The World's Greatest Detective to deduce who are the people that Superman cares the most about and then give the impression that he'd put them in danger in order to gain leverage on Superman.

DC released a two part animated movie of the Dark Knight Returns, it's pretty good.

Batman usually fights Superman because Superman is either a government stooge, under some kind of mind control or has gone rouge.

Why would superman fight batman?
In the book The Dark Knight Returns, Superman has basically become a Yes Man for the U.S. Government and is ordered to bring in a rogue Batman.
well this is ######ed
There's a more recent representation of Batman as being obsessive over humans being able to chart their own destiny; particularly in the face of super powered beings. Kingdom Come and Red Son kind of showcase that. Based on the level of concern by the goverment in regards to Superman in The Man of Steel....I'd imagine that the initial focus of the Batman/Superman conflict will be that Batman is making sure that Superman isn't a threat to humanity.

ScottNorwood said:
This is nothing. I'm working on a Swamp Thing / Rutherford B Hayes crossover.
Didn't Tim already run a poll on this? Who would win in a fight? Or which one do you respect more?

What's kryptonite's range of effectiveness on Superman?

Couldn't he just stay at a distance and shoot heat vision and throw buildings at Batman?

Users who are viewing this thread