What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go to Bloody Mary Recipe (1 Viewer)

Ice, Clamato juice, worcestershire sauce, celery salt, pepper, lime juice, tabasco and a teaspoon of horseradish ..... oh, and vodka ;)

Gently shake to mix everything together and enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a secret blend of 12 herbs and spices I would put in my mix. Now, I go with..

Buy bottle of vodka. Make 1 martini with it. Use empty space in vodka bottle to add a handful of chopped pickled jalapenos. Allow to steep for a week or so. Then...

2 shots jalapeno vodka with about 8-10 oz Zing Zang bloody mary mix. Serve in a pint glass over ice with a lime wedge.

Zing Zang mix is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. It's like someone stole my secret recipe and bottled it.

Horseradish, worchestershire, juice from banana peppers jar, beef stock, V8 Original, and the dry rub I use for roast beef, simmered for about a half hour, then cooled. Add the cheapest vodka you can find. Garnish with olives, hate, and regret.

I used to have a secret blend of 12 herbs and spices I would put in my mix. Now, I go with..

Buy bottle of vodka. Make 1 martini with it. Use empty space in vodka bottle to add a handful of chopped pickled jalapenos. Allow to steep for a week or so. Then...

2 shots jalapeno vodka with about 8-10 oz Zing Zang bloody mary mix. Serve in a pint glass over ice with a lime wedge.

Zing Zang mix is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. It's like someone stole my secret recipe and bottled it.
This.

Zing Zang has rendered hand mixing Bloodies all but obsolete.

This.

Anyone know if this is available int Giant or Wegmans food stores in the north east?

This.

What's especially great is that every bar (in Florida at least) seems to have defaulted to ZZ as their standard mix. I used to hate ordering Bloody Maries (Marys?) at bars because they would range from delicious to Satanic in quality. Going Zing Zang across the board now allows me to order them without worry anywhere I go.

This.

Anyone know if this is available int Giant or Wegmans food stores in the north east?
Not sure, but down here Publix (the biggest grocery chain in FL) and every major liquor store has it.

I prefer a bloody mary bar where they give you either a single or double on the rocks and you add your own ingredients (mixes, sauces, condiments, meats, cheeses, veggies, etc). Mainly because I cant stand horseradish in mine and a lot of people put that in.

If it doesn't have clamato, it's not worth drinking.

Canadians made this drink otherworldly - look up caesar cocktail recipes.

clamato

fresh horseradish

garlic dill pickle juice

garlic dill pickle

salami

salt/pepper/celery salt

shot of dark beer (porter or stout)
A place we go includes a 4 oz. Guinness with their bloody mary. Never heard of that tradition before, but it's a nice complement.

When I was a bartender I always used Clamato with celery salt, worcestershire, a little Tabasco, and some horseradish. I will have to look into this Zing Zang stuff...

Another vote for Zing Zang. Clamato, horseradish, pepper, tabasco, worcestershire, and of course vodka was the previous go to if I'm making them myself. ZZ is fantastic stuff though.

This place called Ella's in Tampa serves their BM's with a smoked spare rib as a garnish on top of the glass. Just wanted to mention that because I think it's fantastically original.

Vodka, v-8 original, v-8 spicy, celery salt, worcestershire sauce, crystal hotsauce, celery stalk, green olives,

No Zing Zang at Wegmans or Giant food stores. Asked about it and it was never heard of.

Seems like I will have order this online.

Another vote for Zing Zang's. Been on it for the last 4 or 5 years. If you are in Missouri/Kansas it can be a bit hard to find, but I know a couple liquor stores do carry it.

Another vote for Zing Zang's. Been on it for the last 4 or 5 years. If you are in Missouri/Kansas it can be a bit hard to find, but I know a couple liquor stores do carry it.
Zing Zang is the bomb. I like it for Bloody Beers also. I found it at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.

V8

Wostershire

A scoop of fresh horseradish

1-2 cloves of minced garlic

A cucumber

A jalapeno

Salt

Pepper

half a lime squeezed

half a lemon squeezed

Blend that up

seahawk 17 said:
PitbullTD said:
Zing Zang is the bomb. I like it for Bloody Beers also. I found it at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.
Never done the Bloody Beer, I'm assuming its the same as "Red Beer" (adding clamato to beer)??

seahawk 17 said:
PitbullTD said:
Never done the Bloody Beer, I'm assuming its the same as "Red Beer" (adding clamato to beer)??
Exactly. This weekend I had beer and Clamato, topped off with Zing Zang. The perfect morning drink for football.

Zing Zang is my go-to Bloody Mary mix as well. I had no idea it was so universally beloved around here, but my wife loves it. I usually make mine with around 50% more vodka than the bottle recommends, fresh lime juice, fresh ground black pepper, Slap Ya Mama Cajun spice blend, and a few splashes of cajun hot sauce and then I garnish it with fresh horseradish and bacon. We like our Bloodies spicy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Zing Zang at Wegmans or Giant food stores. Asked about it and it was never heard of.

The Wegmans app has Zing Zang listed, just not available at every store. Am planing to check this weekend.

If I am making for 1, and don't go thru enough to mix multiple bottles, if I wanted to get the same effect as mixing a Zing Zang and a Clamato, couldn't I just add a small amount of clam juice to the Zing Zang (or other).

What do you think the ratio would be?

TIA,

Mr. Ected said:

The Wegmans app has Zing Zang listed, just not available at every store. Am planing to check this weekend.If I am making for 1, and don't go thru enough to mix multiple bottles, if I wanted to get the same effect as mixing a Zing Zang and a Clamato, couldn't I just add a small amount of clam juice to the Zing Zang (or other).

TIA,
1 part Zing Zang and 0 parts clam juice.

Mr. Ected said:

The Wegmans app has Zing Zang listed, just not available at every store. Am planing to check this weekend.If I am making for 1, and don't go thru enough to mix multiple bottles, if I wanted to get the same effect as mixing a Zing Zang and a Clamato, couldn't I just add a small amount of clam juice to the Zing Zang (or other).

TIA,
Any particular reason? I see lots of people listing recipes mixing ZZ and Clamato.

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
Any particular reason? I see lots of people listing recipes mixing ZZ and Clamato.
No point. The Zing Zang will overwhelm the Clamato and it doesn't need any help. If you like it particularly spicy, add Tabasco or Sriracha to taste, or use jalapeno or habanero infused vodka.

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
No point. The Zing Zang will overwhelm the Clamato and it doesn't need any help. If you like it particularly spicy, add Tabasco or Sriracha to taste, or use jalapeno or habanero infused vodka.
Gotcha.

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
I love EG but this is a lie. Clamato, or V8...top off with ZZ. No other ingredients needed.

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
I love EG but this is a lie. Clamato, or V8...top off with ZZ. No other ingredients needed.
I drink V8 every day and love it, but ZZ is perfect for bloodies on its own. No need to cut it, IMO.

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
I drink V8 every day and love it, but ZZ is perfect for bloodies on its own. No need to cut it, IMO.
Do you drink the "Spicy Hot" version of V-8? It's not bad. Just noticed that they now have low sodium version. For an 8 oz serving, the difference is 650 mg vs. 140 mg (27% vs 6% daily value). Better if that is a concern!

Mr. Ected said:

TIA,
Do you drink the "Spicy Hot" version of V-8? It's not bad. Just noticed that they now have low sodium version. For an 8 oz serving, the difference is 650 mg vs. 140 mg (27% vs 6% daily value). Better if that is a concern!
The spicy version is good, but I prefer the original for whatever reason. I tried the low sodium a few times and just didn't care for it - switched back to old reliable.

Evilgrin 72 said:
packattack88 said:
zing zag is pretty good, not a huge fan of all the seeds you end up with in the glass though....
I usually end up with a lot of black pepper, just don't drink the last 1/4 ounce and rinse the glass before making another.
Yup, ZZ is some thick stuff. Delicious, but thick as gumbo.

Nobody else likes the McClures? They are a pickle company and the bm mix is made with the leftover pickling liquid, it's extremely spicy with major acid punch. Blows my mind his good it is.

For Xmas morning, bought Zing-Zang at a Harris Teeter. Also recently was walking through a Super Target and saw some there. Snagged some, just because...

Just a couple of suggestions on places to look!

Zing Zang is available on Amazon at $16 for a 64 oz jug (Prime eligible). Not sure how that compares to being able to purchase locally but I've never seen it around here. 

FWIW I remember you guys swearing by one particular brand years ago and searched for this thread after deciding to make bloody marys for a tailgate on Saturday...so thanks. 

I was a Zing Zang guy until I tasted Calvin and Cleos Horseradish mix. By far the best mix I've ever tasted, and it's not really close for me. Like any bloody, though, it's not nearly as good unless you add a little Worcestershire to the glass. This already has some in the mix, but I've found it still needs a dash or so.

Horseradish Version is the Bomb

I was a Zing Zang guy until I tasted Calvin and Cleos Horseradish mix. By far the best mix I've ever tasted, and it's not really close for me. Like any bloody, though, it's not nearly as good unless you add a little Worcestershire to the glass. This already has some in the mix, but I've found it still needs a dash or so.

Horseradish Version is the Bomb
Do all the versions contain horseradish? Not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread