What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Riley Cooper (1 Viewer)

ShaHBucks

Footballguy
I guess he's worth discussing now?? He is not a Maclin replacement. He plays nothing like Maclin, and Maclin plays nothing like him. If I had to make a comp, he a lesser/unproven version of big, physical, receivers with hands like Decker/ Nelson/ Mike Williams. Eagles have lacked a big recerver for awhile. He's always played decent with Maclin out. If Foles is to be any good, I think he carries a WR like Cooper for the ride. I'm not confident he works at all with Mike Vick's style. I can see a WR4-5 finish unless the Eagles sign a vet.

Cooper's best asset to the team will be his run blocking. Having him in the lineup may ultimately prove better for their scheme if it's to mirror what Chip did at Oregon in some ways. Not really sure Maclin was much of a blocker. DJax will be the only Eagles WR worth owning in fantasy imo.

This is not about cooper being a guy that becomes what Maclin was. This is more about an opportunity being opened up for a player to step in and possibly establish himself as his own kind of player. On a team with a new coach and new scheme, the opportunity is more on the table than had this happened on a team that was firmly established with their system. With the injury happening so early, even more so.

The opportunity here is for cooper to be that guy that they have nowhere else on this team in that he can be a legit redzone target that plays outside. That in itself should make him a legit candidate for 7-9 tads this year. If Foles becomes the qb, I think the number of catches likely increases too.

He is probably not going to make or break anyone's season this year and be a 70 catch guy with 1000 and 10 but he could definitely be a guy that goes 55 for 725 and 8.

I'm still not sure Cooper makes the team. I've never liked anything about his game and he never did much with Desean and Maclin being injured over the last two years.

I'm still not sure Cooper makes the team. I've never liked anything about his game and he never did much with Desean and Maclin being injured over the last two years.
This is not true at all. He's not getting cut. He's avg something like 70yds per start. I have to find the exact numbers.

And a racist. Go to youtube and search riley cooper and see him at the Kenny Chesney concert. Cut that loser. He drops multiple "N" Bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a racist. Go to youtube and search riley cooper and see him at the Kenny Chesney concert. Cut that loser. He drops multiple "N" Bombs.
I agree! I'd much rather have a guy ridding around drunk or with a gun!

Kill him and Zimmerman together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much does this impact his value? Most people have blind bid waivers and the like.

Don't you think his teammates already know what type of guy he is? One little drunk tantrum wouldn't change their opinion that much, would it?

On the other hand, does anyone remember John Rocker?

Fortunately he's playing for one of the newest fantasy wasteland called the Eagles. Zero impact fantasy wise.

Not defending Riley but I doubt there are many blacks at a Kenny Chesney concert.
He might have to do deal with a few in the Eagles lockerroom
And possibly some hard-hitting safeties.
Especially after Michael Vick's brother just went to Twitter and offered a $1,000 bounty on Riley for whatever DB knocks the hell out of him
That sounds enticing to guys collecting 5-6 figure checks. What a idiot.

Not defending Riley but I doubt there are many blacks at a Kenny Chesney concert.
Especially after Michael Vick's brother just went to Twitter and offered a $1,000 bounty on Riley for whatever DB knocks the hell out of him
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/marcus-vick-brother-of-eagles-qb-puts-bounty-on-riley-cooper/

I think Cooper is going to have a tough time getting the stench of bring a racist off himself. How can you be in that locker room after that? I don't think this will end well for him.

This will end badly. At the bare minimum it will effect locker room chemistry in a bad way.

At worst, he'll be cut. He's a marginal WR, marginal WRs just can't get away with this sort of behavior.

he apologizied (after he got caught), everyone has a bad moment every now and then. He didn't break any laws and don't think he should lose his job or be fined over this unless it theres multiple instances of this happening with him. But I'm sure the league will be PC and destory him.

:lmao: Marcus Vick doesn't have $1000
That was the first thing I thought of when I read it...Michael will have to spot him

So this scumbag says that he does not use this word regularly (or somesuch response when asked by a reporter during the apology video). Now I realize that he has no other option but to say no. But is anyone really buying that he hasn't said that word a few hundred times? He was at a Kenny freaking Chesney concert for crying out loud. Doesn't get much dumber than that.

he apologizied (after he got caught), everyone has a bad moment every now and then. He didn't break any laws and don't think he should lose his job or be fined over this unless it theres multiple instances of this happening with him. But I'm sure the league will be PC and destory him.
Dude, this would get you fired in tons of lines of work.

:lmao: Marcus Vick doesn't have $1000
That was the first thing I thought of when I read it...Michael will have to spot him
In that case, Michael should just knock out Cooper. It is the only way he can be certain to get his money back.

Depends on if the team likes selling tickets or not as I doubt this will endeer him to the fans in Philly. Plus the league is rightfully concerned with their image. Cooper has no one to blame but himself for this if the outcome is his release..

I'd guess he is done. Be pretty surprised if that's not the case.

That being said, if anyone thinks that word isn't used daily in an NFL locker room and at practice they have to be kidding themselves. I guarantee you it's said on Sunday as well in the heat of battle.

Just not by him.......

ETA: Didn't watch the video originally and just watched it. OOOF! He is done.

Nothing PC here. Cooper wasn't caught singing some rap song or thought it was okay when hanging out with the other WRs on the Eagles. He used as a slur with a hint towards violence. It was used with all the historical negative baggage associated with that word. His act was overtly bigoted.

Probably the worst thing you could do to ruin ever being accepted in an NFL locker room. Seriously. Aaron Hernandez would be welcomed back more quickly.

That sounds enticing to guys collecting 5-6 figure checks. What a idiot.
Great point...as if the idea of a bounty isn't sensitive enough - he offers $1000! Classic. This only adds to the bad rep the Vick's have. Dumb response to a dumb move...

Users who are viewing this thread