What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (2 Viewers)

Obviously Eifert is a bit inconsistent, but Ive been starting both him and Kelce in the league I have TE. Dalton is rolling, hoping for Eifert's numbers to start being 5/50 as a floor. Honestly, they should be.

Obviously Eifert is a bit inconsistent, but Ive been starting both him and Kelce in the league I have TE. Dalton is rolling, hoping for Eifert's numbers to start being 5/50 as a floor. Honestly, they should be.
I own him in one league and unless someone gets hurt his numbers won't be consistent all year. The Bengals just have too many weapons and Dalton really seems to have grown as a quarterback this year. Think about this for the passing game. Green, Gio, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu. All these guys have shown they can deliver when called upon.

I own him in one league and unless someone gets hurt his numbers won't be consistent all year. The Bengals just have too many weapons and Dalton really seems to have grown as a quarterback this year. Think about this for the passing game. Green, Gio, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu. All these guys have shown they can deliver when called upon.
True but like Gronk, Eifert does his damage in the red zone and he's been targeted there consistently all year. Even his game where he got a big fat zero I'm pretty sure he had a near TD grab

Consistent compared to who? You won't find any TE outside of Gronk who's as secure a bet for 5 and 50 every week. He will probably finish top 2-3 TE. I don't know what more you could ask for.

Everything you said could be applied to Green as well. Eifert is a top 3-4 TE in the NFL and Green is a top 5-6 WR. They will each get theirs over the course of the season.

Is it going to be 100+ yards and a score every week? No, but you can't expect that every week from anyone.

Consistent compared to who? You won't find any TE outside of Gronk who's as secure a bet for 5 and 50 every week. He will probably finish top 2-3 TE. I don't know what more you could ask for.

Everything you said could be applied to Green as well. Eifert is a top 3-4 TE in the NFL and Green is a top 5-6 WR. They will each get theirs over the course of the season.

Is it going to be 100+ yards and a score every week? No, but you can't expect that every week from anyone.
That is what I meant, they both are going to have monster weeks like this and some weeks with duds because they are so balanced on offense. Gronk is the only safe bet.

timbrah_ho said:
Godsbrother said:
Eifert should have a huge game this Sunday. The Steelers have been unable to cover the TE at all this season.
Yep great matchup this week. Only question with Eifert moving forward is the abundance of options in that CIN offense
There are options, but Eifert's going to get his. He's the #2 guy overall, and the obvious #1 inside the 20. Eifert has actually led the Bengals in targets in 3 of their 6 games. His 6 touchdowns in the red zone paces the NFL, (Gronk, Fitzgerald, and Allen Robinson each have 5), and Eifert has four touchdowns on five targets inside the 10. On the one hand, these numbers are red flags for touchdown regression. On the other hand... forget Kelce, Eifert is Gronk-lite around the goal line.

Can Eifert become the lead receiver on the team? Nuts, right?
Yardage and catch wise I doubt he will lead the team, but I could see him 3rd in receptions, 2nd in yards and 1st in touchdowns. That would probably put him around 65ish for 900 and 12. That should be good for around a top 5 tight.
12 TDs? On a team with AJ Green who I think most will say will be the overall first choice to lead the team in TDS. So, Andy Dalton's floor for TDs this year is 25 with Hill, Gio, Jones, Sanu, etc? I think your yardage prediction is very obtainable but I'd say 9 tds maybe. You can't play the Raiders every week and you can't have zero TDs for Green every week (and I say this as an Eifert owner and not an AJ Green Owner. I am just being what I think is more realistic for a team with AJ Green on it).
Like I said Eifert will lead this team in touchdowns.

He's a stud no doubt. 9 tds on the season. Yardage a bit lacking. But not gonna complain.

So nice to have a set it and forget it option at te.

Eifert... I don't think there is a TE other than Gronk I would want to own in any kind of league

Last edited by a moderator:
Before last season I traded 2015 firsts in two dynasty leagues for him. Was obviously a disappointment last year.

Proving to be probably the best move I've ever made this year.

Before last season I traded 2015 firsts in two dynasty leagues for him. Was obviously a disappointment last year.

That is crazy that it took a 1st to get him. At our rookie draft this year I was begging anyone in the league with an early 2nd to trade me so I could draft Dorsett. I am glad everyone turned me down.

Went undrafted in our 10-team 25-man roster, start 2 TE league. I couldn't believe it, this league is usually right on top of it. I picked him up for free in the post-draft waiver period prior to the season.

That is crazy that it took a 1st to get him. At our rookie draft this year I was begging anyone in the league with an early 2nd to trade me so I could draft Dorsett. I am glad everyone turned me down.
He was talking about last offseason, not this one. When he traded for him, he was coming off a decent rookie season (considering the timeshare with Gresham) and was supposed to be taking over as the starter, relegating Gresham to the bench that year. His value was much higher at that point than the year after only playing 8 snaps.

Drafted this guy as a rookie in both leagues I'm in. One is a pure keeper, the other is a contract league. With his turd last year, I was able to re-up the guy for next to nothing for 3 more years!

I thought I was going to have a quandry every week between him and Ertz, but despite Bradford playing on a no huddle O all game, and not willing or unable to throw the deep ball, Ertz still sucks. Which makes it a guarantee that I get all the big games from Eiffert because I got nobody else...

Can Eifert become the lead receiver on the team? Nuts, right?
Yardage and catch wise I doubt he will lead the team, but I could see him 3rd in receptions, 2nd in yards and 1st in touchdowns. That would probably put him around 65ish for 900 and 12. That should be good for around a top 5 tight.
12 TDs? On a team with AJ Green who I think most will say will be the overall first choice to lead the team in TDS. So, Andy Dalton's floor for TDs this year is 25 with Hill, Gio, Jones, Sanu, etc? I think your yardage prediction is very obtainable but I'd say 9 tds maybe. You can't play the Raiders every week and you can't have zero TDs for Green every week (and I say this as an Eifert owner and not an AJ Green Owner. I am just being what I think is more realistic for a team with AJ Green on it).
Like I said Eifert will lead this team in touchdowns.
Was that 9 TD's after 8 weeks? Because he's on pace to double your prediction! :excited:

Drafted this guy as a rookie in both leagues I'm in. One is a pure keeper, the other is a contract league. With his turd last year, I was able to re-up the guy for next to nothing for 3 more years!

I thought I was going to have a quandry every week between him and Ertz, but despite Bradford playing on a no huddle O all game, and not willing or unable to throw the deep ball, Ertz still sucks. Which makes it a guarantee that I get all the big games from Eiffert because I got nobody else...
How I feel after reading this...

I was lucky Kelce was on bye this week or I would have probably missed the beasting last night. I guess he is an every week start, but I sat Kelce for Eifert the previous week and of course Kelce gets a TD and Eifert got 3 points vs Pitt.

I was lucky Kelce was on bye this week or I would have probably missed the beasting last night. I guess he is an every week start, but I sat Kelce for Eifert the previous week and of course Kelce gets a TD and Eifert got 3 points vs Pitt.
Not a bad problem to have.

Trade one of them for help at another position

I don't see him yet at gronk level BC in too many games the yardage isn't there. Gronk has 3td upside but also puts up 100 td receiving games at a good clip. Eifert's pretty darn close though. He is what I though Kelce would be this year.

I don't see him yet at gronk level BC in too many games the yardage isn't there. Gronk has 3td upside but also puts up 100 td receiving games at a good clip. Eifert's pretty darn close though. He is what I though Kelce would be this year.
Kelce would be Eifert on almost every other team in the league.

Kelce would be Eifert on almost every other team in the league.
Agreed. KC just doesn't care to get kelce the ball enough.

Users who are viewing this thread