What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (1 Viewer)

WW for TE is especially picked over due to Gronk/Graham injuries last week. If I didn't have a solid backup TE, I'd be pretty tempted to wait until Sunday morning and play him if he's active or grab a last minute boom/bust guy if he's inactive.
I can't imagine having to scour the WW at this time of the year for a TE. Good luck, bro...
Especially when you have Gronkowski and Eifert and figure you're pretty much set at TE. :hot:

WW for TE is especially picked over due to Gronk/Graham injuries last week. If I didn't have a solid backup TE, I'd be pretty tempted to wait until Sunday morning and play him if he's active or grab a last minute boom/bust guy if he's inactive.
I can't imagine having to scour the WW at this time of the year for a TE. Good luck, bro...
I can't imagine having to scour the WW at this time of year for a RB.

And actually there are some interesting options at TE. Not so much at RB.

I can't imagine having to scour the WW at this time of year for a RB.

And actually there are some interesting options at TE. Not so much at RB.
RB is always tough, have to stock the bench and hope for some luck.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert

Tyler Eifert (neck) returned to practice Wednesday and is "on track" to play Week 14 against the Steelers.
After missing last week with a stinger, Eifert was in full pads Wednesday. He'll be ready to return as long as he doesn't suffer any setbacks. With Rob Gronkowski (knee) likely out, Eifert may be the top tight end for the playoffs.

With improved health for Green, Jones, Eifert, and Gio, passing attempts should increase. Last year, the Bengals attempted 503 passes; in 2013, they attempted 587. I realize Hue Jackson and Jeremy Hill influenced that drop, but I think this year will fall somewhere in the middle of those two numbers.

Gresham had 79 targets in 15 games last season. If Eifert remains healthy, he should have 100+. If so, IMO he will be a top 10 TE.
I'm not sure if he can be the TE that catches it in traffic with a DB on his back.

Reminds me too much of Dustin Keller.

Also, fwiw I don't think these pretty TEs that play the slot are as useful in playoff games and tight games as the beast who can catch balls in traffic. There's 8000 games where Tony G or Gates made splendid plays like this but also guys like Mark Bruener or Heath Miller. In a playoff game, I'd rather Miller over Eifert.
Lol...first highlight in the video

Also, his best attribute IMO (and he has a lot of good ones) is his ability to high point the football. So, I really don't think a 5'10 DB is going to give him much trouble securing the ball "in traffic".
Funny you chose a route where he is on the sideline when most TEs are beasts over the middle.

I don't doubt you can find some though, I'd just like to see it with regularity.
Has he proven it to you this year yet?

Too little too late in two leagues including the subscriber. Got bounced in the HA1 playoffs with both he and Heath Miller out (and leaving Baldwin on the bench). My third league starts the playoffs week 14. Hoping for no setbacks this week.

I kind of figured he was going to not play. Championship week too? Options are very limited, Belldozer/McDonald on my roster already an scrap scrap the wire Tamme, Daniels, Cook, Celek, Fells, Kroft?

2016 should be interesting for him. The loss of Jones and Sanu would point to more targets for him, but the loss of Hue Jackson could impact him negatively because it's hard to argue with a 1 TD per game pace...

2016 should be interesting for him. The loss of Jones and Sanu would point to more targets for him, but the loss of Hue Jackson could impact him negatively because it's hard to argue with a 1 TD per game pace...
I agree, i believe almost all of this TDs came in the redzone so i still see him scoring a bunch since dalton seemed to always look to him first there. I wouldnt say he was TD dependent but would think he becomes a more consistent TE this year even if he scores less Tds because without jones and sanu he probably gets a couple more targets inbetween the 20s which would hopefully mean more yards and catches. 

Bengals will have to address the WR postion in the draft and i think that could have a big impact on him...Doctson is one ive seen and if he lands there i would think the above scenario is what will happen, doctson would be able to get some redzone targets as he is also quite big. The WR i would like to see them get is coleman or fuller, that will open up some space underneath for eifert and then would still allow him to get a bunch of redzone looks 

Bengals will have to address the WR postion in the draft and i think that could have a big impact on him...
But not necessarily for 2016.  I don't think any of the WRs in this draft are ready to be major contributors (at least not for the first 8-12 games of the season).

Most of them. His splits say he scored 2 TDs outside the red zone, 8 between the 6-20, and 3 inside the 5.

He was only on a 91 target pace last year. Given his high catch rate he would really crush it with a couple more targets per game. They only threw the ball 505 times last year, so it would be hard to imagine a new OC calling less passes. Jones and Sanu accounted for 152 (30%) of the team's targets.

it is well known that the old earfarter is going to kick butt this year and take names and those names are going to be anyone who doubted him expecially since vontaze headhunterdero is going to be out for a couple of weeks to start the year take that to the bank brochachos

tangfoot said:
But not necessarily for 2016.  I don't think any of the WRs in this draft are ready to be major contributors (at least not for the first 8-12 games of the season).
right now the only names i know for WRs on the bengals are AJ green and brandon tate, i believe i also saw they had two other practice squad WR or something too. Green is good but to be an offense like they were last year i would really think they would want some better wrs after green. i actually really like the wrs this year as its a pretty deep class and quite a few have some wrs going in the third rd...i know i have seen coleman, fuller and doctson mocked to them in the first and i think they could fit very good, i own Green in a couple of leagues so id rather they go coleman or fuller so he doesnt have another guy on top of eifert stealing redzone targets. maybe a guy like Michael thomas falls in the second rd or tyler boyd who reminds me of jarvis landry and could be a good possession receiver to go with Green and eifert. I have also seen to other WRs i think can be pretty good in Kenny Lawler, Leonte carroo and Rashad Higgins go in the late third to fourth rds, all of these rookies would be better then any FA WR thats left and would have a very good chance to help the offense.

Since this thread is about eifert-i would say the rookie wrs i have mentioned that could hurt eiferts stock the most would be doctson, boyd and thomas. boyd because he would be a safety valve and end up with a bunch of targets and the other two because they have good size and could take redzone targets

it is well known that the old earfarter is going to kick butt this year and take names and those names are going to be anyone who doubted him expecially since vontaze headhunterdero is going to be out for a couple of weeks to start the year take that to the bank brochachos
I gotta be honest.  I love your schtick.  

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Tyler Eifert (ankle surgery) is "in jeopardy" for Week 1.
Eifert would basically have to have no snags in his rehab to be ready, and "no snags" has never been Eifert's health M.O. Eifert will undoubtedly miss the entire preseason, and likely spend the majority of camp on the active/PUP list. Barring a major setback, he should be able to avoid reserve/PUP, which would cost him six games.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Tyler Eifert "could miss the first couple of games of the season" following Wednesday's ankle surgery.
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Eifert is undergoing surgery to "repair a loose ligament on the side of his foot," and the "worst-case scenario" is Eifert "to be out the first few games" of the season. Eifert initially injured his ankle in the Pro Bowl, and it's been giving him fits ever since. It may be around midseason before Eifert truly makes an impact since he'll miss the entire offseason.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 
May 25 - 8:35 AM

That doesn't sound like a minimal surgical procedure. He's going to be going really late in drafts, so could be a value, but also could be a complete dud.

Former NFL head team physician David Chao reports Tyler Eifert's ankle surgery requires 3-4 months recovery.
Chao works for Sirius XM NFL Radio and was an NFL head team physician for 17 years. He knows what he's talking about. Eifert is undergoing surgery on Wednesday to repair a "loose ligament" in his ankle, and according to Chao, Eifert is "in jeopardy" for the start of the season. Eifert's recovery is going to have to go as smoothly as possible for him not to miss regular-season action.

Source: David Chao on Twitter 
May 25 - 9:58 AM

ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey does not expect Tyler Eifert (ankle surgery) to be ready for Week 1.
It's just one reporter's opinion, but certainly in line with the 3-4 month timeline Eifert received after going under the knife last month. Eifert has also never been known as a quick healer. A touchdown-scoring force who's had trouble staying healthy, Eifert is shaping up as a major risk/reward TE1.

Source: Mike Clay on Twitter 
Jun 16 - 10:17 PM

In a Q&A on Bengals.com, director of personnel Duke Tobin indicated Tyler Eifert (ankle surgery) is likely to miss regular season games.
ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey recently said he doesn't expect Eifert to be ready for Week 1, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Eifert could miss "the first couple games of the season" shortly after he underwent surgery. Tobin made the admission when asked about Cincinnati's makeshift receiver corps behind A.J. Green. "It’s a position group that’s in flux, and it’s a position group that’s going to have to step up – particularly with Eifert out early in the year," Tobin said. Eifert's Average Draft Position has fallen nearly four rounds since his surgery. It doesn't sound like owners should plan on having him available for the start of the season.

Source: bengals.com
Jul 10 - 5:24 PM

A league source told the Cincinnati Enquirer that Tyler Eifert's ankle rehab is "on schedule and progressing as planned."
What this means exactly for Eifert's return isn't clear, but it's better than hearing Eifert's recovery is behind schedule or not progressing as planned. The Cincy Enquirer says that "at the time of" Eifert's surgery on May 27 "the plan was for him to be ready for the Sept. 11 regular season opener in New York." Multiple reports since have stated Eifert is unlikely to be ready for Week 1. The Bengals may not know for sure until late August.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer 
Jul 24 - 2:42 PM

Bengals.com doesn't expect Tyler Eifert (ankle surgery) back until "early in the regular season."
This has been hinted at elsewhere, but it's more noteworthy coming from ace in-house reporter Geoff Hobson. The Bengals play the first three Sundays of the season before getting saddled with the Thursday Night Game in Week 4. Perhaps that will end up the over/under on Eifert's return. We should have a clearer picture by the end of camp.

Source: bengals.com 
Aug 4 - 10:24 PM

Tyler Eifert (ankle) is targeting Weeks 4-6 for his return, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

The Cincinnati Enquirer hinted Friday that Eifert was still holding out hope for Week 1, but Rapsheet's report seems to eliminate that possibility. Eifert only recently resumed jogging after undergoing ankle surgery three months ago. If Rapoport's timetable holds, the earliest we'd see Eifert back on the field would be September 29 against Miami. Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd figure to be more involved in the passing game while Eifert is sidelined.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

how low do you let this guy drop in 1.5 TEPPR?
Mediocre receptions per game stat (which becomes more of a concern in a league that heavily emphasizes receptions), expected regression in the touchdown department, and a gnarly ankle injury that may leave him unusable to me for potentially half of the fantasy football regular season. That's enough for me to let somebody snag him at his current ADP. 

Were he to fall a round or two though, matching him up with a guy like Gates might provide an above average tight end position for the year at decent value. When healthy, Gates has continued to produce, so my hope would be I could utilize him the first four/five weeks of the season before the inevitable injury hits, and then I could slot Eifert right into that spot. 

I'm honestly thinking of dropping him at this point.  4 weeks is a lot of weeks and i have walker as my other te.  

I'm honestly thinking of dropping him at this point.  4 weeks is a lot of weeks and i have walker as my other te.  
Had my draft a few nights ago and the guy that took Eifert dropped him. I want to throw some faab at him but having trouble deciding how much. Looks like about 15% of budget is what ill do but honestly hoping someone spends more. Im pretty set at te with Kelce & Martellus (i could potentially start 3 te's though and my wr's are kind of weak) and Eifert may be a tough hold at the end of my bench for 4+ weeks.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis confirmed TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) will not practice this week.
Tyler Kroft (knee) will ramp up his activity this week, but he is still questionable at best for the season opener. C.J. Uzomah started the third preseason game and could open the season as the No. 1 tight end.

Source: Jim Owczarski on Twitter 
Sep 5 - 12:44 PM

Users who are viewing this thread