Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

Tyler Eifert, TE (CIN)

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis confirmed TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) will not practice this week.

Tyler Kroft (knee) will ramp up his activity this week, but he is still questionable at best for the season opener. C.J. Uzomah started the third preseason game and could open the season as the No. 1 tight end.

Sep 5 - 12:44 PM

12 hours ago, need2know said:

Any update on when he may return?

ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports it will still "be a few weeks" until Tyler Eifert (ankle) is able to play.

Eifert said Wednesday he is still only running at half speed, which makes the "few weeks" timetable seem awfully optimistic. Even if he was healthy, Eifert would have been a prime regression candidate, and it is reasonable to think he could sit out until Week 6 or later. He is not a must hold in standard-sized redraft leagues. C.J. Uzomah will continue to start and is an interesting streaming option in deeper formats.

Source: ESPN
Sep 15 - 9:22 AM

Tyler Eifert (ankle) was on the field running routes before Sunday's game against the Steelers.

Eifert isn't playing this week but he's showing signs of progress. The Bengals expect him to return sometime between Weeks 4-6. C.J. Uzomah has been starting in his place.

Uzomah and Kroft combined for 12 targets last week. Eifert is going to be awesome again when he's back. From the sound of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in a limited capacity by week 4.

• Like 1

He's listed as Questionable this week...I would say he probably could play Sunday but it would not be at the level he or the team would like so it's going to be Week 4. If it went much further out they could have just put him on the PUP to start the season so they want to get him out there. 

I agree, this is going to be a nice injection when he gets back on the field for owners who have stashed him. 

16 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

Is he worth more than a WR3 in a flex position in PPR?  WR's comparable to Wallace, Maclin, Sharpe.

I would start all three of those over Eifert this week. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

Is he worth more than a WR3 in a flex position in PPR?  WR's comparable to Wallace, Maclin, Sharpe.

Definitely not this week, but going forward he might get a consideration over Wallace and Sharpe. Maclin is a solid WR2 in my opinion and should easily be started over all of these guys in ppr. I think Wallace and Sharpe will both be 6-7 targets per week guys. If Eifert is consistently getting 7 a week, I'd probably roll with him due to his red zone usage.

• Like 1

He's on the ww in one league.  I really want to pick him up cause my te sucks.  Would you drop dwayne washington for him?  I could drop jesse james but he's my only te.  I would have to take a 0 at the te spot this week. I am a 20 pt favorite.  I can't drop anyone else from my bench.

Brady, d. Washington, djax, shepard, powell, ware.

Just now, FF Ninja said:

Definitely not this week, but going forward he might get a consideration over Wallace and Sharpe. Maclin is a solid WR2 in my opinion and should easily be started over all of these guys in ppr. I think Wallace and Sharpe will both be 6-7 targets per week guys. If Eifert is consistently getting 7 a week, I'd probably roll with him due to his red zone usage.

I know not this week.  I have Sharpe, but threw out some other names to see what peoples opinions are.  Looking at last years stats he had 8 games with 5 or less targets.  With Jones and Sanu gone I would think his targets would go up.

Just now, need2know said:

He's on the ww in one league.  I really want to pick him up cause my te sucks.  Would you drop dwayne washington for him?  I could drop jesse james but he's my only te.  I would have to take a 0 at the te spot this week. I am a 20 pt favorite.  I can't drop anyone else from my bench.

I have the same problem.  Would have to drop Sharpe or Washington to pick him up.

Just now, bcat01 said:

I have the same problem.  Would have to drop Sharpe or Washington to pick him up.

Really thinking about dropping jesse james and eating the 0 this week.

2 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

I know not this week.  I have Sharpe, but threw out some other names to see what peoples opinions are.  Looking at last years stats he had 8 games with 5 or less targets.  With Jones and Sanu gone I would think his targets would go up.

Plus, Cincy only threw the ball 504 times last year. With Hue Jackson gone, I expect passing attempts to increase.

52 minutes ago, need2know said:

Drop powell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, need2know said:

Got forte.  Thx for replying 

I agree with him... even with Forte.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, need2know said:

You talked me into it.  Done.  Got him

You can always cut James for Powell in a couple weeks, or speculate on other RBs... I don't think Powell's doing much without an injury to Forte.

• Like 1

Just now, JFS171 said:

You can always cut James for Powell in a couple weeks, or speculate on other RBs... I don't think Powell's doing much without an injury to Forte.

Somebody dropped fleener.  Gonna try to dump james for fleener to play this week.  But yeah will drop james next week for the bpa if I can't get fleener

No way you can start him. I don't think he even plays. He won't be near proper conditioning shape laying around on a bum ankle for 8 months. He's a month from fantasy relevance, imo.  Maybe he starts in a week or two but no way he's a full-time player.

• Like 1

Are we expecting him back full go this week?

I'm expecting him to be limited but to be in on RZ opportunities, so I think he's a must start. 

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

I'm not, but I'll be watching the news on him closely. I've got him in a bunch of leagues... if he's only going to play a partial snap load I'll probably be starting the likes of Ertz, Bennett, and Rudolph over him.

I think Eifert will be top 3 when he returns to form (which could be 2-3 more weeks from what Jene Bramel had to say about it).

38 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I'm not, but I'll be watching the news on him closely. I've got him in a bunch of leagues... if he's only going to play a partial snap load I'll probably be starting the likes of Ertz, Bennett, and Rudolph over him.

I think Eifert will be top 3 when he returns to form (which could be 2-3 more weeks from what Jene Bramel had to say about it).

He could be limited but will be a focal point of every RZ possession...

Had Hunter Henry not been filling in so nicely for Gates, I would start him this weekend as my other options are limited (Fleener is about it). But I think I will roll with Henry one more week. Basically, I want to see him do something before I plug him back in. 

4 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

I don't think I have much of a choice. Kelce is off and we can only do 3 pickups a week. I hate to use one on a 3rd TE, even if it's just for the week. Pickings are slim at TEin my WW anyway.

20 minutes ago, Faust said:

Eifert is part of the problem, but the larger issue is right there in those 2016 stats.  Coaches and Dalton need to ask themselves why Brandon Lafell is your most targeted red zone player.  And if stats aren't enough coaches and Dalton need to review last week's game and ask (when green was unstoppable) did they execute a play, on 3rd and goal from the 5 yard line, in which green was manned up in total isolation on the wide side of the field, WITH A PASS TO BOYD IN TRAFFIC ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE FIELD.

eifert's return will help, but poor execution from coaches and QB will also need to be fixed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheFanatic said:

Had Hunter Henry not been filling in so nicely for Gates, I would start him this weekend as my other options are limited (Fleener is about it). But I think I will roll with Henry one more week. Basically, I want to see him do something before I plug him back in. 

Exactly my situation. Hoping Gates is out so I don't have this decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morton Muffley said:

And if stats aren't enough coaches and Dalton need to review last week's game and ask (when green was unstoppable) did they execute a play, on 3rd and goal from the 5 yard line, in which green was manned up in total isolation on the wide side of the field, WITH A PASS TO BOYD IN TRAFFIC ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE FIELD.

Yeah hard to blame it on the players when you see something like that.  Need a better redzone target?  How about AJ Green with only one defender lined up within 20 yards of him in a game where he's been unstoppable?

Gah. Might have to start him.....I have Zach Miller but I need to pick up a QB b/c I don"t trust Stafford vs Phi after the stinker Stafford put up in CHI.

Inexplicably has just been dropped in my main league by the guy who drafted him and held on to him all this way up till now. Weird one. Both him and Ertz are on my wire and with Ebron as my only TE just now, I'll def be grabbing one of those guys. 

18 hours ago, ATB said:

He could be limited but will be a focal point of every RZ possession...

I think what you meant was "he will be limited and could be a focal point in the RZ."

I get you may be in a position where you have to start him and only want to read positive things, but the reality is he's a gamble in his first game back. If other fantasy players have quality options at TE, the percentage play would be to go that route.

I won't be shocked if he catches 2 TDs this week, but I also won't be shocked if he's held without a catch. I'm a huge Eifert fan, but week 5 is on the short end of the 4-5 month time frame for this surgery and it's always risky starting players in their first game back from injury.

I own Reed and Eiffert in redraft and both have the same Bye week. Wondering if anyone has traded Eiffert in the last day or so and what you got for him.

My hope is that he comes in and scores a td or two and ups his value, or he comes in and looks healthy and I trade reed.

9 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

U guys are acting like he is for sure back this week

and that he will play quite a bit if he does play. I would expect situational snaps the first week.

27 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

U guys are acting like he is for sure back this week

It's happened where a guy comes back and plays a large percentage of the snaps, but usually the guys are eased in which is why I'm going with plan B. 

6 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

It's happened where a guy comes back and plays a large percentage of the snaps, but usually the guys are eased in which is why I'm going with plan B. 

Agreed, own Eifert and Brate, heavily leaning towards Brate at the moment.

All I want from Eifert if he does play is to make it through healthy and a few catches would be a good start, wouldn't be surprised if he has a 3/19/1 line.

Not practicing today and some beat reporter said he was limping a bit on Monday. Doesn't sound too inspiring for this weekend.

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Not practicing today and some beat reporter said he was limping a bit on Monday. Doesn't sound too inspiring for this weekend.

Well ####. That doesn't sound good.