Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

Tyler Eifert, TE (CIN)

6 minutes ago, mnmplayer said:

ugh... I was waiting to unveil this guy week 6. :(

Yeah this sucks no way I can carry 3 TE's to cover a bye next week, ugh.

http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football/news/jonathan-stewart-injury-update-doug-martin-tyler-eifert-jamaal-charles-dion-lewis-dez-week-6-waiver-wire-fantasy-football/sogs06acznbn1hzq1v63lfyqz

Excerpt:

Will Tyler Eifert play in Week 6?

Eifert's season debut was delayed last week because of a back injury suffered in practice, but the Bengals think he has a chance to play this week against the Patriots.

At this point, he's in our TE rankings (No. 9), but don't be surprised if this comes down to a game-time decision. Between the offseason ankle problems and the new back issue, it's unclear just how many snaps Eifert will play and how effective he can be.

Out again for this week.  Who knows when he will be back at this point. 

Tyler Eifert out again this week

Posted by Josh Alper on October 14, 2016, 1:52 PM EDT

It looked like Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert was closing in on a return to action after offseason ankle surgery a couple of weeks ago, but a back injury has extended his absence from the lineup.

That absence will continue when the Bengals travel to New England this weekend. Eifert has been ruled out of the game after another week went by without his presence on the practice field.

It’s a disappointing and frustrating trend for the Bengals, who have clearly missed Eifert’s presence as a red zone target this season. Eifert scored 13 receiving touchdowns last season, but Cincinnati has only had five among all receivers this season and that total includes a couple of Brandon LaFell scores when the Bengals were down 28-0 in the fourth quarter last weekend.

Everyone else on the Bengals was a full participant in Friday’s practice, including running back Jeremy Hill. Hill hurt his chest last Sunday, but has been able to practice all week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/14/tyler-eifert-out-again-this-week/

Not a great matchup anyway but agree getting a little frustrating. Sounds like it's a new injury keeping him out which I guess is at least better than the same injury dragging on.

1 hour ago, ryno1980 said:

Man would love to see him get some practice and play vs Cleveland. Anything new?

You'll know when he's ready to go. If he continues to miss practices he's not going to suit up. 

Much like others I am getting tired of carrying this guy.  The way the bengals offence is playing i suspect he might be valuable down the stretch...if he ever comes back.

15 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

I searched Twitter for a news update and discovered that Eifert and A.J. McCarron attended a Trump rally last week.

Maybe I'll keep him on my team a bit longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killface said:

Much like others I am getting tired of carrying this guy.  The way the bengals offence is playing i suspect he might be valuable down the stretch...if he ever comes back.

I'm in a short bench league (4 spots) and my TE already cleared his bye.  I have no idea why I'm holding but it's that same reason and with 6 teams on bye weeks 8 and 9 he might have some value if he can get back. Nobody wants him. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

I searched Twitter for a news update and discovered that Eifert and A.J. McCarron attended a Trump rally last week.

Can't teach stupid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

You'll know when he's ready to go. If he continues to miss practices he's not going to suit up. 

ok I guess a dumb question deserved a dumb answer.

I thought I made a shark move when I drafted this guy as a 2nd TE to Travis Kelce--who at the time I thought I may have overpaid for and now its clear I did. Thought by now I'd be dealing one of them for an upgrade at WR or QB. I don't need to cut him yet, and actually last week got a trade offer that was tempting, but damn TNF games kill trade talks.

14 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Makes me feel better about dropping him

• Like 2

Tyler Eifert (back) is practicing Wednesday.

This is not a drill. Eifert is finally back on the field after suffering a setback with a back injury two weeks ago when he was expected to make his season debut in Week 5. This week looks possible now against a Browns team that is getting destroyed by tight ends. Even if Eifert plays limited snaps, he's worth starting.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345291/tyler-eifert-(back)-will-practice-wednesday?ls=roto:CIN:topheadlines

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ryno1980 said:

ok I guess a dumb question deserved a dumb answer.

It did. He's practicing today. Riddle solved. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

Tyler Eifert (back) is practicing Wednesday.

This is not a drill. Eifert is finally back on the field after suffering a setback with a back injury two weeks ago when he was expected to make his season debut in Week 5. This week looks possible now against a Browns team that is getting destroyed by tight ends. Even if Eifert plays limited snaps, he's worth starting.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345291/tyler-eifert-(back)-will-practice-wednesday?ls=roto:CIN:topheadlines

If I was the Browns, I would throw an extra coat of paint on the sideline.  Tyler might trip over it and slip a disc or something.  

26 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Do we know if it was a full or limited?

"Who gives a ####?  It's gone!"

Thank God he's on the field... please stay healthy.

8 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Makes me feel better about dropping him

31 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

:rant:

drafted him

held 6+ weeks

had to make a WW call last night

:wall:

I imagine you don't have to be too aggressive in spending for him. People are losing faith that he can make it back and be relevant. Depends on the TE situations around your league, I wouldn't spend any more than 3 or 4 bucks and only if I had a solid situation where I'm looking for big upside

Am in a league where we start 2 TE's, so a decent TE can be a bit of a premium

3 hours ago, hardcoredx said:

Eifert is the clear 2nd best TE in the game when healthy imo . If he is available, grab him ASAP. He is an absolute stud when he is in the field.

The bolded is true, the non-bolded is not true. There is nothing at all to suggest that Eifert is the 2nd best TE in the league. He is probably 5th or 6th when healthy. He's not better than Reed, or Olsen, or a seemingly now healthy Graham. He's equal to a guy like Kelce in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, travdogg said:

The bolded is true, the non-bolded is not true. There is nothing at all to suggest that Eifert is the 2nd best TE in the league. He is probably 5th or 6th when healthy. He's not better than Reed, or Olsen, or a seemingly now healthy Graham. He's equal to a guy like Kelce in my opinion. 

Are we talking about talent or fantasy? When you bring up Reed and Graham I feel like you must be confusing talent with opportunity. Reed got a lot of targets, particularly in the red zone (26 last year!). Graham got a lot of targets from one of the best QBs in the league in years past. Put Eifert in either of those situations and he'd do just as well if not better.

I'm not saying he's the 2nd best, but he's close. Olsen's all round game earns him that honor. To me, the race for 3rd best TE is wide open. Eifert doesn't even have 16 games as his team's clear cut TE1, so we need to see a little more out of him, but he made the most of his opportunities last year.

25 minutes ago, outofctrl said:

Practiced again today. Who's starting him? 

Cant decide between him or Fleener

Considering it as I don't want two TE's on my roster clogging up room. I have Eiffert and Doyle just now, Brate sitting on WW. Confused as to what to do. I think Doyle may be the better play this week, but going forward I want Eiffert to be my guy so I'm considering just risking it with him this week, so I can get Doyle back off my roster to pick up another player. 

Edited by TartanLion

1 minute ago, TartanLion said:

Considering it as I don't want two TE's on my roster clogging up room. I have Eiffert and Doyle just now, Brate sitting on WW. Confused as to what to do. I think Doyle may be the better play this week, but going forward I want Eiffert to be my guy so I'm considering just risking it with him this week, so I can get Doyle back off my roster to pick up another player. 

This is what I'm doing. Ros I want Eifert and its hard for me to hold two TE unless I have a good TE on bye. If he plays I could see a few redzone targets which could be enough to outscore most TEs.

5 hours ago, hardcoredx said:

Eifert is the clear 2nd best TE in the game when healthy imo . If he is available, grab him ASAP. He is an absolute stud when he is in the field.

1 hour ago, travdogg said:

Kelce hasn't caught as many TDs in his career as Eifert did in 12 starts last season. Eifert was averaging better than 1 TD per start and on pace for a Gronk like 16TDs. I had both on my team last year and it was painfully obvious since I started Kelce for the first part of the season before switching to Eifert. When Eifert went down to injury and I had to play Kelce it was a clear tier or two dropoff in production and expectations week to week. Until Kelce even has 8+ TDs in a full season he should not be compared to Eifert who had 13 in 12 starts. Eifert can't stay healthy, but when on the field he is elite and Kelce is not.

ETA: not to mention when you compare their 2015 performances, Kelce is probably in a worse situation today with targets than EIfert will be when he gets back. There are less viable TD targets now to compete with in Cin than there was in 2015, but Kelce is dealing with more targets going to WRs and RBs with an effective RZ running game with Charles/Ware where Cin is really missing Eifert's presence in the RZ and has no goal line presence in the running game at all. Kelce is on pace for 5.33 TDs in 2016 so it doesn't appear anything has changed in the RZ for him this year either.

Edited by mnmplayer

27 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

This is what I'm doing. Ros I want Eifert and its hard for me to hold two TE unless I have a good TE on bye. If he plays I could see a few redzone targets which could be enough to outscore most TEs.

Yeah, you have to think that Dalton has been desperate to get him back and as soon as he's on the field he'll get a few red zone looks 

10 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

Hard to bench Hunter Henry for Eiffert in his first game back. 

Somehow I now have HH, Rudolph and Eiffert on a team. I think I am still starting Henry this weekend, but Eiffert is tempting if he gets a full practice in tomorrow. 

Im rolling him out there, even in limited snaps, with all the struggles in the red zone this year for the Bengals, they are just about guaranteed to look his way in that area of the field.