Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

Tyler Eifert, TE (CIN)

Assuming he gets a full practice in tomorrow, I'll be starting him over Pitta. I'll wait until next week to drop Pitta just to insure myself against the risk of Eifert suffering any set backs this weekend, but I'm ready to get this train rolling!

1 hour ago, Moonshine said:

Assuming he gets a full practice in tomorrow, I'll be starting him over Pitta. I'll wait until next week to drop Pitta just to insure myself against the risk of Eifert suffering any set backs this weekend, but I'm ready to get this train rolling!

I'm likeminded. May drop pitta and pick Ebron back up. Hope it all doesn't matter and eifert produces early and often upon return.  

I went as far as dropping my other TEs to pick up a hot RB this week so I am playing him in one league unless I have to backtrack with another setback.

I'd like to see him get a full game in unscathed.  Probably wouldn't take much for him to end up on the sideline after taking a shot.

4 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

I'd like to see him get a full game in unscathed.  Probably wouldn't take much for him to end up on the sideline after taking a shot.

True, it is a bit risky. Maybe if you have another more reliable TE and you are a favorite this weekend, you roll that way. If you are an underdog, roll the dice with Eiffert. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, outofctrl said:

Practiced again today. Who's starting him? 

Cant decide between him or Fleener

After Fleener's decent week last week, I'm rolling with him this week.

21 hours ago, Cheesedawg said:
23 hours ago, TheFanatic said:

Hard to bench Hunter Henry for Eiffert in his first game back. 

Feel the same way.

20 hours ago, Mingooch said:

Rolling Hunter Henry over him as well.  I see a week 1 for him like Gronk, limited

:goodposting:

Same here.

Have Graham and Eifert.  Normally my default would be to wait on Eifert until I see a full game from him, but Graham is going against AZ (#1 against TEs) and Eifert is going against Cleveland (#32 against TEs).  I would hate to have clogged up my roster with two tight ends all season and miss out on a monster game by Eifert.

On 10/20/2016 at 1:07 PM, Ilov80s said:

Somehow I now have HH, Rudolph and Eiffert on a team. I think I am still starting Henry this weekend, but Eiffert is tempting if he gets a full practice in tomorrow. 

I'm sitting on Fleener, HH and Eiffert. I'm thinking I might bench Doug Baldwin due to the matchup and go with both Eiffert and HH.

I have Eifert, Bennett, and Kelce. Have a WR/TE flex in addition to the TE. My WR's are pretty weak, so if Eifert looks like a full go vs CLE no less, Im thinking I might start Bennett and Eifert.

The back injury that postponed his 2016 debut might have been a blessing to shore up his original injury recovery as many projected his limited game to occur last week before the new back inj which was minor. If he's ready to go and playing the worst D vs the TE in the league and Cin is really missing him as a RZ target this year so I believe will emphasize him in the RZ, I don't even care if he plays limited snaps as long as he is in during RZ plays, and vs CLE D I feel like Cin will be in the RZ a lot. I remember he had a 3 TD game last year vs CLE. I would feel horrible carrying around his dead weight for half a season to miss out on a game like that vs CLE. He doesn't get to play CLE every week.

• Like 1

Tyler Eifert (questionable, back) is expected to play limited snaps if active for Sunday's game.

Coach Marvin Lewis was non-committal when asked about Eifert's Week 7 availability. The Bengals are expected to make a decision on his status Saturday. With his role up in the air coming off multiple setbacks, Eifert is going to be a touchdown-dependent TE2 if he plays.

Every time this year i've played someone on limited snaps I've gotten burned.  Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice can't get fooled again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tool said:

Every time this year i've played someone on limited snaps I've gotten burned.  Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice can't get fooled again.

Maybe this will be the time it pays off. Playing the worst team in the league at stopping TE.

Yeah I'm not rolling with a limited TE when I have other options. 

15 hours ago, need2know said:

I'm playing him.  It's not like I am getting points out of te anyway

Wish I had - instead I started Zach Miller :wall: (and hoyer! )

Don't like this limited snaps talk. Such a juicy matchup too. 

CIN - TE Tyler Eifert May Miss Game

Summary:  ESPN's Adam Schefter reports this morning that he was getting a "negative vibe" that Bengals TE Tyler Eifert could play today. It's a 1 PM kickoff so we'll have official info soon.

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

Playing him I don't want to drop anyone for a stream. YOLO.

Yep, going the same I think 

Hope he blows up on my bench and gets through the game healthy. Starting Barnidge. 

Big underdog in my matchup due to injuries so I'm hoping to hit it big here with RZ opportunities.

I'm playing it safe today with Walker and Fleener as my two staters. I'm going to wait and let him get back comfortable with playing first.

Good luck fellas!

Tex

On 10/23/2016 at 0:19 PM, RUSF18 said:

Big underdog in my matchup due to injuries so I'm hoping to hit it big here with RZ opportunities.

Eifert fell 0.8 points shy of the highest non-QB on my bench. 

Thankfully hit it big elsewhere but I still found that funny/sad.

Not sure about prior years - i guess Gronk probably, but can't think of one player who did anything on "limited snaps" this year.

Glad he survived his first week back. Things can only go up from here. They didn't need much from him against the Browns, I can see him having a larger role this week if he can fully practice.

Edited by Weebs210

45 minutes ago, Tool said:

Not sure about prior years - i guess Gronk probably, but can't think of one player who did anything on "limited snaps" this year.

Gates had a solid day due to TD his first game back when he was limited but to your point if you sat every stud player who was designated as limited you'd probably be making the right call like 80% or so of the time at least.

57 minutes ago, ATB said:

Is he a solid play next week on (presumably) limitless snaps?

No limit soldier.  I thought I told ya

• Like 1

I'd love to start him over Doyle this week but I simply can't do it yet. I think if he has no setbacks during the bye though, he's locked and loaded

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:55 PM, need2know said:

No limit soldier.  I thought I told ya

Considering it's a TE's thread, this made me think of Kellen Winslow's explosion at a reporter a long time ago...

I'm a f**king soldier!

1 hour ago, gabes1919 said:

I'd love to start him over Doyle this week but I simply can't do it yet. I think if he has no setbacks during the bye though, he's locked and loaded

I am in the same boat and that's what I am doing.  Starting Doyle this week and next.  Eifert should be good to go 100% after his bye.

Im rolling with him this week.  i dont think they would have given him any reps last week if he was iffy.  They certainly didnt need him to beat the Browns.

Doyle was just cut in my league. I'm debating Eifert over Kelce, but now Doyle is available. Hate to roster 3 TE, but not feeling good about Eifert or Kelce.

I have a claim in for him, and if I get him I'll start him over Fiedorowicz, but that's more of a ROS play. In other words, I think CJ is a better start this week, but because I'm a heavy favorite, I'm willing to take the risk in order to ensure I have Eifert for the future.