What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Eifert, TE (JAC) (2 Viewers)

Yeah remember that the Bengals (and Steelers) get an extra day of rest/practice than the majority of the teams.  I'm watching this closely and if he's a DNP tomorrow then something is amiss for sure.

Gonna grab Henry and use him if I hear anything negative tomorrow but it's not like it's a good matchup with Houston anyway

It appears to be Eifert's back, and at Houston so see if he makes the flight.  For those rolling the dice, games at/later than Bengals are:

Saturday night: Bengals/Texans, Sunday: Ravens/Steelers, Broncos/Chiefs, Monday: Lions/Cowboys

Fragile Freddy meet Tenuous Tyler. :topcat:

Turning back the clock this weekend and "sweatin' to the oldies" having to start Vernon Davis. Singletary says, "Keep your pants on!"

Glad we found out now. Get in there Double H. 
Right. Thank God it wasn't a game time decision. This could be a blessing in disguise as Texans are strong against TE. Im also playing HH now, how concerned should we be about Rivers trying to force the record to Gates?

Tyler Eifert (back surgery) said he is "close" to full health.
"My back feels great," Eifert said. "I’ll be ready and healthy and strong and be ready to go by the time it’s go time." Eifert is not sure he will be fully cleared for OTAs, but he does not seem concerned at all about training camp. That said, he struggled to return from an ankle injury last offseason and has played in 22 games total the last three seasons. Health will continue to be a concern, but his touchdown upside makes him a strong risk-reward TE1.

Source: bengals.com 
Apr 10 - 10:00 PM

Tyler Eifert (back) said he's 100 percent healthy.

He said he's been that way for a "couple months" and is cleared for the start of training camp. Eifert had back surgery in December. Details of the operation aren't known, but his recovery went extremely smooth. Eifert simply needs to stay healthy. When on the field, Eifert is a touchdown-scoring machine. He has found pay dirt 18 times in 21 games over the past two seasons and is a legit TE1.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter 

Jul 28 - 11:25 AM

Every time I see that this thread has been bumped i click it expecting to see he is hurt and out for 5 months

So we know the OL is going to be garbage. I think this will definitely hurt AJ Green's ypr and TDs, it'll make Ross a nonfactor, and Mixon will be a bust at his ADP... but I'm not sure what to think about Eifert. Will he be asked to stay in and block or will he be frequently targeted with short to mid range passes? I really don't know what to expect, so to me he's risky this year. Good to hear he's finally healthy, though.

So we know the OL is going to be garbage. I think this will definitely hurt AJ Green's ypr and TDs, it'll make Ross a nonfactor, and Mixon will be a bust at his ADP... but I'm not sure what to think about Eifert. Will he be asked to stay in and block or will he be frequently targeted with short to mid range passes? I really don't know what to expect, so to me he's risky this year. Good to hear he's finally healthy, though.
Pretty much agreed.  Mixon is going way too high.

No brainer start, even in tough matchup. Right. On a Thursday night game. Right?

I shouldn't start Witten, right? Right??

:unsure:

Last week was an aberration. Always start your studs.

Right???

I have Eifert and Graham.  Week 1 didn't clarify anything for me unfortunately.  I'd like Eifert to be set and forget starter, but I can't do that after how Cinci played week 1.

I have Eifert and Graham.  Week 1 didn't clarify anything for me unfortunately.  I'd like Eifert to be set and forget starter, but I can't do that after how Cinci played week 1.
Cinci (and Dalton in particular) lays those kind of eggs every once in a while.  I don't think that's indicative of how the offense will look this year.

A few years ago Dalton went 10-33 for 86 yards with 0 TD and 3 INT and he followed it up next week with 16-22 for 220 with 3 TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinci (and Dalton in particular) lays those kind of eggs every once in a while.  I don't think that's indicative of how the offense will look this year.

A few years ago Dalton went 10-33 for 86 yards with 0 TD and 3 INT and he followed it up next week with 16-22 for 220 with 3 TD.
He seems to be such a feast or famine type player, and so is Graham in Seattle to an extent.  I thought between the two I would be able to rely on having at least one productive tight end.  Having both is frustrating to start the guy that goes for >20 yards and see the other one go for 100+ and 2 TDs.

The matchup is not good. If I remember correctly, HOU gave up the third least amount of points to TEs last year, gave up 3 TDs to TEs last year, and has given up 12 TDs to TEs the last three years. Dalton also has a bad track record in prime time and against HOU.

I also wonder if Eifert will need to block with Clowney, Watt, and Merciless coming to town.

Ross looks to be playing as well. Another non-Eifert option for Dalton.

All the data seems to point to a very low ceiling here and potentially low floor. (So watch him score twice tonight). 

Have Brate on the bench. Considering substituting after CHI let Hooper run wild in the middle and after losing their inside LB as well.

IDK what the blank to do about Eifert? In a TD heavy league I was counting on him for 7-8. Now what to do... Ertz, Fleener, Brate, Engram, Clay all become viable options. And please this is not asking for wdis... Question is do we start Eifert tonight and for the rest of the season. Perhaps one game is not a good pool of info.

Is Eifert a hold because of the anomaly and play of the Red Rocket? And yes the Texans D is not necessarily an easy way to get back on track. Losing Cushing helps some I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a TE/WR flex spot so i played eifert & ertz last week. Dont like how cincy offense was last week, hou got a good d, short week. Putting eifert on the bench for corey Coleman i think.

I just feel like eifert can blow up at any time though. Hard to bench.

Users who are viewing this thread