Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

Tyler Eifert, TE (CIN)

12 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I feel like he's safe to insert into lineups now. This was classic Eifert.

I watched all of his targets and he looked good, I targeted him in every league in which he was dropped. His snaps have gone 40% > 64% > 65% and target share 11%, 10%, 17%.

I didn't notice any real boost in his numbers when Green is out, there's nothing interesting about those splits although I'll double check. But the TDs should be coming soon. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SameSongNDance said:

I watched all of his targets and he looked good, I targeted him in every league in which he was dropped. His snaps have gone 40% > 64% > 65% and target share 11%, 10%, 17%.

I didn't notice any real boost in his numbers when Green is out, there's nothing interesting about those splits although I'll double check. But the TDs should be coming soon. 

Yeah, I read that in week 1 or 2 he had a likely TD grab if not for a pass interference. I'm surprised people are dropping him. If someone drafted him, they should've known to expect a slow start. 

Was a little disappointing he wasn't on the field for Uzomah's 1-yard TD, but they were in a blocking formation and I guess they didn't want to tip their hand about the pass play. Probably smart, but I'd still like Eifert to be a goal line presence if I'm going to start him. With all the injuries at TE this year, he should easily be a top 12 option right now.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeSteeler said:

Can I ask - how do you link the video so that it starts where you want?

You don't have to pause it, but that's the easiest way to get the exact time you want, and then right click on the video and select something like "copy video URL at current time."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

You don't have to pause it, but that's the easiest way to get the exact time you want, and then right click on the video and select something like "copy video URL at current time."

Thanks!

2 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

Was a little disappointing he wasn't on the field for Uzomah's 1-yard TD, but they were in a blocking formation and I guess they didn't want to tip their hand about the pass play. Probably smart, but I'd still like Eifert to be a goal line presence if I'm going to start him. With all the injuries at TE this year, he should easily be a top 12 option right now.

Honestly, that play action was fantastic. It fooled me and the camera man. 

I remember when doing Eifert's projections over the years I would always come to the conclusion that he's hilariously TD dependent and not really worth it (relative to the risk of injury)in full PPR of FFPC formats. So I looked at his 8 target, 6/74/0 performance from last week and wondered how good it was in the context of his career..

He's played in 42 games..

8 targets is the 6th most of his career

6 receptions is the the 4th most

74 yards is the 5th most

I rewatched the receptions and I liked how he was picking up YAC, it doesn't look like his back is bothering him. I'm getting this kind of vibe.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cockroach said:

I don't think he's even been in on the redzone/GL packages the last 2 weeks.

He got 2 RZ looks in week 2. And I'm pretty sure I saw him line up in the RZ last week but I need to double check. 

2 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

He got 2 RZ looks in week 2. And I'm pretty sure I saw him line up in the RZ last week but I need to double check. 

If you do look into it.  Try to see if it was a 2 TE set. 

16 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

I remember when doing Eifert's projections over the years I would always come to the conclusion that he's hilariously TD dependent and not really worth it (relative to the risk of injury)in full PPR of FFPC formats. So I looked at his 8 target, 6/74/0 performance from last week and wondered how good it was in the context of his career..

He's played in 42 games..

8 targets is the 6th most of his career

6 receptions is the the 4th most

74 yards is the 5th most

I rewatched the receptions and I liked how he was picking up YAC, it doesn't look like his back is bothering him. I'm getting this kind of vibe.

Bwhaha... I honestly considered putting that John Wick gif yesterday when I posted he was safe to insert into lineups!

But on the topic of him historically being TD dependent, keep in mind Cincy was a low volume passing attack. In 2015, they only threw the ball 504 times. In an age when half the teams in the league throw the ball 600 times, it's hard to be a volume play at TE on a 500 PA team. Dalton is currently on pace for over 600 PA, though, so maybe OC Lazer has changed the team from the 2015 Hue Jackson offense.

Also, I think his 12.2 career YPR is pretty solid for a TE. So if the guy can get some volume, he doesn't need TDs to be relevant, although I expect they will come anyway.

• Like 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tyler Eifert suffered a broken ankle Week 4 against the Falcons.

That is exactly what it looked like on the field. It is terrible luck for a player who had just rounded back into form after losing two seasons to back issues. He should be placed on injured reserve this week. Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah will handle the majority of the tight end snaps moving forward.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 30 - 6:50 PM

How many friggin TE's can I lose in a season? Lost Henry before the season, just lost Eifert and snagged Dissley as insurance after week one on the WW but that insurance policy crapped out too. :rant::cry:

29 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

How many friggin TE's can I lose in a season? Lost Henry before the season, just lost Eifert and snagged Dissley as insurance after week one on the WW but that insurance policy crapped out too. :rant::cry:

Please let us know the next TE you pick up so we can avoid. TIA

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Please let us know the next TE you pick up so we can avoid. TIA

No kidding. I also drafted Mark Andrews from Baltimore. Expect him to be in a horrific car accident momentarily. I've never been so thick at a position and at the same time completely bereft. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

Dude needs to hang them up. Some guys have no luck. He's one of them.

Stop now before you destroy your body, pal.

For the first time ever, I agree with you. 

Free agent TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) has resumed doing agility drills.

Eifert posted a video showing himself doing ladder drills at a rehabilitation center, and he claims to be healthy now. After missing 52 games with various injuries over the past five seasons, Eifert, 29, will likely be receiving incentive laden contract offers in free agency, but Eifert is talented whenever his body cooperates.

SOURCE: Tyler Eifert on Twitter

Feb 21, 2019, 3:46 PM

Bengals re-signed TE Tyler Eifert to a one-year-contract.

It's the second straight year Eifert's returned to Cincy on a prove-it deal. Eifert lasted four weeks before losing his season to a broken ankle this time around. He's the biggest injury risk in the league, but Eifert has always been a top red-zone threat when healthy. 28-year-old Eifert has a chance to be ready for OTAs.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 16, 2019, 11:29 AM

Good move by the Bengals bringing him back. I am always surprised by how small his market is. I get that he is injury prone, but 6 games of Eifert is better than 16 of Kroft or Uzomah, and they both got sizable deals. Eifert(in the 40% of the time he's healthy) is still a top-15 TE.

TYLER EIFERT TE, CINCINNATI BENGALS

MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Bengals have been impressed by second-round TE Drew Sample, allowing Tyler Eifert to focus on the "F" tight end spot.

New coach Zac Taylor figures to bring the Sean McVay offense to Cincinnati, which featured heavy use of both TEs Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett. Even though the two weren't major pieces in the counting stats category, both played significant downs for the NFC champions. Everett was the "F" as the move tight end, while Higbee was the "Y" as a blocker mainly. Sample would be the Higbee to Eifert's Everett. It would allow Eifert to be more of a playmaker.

RELATED: 

Drew Sample

SOURCE: MMQB

May 13, 2019, 7:35 PM ET