What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

That's already been used, which isn't a show-stopper, but it doesn't help.

Is the 'O' significant?
Ownage
Ownage (n):1. Noun form of the verb own.

2. An instance in which someone or something is owned.
Player1 frags Player2 with exceptional skill.Player1 taunts, "I just owned you Player2!"

Player3 comments, "Yeah, that was ownage."
Was that the original intent? Either way I like it. Or... TKP!!!1!!!one!

Killer Kelce from Outer Space

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief CatchandrunandscoreaTD

Chief I'magonnarolya

Last edited by a moderator:
oh hey brohans i see how it is it is like hey swc gave us some great nickname ideas now everyone wants to be the king of nicknames well hey i see how it is you brohans have a great time and i say good day sir take that to the bank brohans

oh hey brohans i see how it is it is like hey swc gave us some great nickname ideas now everyone wants to be the king of nicknames well hey i see how it is you brohans have a great time and i say good day sir take that to the bank brohans
word

Kelce and the Sunshine Band....that's the way uh huh uh huh I like it

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya
Hey GVindy, this thing has been settled already.

Oh hey is anyone with good options in the least bit tiniest concerned about Kelce facing the 9ers?

My gut says Al Smith in a revenge game shows Kelce is the new Vern Davis. Start him.

My head tells me look at what SF just did shutting out, not even allowing a FGA to, the Philly offense, and presenting the No. 2 least FFPA defense against TEs. Sit him.

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Oh hey is anyone with good options in the least bit tiniest concerned about Kelce facing the 9ers?

My gut says Al Smith in a revenge game shows Kelce is the new Vern Davis. Start him.

My head tells me look at what SF just did shutting out, not even allowing a FGA to, the Philly offense, and presenting the No. 2 least FFPA defense against TEs. Sit him.
Deep league, not alot of options I'm starting him. But if ASJ type guys were available I'd go that way. The exploding burrito is basically a WR like Graham splitting out.

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Deep league, not alot of options I'm starting him. But if ASJ type guys were available I'd go that way. The exploding burrito is basically a WR like Graham splitting out.
I've got both in a PPR league...

Ilov80s said:
Is Kelce a top end TE talent? Is he the top target on his team? Should you start him?
Most importantly I think he is Smiths favorite target. Captain checkdown loves his TEs. (see, Vernon Davis)

bill bates hits hard said:
Ilov80s said:
Is Kelce a top end TE talent? Is he the top target on his team? Should you start him?
indeed
absolutely he is a TE 1 now and only in for 1/2 the snaps. when in for the entire game he is a elite TE.

Gvindy said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Gvindy said:

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya
SWC said:

Really?

Kelce proves he's matchup proof this week. No way I'd sit him for a guy like ASJ

Gvindy said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Gvindy said:

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya
SWC said:

Really?Kelce proves he's matchup proof this week. No way I'd sit him for a guy like ASJ
Agree with this 100%. Kelce is the type of player like a graham or gronk or JT in that he is basically uncoverble by most safeties and other defensive backs. The KC offense flowed through him last week vs NE. There's a reason why bowe had such a good day. With kelce garnering attn in the middle of the field it opens it up for the wrs. He is going to continue in his role and it's only getting more and more entrenched as the Chiefs coaching staff realizes that they are a far more explosive unit with him on the field. Smith already loves throwing to him. He's got great hands, great speed and athleticism for his size and he can flat out pulverize defenders in the open field.

Match up proof.

Really stoked about snagging this guy in my biggest money league, after Pitta went down.

(speaking of that, I lost Pitta in 2 leagues and Rudolph in the other) Lost all my TEs in one week.

Anyhow,don't know how you cats missed this one, I figure his nick should be........... "KELCE LATELY" .

Have you seen "Kelce Lately"? :pickle: Perfect.

TZM

Gvindy said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Gvindy said:

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya
SWC said:

Really?Kelce proves he's matchup proof this week. No way I'd sit him for a guy like ASJ
Agree with this 100%. Kelce is the type of player like a graham or gronk or JT in that he is basically uncoverble by most safeties and other defensive backs. The KC offense flowed through him last week vs NE. There's a reason why bowe had such a good day. With kelce garnering attn in the middle of the field it opens it up for the wrs. He is going to continue in his role and it's only getting more and more entrenched as the Chiefs coaching staff realizes that they are a far more explosive unit with him on the field. Smith already loves throwing to him. He's got great hands, great speed and athleticism for his size and he can flat out pulverize defenders in the open field.

Match up proof.
That's a really odd interpretation of the game. The offense flowed through the ground and the D sold out to stop the run. Kelce was wide open the entire game and has been all year. I'm seriously curious about his skills that make you believe he is uncoverable. Is it his numbers? Have you watched him? I've seen every snap. he's never had an ounce of attention directed at him by the opposing D. He will continue to get looks due to Smith being ultra conservative but if you believe he's some uncoverable entity you are setting yourself up for a let down.

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Match up proof.
That's a really odd interpretation of the game. The offense flowed through the ground and the D sold out to stop the run. Kelce was wide open the entire game and has been all year. I'm seriously curious about his skills that make you believe he is uncoverable. Is it his numbers? Have you watched him? I've seen every snap. he's never had an ounce of attention directed at him by the opposing D. He will continue to get looks due to Smith being ultra conservative but if you believe he's some uncoverable entity you are setting yourself up for a let down.
Uh, no.

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Agree with this 100%. Kelce is the type of player like a graham or gronk or JT in that he is basically uncoverble by most safeties and other defensive backs. The KC offense flowed through him last week vs NE. There's a reason why bowe had such a good day. With kelce garnering attn in the middle of the field it opens it up for the wrs. He is going to continue in his role and it's only getting more and more entrenched as the Chiefs coaching staff realizes that they are a far more explosive unit with him on the field. Smith already loves throwing to him. He's got great hands, great speed and athleticism for his size and he can flat out pulverize defenders in the open field.Match up proof.
Uh, no.
I broke down and started Kelce today anyway, sorry to anyone who took my advice. He looks like Smith's blankie going forward.

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Agree with this 100%. Kelce is the type of player like a graham or gronk or JT in that he is basically uncoverble by most safeties and other defensive backs. The KC offense flowed through him last week vs NE. There's a reason why bowe had such a good day. With kelce garnering attn in the middle of the field it opens it up for the wrs. He is going to continue in his role and it's only getting more and more entrenched as the Chiefs coaching staff realizes that they are a far more explosive unit with him on the field. Smith already loves throwing to him. He's got great hands, great speed and athleticism for his size and he can flat out pulverize defenders in the open field.Match up proof.
You were saying ;)

Anything he does from this point on in this game is icing on the cake.

You are correct about them running the offense through the run. I misspoke. I should have said that his presence opens up the PASSING offense. That's really what I meant. It's no coincidence that bowe blew up last week vs Revis with kelce operating in the middle of the field.

Anyway, tomato, tomato, who cares I'm just enjoying my delicious 14th RS draft pick and new gronk-like dynasty te!

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Match up proof.
In some minds, being "wide open the entire game" feels a lot like being uncoverable.

I suppose defensive coordinators aren't smart enough to pay attention to him; or maybe Kelce is hiding behind the abundance of WR talent in KC.

I really want to see more in the second half. Let's not forget if the Chiefs ran the ball in at the 2 yard line Kelce has a goose egg and is dressing up as Larry Donnell for Halloween.

I really want to see more in the second half. Let's not forget if the Chiefs ran the ball in at the 2 yard line Kelce has a goose egg and is dressing up as Larry Donnell for Halloween.
Yeah and if the Broncos targeted Julius Thomas instead of Demaryius on those 5 receptions we'd also be looking at Larry Donnell Goose egg instead of 5-165-2.

Whats your point? The fact is that they called up a pass play to Kelce at the GL and he got a td. That's a positive thing. The coaches see him as a valuable force in the red zone. They are playing a tough defense, so if this is kelce's floor I'm cool with it.

Yeah and if the Broncos targeted Julius Thomas instead of Demaryius on those 5 receptions we'd also be looking at Larry Donnell Goose egg instead of 5-165-2. Whats your point? The fact is that they called up a pass play to Kelce at the GL and he got a td. That's a positive thing. The coaches see him as a valuable force in the red zone. They are playing a tough defense, so if this is kelce's floor I'm cool with it.
My point is he has 1 catch for 2 yards?

Yeah and if the Broncos targeted Julius Thomas instead of Demaryius on those 5 receptions we'd also be looking at Larry Donnell Goose egg instead of 5-165-2. Whats your point? The fact is that they called up a pass play to Kelce at the GL and he got a td. That's a positive thing. The coaches see him as a valuable force in the red zone. They are playing a tough defense, so if this is kelce's floor I'm cool with it.
My point is he has 1 catch for 2 yards?
Relax bro, just messing with ya :)

Saw this on rotoworld.

Travis Kelce caught 2-of-3 targets for 15 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City's Week 5 loss to the 49ers.
Kelce scored a two-yard touchdown to cap off Kansas City's opening drive before bafflingly drawing only two more targets the rest of the afternoon. He drew half as many looks as Anthony Fasano, who was the target on Alex Smith's game-ending interception. Although Kelce's usage has been frustrating, his upside remains through the roof. His floor, meanwhile, isn't so shabby either, as he's now scored in three-straight games. Kelce will return as a TE1 following the Chiefs' Week 6 bye.

What is baffling to me is how coaches try to outsmart themselves. On what planet is Fasano better then Kelce to the extent he should be utilized more then Kelce? You dominate the Patriots partly because of Kelce, today you throw to him three times and you lose. Not saying he is why they win, but this is a guy who has the talent to help.

49ers had the ball most of the second half. a lot of bad play calls today. plus bad match up today. the chiefs are good. no need to worry

Jerry Curl said:

Saw this on rotoworld.

Travis Kelce caught 2-of-3 targets for 15 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City's Week 5 loss to the 49ers.

Kelce scored a two-yard touchdown to cap off Kansas City's opening drive before bafflingly drawing only two more targets the rest of the afternoon. He drew half as many looks as Anthony Fasano, who was the target on Alex Smith's game-ending interception. Although Kelce's usage has been frustrating, his upside remains through the roof. His floor, meanwhile, isn't so shabby either, as he's now scored in three-straight games. Kelce will return as a TE1 following the Chiefs' Week 6 bye.

What is baffling to me is how coaches try to outsmart themselves. On what planet is Fasano better then Kelce to the extent he should be utilized more then Kelce? You dominate the Patriots partly because of Kelce, today you throw to him three times and you lose. Not saying he is why they win, but this is a guy who has the talent to help.
Its the planet where Patrick Willis is covering kelce

tunamelt warrior said:

TK87

The Kelcinator

Big K

Barbecue City Beast

Chief I'magonnarolya

Match up proof.
Uh, no.
Strong rebuttal. Thanks for the input.

brohans the exploding burrito did it again and blew up for another good game yesterday take that to the bank fellow bromericans

brohans the exploding burrito did it again and blew up for another good game yesterday take that to the bank fellow bromericans
Good thing he got that TD, otherwise Patrick Willis almost turned him into the stale burrito...

The only thing limiting Kelce right now is Andy Reid and his man crush on Anthony Fasano. Fasano looks like he's swimming upstream in mud and yet he gets more snaps than Kelce. Reid's #1 TE and #2 offensive weapon should be getting at LEAST 10 more snaps a game. imop

The only thing limiting Kelce right now is Andy Reid and his man crush on Anthony Fasano. Fasano looks like he's swimming upstream in mud and yet he gets more snaps than Kelce. Reid's #1 TE and #2 offensive weapon should be getting at LEAST 10 more snaps a game. imop
Started Kelce and am also a niners fan. Watching that game made me think the same thing... It's like Reid thinks he's outsmarting everyone by going to Fasano, when there's a good reason defenses don't pay attention to him.

The Chiefs are really fascinating. Admittedly it was the 9ers who shut out the Philly offense the week before, I never felt good about the matchup, but:

11 targets to Hemingway and Fasano. Kelce was 5th in targets with 3.

Amazing.

KC's last 4 drives:

06:16 3 02:10 KC 20 3 9 Punt

02:22 3 01:45 KC 45 5 19 Punt

08:42 4 01:32 KC 23 3 9 Punt

02:12 4 00:12 KC 20 2 0 Interception

The last pass to Kelce came with 3:22 left in the 3rd. It was a completion which was KC's last earned 1st down of the game.

Started Kelce and am also a niners fan. Watching that game made me think the same thing... It's like Reid thinks he's outsmarting everyone by going to Fasano, when there's a good reason defenses don't pay attention to him.
Sounds like an Andy Reid game plan alright.
I know it's a little crazy but Andy might make me sell Kelce high while I still can.

Users who are viewing this thread