What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

Was able to pick up Reed. Kielce has been serviceable but need a little more upside. Will probably start rolling with Jordan next week - until he breaks down again.

Last edited by a moderator:
On pace for 80-1056-6

2nd best PPR game of the season for him thanks to the TD

Good match ups Weeks 11-14 but tough playoff schedule

Probably roll with Reed 9, 10, 12 & Semis if I get there

On pace for 80-1056-6

2nd best PPR game of the season for him thanks to the TD

Good match ups Weeks 11-14 but tough playoff schedule

Probably roll with Reed 9, 10, 12 & Semis if I get there
Have the same two players and will likely do the same. Was pleased to see him in the end zone again finally.

I had noticed that KC would go on TD scoring drives many times when Kelce made a big catch but it seems they win most often when he gets a lot of targets.

----------------

.Pat Thorman@Pat_Thorman 16h16 hours ago

Today was 1st time this year, and 3rd time in his career, that Travis Kelce had more targets than any other Chief. KC is 3-0 in those games.

I think I might spend my remaining budget on Watson. Kelce is solid though. Not complaining too much.
I grabbed Watson for the bye week. But when Kelce is back I may have a decision on my hands. Ideally both keep producing and I'm able to trade one for WR help.

I've been a huge Travis cheerleader for two years. Paired him with Julius last year and was glad I had an awesome backup when Thomas got hurt. This year I took him in the 5th & cut Ertz before the season to pickup Denver DST. Figure I'd find someone before Week 9, & grabbed Jordan Reed during his long concussion layoff. Missed out on Reed's big week v. TBB.

Last week was a clunker saved by a garbage time TD. This week I'm starting Reed at home v. Jax.

Anyone else sitting Kelce @ DEN?

I've been a huge Travis cheerleader for two years. Paired him with Julius last year and was glad I had an awesome backup when Thomas got hurt. This year I took him in the 5th & cut Ertz before the season to pickup Denver DST. Figure I'd find someone before Week 9, & grabbed Jordan Reed during his long concussion layoff. Missed out on Reed's big week v. TBB.

Last week was a clunker saved by a garbage time TD. This week I'm starting Reed at home v. Jax.

should be a better match up with both Ware & Talib out

should be a better match up with both Ware & Talib out
Heard about Aquib but he's a CB so not sure how much he'd be on a TE and also not sure Wade Phillips drops DeMarcus Ware all that much but Shaq Barrett is pretty darn good as well and he isn't quite the pass rusher that DeMarcus is so Phillips will probably drop him more in coverage.

Denver is just a tough matchup however Kelce could still have a big game however I am siding with Bobby Layne this week. Gates is on BYE but fortunately I picked up Ben Watson and I put him in over Travis based on a gut feeling.

Actually I just thought that TJ Ward is the SS and he's giving up 7 inches to Kelce so.... hmnnnnn...

Chiefs 3-0 when Kelce leads in targets? Andy won't allow that to happen again...that was clearly an oversight.

I am forced to start Kelce this week, so I just hope he can get a Delanie Walker special.

Went back to see how he's fared against Denver and not bad:

1st game

- 6 targets

- 4 receptions

- 81 yards

2nd game

- 3 targets

- 3 receptions

- 36 yards

1st game

- 5 targets

- 4 receptions

- 58 yards

Against the Broncos he's averaging, a bit over 4 (4.22) targets for approximately ~ 4 (3.67) receptions good for 58 receiving yards per game without any scores yet.

He does 'ok' but it looks like the Broncos shut him down in the redzone so his ceiling has been limited.

Bracie Smathers said:
He does 'ok' but it looks like the Broncos shut him down in the redzone so his ceiling has been limited.
I think Reid shuts Kelce down in the Red Zone more than any defense.

Rotoworld:

Travis Kelce is listed as questionable for Week 12 after "tweaking" his ankle in Friday's practice.

The extent of Kelce's injury is currently unknown, but the fact that it's being characterized as a "tweak" rather than a sprain or high ankle sprain suggests he still has a chance to play on Sunday. If Kelce can't go against the Bills, the Chiefs would turn to Demetrius Harris as their starter.

Source: ESPN.com

Nov 27 - 4:23 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
I started Kelce over Reed in a league today and it looks like it will cost me living another week. I'm not sure what will ever change in this offense with Smith at the helm and Koolaid coaching.

I've got Gates and Kelce and not sure I understand why Kelce was rated over Gates this week or any week. Kelce doesn't have the consistency to get that level of respect and yet all of the FBG's agreed that strength of opponent is more important than the talent of the individual. Weird.

Dodds and Tremblay with their projections out.

Kelce is ranked 6th and 8th respectively.

And this is against a BALT D that defends TEs very well.

Meanwhile ASJ and V. Davis are ranked 17th and 21st respectively.

Really sick and tired of Kelce being ranked high but underperforming. Could see V. Davis doing quite well against PIT.

Dodds and Tremblay with their projections out.

Kelce is ranked 6th and 8th respectively.

And this is against a BALT D that defends TEs very well.

Meanwhile ASJ and V. Davis are ranked 17th and 21st respectively.

Really sick and tired of Kelce being ranked high but underperforming. Could see V. Davis doing quite well against PIT.
Indeed. I have had faith in Kelce only to be burned. For the second round of the playoffs he rides my bench.

I'm benching him for sure....both Watson and Heath Miller are available. I have to think either will be more productive this week. I am leaning towards Miller, but could go either way.

I'm benching him for sure....both Watson and Heath Miller are available. I have to think either will be more productive this week. I am leaning towards Miller, but could go either way.
I dumped Kelce in one redraft league & grabbed Miller. I think Ben will be targeting Miller often, as well as using DWill in a kind of two-man game to neutralize Broncos pass rush. I'll actually be disappointed if Miller isn't top 5 TE this week. Well, this is how I've rationalized things this week at least, hahaha.

Looks like he is a bit rattled confidence wise. Balls hit him in the hands that result in flat out drops.

That being said last 2 vs weak Run Ds in wet weather games. This week should result in more passing against a stiffer Run D.

Only threat is KC D racking up TDs against Six PicksAlot

Looks like he is a bit rattled confidence wise. Balls hit him in the hands that result in flat out drops.

That being said last 2 vs weak Run Ds in wet weather games. This week should result in more passing against a stiffer Run D.

So hard to trust. Baltimore D is very stingy vs TEs (and I'd love to know why since they are so terrible against WRs).

Picked up V. Davis and tempted.

So hard to trust. Baltimore D is very stingy vs TEs (and I'd love to know why since they are so terrible against WRs).

Picked up V. Davis and tempted.
Good linebackers and a ####e secondary?

Users who are viewing this thread