Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How do you guys view Kelce's ceiling? TE1? Top 5? Mega stud? Carrying him and Reed as backups to Graham in dyno and wondering if the best move is to try to move Reed once he plays some games.

Guest General Tso

How do you guys view Kelce's ceiling? TE1? Top 5? Mega stud? Carrying him and Reed as backups to Graham in dyno and wondering if the best move is to try to move Reed once he plays some games.

I'd say 8-16 range for this year, with definite upside for next year and beyond. KC looks like a mess right now, so I don't think there will be many touchdowns to be had this year.

His talent jumps at you, in the right system and the right team he could be right near the big 3. On this team with this talent his ceiling is probably right around te6 or 7.

I have Graham and Kelce as well. Would definitely try offloading Reed if you can wait until he strings together a few good games and you get someone to bite.

Rotoworld:

Travis Kelce - TE - Chiefs

Travis Kelce played on 32-of-86 snaps in Sunday's loss at Denver.

Andy Reid realized he made a mistake by only using Kelce on 18-of-58 snaps in Week 1. This time, he called far more "12" sets and Kelce responded by going 4-81-0 on six targets. "He's young," Reid said afterward. "We've just got to keep him coming, but he sure had some nice plays." It's obvious that if the Chiefs are going to move the ball, Kelce is going to need to be a big part of it. His time as a TE1 is coming sooner rather than later.

Source: Kansas City Star

Sep 15 - 10:14 AM

My math may be off, but as far as snap counts go that doesn't seem significantly better than week 1. I think Kelce owners like myself will need to start rooting against the Chiefs. Nothing shakes up a starting lineup like a losing streak.

Does he have more value than Donnell?

Depends, dynasty I like Kelce better. Redraft I like Donnell

Rotoworld:

Andy Reid realized he made a mistake by only using Kelce on 18-of-58 snaps in Week 1. This time, he called far more "12" sets and Kelce responded by going 4-81-0 on six targets. "He's young," Reid said afterward. "We've just got to keep him coming, but he sure had some nice plays." It's obvious that if the Chiefs are going to move the ball, Kelce is going to need to be a big part of it. His time as a TE1 is coming sooner rather than later.

My math may be off, but as far as snap counts go that doesn't seem significantly better than week 1. I think Kelce owners like myself will need to start rooting against the Chiefs. Nothing shakes up a starting lineup like a losing streak.

Philly homer here and let me tell you it's Reid. The guy is a pompass ###. He thinks he invented football. It will take weeks for him to realize what he has in Kelce, and when he does he will avoid it because his ego is bigger than his pants size.

I think he's going to be this year's Jordan Reed. Just hope he doesn't have the same concussion issues. With JC on the shelf, and Bowe back, they have to start exploiting Kelce more. His time is coming soon.

So what's his value in dynasty? Either 1 TE or allowing flex TE?

I'm about to turn down a first (likely 10-12) and would need a top 5 pick, but curious if I'm alone in this value.

Take a first for him either way. Of course, I was able to snag him off the waiver wire this summer.

We can start up to 3 TEs with enhanced TE PPR scoring, so good young TEs are worth a bit.

Every situation is different I guess. I also have Kelce on a deep roster dynasty that starts up to 3 TE's. He's my TE4 behind Gronk, Walker and Allen. If I had only 2 or even 3 TE's, I might be hesitant. But a future first, even a projected late first is pretty enticing. There are always overlooked TE's on the wire would be my train of thought or rationalization to do that deal.

Sure. But if the best TEs on the wire are Tamme, Doyle, Cumberland, and Sudfield, that limits your options.

Good TE1. not Graham/Gronk status but Witten/Olsen/VD/Reed level is reachable.

Trying to decide between Kelce and Gates. So hard to not roll with Gates though. But Kelce's potential could be Gateslike.

May roll with Kelce over Pitta. Seems like they are trending in opposite directions and might as well hop aboard before it's too late.

i just cut pitta for crowell (own twest) and am rolling with kelce exclusively.

His talent jumps at you, in the right system and the right team he could be right near the big 3. On this team with this talent his ceiling is probably right around te6 or 7.

this way too optimistic. there are just a ton of productive and talented tes out there right now.

graham

gronk

julius

olsen

vernon

gates

cameron

martellus

delanie

ertz

witten

reed

niles paul

donnell

rudolph

pitta

even dwayne allen and eifert

id say hes right there in the mix with them but it just kinda shows that tes are a dime a dozen at the moment. i dont see kelce outperforming enough of them to reach the top 5, but i think hes pretty safely in the back end of the top 12.

Andy Reid sure has been comfortable admitting he's not using his talented players enough.

They're 0-2, now would be a good time to try something different.

Andy Reid sure has been comfortable admitting he's not using his talented players enough.

They're 0-2, now would be a good time to try something different.

Yup, Kelce owners really need to pulling against the C

Rotoworld:

Philly homer here and let me tell you it's Reid. The guy is a pompass ###. He thinks he invented football. It will take weeks for him to realize what he has in Kelce, and when he does he will avoid it because his ego is bigger than his pants size.

Yea unfortunately it will likely take them seeing 1-5 or something like that before Kelce is playing over 50% of the snaps or dare I even say it, take over as starter ahead of Fasano.

I am interested to see if they decide to throw it a bit more however with Charles out. That would be something that would get Kelce on the field more. Keeping Fasano in as an extra blocker and send Kelce out in the slot.

tough spot for me. I have Rudolph and Kelce in a short bench league (only 5 spots). Really want to hold onto Kelce but don't know if I can do it. Would you keep Rudolph over Kelce? Both of their football teams look like dumpster fires right now...

Couple things might change the situation - the defense continues to disappoint, putting the Chiefs in passing mode, Charles being out means fewer passes to the RB position and more need for an outlet. I don't know if that bears out with Davis (6 catches, but just 4.3 ypc vs Den) but last year Charles was a reception machine, that has to go somewhere.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Couple things might change the situation - the defense continues to disappoint, putting the Chiefs in passing mode, Charles being out means fewer passes to the RB position and more need for an outlet. I don't know if that bears out with Davis (6 catches, but just 4.3 ypc vs Den) but last year Charles was a reception machine, that has to go somewhere.

I'm not sure if that will be the case. Davis runs pretty solid routes and good hands from what I've seen and Alex Smith is a checkdown machine.

Think he's better then Heath Miller?

Talent-wise at this point not even close.

FF-wise... eh you gotta go w/ the guy with the upside despite the limited snaps.

Kelce all the way.

I'm afraid I have to put Kelce on the wire for Larry Donnell in one of my PPR leagues. I'm still an owner and a believer, but I think this is an easy decision for people who need points now.

Tough to figure out when to play him. Under utilized deep threat, on a bad team. Guy looks like a freak, especially his speed for a big guy. How is Miami D vs. TEs this year?

I'm afraid I have to put Kelce on the wire for Larry Donnell in one of my PPR leagues. I'm still an owner and a believer, but I think this is an easy decision for people who need points now.

man you're gonna hate yourself

It's going to take one big play. When was the last time KC had a big time scoring pass play in regular season that did not include Charles. Seems like forever.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Kelce is gronk 2.0 the kid can flat out fly. LBs can't stay with him. If KC uses him right I don't see why he's not a top 10 TE pushing into the top 5. He's not even playing much and is putting up good numbers 81 yards with little playing time. Imagine if he started. Sky's the limit.

Jason Kelce got hurt but to see him trucking down the field you thought big back. Athletic family.

Kelce looking like baby Gronk tonight. Pats have no answer. #SWAG

Regretting starting Gronk over Kelce...

. I did the same if it's any consolation. Kelce is my TE 4 in a start 3 TE league. (Behind Gronk, Walker, and Allen). Shoulda benched Gronk! Ugh!!

Kelce looking like baby Gronk tonight. Pats have no answer. #SWAG

Regretting starting Gronk over Kelce...

Yeah, hopefully Gronk can be a poor man's Kelce. :gang2:

Guest General Tso

It'd be nice if Reid/Smith would show this kid some RZ love.

That's the one thing holding me back from all out loving this guy.

It really looks like they're making an effort to get him the ball. It's a great sign.

They're using a lot of Charles and Kelce and their offense looks good. Not sure why it took 4 weeks to figure that out but at least they did.