What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Some tweaks:

- Will be FPC Scoring (start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Dual Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 Def/ST, 1 PK

- Max points each week. No roster moves

- PPR for RB and WR; 1.5 PPR for TEs

- KR and PR TDs added to players as well (ie if Sproles scores a punt return TD, you get that score)

- Contest will have cuts through week 14 and have a two week shootout for the top prizes

- People signing up for a FBG subscription through FanDuel will compete for $70K worth of prizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
- People signing up for a FBG subscription through FanDuel will compete for $70K worth of prizes.
How does this work? Will non-FanDuel peeps be competing for a separate $35k? Or are you just saying that if you do the FanDuel thing, any prize you win will be doubled? Or something else?

How does this work? Will non-FanDuel peeps be competing for a separate $35k? Or are you just saying that if you do the FanDuel thing, any prize you win will be doubled? Or something else?
The Contest is for $35K. We pay the top 150 places. Everyone is entered into that as a subscriber. FanDuel has generously added another $35K to the prize pool and will pay the top 150 people that subscribed to FBG through them:

http://footballguys.com/fandueloffer.php?btag=a_1305b_358c_

- If you already have a subscription, you can add a year (by depositing $20 into FanDuel) from that link and be eligible.

- If you did the FanDuel last year from us, you can deposit $100 with FanDuel and be eligible.

The Contest is for $35K. We pay the top 150 places. Everyone is entered into that as a subscriber. FanDuel has generously added another $35K to the prize pool and will pay the top 150 people that subscribed to FBG through them:

- If you already have a subscription, you can add a year (by depositing $20 into FanDuel) from that link and be eligible.

- If you did the FanDuel last year from us, you can deposit $100 with FanDuel and be eligible.
Very cool of them. Unfortunately, I think my odds of winning $ in this contest as a regular non-FanDuel subscriber have decreased 10 fold over the past couple of seasons. Same prize, much much much larger pool of competitors. (not because of the extra 35k they're contributing, but because of the huge inflow of participants)

It's still a lot of fun though and still one of the reasons I love FBG.

You guys are looking at a proud $30 winner last year. Gonna add a few more zeros to that number this year.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket. I apologize if anything from the FBG subscription page was unclear or confusing. Let me try to explain in further detail how the FootballGuys subscription works. The FootballGuys subscription is available to users are:

1. New to FanDuel and sign up through FootballGuys with a $20 deposit

2. Users who have previously signed up to FanDuel through FootballGuys last season with their specific promo code but have not deposited yet.

3. Users who have previously signed up to FanDuel through FootballGuys last season and have deposited in the past to receive a subscription (With a $100 deposit, only these users are up for renewal)

Unfortunately, you do not fall into any of these categories since you did not sign up to FanDuel through FootballGuys. You can read up on the FBG deal details here:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=fanduelfaq

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need more clarification on the deal and I would be more than happy to assist you further.

I hope you are having a great day!

Kindest Regards,

Samantha

Seems kind of silly that I can't get in only because I was a previous customer...

Some tweaks:

- Will be FPC Scoring (start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Dual Flex (RB, RB, TE), 1 Def, 1 ST

- KR and PR TDs added to players as well (ie if Sproles scores a punt return TD, you get that score)

- Contest will have cuts through week 14 and have a two week shootout for the top prizes

I'm assuming the dual flex will be RB, WR, TE and not RB, RB, TE?

So much for late summer work productivity.

Looking forward to the renewed debate about small vs large teams.

And the inevitable, "SHOW ME YOUR ROOSTER!"

Love this contest, thank you FBG.

Some tweaks:

- Will be FPC Scoring (start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Dual Flex (RB, RB, TE), 1 Def, 1 ST

I'm assuming the dual flex will be RB, WR, TE and not RB, RB, TE?
that was a WTF for me too

I bought a football guys subscription last year first then got the fanduel deal after.....so that gave me a free subscription this year for footballguys. Does this qualify me for both prize pools in this year's contest? Or do I need to deposit more money into fanduel (which I plan to do before football starts) to be eligible for both contests?

I bought a football guys subscription last year first then got the fanduel deal after.....so that gave me a free subscription this year for footballguys. Does this qualify me for both prize pools in this year's contest? Or do I need to deposit more money into fanduel (which I plan to do before football starts) to be eligible for both contests?
Your add on last year via FanDuel made you eligible for all the weekly contests, etc last year. You are considered as someone who did that offer regardless that you added on years to your subscription. To be eligible for the extra $35K, you would have to reload $100 with FanDuel this year.

Your add on last year via FanDuel made you eligible for all the weekly contests, etc last year. You are considered as someone who did that offer regardless that you added on years to your subscription. To be eligible for the extra $35K, you would have to reload $100 with FanDuel this year.
It's just those of us who signed up for FanDuel before FBG made their deal with them last year who are screwed.

It's just those of us who signed up for FanDuel before FBG made their deal with them last year who are screwed.
and how exactly were you screwed? Last year you deposited $25 with FanDuel and got a year added to your subscription. I am pretty sure you also had the $25 still in FanDuel and they added bonus money ontop of that. So from where I sit you got a free subscription. FanDuel also offered some free rolls and other contests just to people that did this deal. I guess I am not following how you got screwed.

No one got screwed. You took up up the offer last year and benefited. This year to qualify for a second time you need to reload $100 with FanDuel to get the free subscription and extra perks. We negotiated that to give players just like you a path to get this deal. Feel free to pass on it.

and how exactly were you screwed? Last year you deposited $25 with FanDuel and got a year added to your subscription. I am pretty sure you also had the $25 still in FanDuel and they added bonus money ontop of that. So from where I sit you got a free subscription. FanDuel also offered some free rolls and other contests just to people that did this deal. I guess I am not following how you got screwed.

No one got screwed. You took up up the offer last year and benefited. This year to qualify for a second time you need to reload $100 with FanDuel to get the free subscription and extra perks. We negotiated that to give players just like you a path to get this deal. Feel free to pass on it.
I did not get a free subscription last year. I reloaded $100 this year and asked for my free subscription and they said "sorry, that is just for people who signed up for FanDuel as part of the FBG promotion last year." It's not a matter of passing on it. They're telling me I can't have it.

No, David, those of us who signed up for FanDuel before are screwed (per the bolded red)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket. I apologize if anything from the FBG subscription page was unclear or confusing. Let me try to explain in further detail how the FootballGuys subscription works. The FootballGuys subscription is available to users are:

1. New to FanDuel and sign up through FootballGuys with a $20 deposit

2. Users who have previously signed up to FanDuel through FootballGuys last season with their specific promo code but have not deposited yet.

3. Users who have previously signed up to FanDuel through FootballGuys last season and have deposited in the past to receive a subscription (With a $100 deposit, only these users are up for renewal)

Unfortunately, you do not fall into any of these categories since you did not sign up to FanDuel through FootballGuys. You can read up on the FBG deal details here:

http://subscribers.f...icle=fanduelfaq

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need more clarification on the deal and I would be more than happy to assist you further.

I hope you are having a great day!

Kindest Regards,

Samantha

Seems kind of silly that I can't get in only because I was a previous customer...

ETA -- I'm not even trying to get a "free" FBG subscription for this year, I just want a shot at the extra $35k

MIsunderstood what you were saying. FanDuel's policy is that people already benefited when they originally signed up (through someone else). Perhaps they gave you $20 free dollars or whatever when you signed up through a different window. This is like a poker bonus - They are interested in acquiring new customers. That's the crux of their offer. We got them to also include a path for anyone that signed up with us last year as well.

So in that regards yes, people that joined FanDuel through some other offer (or before we offered our deal last year) are not eligible for this offer.

MIsunderstood what you were saying. FanDuel's policy is that people already benefited when they originally signed up (through someone else). Perhaps they gave you $20 free dollars or whatever when you signed up through a different window. This is like a poker bonus - They are interested in acquiring new customers. That's the crux of their offer. We got them to also include a path for anyone that signed up with us last year as well.

So in that regards yes, people that joined FanDuel through some other offer (or before we offered our deal last year) are not eligible for this offer.
So... because I've been a loyal customer with both companies for years I don't qualify for the extra $35k. Got it.

I've never looked into Fan Duel, but I'm intrigued at the prospect of having something to complain about in 2014.

So... because I've been a loyal customer with both companies for years I don't qualify for the extra $35k. Got it.
I agree with you that it sucks. But it's kind of like when a company says - "The first three months are free for new customers." If you are already a customer, you can't call them up and get your free three months. They are trying to attract new customers with the deal. They do other things to try to keep current customers.

You and I don't see the harm in letting current customers play, but we are not making the decisions.

Add a new email to your paypal account and register fresh though that. Boom, you're a new customer.

Do they put dollar amounts on players or rank them based on the FGB staff current perception of those players or actual ADP data? David do you know? I'm just wondering. It seems more of FGB staff avg rankings then actual ADP data in years past.

Do they put dollar amounts on players or rank them based on the FGB staff current perception of those players or actual ADP data? David do you know? I'm just wondering. It seems more of FGB staff avg rankings then actual ADP data in years past.
I build the price list. It's part ADP, part projections and also tweaked based on the schedule (early byes increase cost and later byes decrease a players cost)

As a long time subscriber & having signed up at fanduel prior to last year I'm not happy about getting the shaft on this deal.

As a long time subscriber & having signed up at fanduel prior to last year I'm not happy about getting the shaft on this deal.
It sounds like the best way to continue being a subscriber is to no longer buy the 3 year subscriptions and to sign up through Fanduel each year. Kind of a bizarre business plan but that appears to be how they want it.

Just got off the phone with Geoff at FanDuel. Here is what we can offer to the people that do not qualify (joined FanDuel through a different deal than what we offered last year) but are subscribers and play at FanDuel.

You can be eligible for the extra $35K in prizes (but not the free subscription) by doing these things:

1. Reloading $100 with FanDuel

2. Emailing Geoff at geoff@fanduel.com after depositing the $100

3. Geoff will send us a list to include these players for the additional $35K

Just got off the phone with Geoff at FanDuel. Here is what we can offer to the people that do not qualify (joined FanDuel through a different deal than what we offered last year) but are subscribers and play at FanDuel.

You can be eligible for the extra $35K in prizes (but not the free subscription) by doing these things:

Very cool David. Even though I probably won't sign up for FanDuel, thanks for the extra effort.

So what about normal subscribers and the 35k vs. Fanduel subscribers in the 35k - are they separate pots? Could the Fanduel subscriber win 20k in the Fanduel side and say $1000 (or whatever 5th place or so gets) on the normal side?

So what about normal subscribers and the 35k vs. Fanduel subscribers in the 35k - are they separate pots? Could the Fanduel subscriber win 20k in the Fanduel side and say $1000 (or whatever 5th place or so gets) on the normal side?
Yes that is exactly correct.

Great news, thanks David.

Users who are viewing this thread