Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Official Johnny Manziel Thread: Tweets interest in joining the XFL, then deletes his Twitter account

god how i wish the draft day rumors were true and jerry jones "stole" him from us vs. taking the guard.

who knows, maybe JF learns from romo for a year and could have one a few of the 7 games they just lost w/ romo out.

tough to be a browns fan...

• Like 1

god how i wish the draft day rumors were true and jerry jones "stole" him from us vs. taking the guard.

who knows, maybe JF learns from romo for a year and could have one a few of the 7 games they just lost w/ romo out.

Serious chance he's starting for Dallas soon.

I'd take a 3rd or 4th and run like hell. But Farmer isn't smart enough to pull that off. and we're past the trade deadline.

Soon as in?????

Soon as in?????
there's a chance it's seriously soon.

Check out 23 year old Favre in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6gFiOKfiDg

I agree that throughout NFL history hundreds of players have gotten away with far worse than Manziel but let's be honest, while he may be talented Manziel doesn't have anywhere near the arm talent that Brett Favre did.

Then again I think they are both very close in the knucklehead arena.

There are still people who aren't aware that what is between the ears is just as important as the physical talents in order to be a successful NFL QB?

Baffling....

• Like 1

I guess, ultimately, we should blame ourselves for expecting a boy to act like a man.

I can't believe this is really an argument here....the position of qb in the NFL is different than any other in all of sports. The qb is the guy who sets the tone. I remember a few years back when Romo took a Caribbean trip on the bye week. He got crucified for just taking the trip. Manziel is an idiot. He drinks too much for someone who is a leader of an NFL team and probably at one point had a coke problem (might still have it). This is why he is getting demoted. Anyone with half a brain would be laying low and spending extra time studying film.

People bring up #### like Joe Namath and Desean Jackson and they are not even remotely comparable; one played in a totally different era where many of the dudes had second jobs and what not, and the other plays a diva position , which is quite frankly a dime a dozen, so who cares if he parties?

Just think of all the top qbs in the league and think about what their reputations are as far as being devout students of the game, being demanding of others, being total hard ###es and #####. Johnny Dumb### doesn't get it. Like another person pointed out even Winston looks like he has seen the light. If you are the qb and you want to stay the qb, you have to be the first one in and the last one out; plain and simple. You can't bogart a pile of coke and then not wake up for practice.

My problem isn't with the notion that he may be all the things you say he is. My problem is with all the people who state those things as a fact.

You really should be able to back up assertions, particularly when you accuse someone of being a coke head. AFAIK the most damning evidence of cocaine is a cell phone photo which doesn't really show much of anything.

You must not have much experience with party.

Not being able to hear your alarm after a night of partying means one thing: drugs. Maybe not coke, maybe some other type of drug. Since the photo is out there I am going with coke. Also, you might not have any experience with hard drugs and you might not understand the allure and the physical longing once you have done it enough times. It just makes sense that he is on coke. I know, circumstantial evidence, but hey...how many people have been convicted on that? Lots.

ehh, alcohol is pretty damn hard to wake up from. in fact, in my experience, which is just about every drug and every means of ingestion, alcohol still takes the top spot for worst mornings.

I agree that throughout NFL history hundreds of players have gotten away with far worse than Manziel but let's be honest, while he may be talented Manziel doesn't have anywhere near the arm talent that Brett Favre did.

Umm...Favre doesn't even come close to Johnny in the area of knucklehead. Let's do a comparison if Johnny ends up playing more than 20 years.

• Like 2

No way Johnny is dumb enough to text d##k pics. Even he knows how colossaly stupid that would be

Edited by Walking Boot

Soon as in?????

If the Browns cut him this year, Dallas will 100% make the waiver claim.

50-50 Jerry trades for him in the offseason. You know he's spent the last 3 days chewing out his staff for stopping him from taking him in the first round. "If you'd let me take Johnny we wouldn't have this problem right now!"

People still don't understand what this is about.

But let me point out one thing here - that is Brett Favre in Milwaukee being celebrated by Packer fans. Look at him there, he is loved by the fans. Packer fans. Not only that, but if you listen to teh audio they are talking about Favre taking the Packers to the Super Bowl. In fact he took GB to the NFC Championship and lost to the Cowboys.

By the way what kind of 1st round quarterback can't beat out Hoyer his rookie year and couldn't beat out Josh McCown in his second year in the league? Colt McCoy started more games for the Browns than this guy. How stupid is this discussion? This is the player we are talking about.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

People still don't understand what this is about.

But let me point out one thing here - that is Brett Favre in Milwaukee being celebrated by Packer fans. Look at him there, he is loved by the fans. Packer fans. Not only that, but if you listen to teh audio they are talking about Favre taking the Packers to the Super Bowl. In fact he took GB to the NFC Championship and lost to the Cowboys.

Even if johnny lead a team to the SB, if a video came out the week following he would be destroyed

By the way what kind of 1st round quarterback can't beat out Hoyer his rookie year and couldn't beat out Josh McCown in his second year in the league? Colt McCoy started more games for the Browns than this guy. How stupid is this discussion? This is the player we are talking about.

He was never in competition with McCown.

Listening to NFL radio the past few days it seems Clev isn't really that upset with the video and his partying. They are very upset in his lies and attempts to cover it up. The trust is broken. I don't think it's coming back.

• Like 1

No way Johnny is dumb enough to text d##k pics. Even he knows how colossaly stupid that would be

I think it is quite possible that he is that colossally stupid.

Umm...Favre doesn't even come close to Johnny in the area of knucklehead. Let's do a comparison if Johnny ends up playing more than 20 years.

You serious Clark?

This guy couldn't ask for a bigger break, pardon the pun.

McCown goes down for the year right after he's demoted to 3rd string. What are the odds?

I guess we just might see him get a shot again.

Probably Manziel. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Davis. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Johnny again. Then he'll go on a bender Christmas Eve and get himself suspended. Then Terrelle Pryor gets the coveted week 17 start for the Browns. Then everyone gets fired.

How could a team ever feel safe when there is always the worry this guy is going to show up at the stadium Sunday morning half drunk and hung over? Hes done.

I bet he starts again this year.

:hifive:

Probably Manziel. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Davis. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Johnny again. Then he'll go on a bender Christmas Eve and get himself suspended. Then Terrelle Pryor gets the coveted week 17 start for the Browns. Then everyone gets fired.

this is pretty accurate.

unless Pettine refuses to play Manziel, in which case he could get fired earlier.

same stuff, just slightly different order.

What's the most # of QBs that have started for Cleveland in one year?

What happens first, a Johnny party video shows up on TMZ or a Browns win?

Since they came back in 1999:

2015-2

2014-3

2013-3

2012-2

2011-2

2010-3

2009-2

2008-4

2007-2

2006-2

2005-2

2004-3

2003-2

2002-2

2001-1

2000-3

1999-2

This has the feel of a really good prediction framework.

2015-2

2014-3

2013-3

2012-2

2011-2

2010-3

2009-2

2008-4

2007-2

2006-2

2005-2

2004-3

2003-2

2002-2

2001-1

2000-3

1999-2

So 4. Lots of 2-3 years.

2015-2

2014-3

2013-3

2012-2

2011-2

2010-3

2009-2

2008-4

2007-2

2006-2

2005-2

2004-3

2003-2

2002-2

2001-1

2000-3

1999-2

So let me get this straight: If Austin Davis gets the nod this weekend, 2015 will be the fifth time in the last eight seasons that the Browns have trotted out at least THREE different starting QBs?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Dysfunctional" isn't even close to being a strong enough word for that organization.

Check out the week 17 starter each year. Non-Browns fans probably can't name half of them without looking.

Davis is starting.

Ouch. JFF must be done in Clev.

:shrug:

None of these guys will probably be back next year.

Davis is starting.

Ouch. JFF must be done in Clev.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Davis starting.

I like this coach. He has morals and sticks to them. Rare these days.

That's pretty easy to do when you're benching Manziel. It's not like you're faced with benching a premiere player.