What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (2 Viewers)

I own Allen and am psyched, but Rivers makes me nervous. When are the wheels going to fall off and bring Rivers back to earth. Hes done it before but is capable of being bad. Are Ds going to adjust?

I own Allen and am psyched, but Rivers makes me nervous. When are the wheels going to fall off and bring Rivers back to earth. Hes done it before but is capable of being bad. Are Ds going to adjust?
This is the single biggest question mark about this situation. Good post. I do think the new coach on offense is a much better fit for Rivers' strengths.

Let's be honest, McCoy has worked wonders. He was able to pinpoint Rivers's strengths and weakness and implemented a system where Rivers is able to get the ball out of his hands asap. He's playing very similarly to Alex Smith but isn't afraid to take shots when applicable (also has more talent at his disposal). The wheels won't be falling off any time soon.

Allen also just so happens to fit into this scheme perfectly with his short area quickness and ability to gain separation in tight spaces. It's a great fantasy situation.

Thing is for a few weeks Royal is hot, then Gates, then Allen along with Brown. I like what I see but I'm not to the point where I pay a big price for him.

Royal's hottest 3 weeks (1-3): 12 rec, 148 yards, 5 TDs (4 rec, 50 yds per game)

Brown's hottest 3 weeks (4-6): 16 rec, 189 yards, 0 TDs (5.3 rec, 63 yds per game)

Gates's hottest 3 weeks (2-4): 23 rec, 315 yards, 2 TDs (7.6 rec, 105 yds per game)

Allen's hottest 3 weeks (4-6): 20 rec, 302 yards, 2 TDs (6.6 rec, 100 yds per game)

follow the yards. saying Brown and Royal were hot too isn't comparable. Gates and Allen are the 2 targets here and it doesn't matter what price you will pay at this point most likely as very few Allen owners are going to trade him for a WR not clearly inside the top 10 right now. look at the Wisdom of the Crowd rankings, he was WR11 I believe

i traded away fitz for a RB upgrade to run with allen at my WR3... hope he keeps it up! was the SD media not hyping this guy... we got the Vincent Brown BS again this pre-season
The Brown hype was recycled from the 2012 preseason and reports that Brown was to be the focal point of the Chargers passing attack, or something like that. I suppose many writers just kept that same opinion despite the influx of new talent.
Well, during the pre-season, they didn't know that Malcolm Floyd would get injured in Week 2.

Floyd's injury was a huge factor in Allen getting an opportunity.

A trade just went down in our 12 team ppr:

Keenan Allen + Gio Bernard

for

Calvin Johnson + Eddie Lacy
Wow. Awful
There was a lot of complaining, but we eventually let it thru
that shouldn't come anywhere close to being denied. You guys throw a fit over that?
The guy in last place gave up CJ to the guy in 3rd place, seemed fishy :shrug:

Typically you have to give something to get an elite player, instead he got upgraded at both positions.

for

Wow. Awful
that shouldn't come anywhere close to being denied. You guys throw a fit over that?
The guy in last place gave up CJ to the guy in 3rd place, seemed fishy :shrug: Typically you have to give something to get an elite player, instead he got upgraded at both positions.
I'm not saying I would make the trade Calvin has been hurt and hasn't done much at all yet. I'm sure he was looking for immediate production to get out of the hole he's in. Gio and Lacy are pretty close IMO. I'd rather have Lacy, but it isn't that far off. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

for

Wow. Awful
The guy in last place gave up CJ to the guy in 3rd place, seemed fishy :shrug: Typically you have to give something to get an elite player, instead he got upgraded at both positions.
I'm not saying I would make the trade Calvin has been hurt and hasn't done much at all yet. I'm sure he was looking for immediate production to get out of the hole he's in. Gio and Lacy are pretty close IMO. I'd rather have Lacy, but it isn't that far off. :shrug:
50% more targets and 2x as many TD's as Allen, yeah, he "hasn't done much at all" :lmao: Over a 5 point differential in projected points for the first week of this trade:

17.44 + 14.35 = 31.79

13.90 + 12.51 = 26.41

for

Wow. Awful
50% more targets and 2x as many TD's as Allen, yeah, he "hasn't done much at all" :lmao: Over a 5 point differential in projected points for the first week of this trade:

17.44 + 14.35 = 31.79

13.90 + 12.51 = 26.41
I don't think straight up comparing Allen and Megatron is fair as far as the season is concerned. If you want to compare them since Allen has actually taken over the starting gig, well, he's the 3rd highest scoring WR over the past three weeks in PPR (Jeffry and Bryant sitting ahead of him). If this were PPR, Gio would also easily be more valuable than Lacy. I'm not saying I'd make such a trade but it's not completely bogus if you ignore name value (or lack thereof).

Really want to play this guy this week and think he will have a good week. But I'd have to pick him over Blackmon, Gordon, Marshall or Julius Thomas.

for

Wow. Awful

17.44 + 14.35 = 31.79

13.90 + 12.51 = 26.41
Laugh away, I guess. Again, not saying I'd make the trade, but it's not as ridiculous as you're making it out to be. Projected point differential? What does that have to do with it? You're making it out like I'm saying it's a great trade. I don't like it, but it's not in the conversation of being a reversed trade. Sorry to ruffle your feathers, commish.

for

Wow. Awful
ofc it should be vetoed. one guy got the best 2 players in the whole trade. and obv calvin is an immeasurable upgrade.

for

Wow. Awful

17.44 + 14.35 = 31.79

13.90 + 12.51 = 26.41
Laugh away, I guess. Again, not saying I'd make the trade, but it's not as ridiculous as you're making it out to be. Projected point differential? What does that have to do with it? You're making it out like I'm saying it's a great trade. I don't like it, but it's not in the conversation of being a reversed trade. Sorry to ruffle your feathers, commish.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9/155/2

vs.

3/67/0

Looks like that projected point differential was off, in our league it was:

vs.

You did say, "Calvin has been hurt and hasn't done much at all yet."

Yeah Calvin is washed up, no problem with that trade :thumbdown:

Calvin's obviously better. But bad trades should be allowed. Stupid trades, too. Only collusive trades should be vetoed. This may be lopsided, but its merits can be argued, so it doesn't look like collusion to me.

trades that destroy the competitive balance of the league should obv be disallowed. no one wants to play in such leagues. it is impossible to prove collusion anyway, so such a stipulation is irrelevant. in this case, and in cases similar, it collusion actually makes the most sense.

for

Wow. Awful

17.44 + 14.35 = 31.79

13.90 + 12.51 = 26.41
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9/155/2

vs.

3/67/0

Looks like that projected point differential was off, in our league it was:

vs.

You did say, "Calvin has been hurt and hasn't done much at all yet."

Yeah Calvin is washed up, no problem with that trade :thumbdown:
Great timing here. Sorry you started a ####### bitter post complaining about a trade in your league that no one cared about, then went on to laugh at anyone who disagreed with you. Go back and reread the posts, smart guy. You pick out one part of all the posts and hammer your point home after a big day. You're making an argument that no one else is making, then patting yourself on the back for it. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Under 10 today in most leagues, pretty much #### the bed for owners and that's what we get for hitching our wagons to a rookie.
what are you talking about? he had 67 yards at the half and had at least 2 end zone targets before he was hurt for most of 3rd quarter and Chargers ran the ball most of the second half. he didn't do anything today to change my opinion of him.

Under 10 today in most leagues, pretty much #### the bed for owners and that's what we get for hitching our wagons to a rookie.
what are you talking about? he had 67 yards at the half and had at least 2 end zone targets before he was hurt for most of 3rd quarter and Chargers ran the ball most of the second half. he didn't do anything today to change my opinion of him.
This.

Moreso, After D Thomas, I'm working with the likes of Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings. Both of those guys have been so wildly inconsistent. You can definitely do worse than Allen.

I second that Hines.
This.

Moreso, After D Thomas, I'm working with the likes of Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings. Both of those guys have been so wildly inconsistent. You can definitely do worse than Allen.
So... Is he supposed to go for 100 and a score every single week or else he's a bust?
I'm so sorry guys, MOP is just not himself tonight, kind of bummed about the Phins and just an overall crappy day in FF, no one needs feel sorry for me but I just wanted to throw a couple jabs but I probably picked the wrong thread. i do want to write a thread on all the rookie WRs and their long term prospects but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Appreciate the check raise guys, have a good one.

Great timing here. Sorry you started a ####### bitter post complaining about a trade in your league that no one cared about, then went on to laugh at anyone who disagreed with you. Go back and reread the posts, smart guy. You pick out one part of all the posts and hammer your point home after a big day. You're making an argument that no one else is making, then patting yourself on the back for it. Get out of here with that nonsense.
O'Rly?

Had a feeling this match up wouldn't result in good numbers. I wanted Jax to make it more of a game, but they couldn't hold up their end. Good weeks ahead :)

This is when people read too much into the box score. It was an ok game. He had 2 red zone targets that he got fouled on that would have been scores were it not for D penalties.

He will continue to be a very strong WR going forward.

This is exactly when you talk to the owner and play up this mediocre box score and trade FOR HIM.

This is when people read too much into the box score. It was an ok game. He had 2 red zone targets that he got fouled on that would have been scores were it not for D penalties.

He will continue to be a very strong WR going forward.

This is exactly when you talk to the owner and play up this mediocre box score and trade FOR HIM.
That's what I'm thinking. He's also drawing a little more coverage than he was three weeks ago. I think from what I'm seeing that he can handle it though.

Ministry of Pain said:
I'm so sorry guys, MOP is just not himself tonight, kind of bummed about the Phins and just an overall crappy day in FF, no one needs feel sorry for me but I just wanted to throw a couple jabs but I probably picked the wrong thread. i do want to write a thread on all the rookie WRs and their long term prospects but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Appreciate the check raise guys, have a good one.
Respect. Takes a good person to admit a mistake and post about it.

Not worried about yesterday. Like most of you said, was pretty much molested in the red zone twice, had 67 yards rec. I'll take it. Still very much a believer in this rook.

Users who are viewing this thread