What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (7 Viewers)

He killed me today. Started him over Gordon due to the weather reports out of CIN. Big mistake. Allen is firmly on my bench for Gordon until further notice; this week is the last time I will ever let that happen.

Broke my own "Always start your studs" rule. It sure did bite me in the ### today. Gordon's 28.5 points are on my bench while Allen's 7.5 is mocking me from the FLEX position.

Just sick over it. I had Gordon in there too and only switched him out leading up to 1:00pm due to the 40-50 mph wind reports with a possible tornado warning.

He killed me today. Started him over Gordon due to the weather reports out of CIN. Big mistake. Allen is firmly on my bench for Gordon until further notice; this week is the last time I will ever let that happen.

Broke my own "Always start your studs" rule. It sure did bite me in the ### today. Gordon's 28.5 points are on my bench while Allen's 7.5 is mocking me from the FLEX position.

Just sick over it. I had Gordon in there too and only switched him out leading up to 1:00pm due to the 40-50 mph wind reports with a possible tornado warning.
CSB

This guy was pushing WR1 value in The top 200 going forward and had one average game and everybody panics? Lets try to focus on his injury instead of the knee-jerk reactions. He out scored AJ green today and did about the same as Brandon Marshall and I'm pretty sure nobody is benching either one of those guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy was pushing WR1 value in The top 200 going forward and had one average game and everybody panics? Lets try to focus on his injury instead of the knee-jerk reactions. He out scored AJ green today and did about the same as Brandon Marshall and I'm pretty sure nobody is benching either one of those guys...
Yup. He goes a half of football with one target and he's overrated, a bum etc....people seem to expect 100 yards and a TD out of all their players, every week.

This guy was pushing WR1 value in The top 200 going forward and had one average game and everybody panics?
2 games bro. in a row.
I guess I'm no longer a "what have you done for me lately" FF owner because I had completely forgotten about the previous weeks stinker. I do have some concerns for him going forward but more so with the injury. He's still a WR2 that you likely snagged off waivers so I'm thankful for him on my squad. Hopefully he gets healthy for the FF playoffs!

This guy was pushing WR1 value in The top 200 going forward and had one average game and everybody panics?
2 games bro. in a row.
I guess I'm no longer a "what have you done for me lately" FF owner because I had completely forgotten about the previous weeks stinker. I do have some concerns for him going forward but more so with the injury. He's still a WR2 that you likely snagged off waivers so I'm thankful for him on my squad. Hopefully he gets healthy for the FF playoffs!
Think of it in OU terms: Keenan Allen 2 weeks ago=Blake Bell after ND. Keenan Allen now=Blake Bell now.

The 3 catches for 67 yards game, he came off injured as well did he not ?

Two out of those three, he missed major game time.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the "early sense" is that Keenan Allen sustained a knee hyperextension in Sunday's loss at Miami. The Chargers are expected to update their rookie's status Monday afternoon.

Hope the kid is ok. Wont be a good start vs KC anyway healthy or not.

I have to question the OC/HC game plans, seems like kenan gets feature on 1 drive a game, gets all his touches in the drive, then nothing else. Maybe D'S are rolling coverage or something else but I think McCoy/Whisenhut need to stop getting so cute with their gameplans, the Ivy League basketball milk the clock hasnt worked since the Indy game, so time to let it rip and get some points

Stay classy shark pool, piling on the injured guy for a "stinker". Do people actually watch the games or do they just ##### and moan over boxscores?

Anyway, regarding Allen, I'm concerned and hope he can get back healthy soon. Won't be starting him next week, but as a Rivers owner, now I'm getting a little nervous about him as well. Glad I started Foles over him yesterday. The SD offense looks anemic lately.

Stay classy shark pool, piling on the injured guy for a "stinker". Do people actually watch the games or do they just ##### and moan over boxscores?

Anyway, regarding Allen, I'm concerned and hope he can get back healthy soon. Won't be starting him next week, but as a Rivers owner, now I'm getting a little nervous about him as well. Glad I started Foles over him yesterday. The SD offense looks anemic lately.
its all about the game plan, the coaches rightfully so, know the Def is awful and need to keep the other teams Offense off the field. However kicking field goals doesnt win you game, FGs get you beat.

Hope the kid is ok. Wont be a good start vs KC anyway healthy or not.

I have to question the OC/HC game plans, seems like kenan gets feature on 1 drive a game, gets all his touches in the drive, then nothing else. Maybe D'S are rolling coverage or something else but I think McCoy/Whisenhut need to stop getting so cute with their gameplans, the Ivy League basketball milk the clock hasnt worked since the Indy game, so time to let it rip and get some points
That's been my thought as well.

If he's healthy I have faith in him, he's just a good player and that's what counts. Watching him my thought is SD should go to him all day but McCoy seems intent on spreading it around. KC's not a great matchup of course, but would like to hear more on the injury, sounds like a strain (if that's what a hyperextension is, I don't know).

I also benched Gordon for Allen but it happens. I still think he has the pedigree to be a top NFL WR. Obviously won't be starting him next week even if he does play but I still have confidence in his abilities.

Didn't watch the game yesterday and didn't realized he got hurt. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he doesn't miss much time. Guess I'll have to find another option since he gets the Chiefs tough D and will be banged up.

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike McCoy said Keenan Allen (knee) "will be playing" in Week 12.

Allen sustained what appears to be a mere hyperextension in the loss at Miami Sunday, missing the final couple drives. "He's fine," McCoy said. "He'll be playing, which is great." Allen has cooled off over the last two weeks, totaling just seven catches for 86 yards with no touchdowns. Still, he's the No. 1 wideout in a very effective passing game.

Source: ESPN.com

My numbers keep suggesting K.Allen is a top wr moving forward (and the best SD wr), but this is now twice that he has gotten injured and not finished games; add in the fact that he plays KC this week, and IDK what I'd do with Allen for this week.

My numbers keep suggesting K.Allen is a top wr moving forward (and the best SD wr), but this is now twice that he has gotten injured and not finished games; add in the fact that he plays KC this week, and IDK what I'd do with Allen for this week.
To my bench he goes. I have a hard time thinking Rivers will have time to deliver the ball. Woodhead/Mathews/Gates should be busy

To my bench he goes. I have a hard time thinking Rivers will have time to deliver the ball. Woodhead/Mathews/Gates should be busy
If he gets in any legitimate practice I'm going to roll with him. KC hasn't been nearly as stout against the pass as one may think. In fact, a lot of #1's have had great days vs. them. Now, I understand that Rivers likes to spread the wealth, but take a look at some of these stat lines..

Dez - 9/141/1

Cruz - 10/164/1

D.Moore - 5/82/1

Gordon - 5/132/1

D.Thomas - 5/121/0

There's also a lot of above average PPR weeks sprinkled in for the 2's and 3's. The match-up, as far as PPG allowed to WRs isn't even remotely imposing; it's more so neutral.

He practices, he plays (for me).

If he gets in any legitimate practice I'm going to roll with him. KC hasn't been nearly as stout against the pass as one may think. In fact, a lot of #1's have had great days vs. them. Now, I understand that Rivers likes to spread the wealth, but take a look at some of these stat lines..

Dez - 9/141/1

Cruz - 10/164/1

D.Moore - 5/82/1

Gordon - 5/132/1

D.Thomas - 5/121/0

There's also a lot of above average PPR weeks sprinkled in for the 2's and 3's. The match-up, as far as PPG allowed to WRs isn't even remotely imposing; it's more so neutral.

Makes sense to me. I just can't roll with him given totality of the situation. His use is a bit perplexing lately. Did he even get a 1st half target @ Miami, for example? Add to that a gimpy knee, vs that pass rush & Cheifs aren't an offensive juggernaut so garbage time might not be a saving grace... As always, I get it: it come down to an owner's alternatives.

I forgot to factor in AJ Green is on bye. SO it is now between Allen and Shorts, now I might have no other choice but to start Allen and hope for the best.

Dez - 9/141/1

Cruz - 10/164/1

D.Moore - 5/82/1

Gordon - 5/132/1

D.Thomas - 5/121/0

Makes sense to me. I just can't roll with him given totality of the situation. His use is a bit perplexing lately. Did he even get a 1st half target @ Miami, for example? Add to that a gimpy knee, vs that pass rush & Cheifs aren't an offensive juggernaut so garbage time might not be a saving grace... As always, I get it: it come down to an owner's alternatives.
Admittedly, I didn't get a chance to catch the game but it looks like Rivers (via stat tracker and box scores) went on spurts where he picked on certain match-ups (per usual). Allen, Gates and Brown all tied for a team high in targets (6). Simply put, I'm assuming Rivers tried to exploit other match-ups when applicable in the first half and Allen didn't quite factor into that equation. Let's also not forget, MIA is (unlike KC) rather stingy vs. WRs.

It's also become abundantly clear that SD, if given the choice, wants to control the game/clock. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Mathews has been trending upwards while Allen has been trending downwards recently.

You are correct however, it comes down to who your replacement may be. I do not have anyone to plug in who has his kind of upside and all indications are that he'll be good to go vs. KC this week. I'm actually hoping KC's DST turns it on forcing SD to play catch-up at some point in the game. You also mentioned Woodhead and Gates acting as obvious safety valves but Allen isn't to shabby in short space himself; in fact he excels.

Dez - 9/141/1

Cruz - 10/164/1

D.Moore - 5/82/1

Gordon - 5/132/1

D.Thomas - 5/121/0

Admittedly, I didn't get a chance to catch the game but it looks like Rivers (via stat tracker and box scores) went on spurts where he picked on certain match-ups (per usual). Allen, Gates and Brown all tied for a team high in targets (6). Simply put, I'm assuming Rivers tried to exploit other match-ups when applicable in the first half and Allen didn't quite factor into that equation. Let's also not forget, MIA is (unlike KC) rather stingy vs. WRs.

It's also become abundantly clear that SD, if given the choice, wants to control the game/clock. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Mathews has been trending upwards while Allen has been trending downwards recently.

You are correct however, it comes down to who your replacement may be. I do not have anyone to plug in who has his kind of upside and all indications are that he'll be good to go vs. KC this week. I'm actually hoping KC's DST turns it on forcing SD to play catch-up at some point in the game. You also mentioned Woodhead and Gates acting as obvious safety valves but Allen isn't to shabby in short space himself; in fact he excels.
Rivers and Allen were just getting on a roll on a third-quarter drive. If I remember right, he caught his third pass of one drive then Allen's taunting penalty for talking smack basically de-railed that drive. A call that they would only call on a rookie basically. Garbage officiating.

If he is playing, Im starting him.

The coaching staff is warming up to mathews more, lets hope they re-discover Keenan some soon
This, if he can get TWO full practices this week, start him. If no full practices, then to the bench, if 1 full start, well, do the math....50% starting. haha.

...and before I forget, can someone PLEASE let K.Allen know that he plays better with LONG sleeves on--plus he is easier to spot on the field. Thank you.

Well given my roster needs at WR for an upgrade just traded Allen (and woodhead) who I am losing faith in based on recent performance and a downspiral of the SD offense that can't support 5 fantasy worthy players for Garcon.

I am already strong at RB so I think Garcon will offer more down the playoff run than Allen.

Keenan Allen (knee) is practicing Wednesday.

Allen is looking good for Week 12. He sat out much of the fourth quarter last Sunday but appeared to suffer a mere hyperextension. Coach Mike McCoy has already said this week that Allen will be "fine" and "will be playing" against the Chiefs. He'll be a borderline WR2/3 as the Chargers' No. 1 receiver.
This was a day earlier than I expected. Great news.

2 games bro. in a row.
3 out of his last 4:

3 catches for 67 yards, 0 TDs

4 catches for 41 yards, 0 TDs

3 catches for 45 yards, 0 TDs
So at his worst he's on pace for an 800 yard season? Pretty decent floor.

Bottom line on Keenan is that he's a rookie. He's not going to jump out and challenge AJ, Calvin and Dez for the top WR spot this year. Defenses adjust and re-focus their efforts. They aren't going to allow him to catch 10 balls a game all season long.

Maybe a little bit of both. He's also been dinged up and has been taken out of games.

The Dallas game was his coming out party. You have to remember that he did not play much (check snap counts and targets ) before this time.

Prorated (I know I know), since the Dallas came, K.Allen would be on pace for a 87 rec 1333 yds and 7 tds season, and this includes 2 games that he did not finish.

Not bad, eh....

That being said, this week's matchup isn't the best, so his upside is limited for this week.

The Dallas game was his coming out party. You have to remember that he did not play much (check snap counts and targets ) before this time.

Prorated (I know I know), since the Dallas came, K.Allen would be on pace for a 87 rec 1333 yds and 7 tds and this includes 2 games that he did not finish.

Not bad, eh....

That being said, this week's matchup isn't the best, so his upside is limited for this week.
ya, considering his matchup and his injury I'm actually going to roll with Boykin this weekend.

Prorated (I know I know), since the Dallas came, K.Allen would be on pace for a 87 rec 1333 yds and 7 tds and this includes 2 games that he did not finish.

Not bad, eh....

ya, considering his matchup and his injury I'm actually going to roll with Boykin this weekend.
I'm still not quite sure how this (Allen vs. KC) would be a match-up to avoid. On the season they've allowed the 19th most PPG to WRs, statistically making them a middle of the road match-up. Over the past 5 weeks however, they've allowed the 10th most (9th most over the past 3 weeks).

Take MIN for example (the match-up you're going to try and exploit). They've allowed the 6th most PPG to WRs on the season, but would you believe they have allowed less PPG (12th most) than KC over the past 5 weeks?

I'm not saying Boykin is the incorrect choice btw.

Not bad, eh....

I'm still not quite sure how this (Allen vs. KC) would be a match-up to avoid. On the season they've allowed the 19th most PPG to WRs, statistically making them a middle of the road match-up. Over the past 5 weeks however, they've allowed the 10th most (9th most over the past 3 weeks).

Take MIN for example (the match-up you're going to try and exploit). They've allowed the 6th most PPG to WRs on the season, but would you believe they have allowed less PPG (12th most) than KC over the past 5 weeks?

I'm not saying Boykin is the incorrect choice btw.
great stuff Song...you've made me think a little more on this...

I was expecting no practice till Friday and then a questionable or GTD tag heading into the weekend. When I heard that he practiced on Wednesday, immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread